Start by marking “The Christmas Cookie House: A Sweet Holiday Romance (Christmas House Romances Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Christmas, love, and a batch of cookies.
Former bookshop keeper Leela Miller is back in Massey Falls. Her mom passed away last spring, and she's home taking care of her ailing father. Now, Leela is desperate to fill Mom’s shoes in the Ladies’ Auxiliary by chairing the Cookie House fundraiser. The hitch: mean-eyed Mrs. Coldicott refuses to host the event at her Society Row
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Cookie House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Cookie House

Start your review of The Christmas Cookie House: A Sweet Holiday Romance (Christmas House Romances Book 1)
Julie Carpenter
4.5*

It's story time with Julie and her rambling thoughts! When the author first wrote this book last year and did the cover reveal in her newsletter, I kept looking at the cover thinking something was familiar. I knew that house! But you know, what are the chances of actually knowing the house or the people on a book cover. Right?! But I kept staring at the house and kept thinking it is random but I know that house. Well after my stare down with the cover I started to read through the author's
Katie W
It's no secret that I'd rather read than watch TV or movies, but a book that reads just like a Hallmark movie is a definite bonus. I love getting that feel-good fix that the Christmas season brings and this story brings a lot of holiday feels.

Leela is under pressure to find a location for the annual Cookie House fundraiser and has the perfect place--the Layton mansion. A load of complications arise, making this book full of drama, ingenuity, and a budding romance.

These characters are quirky
Pascale
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a clean, adult romance. There is some humour in it. It’s definitely a Hallmark Christmas movie type of romance story. A little bit cheesy, candy sweet. It was cute.
Jessie
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this story when it was published a year or two ago. It's been edited, some of the characters have different names, and there are a few new scenes. The parts I loved are still there, and it's worth reading the new version, if you caught it the first time too.

Leela Miller is trying to live up to her mother's legacy of service through the Ladies' Auxiliary in Massey Falls. When the organizer of the annual cookie house fundraiser has to bow out for health reasons, Leela volunteers to take her
Bernadette Cinkoske
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Cookie House by Jennifer Griffith would make a great Hallmark Christmas movie. I loved this book! Both Leela and Jay seemed so realistic to me. They are both dealing with issues but work together to try to solve their problems. What an awesome antagonist - mean spirited, manipulative and much worse. Even the cookies seem to be a character in this story - expect major cravings. I love how Ms. Griffith resolved all the issues with a perfect ending! Everyone got their just desserts!
Paula
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Leela and Jay discover treasure and not just in the attic. Loved how they were connected to each other. A really sweet romance with a bit of mystery as well as a villain. The author made me feel as if I was there eating the cookies and making discoveries alongside the characters.
MaryEllen
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the main characters, the cousins of Leela that we meet, and the unselfishness spoken of about the family members we don't get to meet.
Yeah, they were just as important to the story as the rest.

I was not expecting the antagonists to be so... ick... but that worked out well, too.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Even though I’ve been reading Christmas Romances for the past few months like crazy for both NetGalley commitments for the blog and for personal enjoyment I have to say that THE CHRISTMAS COOKIE HOUSE put a big ol’ smile on my face and definitely kicked up my Christmas spirit by several degrees. And now I can’t wait to dive into the other two (so far) stories that make up this series to experience that level of Christmas joy once again.

This is a quick story that could
Paula
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Griffith writes feel good while you read and afterwards too kind of stories. Christmas Cookie House does follow that rule except it begins with one Auxiliary member, Una Mae Coldicott doing her best imitation of Scrooge. I disliked her before I had finished reading the first page. Which only served for me in rooting for Leela Miller even more. However, I couldn’t help but feel that there was more going on than a Cookie Fundraiser with that villain of a women, Sure enough it does come ...more
Becky Macy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, and I read it quickly, to see how it turned out in the end!
This is a fun story about Leela, whose mother died in the spring, and she is trying to get into the Ladies Auxiliary by chairing the Cookie House fundraiser, to honor her mother. She is trying to find a venue for fundraiser and thinks of the Layton Mansion, so goes by it, trying to see what it looks like, inside. She falls, while looking in an upper window, and someone rushes out of the house when they hear a loud sound. The
Elda
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all the sweet romances that I have read that have been written by Jennifer Griffith. And I double love her sweet clean Christmas romance such as this one. It won’t be hard to guess at who the lovely couple is going to be, but you would never guess the ‘how’. This one couldn’t be better. Besides the romance, we have a terrific venue of a beautiful mansion in a small town at Christmas time. We also have an ‘icky’ antagonist which couldn’t have been more ‘icky’. And we also have COOKIES! ...more
Nancy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my second time reading and enjoyed it just as much. Leela came home when her mother passed to help care for her father. While trying to keep her Mothers memory alive by joining the Women's Auxillary and heading the cookie bake sale and Holiday Ball, she is constantly meeting resistance from the president because Leela won't date her son.. But is that the only reason. Leela and Joe, who inherited his uncles estate, might just find more than each other in cleaning the house and attic.
Ballet in AK
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Christmas Cookie House by Jennifer Griffith (5 stars)

Humor is difficult to write, but Ms. Griffith’s sense of humor shines through all the pages of his book: from clever dialogue to quirky characters to funny confrontations with crazy ladies! (Plus there’s an Easter egg in this book-keep an eye out for it!)

If you are going to choose one Christmas book to read this year, this is the one! You’ll be left with a big smile on your face (and some ginger snap cookies in your tummy).

*poor, **ok,
Pat Christie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ebook

He’s the nephew, he wants to cell the inheritance so he can buy into a veterinarian practice. She’s trying to continue her Mom Christmas cookie sale. She needs his house, he needs her help to sell, but they find more than junk in the attic....
Karen Ball
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gingersnaps

Loved the whole concept. Romance, secrets, jealousy, triumph, food.
Characters were so real and likeable, except the mother and son. Who cares?
Jackie
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun sweet story. It would make a fun Hallmark movie! Leela and Jay make a cute couple. It's a quick read and a good Christmas story.
Donna Campbell
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story.

While I really enjoyed this story, I found it a little cheesy. The characters were great and I loved the humor. This is a sweet, clean romance.
Michelle
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting holiday story

I can not tell you how much I enjoyed this enchanting story. It's Goldberg holiday spirit, genuine characters, an a truly original plot.
Ashley Harris
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story for Christmas

This was a great and sweet story to help get you in the mood for Christmas. And for cookies! Well done Jennifer Griffith!
Stacy
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet holiday romance

This was a perfect holiday story. Nothing like trying to save a holiday party against all odds. Maybe even a little romance along the way.
Shelby
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, sweet holiday story. I wouldn't mind revisiting this quick read every year to get into the Christmas spirit!
Terressa
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story! I’d love to see the house that inspired this story.
Maria Thomas
This was a sweet novella. The romance was fast paced since the story took place in just a matter of weeks. And as fast paced as the romance was, the story seemed to slow to a crawl for Jay to figure out the issues with the deals he was making. Talk about dense. Dude, if something seems to good to be true, if someone is trying to push you to make the deal quickly, if your gut says no, THOSE ARE ALL SIGNS TO WALK AWAY! Ha ha. It wasn't really that long obviously but it seemed like forever for him ...more
Barbara Hackel
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A near Christmas setting for a sweet romance, filled with family, memories, and some unpleasant characters, is just the story to make you want an old fashioned Christmas. The surprises our main characters Jay and Leela find every step of the way from beginning to end are both predictable and astonishing. The characters are people that you would like to know for the most part. (Nobody wants to know the "icky" ones!) The author has created a town, a house, a service project, and people that makes ...more
Lisa
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Christmas Cookie House is a charming sweet read. Leela desperately needs to find a venue for the annual Cookie House fundraiser in order to continue her mother's legacy. Jay needs to fulfil the terms of his uncle's will so he can sell the house and move away. They both have the same deadline. Helping each other brings more than one surprise.
This book would make a perfect, feel good Christmas movie. It has great characters, both good and bad, and cookies
too. I recommend you curl up with a
Mamareader
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the writing style of Jennifer Griffith, I enjoy getting sucked into a good story. “The Christmas Cookie House” did not disappoint, the relationship between Jay and Leela grows showing their character. This is a sweet HEA, perfect for Christmas....or anytime.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Gina
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolute joyous story to get you in the mood for Christmas. With lines like "His kiss swept her from the warm kitchen to the North Pole, with a full view of Santa’s workshop" who can resist. Wonderful. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Mary Rautmann
Dec 10, 2019
Bella
Dec 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Clause in Christmas (A Poppy Creek Novel, #1)
  • An Heirloom Christmas: A Small-Town Christmas Romance Novel
  • Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)
  • It Happened on Christmas Eve
  • The Housekeeper's Billionaire Boss: A Caprock Canyon Romance Book Three
  • The Marquess Who Kissed Me
  • The Double Date Disaster (Do-Over Date Series: Second Chance Clean Romances Book 2)
  • Liam's Invented I-Do: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 3)
  • Love & Peace
  • Best Friends with an Alaskan Man (An Alaska Romance Series Book 2)
  • Cowboys Don't Marry Their Enemy (Sweet Water Ranch Western Cowboy Romance Book 9)
  • Five Bloody Hearts (DCI Matt Ballard, #2)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • The Winter Mystery (Jenny Starling, #2)
  • Catch a Falling Star: Hudson Brothers Romance (The Royal Palm Resort Book 4)
  • Warlord's Shadow (The Aermian Feuds #4.5)
  • A Mail Order Bride for his Montana Heart
  • Santa Cam (A MyHeartChannel Romance)
Do you love free e-books? Check out my website to see how to get a free copy of my book ASKED & ANSWERED. http://authorjennifergriffith.com

I love a story that ends with a kiss, whether it's a book or a movie. That's the big payoff! So that's the kind of books I like to write, and I call my style "cotton candy for the soul"-- light, sweet, gone. We all need a little escape from reality for a