Start by marking “The Christmas Bachelor Auction” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Bachelor Auction

The Christmas Bachelor Auction

Bidding at a bachelor auction is just asking for trouble...

Cara Marconi promised to bid at her town’s charity bachelor auction, but never with any intention to win. So, when she accidentally bids too high and wins her best friend’s brother, she’s a little freaked out. Mostly because of that one time they kissed and never spoke of it again.

Justin Riggs was expecting to chap
Published November 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Bachelor Auction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Bachelor Auction

Start your review of The Christmas Bachelor Auction
Melissa
This is well written and has a nice flow. I just didn't think there was anything amazing or heart tugging or brilliant. It was just a story about a girl and boy who have had a crush on each other forever and finally make love a priority. It was a nice read. ...more
ضحى الحداد
Oct 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
I really don't know why I bothered with these books
So the story is about Cara who is in love with Justin her friend's brother, but when she tells him she loves him he flips her off and travels, then he returns five years later and decides he loves her for some reason
I don't like this trope ( either the second chance, or the best friend brother ) so this one was a no no for me
Rhondia Cannon
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! A Christmas bachelor auction brings Cara and Justin back together after many years of absence. Cara had made her feelings known and Justin ran. Now they're accidentally stuck with each other for several days. Cara holds back for fear of repeating the past. Justin is finally seeing things clearly, but it might be too late. I loved this funny, sweet holiday romance. The characters were entertaining and relatable. I received an advance reader copy of this book and this is my honest ...more
Tess
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story! Great quick, sweet read.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists,
and/or authors, including Netgalley. I am not required to write positive
reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this
in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.
Vibliophile
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) - Now I regret putting off reading this one!

I wasn't that drawn in by the premise of this story when I first saw it, and decided to read some other books instead. I should have known better - Rachel John's books are always entertaining.

I love the way the author interplays Cara's perspective with Justin's - you can totally see how they each arrive at the mistaken conclusions they make. It's not funny, but at the same time, it is.

I don't generally like miscommunication stories, but th
Desiree
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, clean, fun holiday romance

I loved this quick read so much. I'm disappointed there wasn't another in this series. I've enjoyed both in this series. I thought the h was adorable. Both the h & H were written as relatable & genuine. Nothing in the story or characters felt cookie cutter, too perfect or cheesy. This is set at Christmas time but I read it in March and it was just as fabulous. I likes the way Rachel John wrote their path towards romance & their obstacles. Being a novella you can
Maria
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet second chance romance!

Cara has been in love with her best friend Laurie's brother Justin since elementary school. Justin is a travel photographer. Five years ago before he left on his first assignment, Cara told Justin how she felt and they kissed and then he pushed her away.

Five years later he has come home and agrees to be part of the bachelor auction in order to raise money for a new roof for the senior center. Cara bids on him at the auction and wins. They have vouchers to go on sever
Krista
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute, quick and fun read with likable characters. I do wish the ending had been longer and more detailed. Would have liked to have read more about their relationship and more Christmas-y stuff in this story. Overall this story was entertaining though. Looking forward to continuing reading books by Rachel John.
Heather Green
Feb 14, 2021 rated it liked it
A quick, clean holiday read

It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible. Likeable characters. Some confusing transitions that could have been fleshed out more for easier, better informed reading. Im not sorry I read it, but I probably wouldn't read it again. Appropriate for any audience.
ReadingInThe6ix
Cute, pretty short, sweet read. Nothing overly memorable about it though. Justin and Cara were both likeable, but it felt like things progressed at warp speed considering they hadn’t seen each other or spoken in 5 years. It went from reunion to love declarations and life changes within a couple of weeks (and only a handful of interactions).
Jill
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute story!
Though not a fast-paced story, The Christmas Bachelor Auction was a fun read. Full of attraction, meddling neighbors, and plenty conflict preventing a happily ever after. I'm so glad Justin & Cara found their happiness!
Teya Teya
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun Christmas and sweet story. He leaved to be good enough for her. She was angry he left. He comes back and show her how much he does love her. I love the end though it seemed a little quick that she trusted the way she fought it the whole time, but it was still a sweet story.
Jeri Smith
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review of The Christmas Bachelor Auction

This was a very good book and I will recommend her books to anyone who loves romance novels. She keeps you involved from page one until the end.
Rachael
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun little Christmas romance

The Christmas Bachelor Auction was a cute, sweet romance. I liked the main characters Cara and Justin and the friendship they shared growing up. The story moved at a good pace and the ending was sweet.
Tamera Westhoff
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Romance

I loved Justin and Cara’s story! She’s been in love with him forever and kisses him before he leaves. He remembers the kiss very well! She “buys” him in the Bachelor Auction and it gets super cute from there!
Bessie
Dec 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Sweet seasonal short story

It was a nice easy reading. Relatable characters and it helps that their story already has a past to help establish their sweet story. If you want a seasonal, short, romantic and clean (non-explicit) story this is a good pick.
Aimee Blackard
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fun story!

I love how Rachel John's books can make you feel so many emotions right along with the characters. This book was no exception! Such a great story! I am looking forward to the next in the series!
Bonnie
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A second chance Christmas romance

Rachel John writes wonderfully sweet romances that have no lag time or long self dialogs, thank you. These stories are sweet, second chance romances worth reading.
Evelyn
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. The characters were lovable and fun. I'm looking forward to more from this author. ...more
Martha
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, fiction, romance
Patricia
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, clean story.
Jenny
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I usually really like Rachel John’s books. I didn’t like this one.
Cici
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of fun

This is a sweet story of longing. The characters have back stories that are interesting. And the emotional angst is good
Marie
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute but nothing special really.
Maria Thomas
Cute little second chance romance story. It is clean. A little predictable but not completely. Could be the plot for a Hallmark movie.

No sex, language or violence
Mindie
Dec 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Christmas Bachelor Auction

Cute, seasonal read. I read this all in on night. Clean, cute, and at times, laugh out loud funny. A great read for a cold winter day.
RD
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable quick read! I loved the personalities of the main characters and the humor and chemistry were fabulous!
Darla Damron
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and enjoyable story!
Mary Ann
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful personalities make this a fun red and proves it is never too late to rectify old misunderstandings!
Mary
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
Cute and fllirty quick romance. I enjoyed it!

• (Not So) Alone for Christmas
  • The Christmas Letters
  • First Kiss Train Wreck (Shaped by Love #3)
  • Oh, Keep Your Shirt On (Shaped By Love #2)
  • The Twelve Holidates: a Sweet Christmas RomCom Novella (Love Clichés, #4)
  • Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés #3)
  • Give Me One Good Reason (Shaped By Love, #4)
  • Falling for Your Boss (Love Clichés, #2)
  • A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • A Man Worth Shaving For (Shaped By Love #1)
  • If It's Perfect (The Wedding Business #1)
  • Starlight and Mistletoe
  • Kiss Me Now: A Romantic Comedy
  • Sugarplums and Mistletoe (Christmas in Willow Falls Book 2)
  • Love Redesigned
  • How to Not Fall for Your Ex
  • Oops, I Kissed Him Again: A Maple Creek Romantic Comedy
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
Rachel John is the author of books filled with awkward humor and sigh-inducing romance. When not burning dinner or chasing kids, Rachel can be found working on family history, writing, reading, or putting off writing by staring at Facebook. She lives in Arizona with her husband, four crazy kids, and her desert tortoise.