Start by marking “Dreams of Fire (Dreams, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dreams of Fire (Dreams, #1)

Dreams of Fire

(Dreams #1)

Meet Kara Hartman, a young painter living and working in D.C. She would love to let you believe she is just an ordinary young woman with a dream of sharing her art with the world. But she is hiding an astonishing secret: Kara can wield magic, the most powerful force in the universe. Traumatized by the loss of her brother, she wants nothing more to do with magic. But when a ...more
ebook
Published December 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dreams of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams of Fire

Start your review of Dreams of Fire (Dreams, #1)
Dianne
Christian Cura’s DREAMS OF FIRE is a steadily moving tale of one woman who has forsaken her magic after tragedy struck long ago. Making a living as a successful artist, she finds romance with a woman she met by chance, a world that accepts her and a measure of peace of mind. But her peace will soon be shattered when her past comes back to haunt her, threatening all that she holds dear.

Prepared for some violence, romance and the struggles one woman will endure as she comes face to face with the r
Kat Dietrich

Dreams of Fire by Christian Cura is a fantasy novel, and the first in the Kara Hartman series.

First, let me thank the author for approaching me, and for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis:   (No major reveals, but if concerned, skip to My Opinions)

Magic is commonplace, and both the mystics and the non-magical people mingle.

In the Canadian wilderness stands a prison, run by Warden John Hartman.  The prison is designed for t
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

Dreams of Fire was interesting paranormal, urban fantasy that revolved around Kara Hartman who forsaken her magic after tragedy. It was bout loss, vengeance, friendship, love and magic.

I have mixed feeling for this. Some things were good while some I didn’t like. But first let me tell you what was in the book and what I liked.

The book started with Kara visiting her ex-best friend, Charlotte, at Canadian prison stronghold for rogue mys
D.K. Hundt
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
DREAMS OF FIRE
DREAMS OF FIRE is the first book that I have read by Christian Cura, and I had a blast reading it. If you enjoy delving into a world of fantasy filled with mystics, the non-magical, demon hunters, evil hounds, and a bit of romance (Yes, please!), then this book is for you.

The ending screams sequel, and I, for one, can’t wait to read more!

Thank you to Christian Cura for providing me with an eBook of DREAMS OF FIRE in exchange for an honest review.

Have Coffee Need Books
Good vs. Evil.
Witches, demon slayers, spells, family loyalty, love, heartache, rivalry, friendship, and betrayal are the core of Christian Cura’s Dreams of Fire plot. If you enjoy Lev Grossman’s Magicians or the tv adaptation of L.J. Smith’s Secret Circle, Dreams of Fire is something that could appeal to you.

Dedication to protecting non-mystics from magic-users with ill intent is what drives the Hartman Family. But the world of magic isn’t easily policed. The inciting incident of this story li
Sandy
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story plays deeply on the idea of “trust your instincts.” So many lives could have been saved. Kara always knew something was wrong with Charlotte but was hoping any bit of goodness within her would randomly spark into redemption. There’s nothing wrong with looking for the good in others, but sometimes it just isn’t there.

As the story continues, a group of Enforcer recruits arrives at the mystic prison in Canada. Within that group is a person with her own agenda. The Enforcer instructors fe
Paul
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Dream of Fire is a contemporary urban fantasy novel featuring a bit of romance and a fight to win the battle of magic and evil beasts. Kara is a young painter who has moved to Washington DC to establish herself in the scene. Several past events have made her hesitant to use her powers even though her training has made her an adept user of the arts. Yet, an attack at a party forces her to expose her talents… and meet a demon-hunter in the process. This sparks a budding romance and a pull for Kara ...more
Nico Bell
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
There’s a lot to like about Dreams of Fire. This action rich fantasy novel is full of magic, romance and tension. However, structural issues kept this novel from reaching its full potential.

Let’s start with the characters. Kara and Selena are the main protagonists that keep the action rolling. Their budding romance spices up the pages, and their growing loyalties toward each other feels organic as the danger heats up. I was cheering for these two from the moment they battled a demon together. Th
Sandra
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A complete page-turner; I could not put this book down! You follow this story from multiple perspectives, allowing you to grasp not only all parts of the tale Cura has woven but also to truly understand what it’s like to live in a world with Mystics. Dreams of Fire lacks the one-sided animosity that most urban fantasy sew into the baseline of their worlds and has instead created a fictional world that lives in a realistic harmony between Mystics and normals.
I hope to read more from Christian C
Anie
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, magic
Kara is a painter. Anyone who meets her thinks she is just that. In reality, she has magic. She went to the renown Academy to train. Then something horrible happened, that turned her away from magic. She never even use it, until a party one day, when she tried to help a girl fighting demons. She did more bad than good, but it was a great meet-cute. :) It all seems well, but then the past comes back to haunt her.

I love magic in the book, especially the way it fits into the world created. I like t
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dreams of Fire by Christian Cura is a wonderful story that I have read. This is a wonderful stroy written by a brand new author for me to read and I can not wait to read what they write about next. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy, LGBT and paranormal romances.

Likely Story
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cura was able to create a creative and refreshing spin on the idea of individuals who have magical powers. I really enjoyed the story and found myself reading it in one sitting to see what happens next. For my full review click here: https://likelystory.blog/2020/09/02/r... ...more
Simrin
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is very well written by the author. It has many twist and turn. I liked the idea of the book as I usually don't read this type of the epic tale. There were few chapters that were having a repetition of ideas. I liked the strongest character of the book Kara. This is a good read. I would like to give 4/5 stars.
Salla (Books Told Me So)
Full Review:

The synopsis holds a promise for something epic, but in the end, it falls short of its promise.
KayBee's  Bookshelf
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a somewhat emotional tale (for me) of one person giving up an integral part of who they are after tragedy. Kara, an artist in DC, is forced to expose her powers, which inadvertently puts her in the path of romance with a demon hunter and a war filled future. The author sets up this new world in detail. There were times that this attention to detail worked against the story. The author does a great job of developing the characters and keeping the story moving despite having a a dual subp ...more
Adele
Jan 04, 2020
Chestnut
Apr 18, 2020
Christian Cura
Oct 01, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BookyCat

• The Love Monster
  • My Happily Ever After
  • Anecdotes of a White Collared Slave
  • It Happened in Bengaluru: ...Where a Winner Resigned to Conquer
  • Dead Meat: Day 3 (Dead Meat, #3)
  • Superman: Red Son
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World (Light the Abyss, #1)
  • New World
  • Rusty Brown
  • The Deep
  • King of King Court
  • A Thousand Fires
  • The Book of Lost Saints
  • The Vengeance of the fallen (The Conspiracy Unknown, Book 1)
  • The Chosen One
Christian Cura is a new author who just recently published his debut novel Dreams of Fire. Ever since he read Lord of the Rings as a teenager, it has been his dream to write and publish a novel of his own. His favorite authors include J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, and Robert Jordan.

Christian lives in Northern Virginia where he lifts weights and creates artwork. He is a Gryffindor, an Earth-bender,

Dreams (2 books)
  • Dreams of Thunder (Dreams, #2)