Start by marking “Unexpected (Love in LA, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected (Love in LA, #1)

Unexpected

(Love in LA #1)

Alexis

I will not sleep with my daughter's new nanny, no matter how hot he is.

And boy is he. Preston Hawthorne looks like he'd be more at home on a Hollywood set than playing dress-up with my daughter. But he dotes on her, bringing a sense of calm and order to our home. And the way he looks at me, the way he makes me feel is…unexpected. As if I might spontaneously combust.
Expected publication: December 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected

Start your review of Unexpected (Love in LA, #1)
Kimberly Chambers
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Y’all. This book was BRILLIANTLY written. The story, the passion, every single thing about this book I loved.

Preston and Alexis were EVERYTHING. Gahhhhhhh I can’t even tell you how much I freaking enjoyed this book.

As much as I wanted to devour this book, I didn’t. I read it slow, and soaked in each page. From Chapter 1, I was hooked. #hooklineandsinker

Sophia, Hunter, Lauren all the extra people in this book played a significant role.

This book is available December 12, and when I say you
✨The Quick & Dirty Bibliophile✨
Review forthcoming
Gemma
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected by Jenna Hartley is an age-gap, single parent/nanny, contemporary romance novel that I devoured in less than two days. I was instantly intrigued from the, since its a fresh twist on the single parent/nanny trope.

The characters in the book were very well developed. I felt like I could relate to most of them on some level. Alexis, the heroine is a strong AF single mom. She's successful in her career, and incredibly confident on the outside. However, she struggles with a lot of the same
Amber
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

I loved this book! I love reading forbidden romances and this one was done very well! An older woman and a manny! Where can you go wrong? Alexis is a divorced older woman who is single and hires a nanny (last minute) who ends up being the manny...giving you the oh so swoon worthy, Preston! He eases his way into Alexis and his daughters life and literally rocks Alexis' world! Since she's an older woman, she lacks some confidence because she feels she's too old for Preston he is quick to
Josie Ochoa
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This debut novel by Jenna Hartley is steamyyyy. It has a great storyline mixed in and I really enjoyed it. Its not every day you read a book with a manny. An amazing older woman younger man book ...more
Holly Bonnell
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three words: 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘺. 𝘏𝘰𝘵. 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘺!!

This book was just the feel-good romance that I needed in my life. Alexis is a strong-willed, hardworking, single mother who doesn’t need a man or love to complete her. That is until Preston crashes into her life to be the “manny” to her daughter, Sophia. Will she be able to resist her temptations or will she mix work with pleasure?

This book made me happy guys. The book is so cute and the characters are lovable. I mean Sophia is legit daughter goals! Also can we
Angela McClellan
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy macaroni! This is a slow burn that will have your heart pumping and your skin sizzling with the connection Alexis and Preston have! Un-put-down-able is what this beauty is! Their push pull relationship will have you gritting you’re teeth and yelling at your phone... This book has so many ups and downs... Secrets and past experiences... Throw in a psycho ex and you have something so Unexpected you don’t know how to cope!! A must read y’all!
Sarah Pie
Sunny Shelly Reads
Danielle Melo (Woodside)
Lindsay
Nov 26, 2019

• In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Shipley's Secrets
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Scandal Queen (Tabloid Princess #2)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Due South (The Compass #5)
  • When Ashes Fall
  • The Club: Obsession (The Club, #1)
  • Loyalty Card
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Throb (Life on Stage, #1)
  • My Heart (Bloody Business, #1)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarch, #3)
Contemporary romance author, Jenna Hartley writes about strong, independent women and the men who dare to love them. Her characters aren’t perfect; they're authentic. Her passion is to make their stories feel as real for readers as they do to her, infusing each one with sexy, sweet, and laughable moments that reflect real love.

When she's not writing, Jenna spends her days chasing after a hilarious

Love in LA (2 books)
  • Perspective (Love in LA, #.5)