Start by marking “The Guy in the Window” as Want to Read:
The Guy in the Window

The Guy in the Window

I was in the middle of my divorce when Adam messaged me. I believe his exact words were, “Hi. I think you’re my dad’s brother. Would you like to get to know me?”

My brother and I had never been close, so I’d only met his adopted son a few times when he was very young. Instinct told me to ignore the message, and I did. For a few days. It took an exhausting fight with my
Published November 5th 2019 by Self Published

Hot.
Funny.
Dirty.
Sexy.

I really liked this. It flowed so easy! Lots of chemistry. Charismatics characters. (I loved Adam's boldness and confidence, and also how open, honest and brave Ev was). Besides, age gap peeps!!!! Hot dammit!!! I.AM.A.SUCKER.FOR.AGE.GAP 27/45

I just wish there was more. It felt like a teaser.

I do have a niggle though, the vile ex-wife. She could have been a normal person instead of a bitch.
DarienMoya
FIRST I WAS LIKE: So you really gon create the disconnect by having him not remember the nephew. I want filth

BUT THEN I WAS LIKE....

AND AFTER THAT

EVEN MORE AFTER THAT

AND IN CONCLUSION
description

Overall, this was a fun and incredibly hot read. Adam is coming for you wig, crotch and your soul.
Wendy
Really enjoyed it though I could have done with a bit more...

That is the reason I don't read so many short stories, they always leave me wanting more. I think I would have given it 5 stars had it been a full novel.
Karla
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars**
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Cara Dee is hit or miss for me but this one was definitely a win.

Super steamy, mild kink, age gap, a bit of daddy/boy sprinkled in.

The only minor negatives:
--the overly bitchy ex-wife
--the pet name darling (though it was more towards the daughter)
--Adam calling Everett Unc (and Uncle) after they were together
--the length. I'm greedy and wanted more.

Otherwise, loved this one and recommend.
Snjez
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it

The first half of the book was great. Like 5 stars great.

But then things changed in a way I wasn't too happy about. Everett and Adam being "sort of related", the age gap and GFY would have been more than enough for a story this short. Personally, I could have done without all the kinky stuff. It just took away some of the good feelings I had for the story.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the story as a whole. I loved the characters, loved the writing, loved the first half of the story and the
Cadiva
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

A good solid story but, for me, just needing a tiny bit more character development for Adam specifically.

I felt I totally understood Everett but there was more of a disconnect with Adam as his backstory didn't ever get fully explored. Why he'd severed his family connection was mentioned as a reason for him reaching out to Everett but then discarded.

I also found the formatting decision to have all of Adam's POV chapters in italic a bit of a strange one, especially given how it can be
Jewel
Ok, now that was filthy! Oh so filthy! Humiliation kink isn't really my thing, but I could definitely appreciate it in this story. The incest kink (the 2 MCs are not blood related) was a huge turn on, however. Cara Dee has a filthy, dirty mind and I am so grateful.
Vanna
4.5 Stars!! LVED IT!! I loved it so much that I finished it in one day (which I rarely do these days) and I have added a new shelf "kink" (I have read many a kinky book but none have inspired me to add a shelf ) The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I felt cheated by the length of the story.. I wish it was longer
Everett in his 40s is going through a kind of mid-life crisis; he is in the middle of an acrimonious divorce from his vindictive wife of nearly 25 years, his college-aged
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
A little too saccharine for me.

Creative twist on the kink though. Points for that.

It's probably me not the book. I seem to be in a reading funk of meh times books so YMMV.
Renée
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars. Still solid, and lighter on the kink than Dee has been putting out recently. I was aching for a bit more character development, especially Adam. Liked it a lot and read it in one sitting.
CC
4.25 Stars

After two and a half decades of marriage and at the age of forty-eight, Everett Scott is in the midst of a divorce and begins to reevaluate his choices and pursuits. Upon being contacted by his twenty-seven year old nephew, Adam, a standoffish dialogue slowly turns into a solid friendship. As Everett’s attraction to Adam deepens, it becomes clear they are both fighting feelings toward each other.

“You knew what you wanted, and you went after it.” I had so much to learn from this young
Sanaa
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: age-gap, arc, m-m, 2019
4 stars.

Interesting read. I liked it but I felt like maybe an extra 50 pages could've helped the book a lot.
warhawke
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Male
Rating:

After years of uneventful marriage, Everett (Ev) Scott was starting over. Wanting to reconnect, he wished to repair his relationship with his teenage daughter before it’s too late. Adam Scott was an estranged nephew who came back into his life at the perfect timing. He helped Ev made changes into his new life. But he also brought something in Ev that was least expected.

This book was not what I expected at all. It
Ky
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2019
This story reminded me a little bit of Noah. It wasn't a re-telling of course and there were many differences but the taboo aspect was pretty similar: the MCs were uncle and nephew but the nephew was adopted by the uncle's estranged brother and they hadn't seen each other for about twenty years.

But I think that's it as far as similarities go. I loved Noah and I'll always love that story. The Guy In the Window was also good - it's Cara Dee we're talking about after all! - but it just wasn't in
Ele
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 stars*

No matter how impossible or kinky or out of the norm the plot is, Cara Dee always keeps it real somehow. In the end, this is what I love the most about her work.
♥Sharon♥
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

Sweet
Sexy
Hot
Funny
Silver Fox

Enjoyed this one. It was a quickie though. I thought Everett was a sweetheart and Adam was sexy all hell. It was a bit predictable but that didn’t matter one bit.

And maybe I’m being greedy but I would have liked just a little bit more. One more chapter would have been nice!

This is my first book by Cara Dee and I look forward to check out some out some of her other stuff!
.Lili.
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

J, you did not steer me wrong.

Was it sweet?

Lovable characters?

Deliciously filthy?

Is it the most profound story I've ever read?

Did it diminish my enjoyment?

I enjoyed the hell out of this book. I read it in one sitting — Cara Dee's writing it just raw and real.

If the book had been longer, I'd have rated a full five stars. I just needed a little more story.

4.5 stars, highly recommend it.

Nazanin
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the story. But the kink wasn't for me.
Michael S.
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and kinky. Well, kinky by my somewhat vanilla standards, I guess. Incest play gets a nod, but it didn’t push into squick territory for me since the MCs weren’t blood relations and were family in name only. No spouse husbandry vibes here.

Does this qualify as daddy kink? I’m not really sure because I don’t purposely read it or practice it, but I was getting some age play vibes along with the mild dom/sub flavor.

Sorry, got distracted by the sex again. This is one of those books where the
~BookNeeds~
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
O. M. G! One of the best books I’ve read ALL YEAR!! Adorable. I loved it. How have I never read anything by this author before??
Chris
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Enjoyed this ... thought it was going down a kink line, but really this was remarkably sweet. A voyage of self discovery and second chances.
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
This book will be one of my Top Reads of 2019!

It is absolutely extraordinary. A subtle MM story of self discovery told in dual POV. Unbelievably hot chemistry and exploration of filthy taboo kink and genuine love. Add in an adorable little girl and exceptionally realistic dialogue and I was blown away.

This was my first read from this author and I will be binge reading everything she’s written.
AussieMum
Rarely does pseudo-incest excite me in fiction. It usually comes off as a bit cheesy and more of a “why even bother if it’s pretend” type scenario. Well, colour me so...damn...wrong. When it’s done right...it’s f**king hot and sexy as all get out.

I liked these two men. Their tentative online meeting and subsequent friendship flowed so flawlessly into more, as is usual from this author. But the dirty talk really sold me. Holy...Shit!! It was scorching. It was so unexpected and yet felt totally
Tracy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 stars x pseudo incest + gfy + adorable 4 year old how could this not work? I loved this one.
Bibliophile
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-2019
I don't normally go for stories that feature small children, but this one worked for me. It was sweet, uplifting, and just a little raunchy. I also appreciated the lack of angst in this story. It would have been so easy to make Ev anxious or depressed about the changes and developments in his life, but I appreciated the decision Dee made to have those changes be viewed in a positive and affirming light. Overall, it was an enjoyable read from start to finish. Recommended. :)
Shyralf
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars! MM romance. Loved this one, lots of sweet and adorable moments. ...more
Monica Vidal
Cara Dee is not playing around when she pulls the “uncle” card. Seriously. You all should also read Noah, if that’s your thing. That book. Daaaaamn.

Ok, but this is not about that one, tho they have the same family “relationship”. I’m not gonna lie here and pretend I was shocked or anything because what would be the point?! Every time Adam called Ev “unc” or Ev said “nephew” I felt shivers because damn son, it’s filthy and hot. Sue me.

The book is super light and sexy and hot and I honestly wish
Carol Flores
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of Everett, a 45 y/o silver fox, architect that’s going through an awful divorce, and Adam, the 27 y/o witty nephew who suddenly contacts him, and asks to meet him.

I must say that this novella is kind of a taboo because, even though Adam is not blood-related to Ev, they do share the same family history. There’s also an 18 year gap between them, which, if you know me, I don’t usually feel comfortable with this kind of relationships. Still, they had so much chemistry that it didn
Kazza
This book and I finished better then we started.

An interesting read that I struggled with at first, for a number of reasons - some words overused, Everett annoyed me initially, bi erasure, the usual 'bitch' soon to be ex-wife, italics.

Eventually I relaxed into it and I enjoyed the ride.

It's easy reading.

It has some excellent kink.

The sex is white hot.

No drama.

It mostly suited my current reading mood.
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Christmas Deal
  • Adore (On My Knees Duet #2)
  • Unscripted
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Rocket Science
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Secrets & Lies
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)

I'm often stoically silent or, if the topic interests me, a chronic rambler. In other words, I can discuss writing forever and ever. Fiction, in particular. The love story—while a huge draw and constantly present—is secondary for me, because there's so much more to writing romance fiction than just making two (or more) people fall in love and have hot sex. There's a world to build, characters to