Start by marking “Chasing His Fox” as Want to Read:

Chasing His Fox

For as long as Scarlett can remember, Nelson Steel is the constant in her life. He's her best friend, her confidant, her secret. He dries her tears with rough, stained hands. Teaches her to drive. Looks after her as she flirts with dating and even shows her how to kiss.

She never tells anyone about the older boy next door because he depends on her, too. Every time his dad
Published December 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Chasing His Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing His Fox

Start your review of Chasing His Fox
Cheri
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She followed him around as a little kid. He kept her safe from his angry dog and dad. He taught her to drive. She nursed his wounds after his father beat him up. She asked him to teach her about kissing. She missed him when he went to prison.

Scarlett tried to move on with her life. No one would listen to her on the stand when she tried to defend Nelson. When he came home two years early he was different but yet the same. He didn't want to reconnect as friends but she'd keep trying. She had a
Sandra
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must Read ASAP

71+

My Books

Browse

Community

Sandrarated a bookit was amazing

8 days ago

byDebra Kayn(Goodreads Author)

Read

Chasing His Fox by Debra Kayn
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. THAT I ENDED UP BUY AS WELL! It's that awesome.....

This is Scarlett and Nelson's story....
They've been best friends since Scarlet can remember. They were each others anchors and confidants.... and when she was 16 years old she lost Nelson because of a horrible incident. She went on
Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)
Can I just gush for a moment about how much I absolutely love Debra Kayn's writing? There is just something so authentic about her stories and her characters that I find appealing and refreshing. Chasing His Fox is an age gap biker romance that feels like a prequel or origin story to something bigger. I say biker romance loosely because while our hero does ride a motorcycle and a MC is introduced, the story itself is focused on our main characters, Nelson and Scarlett.

Oh Nelson, what an alpha
Carolina
Couple: Scarlett (aka "Fox") and Nelson Steel
Meet: Next door neighbors
Problems: Well, there are too many to describe right now. Besides, you don't want me to tell you everything.

If you're an 80s kid, you'll love the setting of this book. It begins in the 1980s. We meet Scarlett while she's bleeding in the treehouse and Nelson is trying to get her down. Her reason for being in the treehouse involves Butch who sounds like a mini version of Cujo. From here, we find 12 year old Scarlett always
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mrs. Kayn is one of my all time go to authors. Chasing His Fox is the start of a new MC series, at least I assume that this is the start of a new series. But if its not the start of a new series, its definitely new MC book.

Nelson and Scarlett's story starts 10 year's beforehand. When Scarlett is just a young girl and Nelson is the boy/man who is 8 year's older than Scarlett and lives behind her in his father's shop.

Nelson is a man who has an abusive father and my messed up brothers. I will
Brittany Ensminger
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was just amazing. I lived in Montana for a few years, and this book just brought back all kinds of good memories of the culture and lifestyle from living in that region. As I read this book, I couldn’t help but feel like I could be living in the small town, right along with the characters. It’s crazy how the littlest thing, like taking the game of darts seriously, can just sell you on a book and it’s realness.

Now for the romantic portion of the book, I flipping love age differences in
Maria Passia
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett feels a deep connection to Nelson, the older boy who lives next door. He's her best friend and always there for her, and she's the only one who knows what he's going through. When a violent incident separates them, she loses him and her life seems meaningless. But ten years later he returns and she realises that her feelings remain strong. Nelson is a hardened man and hasn't stopped thinking about her. But his life is filled with violence and he has enemies determined to destroy him. ...more
Melinda
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this love story! I loved the way Scarlett loved Nelson and believed in him without a doubt, even when everyone else told her she was crazy to do so. She loved him and stood by him even when he told her not to. I loved the way Nelson protected Scarlett with the love and tenderness that a 12-year old child needs and then with the fierceness of a man in love with the 26-year old woman. He always puts Scarlett first. I also loved that this story was set in the not so distant past, at a time ...more
Amanda Belford
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this as an ARC for an honest review

Loved Nelson and Scarlett's story! Whirlwind of emotions while reading this.

Nelson is a good guy who was thrown a not so good family in life. He finds himself mixed up in drama that he never wanted to be a part of that eventually changes his life forever.
Scarlett having grown up next door to Nelson was always infatuated with her older neighbor and knew from the beginning he was and would always be the guy for her.
So many things thrown their way to
Kathy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends from a young age, only good things can come to them, right? Well maybe, but first life throws them a curveball...or two. Scarlett knows Nelson is the only one for her, she just needs to convince him. But that is easier said than done. I know when I was young, I thought I had met “The One” several times. Then I grew up.
Scarlett is just wise and understands that Nelson was trying to protect her but Nelson also needs to understand she isn’t 8 anymore.
We get a look into the Tariko MC and
Connie
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivated from the start. Well written with a realistic feel that will tug your emotions. Engaging characters. Nelson and Scarlett have always had a rare kind of relationship. Building a bond, a connection no one understood. A good guy stuck in a family of bad apples. Abused himself but always protective of his "fox". Nelson is the one constant in her life someone Scarlett counted on and believes in even after the years where he was wrongly sent away. They have a love that was meant to be. ...more
Pam Schultz
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing his Fox in the first book in a new series, and I absolutely loved it. Their love is for each other was amazing and inspiring. With all their hardships, they still found their way. This book has everything you could want in a book and more. Love, passion, drama, abuse, heartache, and so much more. Chasing his fox was so well written, and an age gap that was tastefully done. Do yourself a favor and grab your copy. You won't regret it.
Rose
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chasing His Fox written by the amazing Debra Kayn. Another winner for this talented author! I was hooked from the first to the last chapter and could not put Nelson & Scarlett's story down. They've been best friends since she was very young and lived next to each other. They lost touch after an incident happened and Nelson went to jail. Would they have a chance for a future together? Fast forward 10 years and you need to buy the book to get see what's next!

Stacy Davis
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhhh, a love story that was always meant to be. This is what we have with Nelson and Scarlett. This is a fantastic book with amazing characters and a fabulous story line. I was pulled into this story from the first chapter and could not put it down. As usual, Debra’s writing was great and she never lets me down! This is another must read and a great start for a new series! Get your copy today!!
Michelle
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Debra. This is Scarlett and Nelson's story. Nelson is neighbors with Scarlett and they have always had a friendly relationship and watched out for each other even with the age gap between them. They go through many obstacles that life throws at them and still find their way back to each other. This book is full of drama, twists and turns and even heartache. I hope we get the story of some of the other characters from the story.
Sharon Leali
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet and Nelson are an amazing couple with lots of issues to go through and get past. Love the whole dynamics from beginning to end in this novel. It's an interesting way to find out what the lure of the Motorcycle Clubs have for people and a different take on it. Highly recommend this one for everyone.
LaToya Toney
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An original age-gap romance that gives you all the feels. I really enjoyed this book. The characters were so real they could be your neighbor. I loved seeing their easy friendship when they were younger and watch it develop into more ten years later. I absolutely loved Nelson he was such a great guy. This was a really good book
Teresa R.Fieck
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it !!

I really enjoyed this new book by Ms Kayn. Scarlett loved Nelson from the time she was a little girl and he watched over her. Things happen and when he came back 10 years later.
She fell even more in love with him. This was a great start to a new series. Can’t wait for what comes next.
Michele
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this storyline! Ms. Kayn said this book would be different than her normal books, and she was right, but in a very good way! It was fantastic to hear the whole backstory on Nelson and Scarlet. Great characters and a wonderful read! I am so excited and hope this is the start of a new series! Must read!
 B.E.Love
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the beginning of this book, we see so much of these two's lives and see them friends protecting and caring for each other and then falling in love. I really enjoyed this book a lot. I will say I wish more was explained at the end. Nothing is left up in the air but I wish we had got more in-depth info at the end.
Joyce
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review...

Scarlett and Nelson's story was everything I've come to expect from a Debra Kayn story. You could feel everything these two were going through. Can't wait to read the rest of this series!
Dottie Withers
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible addition to my library! I love
all my books by Debra. This story was engaging and beyond entertaining.
Scarlett and Nelson are such a dynamic couple together.
Their story grabs you and leaves you wrecked.
So totally worth it!
Momma Hellmouth
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Before the MC this is another excellent read from Debra Kayn. Ten years apart has done nothing to change the love she has felt for him yet he has changed and so has she. So many things to overcome but one thing is for sure they’re worth fighting for and their story is one you must read!
Dee
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got a slow start with this book but I am so glad I didn't give up it was great. It got to a point where I couldn't out it down. Scarlet and Nelson loved their story. Wish we would have gotten to know more of the MC. Maybe her sister will get a story.
Nancy Lewis
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She has loved him forever. Ten years apart has done nothing to change that. If they can just get past the remaining roadblocks in their lives, they can be together forever. Their love is worth fighting for.
Ashley Bishop
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I love how it was before MC life. Loved how Scarlett and Nelson had a deep connection way before adulthood. The bestfriends. The neighbor that took care of her. How when he needed her to take care of him she was there. I loved it!
Diana Schroeder
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book cover to cover I couldn't put it down.
Celeste
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So amazingly heartbreaking and full of turmoil. I loved and hated it at the same time. Once again you out did yourself with this story.
Carin
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spaning decades two damaged souls meant for each other. This is another great book by Debra and we are lucky enough that it's the start of another MC series. Its gritty, emotional, gripping and hot.
Karen West
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Scarlett and Nelson's story is a true love story that stands the test of time. Debra Kayn is a master story teller. I can't wait to see where she goes with the next book in the series.

• Smokey: Texas Kings MC, Book 6
  • The Killing Ride (Aces High MC - Charleston #4)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • Claimed (Trojans MC Book 10)
  • Hammer (Evil Dead MC, #10)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Dr. Dan
  • The Will (Magdalene, #1)
  • LOUT: Texas Kings MC, Book 5
  • Bear's Forever
  • Priceless (Ruthless Doms #1)
  • Renegade (Knights of Fury, #2)
  • If I Say Yes (Blake Brothers Book 1)
  • Borden 2 (Borden, #2)
  • Borden (Borden, #1)
  • Maxum & Lily: Rebel Guardians Next Generation
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Hawke
Debra Kayn is published by Grand Central Publishing, Simon & Schuster Publishing, Carina Press - Harlequin Enterprises Limited, and repped by FinePrint Literary Management. A member of RWA and a multi-bestseller, she has over sixty books published.

Believing everyone deserves to love and be loved, she takes the most unlikely characters and turns them into heroes and heroines.

She lives with