Start by marking “Gods of Merlin” as Want to Read:
Gods of Merlin

Gods of Merlin

GREAT GREEK GODS. THEY ARE COMING.
Foster kid and occasional shoplifter Eowlyn Patience just wants to fit into her Boston high school. When the Sword In The Stone falls out of the sky like a meteor into the middle of London’s Trafalgar Square, everything changes. Then, an enigmatic golden-eyed man arranges for her to attend a school for the gifted in England, and the
Published November 2019 by Vulcan Ink

To ask other readers questions about Gods of Merlin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gods of Merlin

Start your review of Gods of Merlin
Ally Swanson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was an exciting, intriguing, adventurous read filled with magical, mystical, and paranormal elements!!

I really enjoyed that this book was a modern day follow up to the classic Sword and the Stone fairy-tales and mythologies that many of us have grown up with.

I liked that Miss Ardis made sure all the lore love was ever so present front and center as she made sure King Arthur, Guinevere, Merlin, Lady of the Lake, Excalibur, and Camelot were all included and incorporated into the
M.T. DeSantis
I received this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Read an excerpt and follow the Goddess Fish book tour here.
This book’s description really grabbed me. I’m a big fan of mythology stories, and I like a good helping of Arthurian lore, too. Toss in a magic school, and you basically had me at hello. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as drawn in by this as I hoped, which was disappointing.
The concept for this story is fantastic. The sword in the stone lands in modern-day America,
E.
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult

“Gods of Merlin” by Priya Ardis is a young adult fantasy story that introduces the series of the same name. Eowlyn Patience has finally found a foster family that she is comfortable with, but she still doesn’t quite fit in with her peers at school. When she is forcibly recruited to join a quest that takes her to a magic school in England, she discovers that some of her classmates have more in common with her than she realized. Unfortunately, there are many forces at work, and
Maryjo Laupp
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-in-2019
Eowlyn (A-o-lin) Patience is a foster kid. Used to being on her own and taking care of herself, she is suddenly thrust into a life of magic and wizards. She might even be capable of a little magic herself! The famous sword in the stone has returned, plummeting to earth in Trafalgar Square with such force that it causes a worldwide tremor and people begin lining up to see if they are the one who can pull Excalibur from the stone once again.

When Eowlyn and others find themselves training at a
Sherrie Cronin
In Gods of Merlin, Priya Ardis has written an action-filled adventure likely to appeal to teenage fans of the fantasy genre.

What I liked best:

1. I’ve got a fond spot for females who get to be the chosen one (for once) and I found Eowlyn to be particularly likable. I rooted for her from the start.
2. I’m a life long fan of the many variations of the King Arthur tale and it was fun to see it given a new twist.

What I liked least:

1. I thought there were too many parallels to a certain famous story
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids, YA & NA Too!
Wow! My mind is reeling after reading this book. I do love a good retelling of a fairytale or myth and that is what we have here ladies and gents. A pretty amazing retelling of the story of King Arthur and Camelot! We have olde English names, Excalibur, magic, Merlin, training, battles, gargoyles, trials, the Lady of the Lake, threats and the ever-present question of just who is the rightful heir? How could this not be exciting, I ask you? And it was, it was. The only thing I found it lacking ...more
Audray Gutierrez
Waited so long for this

I loved the original series and always hoped Matt/Merlin would find love. I thought it interesting how the little princess Vane saved ended up being brought to the future to interfere with the original story, but ended up helping Ryan get the sword. I loved the whole story, can’t wait for the next book.
V
Can't wait to dive back into this action-packed and steamy world!
Books with a Chance of Traveling
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. *

I have a ton of mixed feelings when it comes to this book. I love just about anything to do with Arthurian lore and thought I'd feel the same about this book. Yes and no.
I thought the m.c. was great, doing what needed to be done, until the end anyways. After awhile she really started to get on my nerves. Merlin and Vane were alright, but I'm not a big fan of insta-love.
I thought the book left a lot unsaid, while wrapping
Wonderly
Nov 29, 2019

• Alex Asks Grandpa About the Olden Days: A 1940s Story
  • Randal the Elephant
  • BULB
  • The Merkabah Recruit (Merkabah, #1)
  • Destiny on Ice (Boys of Winter, #1)
  • Grow the F*ck Up: What your parents should have taught you and school never did...
  • This Book Is Gray
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow!
  • I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • Malice in Wonderland Bundle 1: The First Trilogy & Prequel (Malice in Wonderland #0.5-3)
  • Never Touch a Shark
  • Count Them! 50 Tractor Troubles: A Counting, Spelling and Safety Book
  • There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Would You Rather? Book For Kids and Family: The Book of Funny Scenarios, Wacky Choices and Hilarious Situations for Kids, Teen, and Adults (Game Book Gift Ideas)
  • Vacation for Dexter! (Dexter T. Rexter, #3)
  • The Alphabet Construction Troubles: A to Z Upper and Lower Case Letters (EDUCATIONAL TRACTORS)
  • 10 Dinosaurs Party Time
GODS OF MERLIN new release! Six years in the making... finally we get the story of the brother who didn't get the girl!

I love books of all kinds—lately funny and fantastical are my faves. But who couldn't curl up with a good romance?

My writing comes from a childhood of playing too much She-Ra and watching too much Spock. When Belle gasped at the library the Beast showed her, so did I! With how
“Beside me, Matt reached for my barf bag with a green-tinged face. “These things are metal death contraptions.”

“Go find your own.” I swiped back the bag. As the plane pulled around to get in line for takeoff, I clutched the paper bag close.
”