Start by marking “Deal Breakers (Dealing with Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Deal Breakers (Dealing with Love #1)

Deal Breakers

(Dealing with Love #1)

"I'M A VIRGIN, AND YOU NEED TO RELIEVE ME OF THAT."

What respectable guy could say no to that? Yeah, she was my best friend. But she was also the hottest chick I had ever known. I thought it would be simple. I thought we'd have a good time, then pretend like it never happened.

It turns out, I was an idiot.

Now, she wants nothing to do with me, but I'm determined. I've
Paperback
Published November 2019 by LAN Fiction LLC (first published August 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Deal Breakers, please sign up.
Tammy Yes, it is a standalone. I believe it is the first of a series, but each focuses on a different couple.

Start your review of Deal Breakers (Dealing with Love #1)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Balls to the wall stars

*Spoilers*

"Okay, here's the thing. I'm a virgin. And you need to relieve me of that."

photo riley2.jpg_zpsnjdm0gst.gif

"Riley! Stop staring at my boobs!" I throw my hands up in frustration. "Tell your boobs to stop staring at my eyes!"

Deal breakers is a cute friends to lovers romance. I really liked it, but I would have liked more character & relationship development.

What this book is about

The minute Riley lays eyes on Devyn he wants her, but when Riley asked her out Devyn made it clear that
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Okay, here’s the thing. I’m a virgin. And you need to relieve me of that.” Riley sprays beer from his mouth all over the table. “The fuck you say?”

WARNING: THIS REVIEW IS GOING TO CONTAIN AN INORDINATE NUMBER OF GIFS – EVEN FOR ME. AND ALSO SPOILERS (IF A ROMANCE NOVEL CAN EVEN BE “SPOILED” SINCE THEY ALL USE THE SAME TIRED TROPES).

Riley and Devin meet on their second week at Nike U . . .

Chicago commercial photographers
(GO DUCKS!)

Riley is the resident
Jen
3.5 Balls to the Wall Stars

This book covers a whole lot of popular romance tropes. It's a friends to lovers book. It's a second chance and secret baby romance. It's also cute, funny and at times too sweet for words. I have an affinity for foul mouthed (fictional) children that haven't fully mastered potty training yet so Nathan was an added bonus.

My only issue is the angst level. I could've used more of it. That's right, more angst. I felt the situations Devyn and then Riley found themselves in
Cee (The Mistress Case)
Needless to say, this storyline is recurring in many New Adult books. The characters are recycled and there are too many tropes. School Player aka Manwhore aka Friendzoned Hot Friend + Untouchable Girl Who Doesn't Want To Get Into a Relationship aka "The Cool Girl" aka Most Likely Virgin of the Year. Best Friends Become Something More + A Split Up + Fast Forward into the Future. Parents' Tragic Deaths (because the Lord forbids that all parents remain alive *rolls eyes*) + Secrets (someone is a ...more
Nicay Magnate

Review originally posted at Wordpress

Thank you Netgalley for providing an Arc in exchange for an honest review.

It was hard for me to rate it 3 stars only. I think it’s-me-not-the-book problem that’s why I ended up not liking this. Well, I still have some facts why I rated it 3 stars.

1. The Characters–Rye and Devyn met when they were in their University, as usual Rye begin to have an interest to Devyn. It ended up for them to become “best friends”. Best friend scenario in this story didn't
Jen D
When I first became interested in reading again, a few years ago, it was uncommon for me to put a book down that I had started. Even if it sucked. Even if it put me to sleep night after night, I would push through until I reached the conclusion.

I have no patience for that anymore, however. If a book doesn't grab my attention within the first 10 pages and hold it throughout, I have no qualms about adding it to the pile of DNFs and trying out something new. Sometimes I get in these moods where
Michelle
When Riley saw Devyn, he knew he wanted her. But after being shot down and put into the friend zone, they spend their college years as best friends who seriously have no idea how in love with each other they really are. But there is just one little problem that Dev really needs Riley’s help with before they venture into the real world on opposite coasts. Her virginity needs to get gone!

One night two friends make a deal, one major revelation is had and one messes up big time. But that one night
Jenni Buchert
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderfully written book! I have read many of Laura Lee's books and this one is just as awesome! The characters are amazing. Laughter and tears, passion and love, this book has it all. I love when a book is written so good, that you feel the love between two people. You actually believe that you are with them or at least want to be them. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!
Emily Goodman
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review....

Wow! Three hours ago I sat down on the edge of my daughter's bed and opened Deal Breakers thinking I might read a chapter or two while wrestling my kiddo to sleep. Yet here I am, child long since passed out closing the kindle app after completely devouring every wonderful morsel of this book and it's 12 a.m.

Deal Breakers is a friends to lovers story about college friends Devyn and Riley and their one night stand of epic proportions.
Karen
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this book! It was a quick read and just what I was in the mood for.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for the best friends to lovers stories and this one did not disappoint! I loved Riley (the hero) and Devyn (the heroine) in this story. The secondary characters were pretty great too (especially Nathan and Drew).

The storyline itself was predictable, but in a comforting sort of way. Sort of like watching those lifetime movies - you know whats going to happen, but you still watch it! I
Maye
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I read this cutesy romance in one sitting because I just couldn't put it down. The story flows so well and the characters are very likable. I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Such a delightful read! Sure, there are tons of 'meeh' moments, but the cuteness and adorableness overshadows it! I hope there'll be books for Brody and Rainey, and Drew!

I know it has a giant neon sign with the word
Melissa Parnell
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really interested in reading this story because it is different from anything I have read of Laura Lee's and her work is always amazing. I was so excited when I won an ARC I had the opportunity to do so.

This book is the most fun read I have experienced all year. I love friends to lovers stories and this one is so well-written. I absolutely adore the characters in this book. I don't know how Devyn ever resists Riley at all. He is definitely the book boyfriend material you swoon over.
Heather andrews
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Riley is learning a whole lot about his four year old son, it's all new to him, "my jaw drops. “How do I not know this? I’m a guy! I don’t remember being obsessed with my junk until I was at least thirteen.” Riley he likes to make sure his girl knows he appreciates her assets, "I follow her gaze. “Boobs are boobs, Devyn. Big or small, I love them all.” She looks up and catches me staring at her chest." Their son Nathan was such a joy he made me laugh so hard, “Unca’ Drew bought me some big boy
Isabel *IsaBooks*
3,5 Stars

Sweet romance, funny, with a lot of heartbreak and lovely characters.

Although it was a good read, it didn't completely filled my measures. It was fast paced and it missed what I like to call 'The Sparkle'.

This is one of those books that I have a hard time reviewing because it took me a while to warm up to it. But it still goes home with a rounded up four star, because I love a good laugh, and this book had plenty of it.

*ARC received via NetGalley*
Nikki Manzella
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very real portrayal of love. I was a little wary when I heard it was based on a deal for Devyn to lose her v-card to her best friend, but it was sweetly and beautifully written. The characters hook you in from the very beginning. And the struggles they face are 'real world' struggles which make it extremely easy to relate to them.
Thank you Laura Lee for another book that I did not want to put down. I cannot wait for the next one!
Miranda
I received a copy via net galley.

I was so excited to find out I'd be receiving a copy of this! It sounded too cute, and then when I started reading it I found out it wasn't just going to be this cute story. It had real life problems that people go through and all the drama a good romance should have. It was a bit overly fast paced but I liked the idea as a whole so I'd definitely recommend it. It was quirky,steamy,hilarious and an all around happily ever after.
Brandy Osina
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story. The characters are engaging and you can't help but get sucked into the story. It will make you laugh, sigh and wish that it wouldn't end. I can't wait to get my hands on more!
Melyssa Winchester

Rating:
Release Date: September 1, 2015

Review

description

Holy book devour, Batman!

I’m pretty new to the NetGalley experience, so lately, when I’ve been on there, I start randomly searching through genres and then publishers and in one of my jaunts through the site, I came across this story and had it immediately sent to my kindle. The idea, what takes place in the synopsis pulling me in
Shealea
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Before anything else, I received a free digital copy of this book (via Netgalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Laura Lee and LAN Fiction LLC, IBPA!

I am not going to lie. I did not set high expectations for this book as its premise is, to put it frankly, a recurring cliché. Boy meets Girl. Boy and Girl become best friends. Boy and Girl hook up once. Awkwardness. Boy avoids Girl. Girl ends up pregnant. Boy does not know. And you know the rest of the drill.

This novel is told in two
Katie Battaglia
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley for the free copy in exchange for an honest review!

Deal Breakers is a wonderful story that follows Devyn and Riley’s time together. It all started their freshman year of college, when Riley first lays eyes on Devyn and knew he had to have her. Although Devyn isn’t looking for a relationship, they become best friends over their four years of college. As their senior year is coming to an end, Devyn asks something of Riley that changes everything and causes them to later lose
Kina
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved deal breakers.
Devyn is just starting college after leaving her town and memories behind her. Then she meets Riley and life will never be the same he's smart, funny and they have everything in common not to mention good looking but all she needs now is a friend. He turns out to be the best friend she needs to get through four years of school, and throughout that time never crossing the friend line but one amazing night together before they both start their new lives changes
Jessica
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC of this from the author in exchange for an honest review! This is the first book by Laura Lee I have read and I look forward to reading so many more.

I loved this book. The story flows very well. You are hooked from the beginning. I read this book in one sitting, I couldn't put it down. I love the characters...Riley is perfect book boyfriend material!!!!!!

This is the story of Riley and Deyvn!

Riley wants Deyvn from the moment he sees her but she friend zones him immediately.
Vega_girl
3.5 Stars

I absolutely love potty mouth characters!!! I have no idea why, but they are always a favorite of mine! Pretty much everyone in this book has a potty mouth. I loved that Devyn, even though she has a tragic past, never let anything get her down. She knew who she was and I loved the tomboy in her!! I also liked that despite being incredibly attracted to Devyn, Riley never made advances when he knew he couldn't be what she needed.
There were times when the story felt rushed and then
Teresa Harris
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the Laura's Fae series so was knowing full well her wonderful comedic talents. But she floored me with this new book. I am drawn to anyone who can make me laugh and Laura Lee made me laugh out loud when reading this wonderful story on more than one occasion! You have romance (lots and lots of "ROMANCE")but, you also have characters that you become so invested in that you forget your regular life. I read this book in one sitting, couldn't put it down. I can't wait to devour any and all ...more
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
I'm such a huge sucker for "friends to lovers" type of stories, and this one didn't disappoint. Riley was the typical womanizing college student but he was so incredibly sweet with Devyn. I loved their friendship and how close they were. The chemistry between the two of them was off the charts too. The way he planned out that whole day to make sure everything was special for Devyn was so sweet. There were definitely times in the story when I wanted to shake or smack one of them upside the head ...more
Emma
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is what I would call a filler book. Slotted perfectly in between reads for me, it was short and sweet. It was pretty fast-paced but considering it spanned over quite a few years, I guess it would have been hard to fill the book with too much details. I felt like the characters definitely could have had a bit more depth. Other than that, the book was incredibly sweet and I'll definitely look out for this author in the future!

ARC provided by NetGalley
Australia
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of Laura Lee since reading her Pixie Dust Collection, and this has to be one her of greatest books yet.
Not only a page turner but characters that we can all relate too. Such an amazing storyline with funny and also embarrassing moments. Be prepared to be amazed.
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
A perfect night turns into an imperfect truth, which makes the boy nervous and the girl fearful and thus starts the story.
Riley McIntyre meets Devyn Summers's boobs and he is mesmerized!!
“Riley! Stop staring at my boobs!”
“Tell your boobs to stop staring at my eyes!”

Devyn shifts him firmly into the dreaded "Friend-Zone" which gives them lots of time to spend with each other, knowing and growing together. Then come the ultimate favour that Devyn asks of Riley .
“OKAY, here's the thing. I'm a
A Klue
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Deal Breakers by Laura Lee broke several of my “not to include in a romance ever” list:

#1. A hero who is not likeable through most of the story. 1a.) He parades his revolving door of girls he uses, without remorse, right under the nose of the heroine, who he supposedly wants to be with/cares about. 2a.) After their first time together, she tells him she loves him. He then immediately treats her like she has just become infected with the black plague. Apparently, he thinks you can catch it over
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange of an honest review ***

4 Stars!

This was a really cute, easy read! I was able to finish it in about a day and a half. I really liked Riley. He was cute and had a great personality. I loved how sweet he was with Devyn. I loved the part where they almost kissed for the first time. I was really rooting for them! Their friendship was great as well. Right from the beginning, Devyn made it clear to Rylie that all she was looking for was a friend. Of
Goodreads Librari...: PLEASE REPLACE COVER 2 16 May 19, 2017 08:08PM
Bargain Basement: Blog Tour - Deal Breakers by Laura Lee [GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY] 1 5 Aug 31, 2015 08:07AM

• Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
  • Stupid Smart  (Jaded #3)
  • Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Falling for the Hometown Girl (Marshall Ranch, #2)
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • Fiancé for the Night (One Night to Forever #1)
  • More Than This (The O'Learys, #1)
  • His Best Mistake (The Maclean Family Legacy Book 1)
  • Once A Wife (A Mother's Heart #2)
  • The Story Of Us (Serenity House, #1)
  • Hometown Calling: Wedding Little Sister Romance (My Best Friend’s Sister Book 1)
  • His Best Friend's Sister (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #2)
  • The Secret Son (Starr Brothers of Montana, #1; Secrets of Cherry Lake, #2)
  • The Vow
  • If I Can't Have You (The Thorntons, #3)
  • How to Marry a Billionaire (Operation Billionaire, #1)
  • Rascal (Rascals #1)
  • Twice Shy (The Power of Love, #1)

Laura Lee is the USA Today bestselling author of steamy and sometimes ridiculously funny romance. She is best known for writing the Dealing With Love series and the Pixie Dust Chronicles.Laura won her first writing contest at the ripe old age of nine, earning a trip to the state capital to showcase her manuscript. Thankfully for her, those early works will never see the light of day again!

Dealing with Love (3 books)
  • Deal Takers (Dealing With Love #2)
  • Deal Makers
“Riley! Stop staring at my boobs!

Tell your boobs to stop staring at my eyes!”
0 likes
“Love deeper and laugh harder than you ever thought possible. Never settle for anything less.” 0 likes