Start by marking “Shameless (Alpha Bodyguard, #8)” as Want to Read:
Shameless (Alpha Bodyguard, #8)

Shameless

(Alpha Bodyguard #8)

SHAMELESS

Bodyguard.

Shadow.

Warrior.

The Marines trained me to be a weapon. Tactical warfare was in my blood. I didn't think twice when I was deployed for the fifth time because I was born battle ready. Then a mission went south and left me with a medical discharge.

Too many years downrange, I didn't fit in the civilian world. Taking a job with the best security firm in the bu
Published August 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Shameless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shameless

Start your review of Shameless (Alpha Bodyguard, #8)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Shameless is emotional, angsty, action packed and a whole loft of dirty talking. I don't think you can get more alpha than this hero, and man did he have a mouth on him! He's the kind that comes off like a big jerk that will just turn you on. The heroine didn't stand a chance, especially after hearing about the hardware he was wearing. I had to look some of that up because I had no idea that was a thing. 😳 This is nothing like your mommas fluffy romance books! ...more
Serial Romance Librarian
Jaime Ryter
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If I were only allowed to choose one author to read for the remainder of my life, this is the one I would choose. I don’t know how she manages to do it, but EVERY SINGLE TIME, I am drawn in and stuck like glue to these pages, and Shameless is no different. The banter and chemistry between the two main characters are what I crave in every book that I read. The action, the steam, and the suspense is the icing on the cake. I loved this book so much. It’s never too early for a re-read, right?
Belle
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARs for Shameless

Let me tell you, after reading this eighth installment in Bartel's Alpha Bodyguard series I am certainly shameless in how IN LOVE I am with these hunky, mouth-watering, sexy and too hot to handle alpha men.

Like, seriously. I would pull the trigger for these men.

I couldn't wait to dive into Shade's story. He's been dangled in front us for months, and I am so glad he's finally here. I came running to find out about mysterious Shade. Man oh man, did I find out so mu
Reyne Clark
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a new Sybil Bartel book, I think this is the best one yet and this book boyfriend is now my favorite, and then she writes Shameless, puts Jonny James on the cover, and makes me fall in love yet again. This book is all fire, Alpha male, and dominance. Shade is everything you say you hate, but secretly love in a man and when you find out his real name, SWOON. And Summer makes you want to scream and root for her in the same breath. I loved this book from first page to last and hav ...more
JoAnn
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Sybil, please don't stop... you just keep giving us what we all wish we had! Every Summer day needs a little Shade to survive. Well, I guess in this case it's a whole lot of SHaDe! I want to know how I missed him? It is always nice to have the crew show up to help and to see the angst between some of them. Can't wait for the next one!! ...more
Nikki Van Horn
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great book to read. Shade is a bodyguard that doesn't let anybody push him over. He is sexy, stubborn, protective and good at his job. Love that he is very protective, sexy in a man. He gets himself into a little bit of a crisis. Summer is a teenager/woman. She has been in trouble her whole life. She is finally ready for something else for her life. I felt bad for her and the way she was brought up. No child should have to endure that. Getting these two together was a good match. She figured h ...more
Alex
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars is simply not enough for this masterpiece! But then again it never is for a Sybil Bartel book! Step over Beyonce, theres a new Queen B in town...and shes about to blow your mind with delicious fantasies of this alphahole hero! Where do I begin with Shade, he is rugged,crude, possessive, dominating, protective, pierced 😏, and just all around make your panties melt off sexy. I mean how does she create these men so perfectly?! I did an inward groan at the beginning of the book when i realiz ...more
Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)
Shade...where do I even start with this man? You would think 8 books in, Sybil Bartel's alpha bodyguards would start to blend in or sound the same. Not the case here. Every alpha male she brings to life with her words are unique and sexy AF. They all have their quirks (or kinks hehe) that set them apart. Add in her interesting choice of heroines to compliment her alpha heroes and you have yourself stories that seem familiar but different every.single.time!

Shade is one hot Italian alpha. He's ink
Fortsumtergirl
Lara Hill
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy Bookgasam, this book is hot hot hot

Do yourself a favor , go one click this and dive back it to the Alpha Bodyguard world with a heaped helping of Italian alpha goodness.

Shade is the epitome of alpha male, stubborn , arrogant, full of himself but the one women who stops him in his tracks is the last one he expected. Sent on a job to pick up spoilt brat Summer from rehab and bring her home , like often happens with these alpha bodyguards best laid plans never quite pan out.

When a past mis
Sandra
Shelves: arc
Marine vs Princess

In Shameless, we meet Marine & alpha bodyguard Shade; he is tall, dark, hot, quiet and mysterious.
We also have Summer; beautiful, young, vulnerable and just out of rehab....

The story is well written and as always Sybil rocked it!!
Love that the main characters were fully developed. And the chemistry between the main characters and the secondary one was exceptional.
It's an emotional roller coaster, some great action and oh my goodness can't forget the EPIC sexy and steamy bedroo
Jill Dean
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The queen of Alpha military bad boys has really outdone herself with Shade...

Shade definitely puts the “A” in Alpha and is ALL manly man! Loved this story and the dynamic between the hero and his woman. Added to this adrenaline fueled adventure is a quick appearance by my man Candle (hey baby, you doing good? 😉) and the ever upbeat Talon. I’m convinced there should be an app where you can enter your name and it comes up with your Talon nickname 😍.

Ya’ll need this book in your life and on your boo
Amy
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always wait eagerly for the next book that Sybil writes and am never disappointed. SHADE definitely delivers! Chemistry, alphaness, age gap, sass, and danger make for a story I read in one sitting. The cast of L&A show up, Talon appears with his special brand of nicknames and insight. New names are also mentioned which I can only hope means more to come for the series. I am excitedly waiting for the next book to be released!
Gayle
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh. This one is off the charts H O T !!!!! Sybil has given us Shade. His alpha personality is in a league all of his own. Love this book so much. If you’re familiar with all her books you know that she does alpha like nobody else. Luna & Associates personal bodyguards are always swoon worthy, but I’m telling y’all she has outdone herself this time. Love to see Talon, Thomas, Ronan, and Candle again as well. Get ready cuz we meet a totally new awesome Summer this time too.
Ally Hogan
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sybil Bartel has a way of writing about strong, sexy alphas and the ladies who love them in a way that makes you feel like you know them. Shameless is just one more notch on Sybil’s amazing list of hit books, with a tough as nails bodyguard who has a soft spot for the snotty trust fund princess. Shade is one hot alpha bodyguard with all the dominance and protection you’d expect from one of Sybil’s books.
Claudia Hecht
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This edition to this amazing series is WONDERFUL! Shade is by far the hottest of the L & A men! I very much enjoyed the interaction between all the guys, and the intertwined story lines from past books.

I HIGHLY recommend reading this series in order, to get the most from this story!
Sybil has again produced well written, engaging and creative characters to fall in love with, and I cannot wait for #9.
Katie
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sybil has rocked my world yet again!! I never thought I would like Shade but as usual Sybil does not disappoint and made me LOVE this burly dominant alpha. Not to discount the journey she takes you on to understand and cheer on the snotty little rich girl. This community of alpha bodyguards always pull together, get through the ugly of the world and one by one fall in love along the way. Seriously can’t wait for the next book in this series!!
Deanna Charlotte
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been so excited for shades book to come and it sure didn’t disappoint. I absolutely loved the story and finding out more about shade and who his latest client is.

I love the chemistry between the two of them and the banter that they have between them and how they just give each other just as good back as each other.

This book was so worth waiting for and I can’t wait for more bodyguard books.
Windi
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!! You have done it again Sybil Bartel. I absolutely loved this book! There was suspense and romance and all the delicious parts you are so good at delivering. I am hoping that dropping of possibly new names means there is more to come in this series? I would definitely recommend this book to anyone !!
LianaReads blog
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And here I thought that Neil is the most dominant alpha hero that I’ve ever read! No baby,this Italian is way more fun to get lost in this beautiful story of redemption and a second chance at life after so many downfalls.
Age gap, steamy and stormy, this book goes in my favourite of the year and Shade goes on my Big List 😉
Zizie
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
KittyLuvr
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, Ms. Bartel (IMO) hits ANOTHER one out of the park with 'Shameless'.
Shade is the deliciously intense moody broody Alpha hero, former Marine, lethal, grumpy, no-nonsense & focused. And he is REALLY REALLY not happy with his current assignment.
The heroine is on the cusp of being 20, is spoiled, has a huge sense of entitlement combined with a deeply hidden personal insecurity & bone deep craving for actual love from someone.
Her father gave her money & things but no love, no time & no praise. H
Cheryl O'Harney
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"It's gettin hot in here (so hot), so take off all your clothes
I am - gettin so hot, I wanna take my clothes off.
It's gettin hot in herre (so hot), so take off all your clothes
I am - gettin so hot, I wanna take my clothes off"....

Yes that was the soundtrack going through my mind whilst reading this hawt as hell book.

Move over Neil, Shade has just toppled you from the top spot as MDA, "Most Dominant Alpha". The latest from Luna & Associates focuses on Shade as he’s been given the job of collectin
Susana Sousa
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
OMG! Shade just made it to the Gallery!

Shameless it's the 8th installment in the Alpha Bodyguard Series, a hot and emotionally deep tale, a kind of taboo treat (at least for the age gap aspect) story feauturing Shade and Summer Ahmrest, two heavily layered characters so different, but oh so right for each other! From the first moment they interacted (again), the smile was on my face because this couldn't not to happen! Saying I loved everything about this book it would be putting it lightly
Em
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: six-stars
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Such a great book, great characters, great story and great love.

I really like how thoroughly the characters are made. The hero and heroine is equally bad at communication and both make effort to change that throughout the book because they want to be better for the other person. I’m so thankful to the author for actually putting in the effort of including a real character development. It makes the book that much better.

Also, this is probably the alpha asshole of all alpha assholes..
Peggy
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deliciously Addictive - Once you start reading Sybil’s library you can’t stop. This book is the 8th in the Alpha Bodyguard Series and stars Shade, an all alpha x-Marine who works for Luna and Assoc. Shade is currently protecting Summer, a spoiled rich girl fresh out of rehab. Summer was a secondary character in Callous, Preston’s book and not an especially liked one at that but we get to know her in depth to find she is a well deserving character after all. Shade is over the top, but that’s what ...more
Leslee
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lord have mercy, I finished Shameless more than 24 hours ago and I'm still reeling from total hotness overload! Shade is one of the most competent, confident jerks I have ever seen on the written page. So he fits right in at Luna and Associates and he is the best person to send to retrieve Summer from rehab. We met Summer previously and her life utterly melted down in book 7, Relentless. She was also very unlikable in said book. Now, she has realized how far she had fallen and her life would nee ...more
Kristin
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spoiled Rich Girl & Alpha Bodyguard = A Sizzling Romance

Shameless is a captivating and thoroughly entertaining story. Get ready for a roller-coaster ride from start to finish.

In Shameless, Shade and Summer finally get their own book. Shade is a former Marine, who is an intense alpha, grumpy, quiet, arrogant, & stubborn bodyguard. Summer is a feisty, spoiled rich girl with a trust fund. She uses sarcasm as one of her defense tactics to hide her vulnerability and loneliness. When no one is there
Kara Merideth
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shameless is another fabulous and sexy romance from Sybil Bartel! If you like super sexy alphas, hot sex scenes, and a little surprise hardware you have found your book!

Shade finally gets his story in the 8th installation of Sybil Bartel's Alpha Bodyguard Series. Shade, a retired Marine, currently is working as a bodyguard/babysitter for Summer, a spoiled rich girl fresh out of rehab. Summer was introduced as a minor character in 2 of the previous books and Ms. Bartel does great job adding depth
« previous 1 3 next »

• Blood & Bones: Cage (Blood Fury MC, #5)
  • Blood & Bones: Deacon (Blood Fury MC, #4)
  • Blood & Bones: Judge (Blood Fury MC, #3)
  • Silas (Dirty Aces MC, #4)
  • More Than a Risk (More than a Threat #2)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
  • Fighting for Us (Love is Worth Fighting For #1)
  • Reign (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #3)
  • Pieces of Us
  • Kiss My Cupcake
  • Nash (Dirty Aces MC, #3)
  • More Than a Threat (More Than a Threat #1)
  • Bloody Heart (Brutal Birthright #4)
  • Commander in Briefs Box Set (Commander in Briefs, #0.5-4)
  • One Hot Italian Summer
  • Broken Vow (Brutal Birthright, #5)
  • Come Home to Deep River (Alaska Homecoming #1)
  • Verek (Savage Kings MC - South Carolina, #3)
Sybil Bartel is a USA Today Bestselling author of unapologetic Alpha heroes. Whether you're reading her Romantic Suspense, Military Romance or Bad Boy Bodyguards, all of her heroes are sexy as sin and unwaveringly Alpha!

Sybil lives in South Florida with her wonderful family and one furry canine.

Alpha Bodyguard (9 books)
  • Scandalous (Alpha Bodyguard, #1)
  • Merciless (Alpha Bodyguard, #2)
  • Reckless (Alpha Bodyguard, #3)
  • Ruthless (The Alpha Bodyguard Series, #4)
  • Fearless (Alpha Bodyguard, #5)
  • Callous (Alpha Bodyguard, #6)
  • Relentless (Alpha Bodyguard, #7)
  • Heartless (Alpha Bodyguard, #9)