Start by marking “Hood: an Outlaws novella” as Want to Read:
Hood: an Outlaws novella

Hood: an Outlaws novella

“We are probably going to die today,” said John.
“I’m aware,” Robin replied. “But then again, we’re constantly going to die.”
“So what you’re saying is,” Alis hissed behind them, “that you’re used to being about to die.”
“More or less,” Will Scarlet replied, rare laughter in his voice. “The excitement is gone.”

Meet Robin Hood's band of outlaws. Their story starts with
Kindle Edition
Published January 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hood

Start your review of Hood: an Outlaws novella
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
*I received an advance copy from the author. This does not affect my review. This review is voluntary.*

Yes! There's very few authors that I can say I've read all, or nearly all, of their published works, yet MC Frank is one of them! While I enjoy some of her story-lines more than others, that's to be expected, but I can easily say this is one of my current favorites! I like how all of her stories are loose retellings, or loosely based on classic works, and yet when she brings her artistic
Alina
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered where the alias Robin Hood came from? M.C. Frank has the answer for you, in her ‘Hood’ novella, which belongs to The Outlaws series. The first installment - ‘Everything I Do’, breathed new life into the character of the famous thief and his merry companion, and in ‘Hood’ we get the chance to get to know them a little better.

This novella takes place a few months before the events in EID, but I think it’s better to read it after, when you’re already familiar with Frank’s
S.E. Anderson
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taking place on Christmas (perfect timing!), not too long before the events of Everything I Do, we get the inside scoop on how the little band of Outlaws made a name for themselves. And speaking of names - why is he called 'Robin Hood', by the way? This is wonderful insight for those who have already started the Outlaws series, but also makes a great invistation into the series for those who are only just now discovering it. And clocking in at 90 pages, this isn't a short novella!

Unlike in
Chelsea Girard
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing

“I don’t plan on bringing anyone else in our midst. Or trusting anyone beyond you four idiots. You are my family.”
Xx
Hood: An Outlaws novella
M.C.Frank takes a different approach to her latest Novella, Hood as Alis, Robin, Little, Tuck and John, is like watching a bounty of true outlaws make a name for themselves. I say this is a different approach by Frank as I could feel the victorian feel throughout her novel which really set my mind into the perfect era for this novella. Frank carefully leaves
Ellie
Wow-what a fantastic read!

This little novella is set shortly before the events happening in Everything I Do and is just as beautifully written.

If you loved Robin Hood's story already or after reading Everything I do, then you should definitely pick this one up too. It gives you even more insight into Robbie's head and some super interesting background information. Apart from being fun, heartwrenching, dark and intriguing.

Filled with adventure, romance, the darkness of the middle ages,
Christina  G.
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This novella was an enjoyable addition to the Outlaws series. This story takes a look at the origin of Robin Hood’s name which was interesting to read about. It also gives you some additional insights to Robin’s background and his state of mind before the first book in the series begins. I enjoyed Everything I Do so it for me any additional information about the characters was great.

The only drawback for this is that it makes me want to read more of this series and I don’t want to wait to
Emily
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hood is a fast paced novella that introduces the reader to Robin Hood and his band of merry men. It’s a quick an easy read, but very entertaining! We are dropped right into the action as Robin and his team prepare to take back money the sheriff of Nottingham has taxed the peasants to pay for his Christmas feast. Hood gives us insight into the backstories of the characters, especially Robin. It’s the prequel to the Outlaw series, and definitely makes me want to read Everything I Do (the first in ...more
Candy Smith
I truly enjoyed Everything I Do and was super excited to read Hood,as it gives more details into the characters' background. It gives more about Robin himself, what her suffered,how his band of thieves came to be and bit of his namesake. It has all the emotional feels of a novel in a shorter story version. I can't wait to see where the author takes this series! I feel in love with Robin Hood as a teenager and eminencely enjoying this retelling!
Joey Paul
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adore Frank's earlier works and I loved the first book in this series, so I had to pick this one up on pre-order and devoured it in one sitting. The memories that Robin has are so vividly painted in the words. The characters that you know and love are all there in their glory. Frank is an exceptional writer, and has a way of painting scenes and stories with a flourish of words. I very much enjoyed this book and am looking forward to more from this author. Highly recommended.
Ashley McCartney
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
As an advanced reader of this new and upcoming book I am giving my honest review.
This short story was a perfect creation of how Robin Hood bloomed into the outlaw that he was. I really enjoyed the background building and the characters. The merry men were a family and this book really portrays that. Cheers to Robin “Hood”.
Barefoot Gypsy Sister Jimerson
Robin Hood has been named

This short story was nicely done. It has happiness,love ,hate an tears. You get a better feel at what Robin Hood an his marry men are all about. A Good Read.
Melody Spencer
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks
This is a short and merry tale of Robin and his friends during the holidays doing what they do best, robbing from the rich to give back to the poor.
Alexis Johnson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here is my review for Hood: an outlaws novella.
I have read “everything I Do” the first book, then the novella for it came out after Everything I do. Anyhow, i would suggest reading Hood first, it gives a lot of hints and introductions to characters. It’s a quick read, and fun!
It was enjoyable to read, i fell in love with the characters, I cant wait to see what happens in the future!
Marlene
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick read. It's a good set-up to Everything I Do. Introduced the main characters and hints at an interesting background story and an interesting reason why Robin is an outlaw. Definitly want to read more. Wish I had been able to read it before reading Everything I Do as it leads into that story.
Note: This was an ARC copy and the opinions are my own.
Yara
Vanessa
Jan 19, 2020

• Jesse and the Ice Princess
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • The Exiled (Dominion of Ash #2)
  • The Forgotten World (The World Apart Series Book 3)
  • The Fractured Empire (The World Apart Series Book 1)
  • The Tempest Sea (The World Apart Series Book 2)
  • The Shrike & the Shadows
  • A Man Named Dave (Dave Pelzer #3)
  • The Privilege of Youth: A Teenager's Story (Dave Pelzer #2.5)
  • Crimson Eyes (Kouzlo Saga Book 1)
  • The Lost Boy (Dave Pelzer #2)
  • The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus, #2)
  • The Ring of Solomon (Bartimaeus, #0.5)
  • The Amulet of Samarkand (Bartimaeus, #1)
  • Little Bits of Sky
  • Strange Planet
  • Skein Island
  • Captive: A Poetry Collection on OCD, Psychosis, and Brain Inflammation
Welcome to the engrossing world of M.C. FRANK's books, where characters aren't going to have an easy time of it: They will find themselves in icy-cold dystopian worlds where kissing is forbidden (among other things), or in green forests ruled by evil Sheriffs. If they're in Jane Austen's England, they have to be running away from a traumatic childhood, or if they are in our contemporary world, ...more