Start by marking “Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)” as Want to Read:
Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)

Hat Trick

(Fake Boyfriend #5)

Soren:

You know what’s not fun? Going on a Fiji vacation with four other couples. Especially when recently single.
What’s even worse is when a past hook-up arrives unannounced.
Not only do we have a history, but he’s ten years younger and a famous rock star. Most importantly, he’s my friend’s little brother.
Being trapped on an island with Jet Jackson is going to be sweet
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hat Trick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hat Trick

Start your review of Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
☆ Todd
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow, wow, WOW! This story fully earned its place alongside the rest of the books in this amazing series.

And everything that happened during the group's vacation in Fiji, taking Jet and Soren from a place of awkward interactions and hurt feelings to so much more? Gah!
It gave us our defining moment. It was the first time I’d heard Jet’s song the way it was supposed to be heard, the first time I saw how much we had truly affected each other’s lives, and the whole place means so much to me a
Wendy

After reading every single book in this series, I had a feeling that Jet and Soren's book was gonna be my favorite. I have been looking forward to Jet's story ever since he was introduced and I can gladly say that I was right... It was awesome !!!

It became clear pretty fast that Jet and Soren have been keeping some pretty naughty secrets from everyone else. Flashbacks of a sexy rendezvous show us how well Jet and Soren really know each other !!

So when these two meet up again on a Fiji getaway

Shile
Audio book - 4 stars

Story - 3.5 stars

I have been waiting for Jet's story ever since he was introduced in this series. I enjoyed his story, though i wanted to love it. I am a little bummed his awesomeness was Kinda tamed down here.

This could have been filled with a lot of drama, but the author decided not to go there and i appreciated that. I got no ranting energy.

Jet and Soren fit together, they do deserve each other. The chemistry was there and i was bummed a little because Jet spent almost h
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

I wanna say it was like at first chapter with these men but honestly, it took me a bit to connect with these characters. I was maybe a quarter or more in when I was starting to really get into their story. I liked that we were given their past because it really made you root for their now and future. I even liked the fact that Jet wasn't completely over his recent break up just because Soren was now back in the picture and single as well. They were both honest about still being in their
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
US: https://amzn.to/2Q3mEcH
UK: https://amzn.to/32oXtU6

Hat Trick is book 5 of Eden Finley's Fake Boyfriend series. This story changes the game and there is no fake boyfriend trope actually going on. Instead we have a bit of the forbidden romance happening since Jet is the younger brother of Soren's friend, Matt, whose story we got in book 2, Trick Play.

Ever since reading Matt's book I've been super excited to get Jet's story. He was such a fun and crazy character that I knew his own boo
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This could've been soooo drama filled. So thank you Eden Finley for not going there.

I've wanted Jet's book from the get-go. And it definitely didn't disappoint.

Sad to see this series come to an end but what a great way to go out (extended epilogue/book 6 aside).

Can't wait to see what EF does next.
chan ☆
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, lgbtq, sports
not what i expected

there's a lot of things working against this book, not all of which are the book's fault. i started reading this book and then set it aside midway thru to read Junkie by Cambria Hebert. which was my favorite MM romance of the year and probably one of my favorite MM romances of all time. so circumstances were kind of working against Hat Trick. but... i probably wouldn't have set down Hat Trick in the first place had it been attention grabbing.

i think it's always tough to write
Emalie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Update: I'm sad to see this series end and I really enjoyed this book, not as much as the previous ones but it was still absolutely a 4 star book :)

I'm giving this 5 stars because someone gave it 2 stars even though I'm quite sure the book hasn't even been written by Eden yet, so I don't really get the rating? Why do people do this?

I'm sure once I've actually read it someday at the end of 2019 it will still be a 5 star book, so...
Snjez
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Renée
4.5 stars!
Dia
This is book #5 in the Fake boyfriend series by Eden Finley.

I really enjoyed the writing style and fell in love with all the characters in this series. It was a real pleasure to revisit all the couples. They are different but special in their own way.

I was looking forward to this one, because I was super curious about Jet and Soren. I have to admit I didn't really feel the 10 years age gap between them.

Jet is the lead singer of a band. He's always on the road, opening the concerts for a bigger
Eugenia

UST
Fun on jet skis

Then it draaaaaaaaged
On tour

Towards the end it picked up
With lurve
With jealousies
With how the ef do we make this work
With surprises
And a song

I love this “gay brigade” and am sad to see them go.

Not a standalone by any means!

My rec? Not my favorite of the series, but definitely fun!
Ky
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

I'm kind of sad that this was the last book in the "Fake Boyfriend" series so I tried to read slowly and make it last longer. I wasn't very effective though. I basically inhaled this story!

Jet is the younger brother of Matt, one of the MCs from Trick Play, he's a singer and his band is one step away from hitting stardom.

Soren is the hockey player that came out in Deke and a close friend of Matt's.

Those two have a common social circle but they also have a secret from three years ago so
.Lili.

What a fantastic end to an outstanding series! In Hat Trick, we finally got Soren's and Jet's story. Their story is deliciously angsty, swoony, and sexy.

What I loved:

-Soren. He's 33, nearing the end of his hockey career, and coming off a breakup from his long term boyfriend. I loved Soren, his loyalty, and his selflessness. He seriously made me swoon.

-Jet. He's a 23-year-old up and coming musician. Jet wears his heart on his sleeve.

-I loved how Eden Finley covered their entire history. We got
Ele
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 stars*

My fav in the series. I especially loved the way the ex was handled.
Ariana
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq, age-gap
Unfortunately, this didn’t really resonate with me.
I really enjoyed all the other books in this series, but Jet and Soren left me a bit … cold.

Jet was such a sassy and interesting character in the earlier books, but despite the snark we get from him here, I just didn’t get the same vibes as before.
Soren seems to be mainly driven by lust and the fact that he came out because one of Jet’s songs is one of his main reasons why he fancies him. Which I find a teeny odd. Is that all it takes?

A lot was
Hollis
Finally had a chance to finish this one after being busy, away, busy while away, and then struggling to bounce back into routine and not slump, but all that aside, I can definitively say this didn't end up being my favourite despite the fact that I thought it would be. Maybe I expected too much? But I definitely think some of the fun was lost due to circumstances as Jet wasn't quite the OTT ridiculous ball of ADHD energy that he's been as a supporting character and, weirdly, I missed that. As fo ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok.

Shoot me now. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I’m going to try to do this as quick and painlessly as possible.

description

I didn’t like this. Like my rating says, it was ok but still, for me, a huge disappointment. I know I am going to be in the minority and most of you probably feel a little like this right now towards me…

But seriously.

description

Put your pitchforks away, you can’t love them all and the end of this series was a huge letdown for me. I was looking forward to this book, a lot. When I finished Blindsided
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Jet and Soren

This is Jet and Soren's story.

3 years after their one night stand the two reunite unexpectedly in Fiji. Turns out there was more feelings behind that one night stand which left them avoiding each other for years. Now face to face again attraction reemerges. However, both are recently mending broken hearts
Which question is what they feel a rebound or something more?

In the end they call their love epic but I'm not sure it really was. It was cute but didn't quite hit the mar
Cadiva
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional. This one might have just sneaked ahead of Miller and Talon to be my favourite in what has been a truly outstanding series from Eden Finley.

Jet and Soren were just such a compelling pair. The use of flashbacks worked brilliantly to give the reader insight into the single previous encounter they'd had before each knew who the other was and the chemistry and connection between them was palpable.

From the moment they meet again on Fiji to the absolutely brilliant Epilogue, Jet and Soren
Vanna
4 Stars!! 😍 Absolutely L❤️VED Jet and Soren's story!! 😍 Both having had their hearts broken fairly recently are just seeking some company and solace when they bump into each other in Fiji where the "gay-brigade" is vacationing. What we as readers didn't know was that they had hooked up 3 years ago and since then both had been through the wringer in both their professional and personal lives 💘💔. They initially try to keep things platonic between them to avoid complications, however their incendia ...more
Sahitya
This is more of a 4.5.

I have been waiting very eagerly to read this book for a long time now and I’ve probably spent that last week checking my kindle religiously to see if the ARC had arrived. So when I finally saw the email in my inbox, I was ecstatic and had to read it immediately. And here I am a few hours later, very happy that it was a lot of fun but also sad that this awesome series has almost come to an end.

One thing I’m always sure I’ll get in an Eden Finley book is a lot of laughs and
Christelle
Last part of this entertaining and hot mm romance series. I advise to read the previous books before to make for a greater entertainment. And all the readers who enjoyed this series won’t be disappointed.

So, JET !!! Finally, hehehe. Jet is now 23, still full of energy, has an innocent face with a big mouth. And his musical career is taking very, very well. But touring and being under the thumbs of his label is taking a huge toll. Needing a break, he flies to Fidji to spend a few days with his br
tappkalina
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt-read, 3-star
The reason I love this series is because every couple has a healthy relationship and they all are a big found family.

Also, can I just mention, I read the 5 books in 3 days? Because that sounds like some kind of record.
Leslie

Finally!!

I've been waiting years for Jet and Soren's book. Ok, ok, not even a full year because I read the rest of the series earlier in the year. But it felt like years because I wanted their story SO bad. And I knew it would end up being my favorite. Sorry Matt and Noah, you've been demoted to second place. Below is an actual photo of me as I read it.

I was thinking about the many reasons I loved this book so much. One of the biggest is that Jet popped into the series early in book two.
mwana
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, adult, contemporary
This book was sold as Soren + Jet. Not keeping up with the gay brigade. That's what CODAs are for. Also didn't Jet have two younger siblings or sth and a sister who got knocked up in BK. 2? Why aren't they mentioned? I didn't give a shit about Harley. This story could've just been Soren on holiday wherever after a one night stand with Jet where he and Bryce were "on a break" and he goes on a brief season break holiday to get his head on straight. Then Jet shows up and he struggles with lingering ...more
Bo
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm sad to say this was my least fave of the series. I just didn't feel a connection between the characters. It seemed to me like Jet was pining for his ex for half the book, and using Soren as a distraction. It just rubbed me the wrong way.
AussieMum
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I live in hope for an MMM!

Edited: September 2019.
So the blurb is up...not an MMM
*cry face*
Still have to read it though.

Actual review
So, I know I said I wanted an MMM but after reading this I know it just wouldn’t have worked with these characters. This was a fitting end to the series but I’m happy to hear there’s one final book of epilogues coming out soon to update us on all the couples.

Soren and Jet were such a good match. The flashbacks to their first night together and subsequent encounte
Claudia the Night Owl
I loved Soren and Jet! This is a great book about a sexy hockey player and a mess of a rock star with a bit of an age difference coming together and making music. The whole series is fantastic and it’s great to see the characters from the past books in this one.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

I really liked this. Equal parts sweet and hot. The potential for the drama llama to trample all over this book was fairly high, but I'm ever so thankful to Eden Finley for keeping that bitch locked up.

Both guys are dealing with some heartache and are at a crossroads in their careers, but they came out the other side filling that emptiness and loneliness they felt with unconditional support, lots of humor and snark, and whole hell of a lot of passion and love.

• Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Where Love Grows
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck #2)
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Fake Boyfriend (6 books)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend)