Start by marking “Half Truths” as Want to Read:
Half Truths

Half Truths

(Secret Society #1)

You've heard of these groups - the secretive ones that only the crme de la crme are invited into, the ones outsiders speculate about for centuries - I'm the second in my family invited to attend, but to them, I'm fresh meat. New blood. New money, too.
They think they'll elbow past me, that I'm here for their amusement, for them to walk all over, they'll find out soon
Published October 21st 2019 by Claire Contreras (first published October 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Half Truths, please sign up.
Tamara Kahler No. The plot was tied up nicely. Though there is a big enough world that there could be more.…moreNo. The plot was tied up nicely. Though there is a big enough world that there could be more. (less)
Claire Contreras I think you may need to do it on a computer. Either way, I hope you read the book and clear it by adding more stars ;)…moreI think you may need to do it on a computer. Either way, I hope you read the book and clear it by adding more stars ;) (less)

Start your review of Half Truths
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quiet great mash up of Scream, Riverdale, Penelope Douglas’ Devil’s Night (but this time there are two secret club members differentiated by their black and red clocks, which one is bad, we don’t know yet!) It’s fast pacing, mysterious, gripping page turner with hot, undeniable chemistry between Mae and Logan Moriarty Fitzgerald (After Andrew Scott, Moriarty name always gives me a wide smile! No offence Sherlock Cumberbatch!)

The plot is intriguing: Mae a.k.a Amelia changes her school to dig
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 “I Never Want To Let You Go” Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 04F4A945-B750-42D9-8868-97EC987EB7F8_zpspn9hdjnb.jpg

Amelia Baston "Mae" is the daughter of one of the richest moguls in the world. She's lived a privileged life surrounded by wealth, but is very genuine and grounded. She's a newly single college student studying journalism who transfers schools her senior year moving back to her home state of New York. She's the new girl on campus at Ellis University, and is focused on graduating when she becomes intrigued by the university's star
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 STARS

I adore Claire Contreras books and the second I read the blurb for this book, I was itching to get my grabby little hands on it. Secret society, deadly secrets, and plenty of twists and turns? Sign. Me. Up.

Claire doesn't wait to get the reader immediately drawn in with the jaw dropper of a prologue. I was immediately enraptured in this world and these characters.

Amelia Baston is a young woman that's used to the world of privilege. But even her family's money won't get her the answers she
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
HALF-TRUTHS

I’ve been in such a bookfunk lately, since my last five star read (Author Amo Jones In Peace Lies Havoc is the culprit) no other book had been able to hold or grab my attention! They all fell short! Until this!

This was one of my most highly anticipated books and I literally couldn't wait to dive into it, I’m so glad that it was this one that pulled me out of my funk!

There wasn't anything I'd change about this book, I loved the suspense that this book was cloaked under, the romance that sprung
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE Amazon: https://smarturl.it/HalfTruthsAmazon

4 STARS

Such a brilliant story, I was hooked from the beginning till the end!I was intrigued when I read the synopsis and I just couldn't wait to finally read it!I loved the storyline it was atmospheric and I find it brilliant!

description

The suspense and the mystery was great!The romance interesting with slow burn, do I need to say more?? This is refreshing and I'm sure everyone is going to love it!

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 CLOAKED CROWNS

Claire Contreras, since the moment I found her as a reader, has been a one-click author for me. Her storylines always vary - sports romance, drama, contemporary romance. But where she has always captivated is with her suspense romance, so to find out she was returning to this trope had my excitement level at an all time high. And let me tell you, she delivered.

Logan is equal parts broody and romantic hero. He has that mysterious and alluring air
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”HALF TRUTHS” is a nail-biting suspenseful mystery surrounding secret elite societies and a missing college coed. The story starts slowly and I wasn’t particularly in love with the Hero and Heroine, but as time went on and the plot started to get interesting, I found this to be a real page-turner. Everyone was a suspect and you can’t help but try to figure out who the real villain in this story. It held my attention to the very end!

Here are
Jade Violet
Half Truths was a mixed bag of tricks. Some were really promising and others fell short. The story centers around Amelia Baston, daughter of Felipe Bastion, media mogul and one of the richest families in the country. She has just transferred to Ellis University, where her father and all her brothers attended after leaving Duke and her break up with her NCAA boyfriend Travis. But Amelia's main focus in going to Ellis is the disappearance of a girl she went to high school with, Lana Ly and also ...more
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡

Half Truths is this perfect narrative constructed by some of my favourite tropes—secret societies, enemies to lovers and college sports—beautifully weaved together and set within an eerie, sinister environment that clutched every fibre of my being without remorse. Carefully crafted, Claire Contreras delivered a suspense-filled romance that left me on edge, wondering what questions will be answered and secrets unveiled as each page flew by in the most riveting blur ever.

He had a mysterious
Adriana Locke
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What the hell did I just read?
Claire Contreras just blew. my. mind.
Half Truths will be landing on Favorite Reads for 2019—no doubt about it. It has everything a reader wants: fantastic romance, incredible pacing, characters that come alive on the pages that basically flip themselves! It's not just written, it's crafted. Each word feels specifically chosen and every sentence feels beautifully strung together. Reading it is an experience and I'm grateful for the opportunity.
Do yourself a favor
Wil Loves Books!
4.5 Stars!!!!

This was definitely a fantastic read! As far as suspenses go this was incredible and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I was so hooked while reading it. I absolutely needed to know where the story was going and what was really going on. Lots of mystery and intrigue. Secret societies, missing students, lots of secrets, they will keep you interested from beginning to end.

Claire is such a fantastic writer, I love her books and this is no exception. Some of the things, I
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars ...more
Courtney
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
WOAH! I mean seriously - WOAH!! That was an epic experience. Yes, experience.

Claire Contreras, I think you may have just outdone yourself.

Half Truths is an intense, fast-paced and eerily suspenseful story that I could not put down once I started.

And the blurb gives your just the surface of what you experience reading this story.

Mae transfers her senior year to the college her entire family has attended. She has her many reasons but they main one being what happened to her brother. And when she
Kim
Not the worst but no the best either. I liked the story and the mystery but the relationship building could have been better.

The thing between Mae and Logan felt a bit forced and unnatural at times. He’s the most wanted guy in school who doesn’t do relationships and suddenly he only has eyes for one girl and he even talks about how wants to marry her and everything after only a short period of time.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

"Forever. And forevermore after that."

This book is very much a romantic suspense and it pulls you in deep. There are different secret societies, girls that have gone missing and all kinds of theories. You never know what to believe.

Amelia has transferred to her brother's college to get more answers regarding his accident and a missing girl. As she digs deeper and deeper, she only gets more questions until she becomes closer to Logan.

Logan's not exactly sweet to Amelia and she kind of likes
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Half Truths was a very intriguing read. The cover, premise, and synopsis truly called to me. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! The idea of secret societies existing and operating in the open as they do in this book is a very enticing thought. The air of mystery has a unique sex appeal.

After diving in, I was immediately drawn to the story. The opening sequence is thrilling and edgy. After meeting the main character, I couldn't help but fall for the male lead, Logan. He was kinda perfect
Corinne Michaels
This is Claire Contreras at her best! I've always loved her romantic suspense and this book is every reason why.
It's got it all and I'm in awe.
Antonella
Somewhere between three and four stars...
3,5

pro

- writing
- the pace of the story
- kept my interest
- fast read
- want to read next book

con

- at times dialogue between hero & heroine felt weird mainly bc heroine..in her inner monologue she was one person and then when talking to hero this other person, who uses besides way too many times
- predictability
- ending; the book was solid read until the end when everything just kind of fell flat

readingsnfeelings

From the prologue till the epilogue, I was sucked into the sinister and mysterious fictional world that Claire meticulously sculptured. Half Truths was unputdownable, I was constantly on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen next, who are hiding the vital truths, what is the truth, etc. Till the very end, I kept asking myself questions, and couldn’t find the willpower to put the book down for even 5 minutes until I uncovered the answers.

Amelia "Mae" Bastón is recently transferred to a
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
WOW this was such a trip!! Suspenseful and kept me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait for more!!
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
PHENOMENAL STORY!

Do you know when you're 100% sure you have just read one of the best books in the world? When after finishing said story you are completely speechless, and you only have one word in your head: WOW. That's what Claire Contreras did to me. Half-Truths made me so impressed that I can't use the right words to express my admiration. No matter how you describe your fascination and total enchantment, it won’t express the magic of what the author has given us.

This amazing story makes
Betül
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

The second I started this book I was completely hooked to the story. It had a very secretive, eerie, mysterious, and dark atmosphere. I was kind of hypnotized and I fully immersed myself into the story. I was intrigued and super curious about these secret societies and the black cloaked people walking around campus. The main character Amelia “Mae” Bastón has transferred to this new university, in her senior year, in search for answers about what
Ezinwanyi
This has been my biggest disappointment thus far. I was expecting so much more with the secret society angle as it was built up so much. But the story was simply at about something so simple and mundane. I was going to rate the book two-stars but i really liked Logan and Mae together. I enjoyed the pace of their journey so that is really why I continued reading. Other than the love story, The pace of the mystery and plot unraveled so slow that I considered quitting the book. Now that I finished ...more
chai (likechaitea)
Reading the summary sounded so good but this was just not it.

I was expecting a good suspense romance because when you read the summary of the book, you'd think it would be dark. That the main character/heroine is some badass or headstrong girl who's out there to seek justice. That this could also be a thrilling story despite that it's romance. That there would be surprising twists and turns, and even shocking revelations. Well, not really.

These happened:

• I hardly felt the suspense.
• The
Berry ♡ Nice
I will start off by saying I've read every single one of Claire Contreras books. AND I LOVE THIS AUTHOR.

This one was a 3.5 stars for me. I can tell it's a "It's Me Not You" thing.
I think sometimes it's just a mood thing but I was really excitedfor this one.
TBH I'm sad that I didn't absolutely love it like most everyone else.

This story has a great flow. The mystery is constant, intriguing and I couldn't stop turning pages.
Logan is the perfect bad-boy-mysterious-hero I LOVE HIM!!!
Amelia is
Talon
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"How could you be a footnote when you're the whole damn textbook?"

First of all, I haven't read a book by Claire Contreras in years. YEARS. Probably since the Hearts series was being written and released. I guess I have been taking a huge sleep on her. Not intentionally, of course. But when I seen the cover for Half Truths, I knew it was time to awaken myself from the long nap. And boy have I awaken just in time to read one of the most funnest experiences of my life. Like, when a toddler or a
Serena's Must Have Book Boyfriends
LOVED THIS STORY! I can NEVER get enough of Claire's words. I couldn't stop once I started!

This has to be one of my new fave romantic suspenses! LOGAN is such a broody, sexy, alpha prick, but let me tell you, I LOVED HIM. HARD. He stole my heart, my body, my everyfuckingthing! And Ameliaaaaa! I want to hang with her, she's totally my kind of heroine!

There were so many moments I wanted to throw my kindle and a moment in the book, I thought my heart was going to beat out of my freaking chest! I
Melissa
I was absolutely blown away with Half Truths. It captured my attention and truly made for a unforgettable, unputdownable read. Half Truths is a top favorite of mine this year and I really hope we get more books set in this world!

After transferring senior year of college, Amelia “Mae” Bastón embarks on a path to uncover the mysterious disappearance of a fellow student and to really know what happened with her brother to whom she is extremely close with. While doing so she meets semi broody
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Black Cloaks" Stars
I absolutely loved Half Truths! My copy was waiting in my kindle for a few weeks and I was so eager to finally start it with all the great things I’d heard about this story! It certainly lived up to the hype! I was hooked from the start by this mysterious world of secret societies! Claire Contreras created a great balance between romance and suspense that had me completely ensnared!

Logan Fitzgerald is the big man on campus as the star hockey player of Ellis University!
Jewel Ann
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant romantic-suspense and my new favorite from this phenomenal author!

• Enemies
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Credence
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Release
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Inappropriate
  • Dear Ava
Claire Contreras is a New York Times Best Selling Author who traded her psychology degree to write fiction. Don’t worry, she still uses her knowledge on every single one of her characters.

She’s a breast cancer survivor (x2), who was born in the Dominican Republic, raised in Florida, and currently resides in Charlotte, NC with her husband, two adorable boys, and French bulldog.

Her books range

Secret Society (2 books)
  • Twisted Circles (Secret Society, #2)