Start by marking “Murder in Connecticut: The Shocking Crime That Destroyed a Family and United a Community” as Want to Read:

2.78  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
An incisive, unflinching account of the shocking, summer 2007 Connecticut crime that is still making national headlines, Murder in Connecticut examines what happened to Dr. William Petit, his wife Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and their two daughters, Hayley and Michaela, in the early morning hours of July 23 in the quiet town of Cheshire--and how their community rallied bravely a ...more
Published September 24th 2008 by Lyons Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder in Connecticut, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in Connecticut

Jenna
Feb 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book is terrible. I like true crime books but I am embarrassed I read this one. You guys should revoke my Goodreads privileges.
Joanna Teodosio
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This was informative for both Connecticut and non-Connecticut readers. As a lifelong CT resident, I did learn a few things about the case that I didn't know as it was being splashed across the front pages of media.

I liked how the numerous charities for the family are listed back in the book, and there are many different quotes and statements from various people as well. The 911 call is also transcribed in the back.

A sad but readable book. Not a Pulitzer, but generally informative.
Xenia0201
Dec 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
I remember this story from when it aired on the news last summer but did not know the details surrounding what happened. This is the true story of a doctor and his family in suburban CT who were the victims of a robbery that resulted in the wife and two daughters' murders. I found the doctor to be a man of unbelievable courage and strength to be able to go on after his family and home was destroyed.
Courtney
Mar 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was not a fan of the layout of this book. Right away it went into the crime instead of building up to it with a background of everyone. It was just not how I like to read about these stories. It was hard to get through after I knew what happened in the first chapter or so.
Kelly Osmond
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very choppy and difficult to read, though it didn't take long to read. So many pages of quotes. I think I found it worse because I had read one last year that I enjoyed much more. A few parts were informative that almost gave it a three rating but not quite.
Robinne
Sep 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
The crime is harrowing to read about. The book itself is no more than mediocre.
Allyson Gray
Mar 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
I actually didn't even finish reading the whole thing. I read about 85% and realized the ENTIRE book was basically police reports and court reports basically.
Rickee1368