Start by marking “Backstretch Girls” as Want to Read:
Backstretch Girls

Backstretch Girls

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A rebellious ponygirl. A jockey tested by tragedy. A rejected racehorse. A three million dollar race.

Teagan Sullivan is a golden disappointment in the show ring. To make matters worse, her family are big deal Olympic equestrians, so she skulks off to pony Thoroughbreds at a rundown racetrack. But while she excels at equine relations, she sucks at human ones—just ask her
Published November 3rd 2019 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about Backstretch Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backstretch Girls

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Backstretch Girls
Bellarush
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this - and anyone who knows me knows I don't say that about every book I read, especially horse books! I loved the friendship between the two women, I loved the writing and the story, and loved that the author has clearly lived the life.

Well done - from another old backstretch girl.
Tricia
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Realistic, yet fun read!

I enjoyed this book from the first page, due to its realism. It didn't shy away from the colder, uglier parts of the horse business. It did, however, showcase the people for whom horses aren't just a business. Thank you to the author for representing all of us who are in the "horse business" even when we know our only real profit lies in our love of horses. I hope to hear from this author again!
Kim Taylor
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story, Well Written

Right from the start it is clear the author knows her subjects. Each character is described and developed in realistic detail. The story moves along at a good pace and has plenty of surprises that invite you to turn to the next page. Kudos to Ms. LeFevre. Great way to break your maiden!
Mark PIckeral
Kellyn Thompson
Dec 11, 2019

• Borrowed Horses
  • Dune (Dune, #1)
  • The Stainless Steel Rat (Stainless Steel Rat, #4)
  • The Mummy (Ramses the Damned #1)
  • The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)
  • The Stainless Steel Rat's Revenge (Stainless Steel Rat, #5)
  • The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)
  • Deathworld 1 (Deathworld, #1)
Dawn LeFevre began working on the backstretch of Atlantic City Racecourse at the age of sixteen. After graduating from Cook College of Rutgers University with a B.S. in Animal Science, she spent the next thirteen years training and racing horses in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. She currently works as a contributor for www.PastTheWire.com and has been published in Equus, Weird NJ, the ...more