Start by marking “Thicker Than Water” as Want to Read:

Thicker Than Water

Outcast operative in the Supernatural Investigation & Crime Bureau (SICB) Callen Blackheath finds himself doing what he does best: defying orders and giving his boss a headache in the thick of an operation he shouldn’t be in. And there’s no way he’s walking away, not when the investigation has become deadly personal.

Needing to protect the only family member he has left, t
ebook
Published March 14th 2020 by Rainbow Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Thicker Than Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thicker Than Water

Start your review of Thicker Than Water
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

This book starts off with action and it never really lets up. It had a really nice pace that kept me in the story till the end. It also helped that the MC was really likeable. I liked his personality and the fact that he brought humor relief to the story. Callen has a pretty laid back way about himself. He tries not to take a lot too seriously unless it's needed. He was quite fierce when he needed to be though. I really liked him and that made the book that much more enjoyable for me.

Ca
 CCAM&GZM
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, choosing a book by its cover works! Let's be fair, look at it! It's different and promising, and I always liked authors who give importance to their cover.

Sometimes, choosing a book outside your direct, immediate interest works too! This is the third time I've read an MM story and I'm happy to say that it's the second I liked it.

I liked how the fantasy/paranormal aspects and romance parts are both important and contribute to each other. "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the
Joyfully Jay
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Thicker Than Water by Becca Seymour begins with a real bang and doesn’t let up. This novel is a fast-paced action thriller with a dash of romance thrown in for good measure. I really appreciated how the author chose to keep the attraction element between Thatch and Callen simmering almost the entire novel and give it just enough fodder to keep it percolating, but not overtake the plot. Instead, the book is really is all about unraveling the mystery of who is the h
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

“Thicker Than Water” immediately establishes Callen’s distinctive voice as a charming nonconformist with a tender heart.

Read full review in the 2020 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mari  Cardenas
5 Stars!

So, I picked this book on a whim and what do you know? It actually paid off. LOL I'm a big fan of urban fantasy books and Thicker Than Water really hit its mark with me.

Smart-mouthed SCIB Agent Callen Blackheath finds himself involved in a new case after his latest act of defying orders lands him in the middle of an operation that turns more personal than he would've wanted. The only good thing to come out of it, is finding a place in a task force lead by Liam "Thatch" Thatcher and get
Rosabel
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.
Callen finds Thatch, the leader of a black ops task force, bleeding and bitten when he goes against orders, again. But Thatch was bitten by Callen's sister, and his niece is now missing and Thatch might be the only link to finding the child. But as the investigation spreads its net, Callen is forced to make some decisions, decisions that could cost him his heart.
I really REALLY enjoyed this from Ms Seymour! She usuall
Dahlia Donovan
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
5 out of 5 stars

I LOVE a good urban fantasy.

And Thicker Than Water is DEFINITELY a brilliant one.

Fast paced. Sexy supernatural creatures. Twists and turns. Highly Emotional moments. Romance. Love. It has everything you want.

It was the perfect read on a day that I definitely needed the distraction of being carried away on an adventure.

Highly recommend.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Not your usual shifter story, different and refreshing. Becca is a new author to me and she had me intrigued from the very start. Loved the characters and watching them evolve along with the story. Really enjoyable.

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
Kim
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read this author before. This is a MM contemporary paranormal romance. Main characters are Callen a born wolf shifter and Thatch a new changed wolf shifter. Both belong to a secret arm of law enforcement. This book is set in Australia. Tragedy and fight scenes this book has it all. I’ll read more from this author. This book has the most amazing cover too.
Shakera
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When outcast, Callen Blackheath, breaks orders and rushes into a burning building, his life changed forever. In this building, he found two bodies, one belonging to his sister, who is now dead, and the other belonging to Thatch. Without knowing the connection Thatch has to his sister, Callen gets both bodies out of the burning building just in time. Together, can Callen and Thatch get the most lethal drug off the street and out of the hands of rogue shifters and other paranormals?

I have to say,
Tracie R
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I was really taken by Thicker Than Water, the way Ms Seymour brought her characters together and captured their essence and stories within the pages made for compelling reading leaving me unable to put it down. A well-paced and delivered paranormal m/m romance I can only hope there is more to come, and the author makes this book the start to an amazing series.
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

This is an exciting and fast paced supernatural crime story. The story follows Callan, a bad boy special agent as he accidentally becomes embroiled in a dangerous secret investigation. When Callan’s own family is threatened, Callan must work with his new secret team to protect his niece and the other wolf shifters at risk.

I loved the Australian setting of this story and I liked the unusual characters. Thatch’s secret
Anne Barwell
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
I loved this story and hope the author hasn’t finished with these characters and their world. I also loved that it was set in Australia—there needs to be urban fantasy/paranormal romance set in this side of the world.

I liked that the world building is fabulous and a little different. I loved that there are different kinds of supernaturals working together with humans in a task force. I also liked that the world building and plot unfolded bit by bit rather than info dumping all at once.

Callen a
Sarita Chapdelaine
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.

This is a great story with wonderful characters, an intriguing storyline, the world building is excellent and I really enjoyed it. The fast pace, intense action, compelling characters and surprising twists had me fully engaged until the very end. Callen and Thatch have an instant connection and smoking hot chemistry and I love how their relationship evolves. I like that they are so different but a
Susan Anne
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Thicker Than Water by Becca Seymour via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. I’ve been reading books about shifters and vampires for a long time (thanks LKH!), so finding a new twist on the creation of either is always entertaining. The idea a shifter could create a new shifter by biting them at the time of the first shifter’s death, thus gifting not only the ability to shift but more, is new to me. I’ve also not read a shifter/vamp story set in Austra ...more
Vicki
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-pnr
A well written, fast paced, action packed shifter mystery romance that had me hooked from the first page. This story just flowed so well that I couldn’t put it down. The main characters Callen and Thatch have bucket loads of chemistry and both are interesting and likeable. Callen is pretty laid back with a great sense of humour whilst Thatch, the team leader, is a bit more on the serious side but let’s himself go a bit with Callen. Some great side characters really add to the story. There’s no a ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love it when an author combines my two favorite genre tropes- PNR and M/M. This author does it beautifully! The story kept me glued to my Kindle and I read it in one sitting not going to bed until the wee hours of the morning just to finish it. Callen does what he does best and defies orders when it becomes personal to his family. He meets Thatch, and the one part his sister left him he will definitely defy them. I love the slow burn romance between Callen and Thatch. Will they be able to sol ...more
Maria Vickers
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ready for some non-stop action, a good story, a creative plot, and some amazing characters? You need to read Thicker than Water by Becca Seymour. Callen and Thatcher were interesting, and while I enjoyed them alone, I really loved them together. They drove the story, but the plot was great too!!

The book is really good and had me turning the page and getting lost in the words from the beginning. I feel like we have a lot more to learn, or if it wasn't on purpose, we are missing information and n
Kathy Wideman
This was a great read. Callen is a member of the Supernatural Investigation & Crime Bureau (SICB). While looking into something for a case, things become personal for him. His sister is found dead in a lab he learns they could be after his niece. Callen meets Liam while at the same lab. Liam is bitten and turned. Liam is the head of special task force. He could be the one to help Callen take these people down. What neither expected was to develop feelings for each other. Callen must battle his f ...more
R
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Callen Blackheath left his pack and his sadistic father behind. He joined a supernatural investigative unit. His investigation leads him to Thatch.

He find his sister dead. She bit Thatch right before she died, giving him pieces and parts of her memories. Thatch is dealing with becoming a wolf shifter, trying to stop a deadly new drug and Callen. Which might be the biggest problem he’s ever faced.

I loved Callen and Thatch’s give and take. Kind of a fast slow burn. Really good, numerous character
Cheryl
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: acr

Thank you for the ARC read, I voluntarily give this book an honest review. Callen was about to get rimmed after he went rogue on mission stumbling into a special ops while finding a shock in the lab his sister shifted and a human lab tech, things get interesting at head quarters. Finding out the tech was really a team leader of the special force's he had no knowledge of.. being pulled into the new team with Thatch. Just love Callens flirtatious attitude towards Thatch, while Thatch appears unaff
Natalina Reis
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Seymour has delivered again. Her jump from contemporary romance to fantasy has more than worked; it rocked! I'm a fantasy/PNR freak and Thicker Than Water kept me turning pages to find out what's next. The action never stops and the mystery is intriguing, but for me the best part was the characters; they were well developed, likable, and their chemistry came across loud and clear. I was a bit worried I would lose interest because I am not a fan of "tough" guys, but these two guys had just th ...more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A fun and sexy thrill ride of a story that hooked me from the first page. I loved the characters and really enjoyed getting to know them and seeing their relationship evolve.
Kristy Maitz
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: boring
The start was pulling, characters interesting but writing stile, story development scattered. A lot of wholes inside the story plot stays unsaid (for example - Callen past). Even romance between Callen & Liam cant make it better. Why? Because there is no drama, no complicated moments between them - nothing. Their getting together is just it. So for me it was boring, boring boring. ...more
Tony Williamson,jr.
Pleasant surprise.

Becca Seymour is a new author for me. I must say I enjoyed this book very much. The plot is well laid and the characters are fun.b
The Quille and Lampe
What I Think:So, I have this habit of forgetting the storylines of the tales I sign up to read and promote, which means by the time it’s their turn to be read, I get amazing surprises. This is a shifter tale. Nuff said. It also turned out to be interracial and even though I read recently that POC outside of Africa don’t like to be referred to with food terms, as an African and foodie, those are honorable descriptions (so forgive me).

Thatch is a tall, well-sculpted bar of good chocolate, you know
❤Sharonica-Logic❤
MMy Thoughts and Review:

This was my first read by Seymour. As can sometimes happen when I start books from "new to me" authors it took me a while to find my groove. Once I got my rhythm I fell like Alice into a world of supernaturals who live and work side by side with mundanes.
The story begins like the shot being fired at the start of a race, and the book proceeds like racers would take off and it doesn't slow down until the end of the story. A lot is going on in the story fr
Aimie
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything one would want from this genre. Action, bad guys, heroes—sexy ones at that, and a great story. I’d barely read the first page and I was hooked. I loved all the characters especially Callen. The author put her own unique spin on shifters and I loved that. It was refreshing. I hope Becca Seymour writes more from this group of characters because I would read them in a heartbeat.
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.75 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.5

Okay, O.M.G! From the opening sentence I was drawn in and couldn't put this book down! From every twist and turn, every conspiracy and danger, this book had me on the edge of my seat and fully encased in its world. It's one hell of a ride!!!

I loved the boldness of the characters, the unique shifter world with a delicate balance between shifters, vampires and humans and the awesome Sydney/Australian setting. There are of course a few (awesome) Australianisms, tha

• Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • The Parable of the Mustard Seed
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Captive Mate (Mismatched Mates #2)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • The Fantastic Fluke
  • Wolf Reborn (The Wolves of Kismet, #3)
  • More Than Life
  • Just My Luck
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
Becca Seymour lives and breathes all things book related. Usually with at least three books being read and two WiPs being written at the same time, life is merrily hectic. She tends to do nothing by halves so happily seeks the craziness and busyness life offers.

Living on her small property in Queensland with her human family as well as her animal family of cows, chooks, and dogs, Becca appreciate

News & Interviews