Start by marking “The House on Cannon Beach” as Want to Read:
The House on Cannon Beach

The House on Cannon Beach

(The Women of Brambleberry House #1)

Originally published in 2007 as The Daddy Makeover, dive into the heartwarming Women of Brambleberry House series with this first book in the original trilogy!

Hotel mogul Eben Spencer had learned long ago to keep his eye on the ball and his emotions under wraps. And where had this philosophy got him so far? In business, to the pinnacle of success. And in his personal life,
ebook
Published February 10th 2020 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The House on Cannon Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House on Cannon Beach

Start your review of The House on Cannon Beach
Jacob Proffitt
This cover is an embarrassment, and the title only slightly less so. If the story were better, that'd be a real tragedy. As it stands, it's just as well that it's unlikely anyone will be enticed into this pile of trope fewmets.

Both protagonists are shallow representations of their type. Eben is the widower business mogul struggling to understand his young daughter. He broods a lot and does important business things and is unaccountably drawn to the free-spirited nature-girl, Sage. She's the
Terri Wino
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2019
Cute story, if a bit rushed as it takes place in the space of a week or so. Just what's expected from this type of book, but, as usual, this author is able to create believable characters that the reader cares about.

On to the next book in this series.
Dora Okeyo
I liked: the theme- love is always something good to read about, it even gets better if some loss and fear are involved.
Overview: Rich Dad to Chloe, meets Sage-simple and full of life lady and he's in love, she loves him too but she believes that his world is nothing like hers and she wouldn't be good to him, and the eight year old girl-Chloe, believes that her Dad is the best Dada and she wants him around more often than anyone else.
Award: 3 stars
Reason: There's the story and you read along
Ess  Kay
Mar 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5ish stars! It just frustrated me how the issues weren't really dealt with and they were just glossed over. Everything wrapped up so fast and I was left feeling unsatisfied. Also I didn't really believe that they were in "love". Meh...
Nancy
Liked Conan the big, red dog. :)
Sage is a naturalist, interesting career.
Chloe, 8 yr old daughter is dynamic.
I must admit..i am tired of insta-love so that skewed me against the book.
Virginia
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
An older book by Thayne and I think her skill has improved since but still a sweet book about love. I wish she had tied up more details for the ending but this was only a minor distraction.
charmaine White
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

A little slow getting there,but when it does,it gets really good.A love story with a lot of twists and turns.
Rosemarie Grainer
Great start to a new-to-me series!

There are a lot of nuances in this story. It is totally character oriented with no major action or steam. I think Chloe, the 8-year-old daughter was the best character of them all. Her father Eben takes a little longer to get to know, but he really tries his best to take care of Chloe, and doesn't always succeed, which most parents will recognize! Sage is a cool character, with her huge dog Conan, that she shares with Anna her housemate, and her job as a
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was short and sweet novel! It's less than 300 pages and I read it in two days.

It's a clean romance, no sex scenes and only one use of the b- word towards the beginning.

While I liked Sage, I wish she wasn't a sourpuss so often. I don't really enjoy characters who hold everyone at arms length because they are afraid of getting hurt. I'm glad that Sage was written in a way where she felt bad for her snooty behavior and started to make small adjustments, becoming better friends with her
April
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man on a mission to acquire and a girl with a neglected background have to issues to work out when they meet and are attracted to each other.
Eben has a daughter Chloe who sneaks out in the early morning to look for sand dollars and meets Sage.
Sage is a naturalist who runs a camp for kids in Cannon Beach, Oregon teaching about nature. This sounds like a lovely job.
Sage has a way with Chloe and it brings Eben and Sage together over the course of the book.
There are issues to work out but love
Marcia  Haskell
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can 2 people get past their fear to be happy

Another well written book by RaeAnne Thayne. Once again she gives us a small town setting with characters I would love to have as friends, problems of fear of trust, back stories that I, for one, could understand and sympathize and a little sense of predestination. Enjoyed this book and related both to story and to people who were written about. Would rate it at 4 1/2 *.
Laura Aase
It was satisfying as usual. I. Always a sucker for the single parent story! Sage is a nature girl, living in Brambleberry house with Anna after inheriting it from Abigale. When Sage finds Chloe alone on the beach during her morning run she is highly irritated with Chloe’s rich, cold, handsome father- mainly because he reminds her of her own father who shared the same characteristics. Their lives intersect while Eben stays in the town trying to buy a hotel. Will they fall for each other?
Suzanne
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We’re reading this book in RaeAnne Thayne’s Facebook book this month. I’m reading all in the series. I definitely always start a series from the beginning and read them all when I love the authors books.
Abigail leaves her home when she died which includes three apartments to Sage and Anna.Abigail seems to make some mysterious visits. I know she truly loved these women.
Phyllis Halstead
The ?Daddy Makeover

A delightful book. Characters seem real. Well written and planned. Great descriptions and plot. We need make good feeling type of books. I would highly recommend this book. Phyllis
Barbara
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It!

I enjoyed this story very much. It shows that first impressions aren’t always what they seem to be. It’s a story about letting go of past hurts and heartbreak and opening your heart to new beginnings, with a little help from beyond.
Lynne Spreen
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice little romance in a pretty setting (coastal Oregon). He's the bigshot owner of a hotel chain, she's an earth goddess skeptical of wealth and privilege. But really, they have something in common. Ended too soon, but a good story.
Teon
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful love story.

Sage is mourning the loss of her friend and landlord, Abigail. Eban is a single dad w/ his head too wrapped up in business. Chloe is 8 yrs old and a terror to nannies and schools. A week at the beach may help everyone find some happiness.
D
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Great character development! Lovely and adorable child with a troubled father leads to a fun story with HEA.
Trish Slyter
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick, fun read between more serious works! Great characters, sweet story and one of my favorite locations!
Pam
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The secret is super.
Karen Geurts
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

I liked the story and the characters. Conan was a great one, he seemed more human than dog. I am glad that Safe and Even and Chloe got their HEA.
Theresa LeBlanc
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving story

Tender, heartfelt, moving story. I don’t think RaeAnne Thayne can write a bad novel. Old friends, new friends, romance, my, heartache, it’s all here.
Chris
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good read, a great start to this trilogy!
Barbara Severinsen
Typical Raeanne

Nice story. The first of the series and I look forward to the rest. While a bit predictable I find Raeanne's calming stories a break from my busy life.
Cynthia Miller
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brambleberry house

The story of how a house and a large dog can bring people together. It's just the start of this Daddy Makeover.
Suze
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE DADDY MAKEOVER

RaeAnne Thayne is one of my favorite authors, she makes all of her characters come to life- even the elusive Abigail.
Monique E. Lacroix
Another wonderful book from RaeAnne Thayne

I have read so many books of her, I lost count but I have loved every single one of them!
Nikki Massie daniels
Great read

I liked the tempo of this book. It was a quick read and I enjoyed it. I love all of her books.
Jean
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the premise that Abigail had a master p!an to bring Eben and Sage together. Looking forward to the rest of this series!
Ellyn (Mrs. Darcy in my Dreams)
DNF at 48%. Boring and cliche-ish. The chemistry didn't feel real at all.

• Summer on Mirror Lake (Honeymoon Harbor)
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • Jackson (The McBrides of Texas #1; Eternity Springs #16)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
  • Cowboy Rebel
  • Winter at the Beach (Moonlight Harbor, #2)
  • Forever My Hero (Blessings, Georgia #7)
  • Strawberry Hill (Mystic Creek, #5)
  • Wyoming Legend (Wyoming Men, #8)
  • California Girls
  • In the Dog House
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • The Goodbye Café (The Hudson Sisters #3)
  • Springtime at Hope Cottage (Sweetwater Springs, #2)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • A Rainbow Above Us (Blessings, Georgia #8)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different

The Women of Brambleberry House (5 books)
  • His Second-Chance Family (The Women of Brambleberry House, #2)
  • A Soldier's Secret (The Women of Brambleberry House,#3)
  • A Soldier's Return
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
“You made good time from Portland.” In seconds, she shunted away the brief flicker of remembered heat from her gaze and became as coolly polite as her downstairs neighbor. “I was afraid you’d be ready to string me up if I didn’t hurry.” “I” 1 likes