Start by marking “Chasing His Fox (Choices: Tarkio MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing His Fox (Choices: Tarkio MC, #1)

Chasing His Fox

(Choices: Tarkio MC #1)

For as long as Scarlett can remember, Nelson Steel is the constant in her life. He's her best friend, her confidant, her secret. He dries her tears with rough, stained hands. Teaches her to drive. Looks after her as she flirts with dating and even shows her how to kiss.

She never tells anyone about the older boy next door because he depends on her, too. Every time his dad b
Published December 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Chasing His Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing His Fox

Start your review of Chasing His Fox (Choices: Tarkio MC, #1)
 B.E.Love
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the beginning of this book, we see so much of these two's lives and see them friends protecting and caring for each other and then falling in love. I really enjoyed this book a lot. I will say I wish more was explained at the end. Nothing is left up in the air but I wish we had got more in-depth info at the end. ...more
Somia
3 Tepid Stars

Nelson and Scarlett have always had a close bond but when he is arrested for his father's murder and locked away for a decade they find their paths diverging. Scarlett's the only one who believed he was innocent, and when he returns to their hometown feelings that have always been their waiting to bloom (so to speak) come to the fore.

When Nelson returns and even during their first kiss on his return, (view spoiler)
Cheri
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She followed him around as a little kid. He kept her safe from his angry dog and dad. He taught her to drive. She nursed his wounds after his father beat him up. She asked him to teach her about kissing. She missed him when he went to prison.

Scarlett tried to move on with her life. No one would listen to her on the stand when she tried to defend Nelson. When he came home two years early he was different but yet the same. He didn't want to reconnect as friends but she'd keep trying. She had a boy
Sandra
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must Read ASAP

71+

My Books

Browse ▾

Community ▾

Sandra rated a book it was amazing

8 days ago

Chasing His Fox

by Debra Kayn (Goodreads Author)

Read

Chasing His Fox by Debra Kayn
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. THAT I ENDED UP BUY AS WELL! It's that awesome.....

This is Scarlett and Nelson's story....
They've been best friends since Scarlet can remember. They were each others anchors and confidants....  and when she was 16 years old she lost Nelson because of a horrible incident. S
Kim  Brewing
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a before the MC life story. Scarlett and Nelson lived next door to each other. Being 8 years older he tried to protect as much as he could but his life was not rainbows and unicorns either. Something happens and they are separated for 10 years. Can they pick up their friendship or is it their time? Could they be more now, something they both secretly hoped for.

I really enjoyed meeting these two and liked both characters. I just wanted a little more, not sure exactly what, but just a litt
suzy
This series is about “before club life”, and what made each man in this series “slip on a leather vest”. I really enjoyed the story and it’s been the first book I’ve read since life has been turned upside down with the virus, couldn’t concentrate and get into a book at all, but this story kept me reading, will definitely try the next book.
Crystal
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. It was emotionally charged. I would have liked to have seen more done in regards to the MC but I understand this WHY HE CHOSE. Plus I wanted more about the murder and his suspected involvement since that is at the heart of the drama but not much is done about that storyline. I am starting book #2. So that means these books are worth reading so far.
Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)
Can I just gush for a moment about how much I absolutely love Debra Kayn's writing? There is just something so authentic about her stories and her characters that I find appealing and refreshing. Chasing His Fox is an age gap biker romance that feels like a prequel or origin story to something bigger. I say biker romance loosely because while our hero does ride a motorcycle and a MC is introduced, the story itself is focused on our main characters, Nelson and Scarlett.

Oh Nelson, what an alpha wi
Carolina
Couple: Scarlett (aka "Fox") and Nelson Steel
Meet: Next door neighbors
Problems: Well, there are too many to describe right now. Besides, you don't want me to tell you everything.

If you're an 80s kid, you'll love the setting of this book. It begins in the 1980s. We meet Scarlett while she's bleeding in the treehouse and Nelson is trying to get her down. Her reason for being in the treehouse involves Butch who sounds like a mini version of Cujo. From here, we find 12 year old Scarlett always hang
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mrs. Kayn is one of my all time go to authors. Chasing His Fox is the start of a new MC series, at least I assume that this is the start of a new series. But if its not the start of a new series, its definitely new MC book.

Nelson and Scarlett's story starts 10 year's beforehand. When Scarlett is just a young girl and Nelson is the boy/man who is 8 year's older than Scarlett and lives behind her in his father's shop.

Nelson is a man who has an abusive father and my messed up brothers. I will
Brittany Ensminger
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was just amazing. I lived in Montana for a few years, and this book just brought back all kinds of good memories of the culture and lifestyle from living in that region. As I read this book, I couldn’t help but feel like I could be living in the small town, right along with the characters. It’s crazy how the littlest thing, like taking the game of darts seriously, can just sell you on a book and it’s realness.

Now for the romantic portion of the book, I flipping love age differences in
Trudy Dowling
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
It has been quite sometime since I read one of Debra Kayn's books. I could give a lot of excuses but let's go with I blew it. Chasing His Fox was the perfect book to begin the addiction all over again.

Nelson Steel has had a rough life and Scarlett has witnessed a good portion of from the other side of the fence. She was the little girl next door, beyond his reach, but always close by.

This was the perfect girl next door romance with Nelson having enough class that he didn't touch her until he r
Maria Passia
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett feels a deep connection to Nelson, the older boy who lives next door. He's her best friend and always there for her, and she's the only one who knows what he's going through. When a violent incident separates them, she loses him and her life seems meaningless. But ten years later he returns and she realises that her feelings remain strong. Nelson is a hardened man and hasn't stopped thinking about her. But his life is filled with violence and he has enemies determined to destroy him. Wi ...more
Amanda Belford
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this as an ARC for an honest review

Loved Nelson and Scarlett's story! Whirlwind of emotions while reading this.

Nelson is a good guy who was thrown a not so good family in life. He finds himself mixed up in drama that he never wanted to be a part of that eventually changes his life forever.
Scarlett having grown up next door to Nelson was always infatuated with her older neighbor and knew from the beginning he was and would always be the guy for her.
So many things thrown their way to
Kathy Dunn
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends from a young age, only good things can come to them, right? Well maybe, but first life throws them a curveball...or two. Scarlett knows Nelson is the only one for her, she just needs to convince him. But that is easier said than done. I know when I was young, I thought I had met “The One” several times. Then I grew up.
Scarlett is just wise and understands that Nelson was trying to protect her but Nelson also needs to understand she isn’t 8 anymore.
We get a look into the Tariko MC and s
Melinda
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this love story! I loved the way Scarlett loved Nelson and believed in him without a doubt, even when everyone else told her she was crazy to do so. She loved him and stood by him even when he told her not to. I loved the way Nelson protected Scarlett with the love and tenderness that a 12-year old child needs and then with the fierceness of a man in love with the 26-year old woman. He always puts Scarlett first. I also loved that this story was set in the not so distant past, at a time ...more
TassjaAnn
I enjoyed this book... A biker light with a look at before club life.. kinda like a prequel look on club members. This is Nelson and his Fox. Well I enjoyed the book the part one was of them as teens and young adults and part two is where the story really starts - for me anyway. I didn't need part one to be so long. Also in part two it drove me nuts a bit with the push and pull Nelson was doing. I felt the whole thing didn't really need to happen. When he shuts her out for her safety, he resolve ...more
Connie
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivated from the start. Well written with a realistic feel that will tug your emotions. Engaging characters. Nelson and Scarlett have always had a rare kind of relationship. Building a bond, a connection no one understood. A good guy stuck in a family of bad apples. Abused himself but always protective of his "fox". Nelson is the one constant in her life someone Scarlett counted on and believes in even after the years where he was wrongly sent away. They have a love that was meant to be. Wort ...more
Beth
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
What can I say except Debra Kayn does it again with a new twist to MC romance. This book is what the life of the H was before he joined the MC and club life.

Terrific love story, h has loved him since the moment she met him. He always has looked after her, he was older than her by 6-8 years, I can’t remember, but it is not inappropriate. Both of them had less than ideal childhoods, especially Nelson, however, they were always there for each other.

I can’t wait for what Debra Kayn has in store for
Will A. Graham
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read

I enjoy reading this book. You will like the characters. The are strong, well developed and vulnerable. The family dynamic of MC club members was amazing. I would have like for Nelson to be cleared of the death of his father and the drug charges, however his strength and determination to have a better life was endearing. The writing flowed easily and effectively and the lovemaking was off the charts. Overall a good read and you will not be disappointed by selecting this book.
Stacy Davis
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhhh, a love story that was always meant to be. This is what we have with Nelson and Scarlett. This is a fantastic book with amazing characters and a fabulous story line. I was pulled into this story from the first chapter and could not put it down. As usual, Debra’s writing was great and she never lets me down! This is another must read and a great start for a new series! Get your copy today!!
Pam Schultz
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing his Fox in the first book in a new series, and I absolutely loved it. Their love is for each other was amazing and inspiring. With all their hardships, they still found their way. This book has everything you could want in a book and more. Love, passion, drama, abuse, heartache, and so much more. Chasing his fox was so well written, and an age gap that was tastefully done. Do yourself a favor and grab your copy. You won't regret it. ...more
Michelle
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Debra. This is Scarlett and Nelson's story. Nelson is neighbors with Scarlett and they have always had a friendly relationship and watched out for each other even with the age gap between them. They go through many obstacles that life throws at them and still find their way back to each other. This book is full of drama, twists and turns and even heartache. I hope we get the story of some of the other characters from the story. ...more
Rose
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing His Fox written by the amazing Debra Kayn. Another winner for this talented author! I was hooked from the first to the last chapter and could not put Nelson & Scarlett's story down. They've been best friends since she was very young and lived next to each other. They lost touch after an incident happened and Nelson went to jail. Would they have a chance for a future together? Fast forward 10 years and you need to buy the book to get see what's next!

Sharon Leali
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet and Nelson are an amazing couple with lots of issues to go through and get past. Love the whole dynamics from beginning to end in this novel. It's an interesting way to find out what the lure of the Motorcycle Clubs have for people and a different take on it. Highly recommend this one for everyone. ...more
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An original age-gap romance that gives you all the feels. I really enjoyed this book. The characters were so real they could be your neighbor. I loved seeing their easy friendship when they were younger and watch it develop into more ten years later. I absolutely loved Nelson he was such a great guy. This was a really good book
Teresa R.Fieck
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it !!

I really enjoyed this new book by Ms Kayn. Scarlett loved Nelson from the time she was a little girl and he watched over her. Things happen and when he came back 10 years later.
She fell even more in love with him. This was a great start to a new series. Can’t wait for what comes next.
Michele
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this storyline! Ms. Kayn said this book would be different than her normal books, and she was right, but in a very good way! It was fantastic to hear the whole backstory on Nelson and Scarlet. Great characters and a wonderful read! I am so excited and hope this is the start of a new series! Must read!
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
I've never read anything so emtional captiving that my word was turned upside down and fell in love with the characters on every page. The story unfolding before me was just what I needed to get out of my book funk. Hooked. Jaw dropping amazing and gosh dang those steamy parts where just that steamy. The love Fox and Nelson have for each other is 1 in a million love you dream about. MUST READ. ...more
Debby
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another one I love

I haven't read all of Debra Kayn books, but the ones I've read I love. Nelson was older by 8 years which I like when they are older even older than this preferably. The relationship with Nelson and Scarlett was so well done. They both grew and loved so real. I really recommend this story and to try one of Debra's stories they are so good.

• Over The High Side (Sacred Hearts MC Pacific Northwest, #1)
  • Raine's Fall (Blazing Outlaws MC #1)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Demented Sons MC: Texas, #3)
  • Styx and Stones (Demented Sons MC: Texas, #2)
  • Lock and Load (Demented Sons MC: Texas, #1)
  • Alarick (King's Descendants MC, #1)
  • A Twist of Fate (Aces High MC - Charleston, #5)
  • North (Kings of Carnage MC #4)
  • Jax and Jokers (Demented Sons MC: Texas, #4)
  • Sly (Kings of Carnage MC, #6)
  • Bash (Kings of Carnage MC, #2)
  • Shattered Trust (DreamCatchers MC, #3)
  • Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0, #10)
  • The Killing Ride (Aces High MC - Charleston, #4)
  • Coyote (Hawks MC: Next Generation, #1)
  • The Will (Magdalene, #1)
  • Dark Protector (Black Hoods MC #1)
  • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)
Debra Kayn is published by Grand Central Publishing, Simon & Schuster Publishing, Carina Press - Harlequin Enterprises Limited, and repped by FinePrint Literary Management. A member of RWA and a multi-bestseller, she has over sixty books published.

Believing everyone deserves to love and be loved, she takes the most unlikely characters and turns them into heroes and heroines.

She lives with her fa

Choices: Tarkio MC (4 books)
  • Burning Hot Rumors (Choices: Tarkio MC #2)
  • Two Hearts Born to Love (Choices: Tarkio MC #3)
  • All Of His Secrets (Choices: Tarkio MC, #4)

News & Interviews