Start by marking “Bastard Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club #1)” as Want to Read:
Bastard Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club #1)

Bastard Bachelor Society

(The Bachelors Club #1)

What is the Bastard Bachelor Society?

It’s a gentleman’s club—like the dignified men of the past used to have.

Except, we’re not gentleman, and we’re not dignified.

We’re ineligible bachelors; bored, jaded and not looking for relationships. Quite the opposite actually…
Published January 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bastard Bachelor Society, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bastard Bachelor Society

Start your review of Bastard Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club #1)
Christy
3 stars

photo 1BD1A7AE-9AFD-4204-B7D0-E366F44E9356_zpsd0xzluyi.png

Bastard Bachelor Society is the start of Sara Ney’s fun new series. This one gave me a lot of laughs, and though it wasn’t my favorite Ney book (I completely adore her NA/sports romances) I still found it to be an enjoyable read.

Brooks Bennett created the Bastard Bachelor Society with his friends. The number one rule… stay single. That is no problem for Brooks. He’s not interested in a relationship. They have a friendly wager going on about this bet of staying single and Brooks is su
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
I already decided to friend-zone her—where does she get the audacity to friend-zone me? Doesn’t she realize the pecking order here? It starts with me. Me, at the top, hen-pecking away and deciding who gets what. I do the zoning in my relationships. Me. Not her.

If you're looking for a lighthearted, sweet, laugh till you pee, and super swoony romance, look no further! Because this book was all of those things and so much more. Sara Ney has started her brand new series with a b
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤️ 4 STARS ❤️

Such a lovely story, I laughed and swoon with this story!Sara Ney delivers a heartwarming, sweet, funny and fast paced story!You are going to fall in love with everything in this one!

description

I loved the plot, it was captivating and I have a smile on my face most of the time!Brooks and Abbott have such a great banter.I loved their chemistry and I couldn't get enough of them!I was melting and swooning, so cute!

I cannot wait for the next book in this series!The beginning is refreshing and swee
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

It’s looking like Sara Ney has the makings of another hit series. “BASTARD BACHELOR SOCIETY” was filled with non-stop laughs and was pure enjoyment to read from beginning to end. The Hero and Heroine are equally silly and simply lovable characters. Adding to the cast of characters I loved were Abbott’s fancy little kitty Desdemona, who we get a few chapters in her POV, and Abbott’s Nan, who is quite the character and a meddling matchmaker.

Br
Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ
2 stars

On paper Bastard Bachelor Society had everything I like in romcoms.
The douchebag hero ✓
Sassy heroine ✓
Neighbors to lovers trope ✓
Meddling eccentric grandmother✓
Devilish cat✓
A bet the hero can't lose✓

Too bad there just wasn't any real glue to hold the aforementioned elements together. The story felt appropriately more like a tacky mod podge of many must read romcoms out there.
Because yes, this has been done already and sadly Ney didn't come close to evoke a light hearted romantic comedy u
Syndi
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sara Ney is fast becoming my favorite author in NA romance. Her series of Jock Hard is funny and takes my by surprise how much O enjoy it.

In Bastard Bachelor Society, she done it again with such sassy witty banter that makes me laugh. It is hard to have a good laugh in the time of pandemic. The story and the character development is very good. It is just at the end, the conflic resolves too quickly without any depth.

Overall this is a wonderful funny sassy rom com.

4 stars
Flor ❁
3✨

This was okey but I can't stop thinking about why someone would put the POV of a cat and briefly “listening” the MCs having sex, I have no words .
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 28, 2020
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Neighbors to Lovers | Romantic Comedy

My first thought after finishing Bachelor Bastard Society was, I NEED MORE. Not because the book isn’t complete (it is- there is no cliffhanger) but because I am IN LOVE WITH THIS WORLD. Sara Ney has written a HILARIOUS neighbors to lovers romance with this book and I was giggling the whole way through. Not only that, I felt so connected to Brooks and Abbott (she’s a girl, don’t let the name fool you).
Sam (AMNReader)
I have two primary and conflicting feelings.

And I'm allowed. Because I am a human.

First, this was an easy read. In many ways, it was satisfying. I don't know what to say but neighbors-friends-to-lovers romance fits the moment. But a smoking jacket, really? Maybe that fits the moment too...

Second, and primary feeling: Sara Ney, could you not?
Could you not push these out so quickly you turn a cute and fun premise into a shitshow?
Could you not almost get there with the characterization and develop
Meredith Wilson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
Bastard Bachelor Society is the start to Sara Ney's hilarious and fun new series. And let me tell you... it started off with a bang and never let up. She never fails to entertain me with her sweet, light-hearted, quirky and laugh out loud stories. This one introduces up to Brooks and Abbott, two neighbors that I simply could not get enough of.

Brooks and his friends are at The Basement drinking one night when they decide to form their own secret society. A time for them to wear stylish velvet jac
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
3.5 Stars. While the beginning of this book didn’t quite reel me in, I was glad I stuck it out. Once we got out of the whole club creation process, which I understand was part of the series setup, and we got into Brooks and Abbott meeting, it really elevated my interest.

The exchanges between our main characters were absolutely hilarious. They were comfortable with one another in a way that usually takes time to develop, yet it still felt right for these two. It enhanced their playful sides and
AJ
3.5 light and fun stars!

I’m a big fan of Sara Ney, and this book is a fun and light-hearted start for hew new series, The Bachelor’s Club. With lots of funny moments and juvenile humour, and a fun and heartfelt friends-to-lovers romance, I really enjoyed this one!

Brooks Bennet is a successful architect basking in his mid 20s and the joy of being young, single and successful. After being badly burned by his last relationship, he is keen to bring his buddies around to his way of thinking, and so h
ABookLover73
FOUR STARS for Abbott and Brook 💙💙💙!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟

I love Sara's books because they always make me laugh trough whole story.

The same was with this book.

There were a lot of funny moments and dialogues between characters that I couldn't stay serious.

"Bastard Bachelor Society" is a romantic comedy book with friends to lovers trope.

Abbott and Brook's relationship is everything and from the beginning, I could see that Brook found the girl who will keep him on the earth.

And there is Nan.

She the coolest grandma
Just Josie
🔹ARC kindly provided from the author for an honest review🔹

I would like to request access to my own personal Nan.
Actually, she should just be like Abbott’s Nan.
Or just basically BE that Nan.
I want Abbott’s Nan.
Plain and simply.
That woman was so hilarious. 😂
A sweet, fun and caring character, and I loved the hell out of her! 👏

Ney always delivers when it comes to banter. The quirkiness and sass was delicious. The dialogue hilarious and meaningful.

We follow Abbott, a 24 year old woman, working a
Dawn
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come...I will say this. Together I loved them. Their banter and easiness with just being was refreshing and not at all contrived. Natural. I really enjoyed that. xx

3.5 Stars

Let me start by saying I adore Sara Ney and her books. She cracks me up, but this was not my favorite of hers. It felt a bit too much, the humor came off a bit pushed and overwhelming. When these two had their moments together, the banter between them, I was WAY more invested. Apart, they were not as likable. Will I
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly, ratula
GAHHH!! Everytime I read a Sara Ney story I am swept away by the simmering chemistry between her hero and heroine, the amazing banter, some seriously funny moments and alllll the swoons. I am so obsessed with her stories that I can't help but devour them in one sitting! Brooks and Abbott were no exception!! They just clicked and everything about them was perfect. Their banter, their attraction and the feels! What an Unbelievable start to a new series!

Besides the addicting banter and humor in
Jypsy
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What is the Bastard Bachelor Society?

It’s a gentleman’s club—like the dignified men of the past used to have.

Except, we’re not gentleman, and we’re not dignified.

We’re ineligible bachelors; bored, jaded and not looking for relationships. Quite the opposite actually…

We’re so committed to being single, we’ve created a high stakes bet to see who can remain single the longest. Rules are involved. Prizes.

Laugh it up, but I’m no loser.

Enemy number one to my single status? My irresistible neighbor, A
Carmen Rae
I stumbled across Sara Nay when I read the first How to Date a Douchebag novel and she became an automatic one click author for me. So when I saw this one I didn't even glance at the blurb, I just assumed it was going to be more college sports romance (which I love and Sara does to perfection). However this was not new adult. But I freaking loved it so hard. And I had so many laugh out loud moments the family are giving me side eye.

Abbott and Brooks were such a great couple. I adored the way the
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Sadly, this was not doing it for me and my love for Sara Ney. This story didn't feel like a Sara Ney novel. Abbott and Brooks never had any depth to their characters, and much of the stuff we learn about them were superficial. Some of the funny moments hit; however, most of them were a huge miss for me. I did enjoy Nan and Desi. I don't foresee myself reading about any of the other characters in the Bastard Bachelor Society.

Video review available in Week 4 Jan 19 – 25 wee
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Book one of new Bachelor series. Brooks Bennett belongs to a Bastard Bachelor Society club (with a bunch of friends) after the break-up with his girlfriend. These boys vowed to be single and must follow many rules set forth by the club regarding women. One of the rules is definitely not falling in love with his sexy neighbor Abbot. Brooks and Abbot have been neighbors for a while, but they never really run into each other. That changed after a chance meeting and before Brooks knows it, he was sp ...more
Mysza
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
**** 4,5 stars ****
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Reviewer✦
4 STARS!

6d94b2056b2053f81b002c3bed989098

An arrogant and douchey bastard + his sexy, irresistible neighbor and her opinionated cat + one meddling Nan = Bastard Bachelor Society (BSS). This book was another hilarious tale by Sara Ney that I just couldn't get enough of!!

Brooks Bennett is the founder of the BBS along with his two friends, Blaine and Philip. In said club they do "manly things", wear cool smoking jackets, fake smoke cigars, and drink scotch. These boys have a wager going. Their #1 RULE: stay single. That's just
Na
Interesting story, that's for sure. Entertaining and gripping. I couldn't put this down and I had a constant smile on my face while reading. But I couldn't connect with the characters and I had trouble feeling their chemistry and attraction. But Sara Ney's writing style kept my eyes glued to the pages and surprised me with a story I didn't expect at all.

Full Review to come soon
Raine
So cute!

I really like this story of Brooks and Abbott. Their friendship was so cute and Brooks's reaction to Abbott's cat Desdemona was super funny. And as it turns out Desdemona is not a girl cat, but a boy cat and no one knows any better.
Shelly | VixenReads
I enjoyed this book by Sara Ney. Was this my favorite book by Ney, no, but it got the job done.

I liked Abbott a lot; her down-to-earth persona despite her family having lots of money was truly endearing and refreshing. Her Nan was the best character in the entire story...love her so much!

Brooks was an ok character; not my favorite of Ney's men but I still enjoyed him. I was looking for his character to be more of a true bastard but he was more nice guy. His terror of Abbott's cat was fantastic a
Jasmina Ceha (bbj Bookmarks by Jasmina)
4,5 stars
Bastard Bachelor Society story has been my first step into the world of Sara Ney books and seriously I've had so much fun with this one. This romantic, friends to lovers, comedy is one hell of a good refreshing and captivating book full of crazy and hilarious situations and quick-witted dialogs.
Everything started with the ridiculous bet between best friends and that originated the chain of events.
Brook and Abbott totally stolen my heart. I like books where main characters from the very
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
I love this author’s gift of conversation! Abbott and Brooks had chemistry galore and that shined as they laughed and talked, and swoonily bantered. Their attraction couldn’t be missed as they sizzled their way from sarcastic friends to lovers one entertaining step at a time…

One came from money and the other but even that didn’t matter as they bet their way out of having any kind of relationship. Until the money didn’t matter anymore. And they looked at each other in decidedly unfriend-like ways
The Smutbrarians
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feels 0
Steam 4
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

A cute, sweet romantic comedy. Brooks is the typical idiot bachelor type. Down on romance since he was dumped and mad at coupledom. Abbott is the smart and sassy rich girl whose never been great a finding true love. When these two finally discover they’re neighbors, will they find someone to fight the loneliness? I laughed quite a bit during this book and found their friendship pretty enjoyable. It was a fun
Mandy
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the humor and banter in this book. Sara Ney is one of the best at writing good banter and this made me laugh out loud a few times. Unique concept with the BBS. I'm excited to see this is a series and curious about who the next book is going to be about! ...more
Dayang
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

4⭐️

Sara Ney has always been one of my go-to authors. I've read most of her books and enjoyed each and every single one of it.

This is Brooks and Abbott's story. It's a friends to lovers story... Neighbors who became unlikely friends then developed feelings along the way. Brooks started an anti-relationship commitment society with two of his best-friends.

This is definitely a romantic comedy... even the supporting cast is funny. I think it's weird that the cat would have
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)
  • Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1)
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Ryder’s Edge (Lords of the Plains #1)
  • Boss with Benefits (Blackwell After Dark, #3)
  • Truly Yours (Mason & Sophie, #2; Roommate Duet, #4)
  • Cruel Beauty
  • A Pinch of Salt (Three Sisters Catering, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Fashion Jungle
  • I Hate You
  • Falling for my Brother's Best Friend (The Baileys #4)
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Sound of Salvation (Deliverance #1)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • A Pizza My Heart (Slice, #1)
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British. ...more

The Bachelors Club (2 books)
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)