Start by marking “The Guy in the Window” as Want to Read:
The Guy in the Window

The Guy in the Window

I was in the middle of my divorce when Adam messaged me. I believe his exact words were, “Hi. I think you’re my dad’s brother. Would you like to get to know me?”

My brother and I had never been close, so I’d only met his adopted son a few times when he was very young. Instinct told me to ignore the message, and I did. For a few days. It took an exhausting fight with my soon
Published November 5th 2019 by Self Published

Start your review of The Guy in the Window
DarienMoya
FIRST I WAS LIKE: So you really gon create the disconnect by having him not remember the nephew. I want filth 😤

BUT THEN I WAS LIKE....

AND AFTER THAT

EVEN MORE AFTER THAT

AND IN CONCLUSION
description

Overall, this was a fun and incredibly hot read. Adam is coming for you wig, crotch and your soul.
Martin
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was spectacular.

Cara Dee seems to specialize in a bit of kink in her romances and she did it amazingly well in this 'forbidden love' trope between uncle and nephew (though not biologically, so let´s put the hay forks away ;-)

Everett goes through a typical mid-life divorce. At 45 years of age and working as a successful architect, his wife presents him with divorce papers and blames him for everything that led up to their separation.

Ev is a family man. The love of his daughter Grace is most
Jan

Hot.
Funny.
Dirty.
Sexy.

I really liked this. It flowed so easy! Lots of chemistry. Charismatics characters. (I loved Adam's boldness and confidence, and also how open, honest and brave Ev was). Besides, age gap peeps!!!! Hot dammit!!! I.AM.A.SUCKER.FOR.AGE.GAP 27/45 😍😍😍

I just wish there was more. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ It felt like a teaser.😏

I do have a niggle though, the vile ex-wife. She could have been a normal person instead of a bitch.
Wendy
Really enjoyed it though I could have done with a bit more...

That is the reason I don't read so many short stories, they always leave me wanting more. I think I would have given it 5 stars had it been a full novel.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm late to the party, but three cheers for this story because:

- Pseudo nephew/uncle plus plus age gap (Everett is some two decades Adam's senior)

- Hot, gay virgin sex with elements of mild humiliation (Ev loves it when Adam makes him acknowledge his basest desires)

- Voyeuristic aspect that was sexy AF (and somehow not creepy since we're privy to a few short passages from Adam's POV)

- Great epilogue/HEA!

- Bella, Adam's daughter, was a hoot. I especially liked her dream of owning a restaurant in
Karla
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars**
Snjez
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it

The first half of the book was great. Like 5 stars great.

But then things changed in a way I wasn't too happy about. Everett and Adam being "sort of related", the age gap and GFY would have been more than enough for a story this short. Personally, I could have done without all the kinky stuff. It just took away some of the good feelings I had for the story.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the story as a whole. I loved the characters, loved the writing, loved the first half of the story and the e
Jewel
-------Orig Review Nov 2019------
Ok, now that was filthy! Oh so filthy! Humiliation kink isn't really my thing, but I could definitely appreciate it in this story. The incest kink (the 2 MCs are not blood related) was a huge turn on, however. Cara Dee has a filthy, dirty mind and I am so grateful.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Cara Dee is hit or miss for me but this one was definitely a win.

Super steamy, mild kink, age gap, a bit of daddy/boy sprinkled in.

The only minor negatives:
--the overly bitchy ex-wife
--the pet name darling (though it was more towards the daughter)
--Adam calling Everett Unc (and Uncle) after they were together
--the length. I'm greedy and wanted more.

Otherwise, loved this one and recommend.
Cadiva
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

A good solid story but, for me, just needing a tiny bit more character development for Adam specifically.

I felt I totally understood Everett but there was more of a disconnect with Adam as his backstory didn't ever get fully explored. Why he'd severed his family connection was mentioned as a reason for him reaching out to Everett but then discarded.

I also found the formatting decision to have all of Adam's POV chapters in italic a bit of a strange one, especially given how it can be diffic
Lana Reads
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kink
4,5 stars

Cara Dee did not disappoint. It was a lovely and sweet story of two men, so different yet so similar, and fitting just perfectly together. Their chemistry was oooh so good.

"...be careful with making demands around me, Ev, because I'm a control freak with a filthy imagination in bed."

I adored Adams' easiness and unapologetic attitude toward life. I loved Everett's drama-free acceptance of himself and the way he healed the relationship with his daughter. And Adam's daughter Bella? Oh, th
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
A little too saccharine for me.

Creative twist on the kink though. Points for that.

It's probably me not the book. I seem to be in a reading funk of meh times ∞ books so YMMV.
CC
4.25 Stars

After two and a half decades of marriage and at the age of forty-eight, Everett Scott is in the midst of a divorce and begins to reevaluate his choices and pursuits. Upon being contacted by his twenty-seven year old nephew, Adam, a standoffish dialogue slowly turns into a solid friendship. As Everett’s attraction to Adam deepens, it becomes clear they are both fighting feelings toward each other.

“You knew what you wanted, and you went after it.” I had so much to learn from this youn
Vanna
4.5 Stars!! L❤️VED IT!! 💕I loved it so much that I finished it in one day 😍(which I rarely do these days) and I have added a new shelf "kink"😉 (I have read many a kinky book but none have inspired me to add a shelf 😳) The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I felt cheated by the length of the story😬.. I wish it was longer 😢
Everett in his 40s is going through a kind of mid-life crisis; he is in the middle of an acrimonious divorce from his vindictive wife of nearly 25 years, his colle
Bev
The first half of this book was a total 5 star read with fabulous characters, stellar writing and a story that sucked me in. Then the kink started and I felt it was unnecessary, the story stood so well without it and detracted from the story.

4 stars, which as I already said would've been 5 without the kink overload.
Ky
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2019
This story reminded me a little bit of Noah. It wasn't a re-telling of course and there were many differences but the taboo aspect was pretty similar: the MCs were uncle and nephew but the nephew was adopted by the uncle's estranged brother and they hadn't seen each other for about twenty years.

But I think that's it as far as similarities go. I loved Noah and I'll always love that story. The Guy In the Window was also good - it's Cara Dee we're talking about after all! - but it just wasn't in th
warhawke
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Male
Rating:

After years of uneventful marriage, Everett (Ev) Scott was starting over. Wanting to reconnect, he wished to repair his relationship with his teenage daughter before it’s too late. Adam Scott was an estranged nephew who came back into his life at the perfect timing. He helped Ev made changes into his new life. But he also brought something in Ev that was least expected.

This book was not what I expected at all. It tu
JadeC
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars!
first but definitely not my last MM romance! this was beautifully written, it's just so sweet to see two souls coming together creating a beautiful love story. and oh my, the dirty talk here was HOT. the age gap between Adam and Everett was about 20 years and being the 'younger' one, Adam was a very mature character IMO.
4 stars!
Sanaa
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, m-m, 2019, age-gap
4 stars.

Interesting read. I liked it but I felt like maybe an extra 50 pages could've helped the book a lot.
Renée
Solid, and lighter on the kink than Dee has been putting out recently. I was aching for a bit more character development, especially Adam. Liked it a lot and read it in one sitting.
Ele
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 stars*

No matter how impossible or kinky or out of the norm the plot is, Cara Dee always keeps it real somehow. In the end, this is what I love the most about her work.
.Lili.
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

J, you did not steer me wrong.

Was it sweet?

Lovable characters?

Deliciously filthy?

Is it the most profound story I've ever read?

Did it diminish my enjoyment?

I enjoyed the hell out of this book. I read it in one sitting — Cara Dee's writing it just raw and real.

If the book had been longer, I'd have rated a full five stars. I just needed a little more story.

4.5 stars, highly recommend it.

Denise H.
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Older/younger, M/M, GFY, true romance !

An unusual pairing here, with Everett, 46, getting divorced and his daughter, Grace, going away to college, and Adam, 27, single father of cutie Bella, 5.
Adam sends Everett a message introducing himself as Everett’s deceased brother’s adopted son. He wants to meet, have some family ties.
So we see Everett struggle with his ex, failing at being close to his daughter, plus trying to understand his attraction to Adam. This is GFY, first times, and hot sexines
♥Sharon♥
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

Sweet ☑️
Sexy ☑️
Hot ☑️
Funny ☑️
Silver Fox ☑️

Enjoyed this one. It was a quickie though. I thought Everett ♥️ was a sweetheart and Adam ♥️ was sexy all hell. It was a bit predictable but that didn’t matter one bit.

And maybe I’m being greedy but I would have liked just a little bit more. One more chapter would have been nice! 😊

This is my first book by Cara Dee and I look forward to check out some out some of her other stuff!
Ariana
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: age-gap, ku, lgbtq, hot-hot-hot
This grabbed me immediately, and I read it in one go.
Loved it! And why?

a.) Older silver fox: Ev is 45 and just in the procedure of getting his divorce. His whole life as he knows it ends. Not that his life has been much of a life, thb because he doesn’t even realize how unhappy he’s been. His discovery of something as groundbreaking as fancying a guy hits totally out of the blue. And it’s awesome!

I could virtually see and feel him coming alive again and was blown away by his emotions as much as
Stephanie ✨
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
4✨

This was a super quick and cute read! It's a MM, age-gap, forbidden romance. The idea that they were "family" didn't bother me at all. Technically, Adam wasn't related to Everett by blood so it was easy to overlook.

Bella was possibly the cutest thing ever and she stole the show in this book. I wish for my future children to be like her.

The reason it lost a star was because whenever Adam would call Everett "Unc" I wanted to die inside a little. Something about that combination of letters bein
~BookNeeds~
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
O. M. G! One of the best books I’ve read ALL YEAR!! Adorable. I loved it. How have I never read anything by this author before??
Michael S.
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and kinky. Well, kinky by my somewhat vanilla standards, I guess. Incest play gets a nod, but it didn’t push into squick territory for me since the MCs weren’t blood relations and were family in name only. No spouse husbandry vibes here.

Does this qualify as daddy kink? I’m not really sure because I don’t purposely read it or practice it, but I was getting some age play vibes along with the mild dom/sub flavor.

Sorry, got distracted by the sex again. This is one of those books where the ques
Nazanin
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the story. But the kink wasn't for me.
Chris
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
Enjoyed this ... thought it was going down a kink line, but really this was remarkably sweet. A voyage of self discovery and second chances.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Secrets & Lies
  • End Scene
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Unscripted (Unscripted, #1)
  • Adore (On My Knees Duet #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Just a Bit Dirty (Straight Guys, #10)
  • Gilded Cages
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Omega's Power (Irresistible Omegas, #7)
  • Without You
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • King of Liars (Ace's Wild, #4)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Noah's Bane (Lormount City, #1)

I'm often stoically silent or, if the topic interests me, a chronic rambler. In other words, I can discuss writing forever and ever. Fiction, in particular. The love story—while a huge draw and constantly present—is secondary for me, because there's so much more to writing romance fiction than just making two (or more) people fall in love and have hot sex. There's a world to build, characters to