Start by marking “Backstretch Girls” as Want to Read:
Backstretch Girls

Backstretch Girls

A rebellious ponygirl. A jockey tested by tragedy. A rejected racehorse. A three million dollar race.

Teagan Sullivan is a golden disappointment in the show ring. To make matters worse, her family are big deal Olympic equestrians, so she skulks off to pony Thoroughbreds at a rundown racetrack. But while she excels at equine relations, she sucks at human onesjust ask her
Published November 3rd 2019 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about Backstretch Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backstretch Girls

Start your review of Backstretch Girls
Bellarush
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this - and anyone who knows me knows I don't say that about every book I read, especially horse books! I loved the friendship between the two women, I loved the writing and the story, and loved that the author has clearly lived the life.

Well done - from another old backstretch girl.
Tricia
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Realistic, yet fun read!

I enjoyed this book from the first page, due to its realism. It didn't shy away from the colder, uglier parts of the horse business. It did, however, showcase the people for whom horses aren't just a business. Thank you to the author for representing all of us who are in the "horse business" even when we know our only real profit lies in our love of horses. I hope to hear from this author again!
Sara Kjeldsen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gripping read about the realities of horse racing

I thoroughly enjoyed this book about the realities of horse track racing life. I enjoyed reading about Anne, the brave protagonist who dreams of being a jockey. The relationship between Anne and her mother who struggles with anorexia is authentic and it really adds character to the story. The story also brings to life the dark side of racing and the dangers that surround it. I loved this book!
Leah
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story a lot! I will admit that I would sometimes forget that it was set in the 80's so the pop culture references would throw me for a moment, but that also made it fun. I have not read many books that are set in the days that I grew up in.
Chrissi
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and enjoyable

Great novel with friendships, love, and horses. The characters are interesting and the plot a little unexpected. I very much enjoyed!
Kim Taylor
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story, Well Written

Right from the start it is clear the author knows her subjects. Each character is described and developed in realistic detail. The story moves along at a good pace and has plenty of surprises that invite you to turn to the next page. Kudos to Ms. LeFevre. Great way to break your maiden!
Mark PIckeral
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written story of two friends journey through the world of horse racing. The authors clear understanding of the topic makes the story easily accessible to those who love horses and equally to those who love a great story. A Highly recommended read! ...more
J Alyn
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good horseracing book

Great characters. Lots of exciting racing action. A touch of guy/girl interaction. But mostly it is the story of the deep friendship of Teagan and Anne as they help each other through their problems.
sharon
Dec 29, 2019
Lori
Jan 19, 2020

• The Hidden Horses of New York
  • Courage to the Sticking Place (Fortune's Fool, #6)
  • Ticket to Ride (Eventing Trilogy Book 3)
  • Forward (The Eventing Series Book 5)
  • Dune (Dune, #1)
  • Born in the Saddle (Born to Ride Series Book 1)
  • A Hoof in the Door (Eventing, #2)
  • Down The Centre Line
  • Horses Of The Rain (The Outback Riders Book 4)
  • Adventures of the Horse Doctor's Husband
  • Muted
  • When We Believed in Mermaids
  • Eventer's Dream (Eventing, #1)
  • Stay the Distance
  • The Deep, Deep Snow
  • Just After Midnight
  • Love and Horses at Bracken
  • Horses in Wonderland (Show Barn Blues Book 2)
Dawn LeFevre began working on the backstretch of Atlantic City Racecourse at the age of sixteen. After graduating from Cook College of Rutgers University with a B.S. in Animal Science, she spent the next thirteen years training and racing horses in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. She currently works as a contributor for www.PastTheWire.com and has been published in Equus, Weird NJ, the ...more

News & Interviews