Start by marking “Flame (Web of Desire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flame (Web of Desire, #2)

Flame

(Web of Desire #2)

“What matters most is how you walk through the fire.” ~ Charles Bukowski

No longer simmering and crackling beyond our realm, the fire smoldering in the distance roars to life. The blaze has the capacity to scorch and destroy everything and everyone in its path.

All that I’ve known and believed was obliterated the moment Madeline spoke a truth I’d never suspected. With one
ebook, 1st edition
Published February 25th 2020 by Romig Works LLC

Start your review of Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
Andrea
Aleatha did it again with this book. Patrick's story is quickly becoming my favorite story from this cast of characters. This book completely captured my attention and I couldn't put this book down today.

The story is picked up right where it was left off in book #1. It completely delivered on what I was expecting. The readers received some answers from book #1 but we have some new ones to be answered in book #3. The world that Aleatha has created is amazing. The web that she weaved had to be so
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Title: ➳ ❤-Flame
Series ➳ Web of Desire 2#
Author: ➳ Aleatha Romig
Publication:, February 25th 2020

💖💖💖💖💖

ღ This amazing read, picks up right where Spark’s left us with that crazy good cliffhanger… Yeah I cant believe I just said that , I enjoyed having been left with major cliffhanger

Madeline is gambling once again with life, will Madeline find the winning hand in the end? Or will her hand turn to Ashes? Will the secrets that are revealed destroy them all?

If the 1st book left you longing for more
Chris
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flame is an apt title for Book 2 in Aleatha Romig's Web of Desire Trilogy. This book is on fire from the first page to the last! It's filled with tension, twists, turns and edge-of-your-seat-non-stop-action that will leave your mind reeling. As with all of Ms. Romig's books, reading was effortless with a story that seamlessly took the reader from the present to the past and back to the present without skipping a beat. The characters come alive as you read, pulling you into the story, the tension ...more
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-In the short time I'd spent back with Patrick, I'd remembered what it was like to be loved for simply being me. He'd tended the spark that had nearly extinguished and brought to life a flame.

photo A8A93941-B461-4DE5-A13D-5BC819756BD5_zpsemdwuynq.jpg

Patrick Kelly lives in Chicago and is a powerful man at the top of the Sparrow outfit. He lives a life full of danger where trust and loyalty are a must. His job consumed him until a woman from his past turned up out of the blue. Madeline disappeared seventeen years ago
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Shocking” Stars

The continuation of Patrick and Madeline‘s story was a wild and emotional ride. Aleatha Romig not only Aleatha’d me but she took me to places I was not prepared for and she thoroughly messed with my psyche. But......I Loved Every Minute of the Ride!!!

With the cliffhanger in book one, I wasn’t sure what tone the story would take in book 2. Needless to say it was a roller coaster ride of emotions. Shock, Confusion, Disbelief and Anger all front and center but there was also an un
Christine B
OMG Aleatha Romig has done it again, this story was amazing!!!! Patrick Kelly & Madeline Kelly/Tate/Miller story continued right where we left off in Spark the Web of Desire series, Patrick just won the poker tournament and Andros is furious with Madeline, and thats where all the twist and turns starts. One thing is undeniable is the sparks & flames these two characters have. I also love seeing all the other characters in The Sparrow family.

So hold on to your seats for the ride Aleatha takes you
Thelma
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Explosive, anxious and intrigue these are all the feelings I was experiencing while I was reading the second part of this amazing trilogy. Flame is the second book of Web of Desire and I have to say it was intense in a very good way.. at all times I felt like something was going to happen so I was completely hooked in my chair waiting for the other shoe to fall.

Flame, the continuation of Web of Desire. Everything we wanted to know and learn about Patrick and Madeline is finally coming out in Fla
Carla Bulian
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, well written (of course), but the connection between the characters, I don’t know, seems superficial. Unfortunately.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars
Ok Aleatha Romig might have written her "darker" book so far or at least, as far as the heroine's past is concerned!
I don't want to give spoilers so I'll stay vague but let's just say that I had to skim some passages about Maddeline's past as #iamabigsoftie. Or so it seems!

Honestly Maddeline went through so much it's a miracle she is a high functioning adult.
Patrick is great but Maddeline was the star this time!

We delve into her past between present chapters and she's been betrayed by p
Mimiorphee
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, arc
I will never get enough of being Aleatha'd!!!

Flame, second installment of the Web of Desire serie started right after the cliffhanger of he first opus. From the first to the last pages, I found myself enthralled by Madeline and Patrick's story. If the first book left me longing for more, Flame definitely answered some questions...and brought out more interrogations....

Back and forth from present to past, the intrigue made me feel for Madeline. Her story squeezed my heart, her strength warmed it.
Myla
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"𝓗𝓮'𝓭 𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓵𝔂 𝓮𝔁𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮."

Flame is just amazing! Words can't express how much I'm loving this series. It was gripping and had me on edge. A page-turning, nail-biting suspense that left me hanging after every chapter read.

I enjoyed the writing style with flashbacks and characters telling us what happened to them in a particular phase in their life. And what happened to Madeline was heart-wrenching. I just can't believe what she's gone thr
Nadine Bookaholic
The WEB OF DESIRE Trilogy is Patrick Kelly and Madeline's story, book one left us with a major cliffhanger and this book picks up right where that one left off. There is a reason the series title is called WEB OF DESIRE and it's not only because of the chemistry that Patrick and Madeline have it's because of all of the twists and turns the story takes which is making quite the web, like a spiders web if you will. But at the end who will be caught in it, who will make it out and who will be eaten ...more
Dora Koutsoukou
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ❤️💔🖤❤️⚡️⚡️🔥💥⚡️⚡️🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️

After the grandiose reveal at the end of the first part, the plot in the second evolved with a flaming buildup.

There were more pieces of the puzzle, plenty of twists and emotional moments.
Even though some answers were given, more questions emerged.

The revelation in the end had my head spinning!!!
Renita McKinney
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again I have been Aleatha’d! Once again I am speechless. Once again I am lost and caught up in the words Aleatha pens. I can’t read her words fast enough, I have a hard time waiting on the subsequent books.

One of the things that Aleatha always accomplishes is giving me the unexpected. Leaving me with my mouth hanging open. Well, trust me the tradition continues in Flame.

Patrick, oh Patrick! Surprised! Shocked! Those are the words that describe what he feels at the beginning of this book. P
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

"I crossed my arms over my chest as I contemplated my future. It didn't take a genius to understand that these men wanted a guarantee that I couldn't contact Andros. If they only knew the depth of my hatred for the man, they wouldn't be concerned."

Oh. My. GOSH!!!

The story unfolds further as we dig deeper into the dark world of mob bosses and territory battles...good versus evil...love and hatred...secrets. So many secrets.

I couldn't tear my eyes from the pages, reading well in
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

OMG, I legit jumped out of bed after getting to the last page of this section in Patrick and Madeline's story. Aleatha has done it again; she is weaving a story that keeps you wanting more and more. I do advise that you read the other Web Series trilogies before jumping into this one to gain the background and dynamics of the Sparrow team. Patrick is one of the top members of an organization that is running Chicago. This part of Patrick's story gives us even more twists an
Amanda Shepard
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my word Aleatha!!! What are you doing to me!? The second installment of the Web of Desire series is beyond what I could have hoped for. Patrick's story is utter brilliance. You think you've got the puzzle figured out and BAM she throws in a twist that will have your head spinning. I need more. Five perfect, bright stars!
Ilona
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving.
The flame is getting hotter--
I can't get enough of this series-it makes my heart beat faster.

Sparks fly and Flames are blazing in Aleatha Romig newest book, Flame in the Web of Desire Series. Tension and tempers are flaring bring raw emotions to each of these characters. Flame takes ahold of your heart and leaves you breathless. One of Aleatha's best. Be prepared for the rollercoaster which will keep you turning the pages and locked in place until the very end.
Grace
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going into book two of this trilogy, I had a lot of questions.
What caused Madeline and Patrick's separation years prior?
How did he not know about her condition at the time of that split?
Will the secrets between them destroy what they have rekindled, or will it bring them closer together?

To get those answers, the author did what she does best, feeding the characters and her readers small truths bit by bit. With time, the puzzle about the past slowly comes together.

While book one focused on the po
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Flaming Stars ~

SPEECHLESS!!! I am absolutely speechless after reading Flame by Aleatha Romig.

I never could’ve have guessed the way this story was going to play out. This book was dark, raw, gritty and at times tough to read, all without being overly graphic. I will warn readers that some of the material in this story could cause some triggers or be hard for readers to read.

Flame is the second book in the Web of Desire trilogy by Aleatha. This book
Karen
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Questions answered. Dots joined.

Now more questions.

Brain exploded into pieces on the back of the number 72 bus!

Unless you are binge reading (we all love a binge read) make sure you know who the movers and shakers are #justsaying

Patrick Kelly, lover of apples. Homeless boy. Fell in love with his Maddie girl. Married her. Lost her. Ex Marine. Sparrow BFF.

Madeline Tate, bearer of an apple tattoo. Homeless girl. Fell in love with Patrick. Married him. Disappeared. Poker player.

Marion Elliott - h
Kathy Coopmans
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aleatha has set the bar you guys. As in, by the time I hit the last words, my mind couldn’t hang on.
She’s gifted us with a story that started with a spark and up it went up in flames.
If you haven’t started this trilogy, you are missing out on one dark and delicious story.
Patrick is everything and I mean that in so many ways.
Kathy Coopmans
USA Today Bestselling Author.
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
SPARK (WEB OF DESIRE, #1)

Get Aleatha’d. RIGHT. NOW.
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

This story doesn't have palms, but it has a whole lot of fire.
description

“Flames so hot that they turn blue
Palms reflecting in your eyes, like an endless summer
That's the way I feel for you
If time stood still, I'd take this moment, make it last forever
Your halo's full of fire
I'm rising up, rising up
My hot love's full of fire.”

Freak – Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I'm trying
Badass Bloggettes
ASTOUNDING!!!!! Another amazing series by Aleatha Romig

Words can’t describe how much I am in love with Patrick and this series.

When Spark ended like many people I sat there with my jaw hanging down, hitting the floor. One thing Aleatha does so well though is to keep you in suspense and in this series there is an abundance of moments that will catch you by surprise and just knock your world off its axes.

Flame has everything you would want for a book. The story is gritty and raw at places, h
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️
Flame was a suspenseful and intensely emotional second installment to the Web of Desire Trilogy. Aleatha Romig gives her readers an explosive story with two fantastic main characters that will leave them breathless and begging for more.

I felt such a myriad of emotions while reading; from rage to sadness to hope, and back to rage again. Romig writes with such an intensity that I couldn’t help but get pulled into the characters’ world and really feel what they were experiencing. Reading about Mad
R Rais
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally Flame is here!
The second instalment of the trilogy, Flame start with a bang continues from the suprise ending of book one.

The intensity of every page is astonishing. Aleatha prove again and again of her amazing, intense writing skill that just keep me captured from the first page.

From the first book, Maddie and Patrick's story feels different from the other couple of Aleatha's characters for me. Specially for Maddie, in Flame my heart goes for her. She endure so much a child, a mother,
Sarah  - Kindle and Koffee Book Blog
Holy mother of Mary!! Just when I thought book one left me high and dry in the cliffhanger stakes along comes book two and knocks me clean off my perch!! This book gave me whiplash!!

I shouldn’t really expect anything different from this author... you know the minute you have the first page laid out in front of you you are in for a stormy ride and this book is no exception. The harrowing story of Maddie and the secrets and lies she’s not even privy to come together in this cleverly written plot.
Jennie Wurtz
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Aleatha leaves us dangling on that cliff’s edge! WOW! What an ending! And what a journey to get there! The Web of Desire series is incredible and I can’t say much more because I do not want to give away anything! I will just say that while you can read this series without having read those that came before it, to me knowing all the characters and their backgrounds has made Patrick’s story that much better! I highly recommend starting from the beginning and working your way here! Beli ...more
Avid Reader
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flame (Web of Desire #2) by Aleatha Romig
5 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: Murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is the second installment in this series and it doesn't disappoint. You'll be on edge the whole time.

Patrick isn't quite sure who to believe. He hates her and yet, he still loves her too. He wants to believe her, but he also has to be loyal to his family.

Madeline wants to trust Patrick and his men, but with things so up in the air, she just kind of has to go
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

Oh for the love of twisted madness!

Flame is the follow-up to Spark and after a heck of a cliffhanger we pick up right where we left off. Madeline's secrets get revealed and we dive into what happened all those years ago. It was quite a story. Maddie's tale is dark and not quite what I expected. Now she has one goal and she will do whatever is necessary to make sure that her goal is accomplished. Deal with the devil? She will.

Patrick is in a tough position. He has a family to look after, one that
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge #2)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Maysen Jar Box Set
  • Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • A Cowboy In Essex
  • Fifth a Fury (Goddess Isles, #5)
  • Fourth a Lie (Goddess Isles, #4)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • A Fairbanks Affair (Odds-Are-Good, #3)
  • Declan (Undercover Billionaire Book 4)
  • The Younger Man
  • Brooklyn & Beale
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana, USA. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist ...more

Web of Desire (3 books)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Ashes (Web of Desire, #3)

News & Interviews