Start by marking “What's Michael?, Vol. 1: Michael's Album” as Want to Read:
What's Michael?, Vol. 1: Michael's Album

What's Michael?, Vol. 1: Michael's Album

(What's Michael? #1)

Everyday cat and human interactions mingle with fantasy stories featuring the fat cat Michael and other felines.
Published April 15th 1997 by Dark Horse Manga (first published March 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about What's Michael?, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Michael?, Vol. 1

Start your review of What's Michael?, Vol. 1: Michael's Album
Sushi (寿司)
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Divertente rilettura. Ne lessi alcune storie sull'allora Kappa Magazine. Poi ho comprato l'unico volume uscito e questa possiamo dirla come terza rilettura.

Michael è un gattino davvero divertente. Peccaro che in Italia abbiano pubblicato solo il primo volume.
Amalia Nuraini
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lol, comic
The writer did know a lot about cat's behaviour. We will find so many detail about cat and the Japanese traditional culture. Perhaps for people who didn't really in to cats this comic is just an ordinary comic book about cat which more less like the Garfield story. But for cat lovers who definitely know about cat's activities and behaviour, this book is totally hilarious.
Summer
What's Michael? is an outstanding comic series and is the perfec thing to read when, say, you've just watched a very depressing and violent movie.
Charlotte
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a study in cat anthropology
Agewen Stifford
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can relate so much with this book since I'm a cat owner<3
Miléna A.
Apr 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dans la lignée de la littérature féline, je dois avouer que je n’ai pas spécialement été emballée par What’s Michael. Si j’ai bien saisi, Michael est un chat qui ne comprend que l’anglais et qui danse pour détourner l’attention quand il a raté une proie. Parfois c’est un aperçu réaliste de la relation entre chat et humain, parfois l’auteur part dans de grands délires et n'hésite pas à humaniser le chat. C’est drôle par moment mais ça ne m’a pas énormément fait rire. Bref, sans pour autant ...more
Hazel
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Cats aren't really my thing, but this collection of stories is definitely humorous and true to cat-kind. Strangely the panels have been converted so that they read from left to right instead of from right to left. I suppose that Dark Horse thought that the book would not sell well if they did not convert it, yet believed it was good enough to go through the expense of moving the panels. The drawings are pretty standard. They are plain and simple, and I don't see too much in the way of specific ...more
Raphaël
un manga très sympa autour des chats et notamment du fameux Michael, le chat qui danse pour se donner une contenance quand il a loupé une proie
très drôle, surtout pour ceux qui aiment et connaissent bien les chats
Guguk
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ceritanya gak berhubungan, kadang berhubungan~
Kadang Michael jadi milik keluarga A, kadang 'pindah' ke keluarga B, kadang Michael jadi business-cat yang baru pulang kantor~

Adegan favorit : pas Michael senam pita (^ww^)
Patricia
Oct 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Excellent depiction of cats in graphic novel form. I don't like people teasing cats, even in graphic novel form, so I was not a fan of a few of the stories (scaring Michael by wearing a Godzilla mask, for instance) but Kobayashi manages to capture the essence of cat wonderfully.
Lizzie
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I am not a comic book/graphic novel fan in general but "What's Michael?" hooked me. A friend shared this with me as I do like cats. I love the way the cats are drawn and the stories here are odd.
Karolina
Mar 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
At the very beginning I need to explain that I don't have a cat, but still I didn't find any kind of fun reading this book. Maybe it's just not my type. Maybe I need to buy a cat.
Boy J
Apr 25, 2015 added it
Fun and simply life style for Michael and family
Zirlygita
Jul 18, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: yang suka ( sekali ) kucing
buku yang detil, bener-bener tauk apa dan bagaimana kucing itu ! =oD
Silentstarlight
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This comic book series is wonderfully cute. People who are familiar with cats will be struck by how Kobayashi captures the essence of the behavior of both cats and the people around them. Adorable!
Lana
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious!!
Delphine
rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2017

• Nyankees, Vol. 4
  • The Rows of Cherry Trees
  • この世界の片隅に : 下
  • Citrus+ Vol. 1
  • アフターアワーズ 3 (After Hours, #3)
  • この世界の片隅に : 中
  • Bloom Into You (Light Novel): Regarding Saeki Sayaka Vol. 1
  • My Brother's Husband, Volume 2
  • Hanshin
  • My Brother's Husband, Volume 1
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 24: Hercule to the Rescue (Dragon Ball Z, #24)
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 25: Last Hero Standing! (Dragon Ball Z, #25)
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 14: Rise of the Machines (Dragon Ball Z, #14)
Makoto Kobayashi (小林 まこと Kobayashi Makoto) is a Japanese manga artist that is best known for his unusual drawing style. One of his most well known manga is "What's Michael?", a manga about a curious orange cat and his many adventures that is often compared with Garfield. His earliest work is "Grapple Three Brothers", which won the Shōnen magazine New manga artist award. He has twice won the ...more

What's Michael? (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • What's Michael?, Vol. 2: Living Together