Start by marking “Ice Cream Man” as Want to Read:
Ice Cream Man

Ice Cream Man

Having run out of options, former YouTube star Dax Flame must get a job at an ice cream shop in order to make ends meet.
Published November 4th 2019 by DAX FLAME

To ask other readers questions about Ice Cream Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Cream Man

Start your review of Ice Cream Man
Skye
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to preface by saying that I still haven't read Dax's first book, but maybe that's better so there's no bias through comparison. Also, wow, I'm surprised to be the first reviewer. Cool!

I tried to read the book in the old vlog voice but this Dax is more mature and adult than the one I grew up watching in high school so many years ago. I had no idea we are about the same age.

The book is like a journal of short sporadic thoughts and tales about working in an ice cream shop for a while and
Mark
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dax Flame's vlogs produced in 2007 during my high school years and the early days of YouTube were my introduction to what would become the modern obsession of YouTubers and/or content creators. Fast forward to now, we've all gotten older and most aspects of our lives are different. I enjoyed this book because it carries the same kind and odd Dax Flame perspective and voice. It seems those early videos may not be as satirical as perceived and the character of Dax is rather close to the person ...more
Nicholas
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir-bio
Dax Flame continues. I'll be honest that I liked the first book better, but if you've followed Dax Flame, then I still imagine you'll find this worth the read. It has the same meandering, introspective style we now expect from Dax Flame content. It also continues to present Dax Flame's perspective on the world and what captures his mental energy, which is the reason I continue to follow his content.

This is a niche work, but a also useful reflection on the times.
Zac Morris
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great to see a much needed update on the life of Dax Flame. I could definitely go for one of these every couple years.

I especially loved the chapter about Dax's teenage pranks and the one about Charlie Puth.
Robertson Kunz
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
YouTuber Dax Flame's second book giving opinions on life while documenting his time working at an ice cream shop.
Edward Carter
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The only book anyone should ever read
Robthemanbigboy
Nov 15, 2019
Daniel Boa
Nov 08, 2019
Dax Flame
Nov 05, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Christoph
Dec 07, 2019
Angela Wiest
is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2019

• A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
  • Master The Day: Eat, Move and Live Better With The Power of Daily Habits
  • Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
  • The Tao of Craft: Fu Talismans and Casting Sigils in the Eastern Esoteric Tradition
  • Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine
  • iGen: Why Today’s Super-Connected Kids Are Growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy--and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood--and What That Means for the Rest of Us
  • Carnegie
  • The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing
  • Holistic Tarot: An Integrative Approach to Using Tarot for Personal Growth
  • The Art of Power
  • The Art of Seduction
  • The Urban Monk: Eastern Wisdom and Modern Hacks to Stop Time and Find Success, Happiness, and Peace
  • How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life
  • Class: A Guide Through the American Status System