Start by marking “Illusions, Delusions” as Want to Read:
Illusions, Delusions

Illusions, Delusions

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Just what is a short story? Through the prism of seven vastly different and fantastically imaginative forms, Alexander Raphael showcases the opportunities the genre offers. Inspired by writers such as John Updike, James Thurber and Franz Kafka, here are his first set of stories in a wonderfully minimalist yet thought-provoking style.
Published October 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Illusions, Delusions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illusions, Delusions

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Illusions, Delusions
Victoria Ray
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great collection!
These stories are clever, humorous, thought-provoking, twisted, and delightful!
The author sets a scene, paints the people with interesting personalities, and introduces a situation which may, or may not, be influenced by the main character...
The story called “Punbelivable” is absolutely awesome! Very creative!
Two last in the collection were sad, wise and hilarious at the same time! Loved also allegorical touch and the work of author with plots, forms/structure and heroes!

I w
Gabriel Saucedo
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Job, I was delighted reading so clever stories, the use of the words in a sort of double sense is astounding as well as brilliant!
Punbelievable is the one I enjoyed the most, great word games!
Hope
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alexander Raphael is the author who is very conscious of his stories and his own skills.

Illusions, Delusions is a collection of 7 short stories that offers some significant introspective of his private thoughts. He guided readers through his fascinating puzzles leading us to question the perception of reality and change our perspective on life and, to the extent, our dream.

Within Twilight is my favourite story. Beautiful writing with enchanted tale of human nature. The story voiced the author's
Margaret Sorick
Dec 07, 2019
Sandra
Jan 12, 2020

• The Slow Regard of Silent Things (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2.5)
  • The Indie Author Mindset: How changing your way of thinking can transform your writing career
  • Soonish: Ten Emerging Technologies That'll Improve and/or Ruin Everything
  • Our Justice
  • The House of Mirth
  • Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual
  • Keto Diet: Your 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Balance Hormones, Boost Brain Health, and Reverse Disease
  • Made
  • Daddy: Reflections of Father-Daughter Relationships
  • Thus Spoke Zarathustra
  • The Tragedy of the Templars: The Rise and Fall of the Crusader States
  • The Divine Comedy
  • The Vertigo Years: Europe 1900-1914
  • Psycho-Cybernetics Deluxe Edition: The Original Text of the Classic Guide to a New Life
  • The Big Four (Hercule Poirot, #5)
  • Mastering Your Hidden Self: A Guide to the Huna Way
  • love poem to the sea
  • Marginalia ; Xterminalia
Half-Welsh, half-Mexican and growing up in London, Alex Raphael was surrounded by different influences and interests. But it was always books that spoke to him most and had the greatest impact.

He started writing when at college, where his love of reading evolved into a desire to write, in particular focusing on poetry and short stories. Studying English and American Literature at university meant

News & Interviews