Start by marking “El Bosque de Las Cosas Perdidas” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
El Bosque de Las Cosas...

Shea Ernshaw

El Bosque de Las Cosas Perdidas

Only Nora Walker knows the truth. She has always shared a special connection with the woods. And it's this special connection that leads Nora to Oliver Huntsman--the same boy who disappeared from the Camp for Wayward Boys weeks ago--and in the middle of the worst snowstorm in years.
Paperback
Expected publication: May 30th 2020 by Urano (first published November 5th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about El Bosque de Las Cosas Perdidas, please sign up.
Mara YA Mood Reader It’s not clear but highschool is mentioned and they main characters act about age 16-18
Stephanie It's set in our present day world. Whether you would term it a magical version of our world depends entirely on whether you things ghosts or witches…moreIt's set in our present day world. Whether you would term it a magical version of our world depends entirely on whether you things ghosts or witches actually exist, I suppose. I feel safe marking this as magical realism.(less)

Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My teeth are tattering, carrying three different blankets on my shoulders and turning myself into human burrito, still trembling, shaking, feeling the cold in my body and in my soul at the same time after reading this so dark, intense, thrilling, nerve bending, fascinatingly told witch a.k.a Walker a.k.a Moon Girl and lonely, abandoned, sad, sweet green eyed boy’s heart wrenching, bleak, unique love story!

Look at this dark, gorgeous cover which makes you want to lose yourself into those haunted
jessica
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow. this story is hauntingly gorgeous, enchantingly mysterious, and supernaturally lovely. this is a magical slow-burn that will have you believing in the inexplicable and admiring the unexpected. i think this book has cast its own spell on me because i honestly cant get over how bewitching the connection between nora and oliver is.

there are some aspects of the story i found to be predicable, but the predicability comes from a place of feeling like i cleverly picked up on the authors subtle
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
November Owlcrate Unboxing! They out freaking did themselves. Click on GOODIES LINK under the pic to see the GOODIES!

GOODIES LINK

Mel
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-books
The ending made the whole book. Quiet, slow, and intense, with a touch of cold magic. Like a fairy tale.
Chelsea Humphrey
Uff. I really wanted to give this one a higher rating, because the writing is just so beautiful and atmospheric, but the predictability of the plot and the gaping holes in character development left me wanting more. I have heard that the final copy will be different from the ARC I received, and I'm very excited to see what changes are made. It's quite clear that the author is immensely talented, and I enjoyed the dark, oppressive setting so much that I've grabbed her first book from the library ...more
Cassie
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is simply beautiful.

It is a slow burn fairy tale-esque sort of story and I loved it. Nora and Oliver’s story is so, so, so lovely. The setting is rich in atmosphere and is magnificent. The writing is exquisite and lyrical. I loved this story so much.

Expect this story to be slow, but it will absolutely tug at your heart, burrow deep into your soul, and stay there for many moons to come.

I was greedy and requested it from Netgalley first and then Edelweiss. They both came through and
arini ★彡

this was such a perfect winter read. i was truly in awe with how hauntingly beautiful and atmospheric the writing was, but everything else just fell nothing short of dull. there were also quite a number of repetition of information and sayings which detracted me from the story. i think the young adult me wouldve appreciated this book more than the new adult me.

the characters lacked some depths. if anything i was more enraptured by the wicker woods itself than any of the characters. nora and
Candace Robinson
Let me just say how much I loved The Wicked Deep. LOVED IT! So I was super anxious to get my hands on the author's next stand alone book. More witchy magic!! Oh, and some creepy woods!

Ernshaw just knows how to write so freaking well. I love her words as much as Brenna Yovanoff's, where it sucks me right in and doesn't let go until the end. This book had everything—magic, romance, mystery, and a unique world with great atmospheric scenes.

I liked Nora and Oliver both equally, and found their
Julie Zantopoulos
"A sleeping forest will allow safe passage. But if it wakes, be prepared to run."

In Shea's sophomore novel we follow Nora who is a Walker witch and has always lived near the Wicker Woods and the lake that borders it. The Walker witches are as old and talked about as the woods, as mysterious and dark. The kids at the camp for wayward boys across the lake whisper about the witches who lure boys away and bury them under their floorboards, about the women whose lovers all die and who never leave,
Mara YA Mood Reader
I kiss a boy who’s been to the farthest, deepest edge of the Wicker Woods and returned, who tastes like the violent winds that settle over the lake in winter. A boy who is more forest than flesh

What would you do if you found a missing boy in the woods? Snowed in, cold, left to fend for yourself, outcasted and so alone? And you found something that could be yours.

Finders keepers

My lost item found in the woods. Who is now more forest than boy

Nora is a lonely, isolated girl who lives in a lonely,
alana ♡
"Others look at me and see a witch. A girl who is dangerous and fearless and full of dark thoughts. But they don't see the parts of me I keep hidden."

Well folks, she did it again.
Welcome to another beautiful world written by Shea Ernshaw.

Winterwood was one of my most anticipated reads for the second half of 2019 and it definitely didn't let me down. It also further solidified that I have a new auto-buy author who is going to steal all my money in the future, but it's fine, totally fine. I
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
I absolutely loved The Wicked Deep, so I have been anxiously waiting for Winterwood... Unfortunately, it was a disappointment. The book dragged on, there was a lot of repetition, the characters were all one dimensional, and I figured out where the story was going within the first few chapters.

I do think the author is a talented writer, and the story had a lot of potential, but it just didn't work. 2 stars.
Brianna
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 stars!

Oooo I really enjoyed this book! The first few pages caught my attention right away and I was sucked in so fast. I love books that can grab your attention immediately! It was a real page turner too!

I loved Nora and Oliver. They both seemed like lost souls and found themselves in each other and it was beautiful.

I honestly didn’t see the multiple plot twists coming! I was guessing and guessing what could have possibly happened and I was never right lmao. I also didn’t see that ending
✨Brithanie Faith✨
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5/5 stars .5

e-ARC provided by NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start this review by saying that Shea Ernshaw could continue to write stories about witches for the rest of her career and I would continue to devour them as they became available to me!

This spellbinding tale following the Walker women (mainly Nora) and their connection to the enchanted forest near their home would have been enough to keep me hooked from page one, but throw in the mystery
Lisa Wolf
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rounding up from 3.5 stars.

It's interesting that the blurb mentions Practical Magic -- I definitely got an Alice Hoffman vibe while reading this story. The language is very lyrical and has that tinge of magic that elevates it above ordinary storytelling.
Walkers cannot trust our own hearts -- our slippy, sloppy bleeding hearts. They are reckless, stupid things. Muscles that beat too fast, that cave inward when they break. Too fragile to be trusted.

The plot itself has a haunting setting -- an
MariaWitBook
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most beautiful love story I read this year!
Angela Staudt
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Because I am more darkness than girl. More winter shadows than August sunlight. We are the daughters of the wood, my grandmother would whisper.”

So, I read this book in one sitting because the writing draws you in and you don’t want to leave this captivating world. I loved Shea Ernshaw’s The Wicked Deep, so I had quite a good feeling this one would be just as good or even better.

Nora Walker our main character is a witch, just as all the Walker women are. They each have a special magical skill,
TheYALibrarian
Lara
My review

After experiencing the illuminative fairytale that was Ernshaw’s Wicked Deep, and being positively surprised by the eeriness of the atmosphere and winsome romance in the book, I expected a similar impression to be made from November’s release Winterwood. This book, although with a similar concept and the idea just didn’t sit right with me - realizing that I was encompassed by a sense of not quite disappointment, more of a dull indifference, which was a shame considering I see this as a
Tara ☽
Jul 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Me without this book in my hands? A crime.
Vee_Bookish
Winterwood really captures the feeling of late 2000s YA, where insta-love was everywhere and every protagonist seemed to spend a whole book whining about how hard their life was. Thw Walker women are incredible witches, gothic and mysterious with unusual abilities, able to charm bees, cry lakes and whisper to spiders. Unfortunately we get saddled with Nora, who is bloody annoying.

The story is vaguely (very vaguely) similar to Beware The Wild, a 5 star read where people go missing in a small town
✨Arielle✨
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edit 2: Shea liked this review. This is now a blessed review. Anyone reading this has my permission to take pictures of their baby next to this review.

Edit: Oh. My. God. We have a cover AND a release date!!! Thank you book lords
---
I'm going crazy waiting for more details, more pleeaseee
Tina
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in approximately 12 hours. Enough said? What beautiful writing and a true page turner. Why can’t good books last forever?
I love the movie Practical Magic and I totally felt those vibes in this book.
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
DNF at page 251

Another case of a gorgeous cover but bad story.

I thought that Ernshaw's debut, The Wicked Deep, was middling. I liked it, but I didn't like lots of other aspects. Such as, it was so romance-y. Which isn't what I like in my books. Some romance is totally fine and I do enjoy it, but I can't handle plots that hinge around plots, the romance makes up all the plot, and the characters are only important because of romance.

And this is the book where that happens.

The plot is... well I
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
This 5-star rating surprised me. I’ll have to write a full review tomorrow. Right now, I’m just cozily basking in the ending of that book.
Crystal Cline
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own-read
I loved this story! So unique and full of surprises! I was so frustrated at certain parts, and so happy and hopeful during others. I loved Nora and Oliver’s relationship and how it changed and shifted throughout the story. So good!!
Beth
I was so looking forward to reading this and I think my expectations may have been a little to high?

I have to say that I loved how atmospheric this book was, it just seemed like a place you could step into and it was beautifully told.

The thing that I’ve been a bit meh about is that I’m not really fond of the ending and parts were very very slow where I just wanted something more? I’m okay with “slow” books as long as something is happening or building into something but it didn’t really feel
Laura Ungureanu
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
This book is simply addictive. I couldn't stop, ending up reading 200 pages in a day, which is huge for me. The author's writing style flows as easily as poetry. There were no moments of boredom, everything qas incredibly fast-paced. I'm just going to put The Weeked Deep on my tbr list, where it should have been all along. I didn't expect to like this book at all, but now I feel like I need more books like this one. Isolated cities, witches, creepy forest, let the recommendations come!
Nora
Cindee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: january-2020-tbr
I loved this book so much it was way better than the first book the author wrote it had a great mystery and paranormal element I loved everything about the story. I really loved the characters especially Nora and Oliver I liked how their relationship progressed not too slow or too fast. I really enjoyed the mystery surrounding Oliver and the forest what it ended up being was surprising and not at all predictable. I really enjoyed the plot of the book it starts out pretty much as a mystery about ...more
Arielle Walker
I rather enjoyed The Wicked Deep, in a summer-read casual kind of way. All salt-encrusted eerieness to balance out the fact that it wasn't exactly groundbreaking.

I expected Winterwood to be at least the same, if not better - after all, I'm almost as much of a sucker for the forest as I am for the sea.

But not so.

There were two major problems I had with the book: one eyeroll-worthy (knock off a star) and one I can't forgive (knock off all the stars, should not have bothered finishing, wanted to be

• The Bone Houses
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • I Hope You Get This Message
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Henderbell: The Shadow of Saint Nicholas
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • Collateral Damage
  • The Wickerlight (The Wren Hunt, #2)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • The Okay Witch
  • Crown of Oblivion

Shea Ernshaw is the New York Times Bestselling author of THE WICKED DEEP and WINTERWOOD. She is a 2019 Oregon Book Award winner and her debut novel, The Wicked Deep, was an Indie Next Pick.
She often writes late, late, late into the night, enjoys dark woods, scary stories and moonlight on lakes.

You can connect with her here:
www.sheaernshaw.com.
www.twitter.com/SheaErnshaw
“Perhaps it's easier: being alone. Building walls. A solitary life with no one to lose. No one to break your heart.” 8 likes
“It's like a fairytale suspended in time-the princess forgotten, the hero eaten whole by a noble Fir goblin. The story ended, but no one remembered to burn the haunted forest to the ground.” 7 likes