Start by marking “Resilience (The Resilience Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resilience (The Resilience Duet, #1)

Resilience

(The Resilience Duet #1)

Samantha never saw Enzo coming.

As the dust settles from her divorce, her life is full. She doesn’t have time for distractions. She’s too busy running her own company and checking off numerous items from her kids’ demanding schedule to have a life of her own.

Then he walks into her kitchen with his breathtaking green eyes and a mischievous grin. He’s there to surprise his
Published January 21st 2020 by Amanda Shelley, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Resilience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resilience

Start your review of Resilience (The Resilience Duet, #1)
Lauren Orr
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-reads
Enzo and Sam have such a connection. It was definitely love at first sight because they were together from the moment they met. While I could have used a little more drama and depth to the story I did think it was good. Now give me Resolution so I can see what happens next!
I wrote this review based on an advance reading copy that the publisher sent me.
Ashton
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
** I WAS GIVEN AN ARC IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW**

I love Single parent tropes and I love realistic but not stale interpretation on those relationships and how they grow.

This is my first Amanda Shelley book and I fell in love!! This book is sweet, instalove, and amazingly steamy! He had his heart broken and never felt that connection again.

She was still recovering and finding herself after a marriage that created 3 beautiful and funny kiddos!

Then the decision to add more chaos to her life
Jennifer Hunt
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy of this book in exchanged for an honest review.
Oh. My. God. I absolutely LOVED this book! Samantha and Enzo are the absolute perfect couple. They hit it off from the start and a beautiful relationship grew from there. They both had their hearts broken in the past and were scared to fall in love again. Luckily, they gave each other a chance and decided to give love another try. I love single-parent tropes and this book is the reason why. And I'm going thru the exact same
Ebook Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Resilience – Amanda Shelley – 4 stars

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*
Resilience is the debut novel for author Amanda Shelley and boy what a read!! It’s a dual point of view novel that draws you in right from the start with well-developed characters, a good plot and a relatively drama free single parent trope romance. This book is a quick, easy enjoyable read that ends on a cliff hanger, so if you’re not a fan of those then maybe this is not for you. I however, was left wanting
Kayla Pocernich
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book number 1 in the Resilience Duet Series. Samantha is a single parent to 3 adorable children that she is too busy checking things off there demanding schedule to have a life of her own. The thing about Samantha is that she doesn't have time for any distractions and that includes starting a new relationship. Enzo is an elite rescue pilot and is taking some time off and he decides to help Samantha when she is renovating her kitchen. It's a case of love at first sight for these and the ...more
Breen Rdz
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Resilience, book one in the Resilience Duet and also the debut novel of Amanda Shelley. Samantha and Enzo’s story was beautiful, lovely and so delightful to read. A sweet and steamy connection between the two of them. Together they were adorable. Samantha was a single mother of three children and some day she decided to remodel her kitchen, our boy Enzo enteres here, he was planning to surprise his father turns out the surprised one was him. The story was exquisitely written, the characters ...more
Lynn Stifle
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Resilience Duet and Samantha and Enzo’s story. Sam and Enzo were wonderful characters with undeniable chemistry and connection, and I fell for them instantly. There was nothing about this book that I didn't like. It's an incredible story filled withlove, passion, intricate layers, complex characters and a wonderful romance. It has a well written plot, fantastic dialogue brimming with emotion. It's an absolute must read and I can't wait to see what happens in book ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book in a duet form this author and is Samantha and Enzo’s story. Sam is a single mom to her 3 children, and when she decides to have her kitchen revamped, Enzo arrives to surprise his dad, who is her contractor. This is a beautifully written story which is sweet, steamy, and an instant love story. I was intrigued throughout this riveting tale and cannot wait to read #2. I recommend for all.
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The chemistry between Sam and Enzo is explosive from the moment his father introduces them. As a divorcée with three kids Sam was not looking for a love interest as she has a life full of owning her business and taking care of her children. Enzo is career Air Force home to see if he wants to retire. Burned in the past he is not looking for love either. Watching them get to know each other and figure out how to become a couple is endearing. Beware this is book one of a duo, however the second ...more
Lisa Starkweather
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who wouldn't fall in love with Sam and Enzo. Their attraction for each other was mesmerizing and I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to know how they were going to intertwine their lives, the single mother of three and the bachelor, together. Could they do it, should they do it and would they do it.

Amanda Shelley creates characters that draw you in and have you wanting more. For a first book release, I am ready to read more and find out what else she has to offer.
Stefanie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good instalove story, that I did enjoy reading. The four stars is only because I wanted there to be more angst to suck you in a little more. Enzo and Samantha have a beautiful instant connection and the storyline was well written. I am looking forward to what is going to happen in the second book.
Rebecca Watson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful, feel good story that is so relatable! I love the down to earth characters and realistic plot. It’s just the right combo of love, sass, anticipation, and steaminess for me! The perfect read for staying in on a rainy day, or laying on the beach...
Alharaca
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg! This one is so sweet, i couldn't help it and read it in a couple if hours, I swear that you are going to fall in love with all the characters. The story itself is beautifully written and is going to leave you swooning, i highly recommend this one. Now i just have to wait for the "resolution" of this story, go grab a copy of it.
S
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
3.75

This was a great single parent romance. It was feel good and quick read. I enjoyed the story and both the protagonist. There was an instant connection between Sam and Enzo from the moment these two meet. The story was realistic and characters were relatable. This is the first time I’ve read Amanda’s book and I really enjoyed it. The story ends on a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to read the next book to read the next book . Overall it was an enjoyable read .
Judy Cornett
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Congratulations on a beautifully written and enjoyable debut release. This story is filled with so much love and sizzling chemistry. Sam and Enzo burn up the pages. I love the relationship between Enzo and his family and Sam and her children. I loved watching the relationship between Enzo and Sam’s children grow. This book will pull you in from the first page. I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading about the rest of their journey in Resolution ...more
Sarah Mana
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story, of love, family and the strengths we gain from them, loved this book couldnt put it down, highly recommend!!
Dawn Doyle
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of this book. I’m always on the lookout for new authors. This book was so well written I forgot she was new. Most authors I’ve read (and I’ve read a lot) aren’t this polished after several books. It’s the first in a duet but the wait won’t be long. Without leaving any spoilers I strongly suggest you read this!
We Review Books
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful love story that will capture your heart from page 1. Enzo and Samantha are a couple that you will anticipate how their happily ever after will play out. This book is fast paced in emotions. It is not insta-love, but Enzo and Samantha are of the age of knowing what they want and what they deserve. Samantha is a divorced mother of 3 who isn't looking for love, but Enzo is a force of nature she didn't see coming. Enzo is a man who's only committed relationship has been with the ...more
Annie Grandorff
Sarah Van acker
Dec 15, 2019
Mary Ann
Dec 15, 2019

• Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • The Lying Season
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • You're The One
  • The Dance
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • Hesitate (Guarding Her #6)
  • For Three Seconds
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • Tequila
  • Reluctant to Love (Written in the Stars, #1)
  • Fake You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #2)
  • Thick & Thin (Chubby Girl Chronicles #3)
  • Hot Daddy Package: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
Amanda Shelley loves falling into a book to experience new worlds. As an avid reader and writer, sharing worlds of her own creation is a passion that inspired her to become an author. She writes contemporary romance with characters who are strong and sexy with a touch of sass.

When not writing, Amanda enjoys time with her family, playing chauffeur, chef and being an enthusiastic fan for her

The Resilience Duet (2 books)
  • Resolution (The Resilience Duet, #2)