Start by marking “The Christmas Deal” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Deal

The Christmas Deal

Will fake boyfriends become the real deal this holiday?

It’s the most wonderful time of the year—except ex-Marine Logan is jobless and getting evicted. Worse, he’s a new single dad with a stepson who hates him. A kid needs stability—not to mention presents under the tree—and Logan’s desperate.

Then he meets lonely Seth and makes a deal.

Can Logan temporarily pretend to be
Published November 14th 2019 by KA Books (first published November 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Deal

Start your review of The Christmas Deal
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

This is how you write a "gay for you" story without denying that bisexuality is a thing. So many GFY stories never so much as utter the word "bi," as if it were some dirty secret.

Logan thinks of himself as straight, even though he has enjoyed getting off with men in the past. I would say Logan is initially more-than-a-little-bicurious but purely heteroromantic. He doesn't deny that getting his dick sucked by a dude is hot, but he can't imagine having a relationship with a man, kissing a
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Keira Andrews never fails me, and The Christmas Deal delivered with a delicious opposites-attract, fake boyfriend, sexuality discovery story that made me want to squee and beg for more!

I heart holiday stories that make me happy, and though this book features two guys going through some rough times, the overall vibe is support and love. Ex-Marine Logan has such a wonderful family that it was a joy to read about, even with the drama with his step-son. I usually don't like kids or kid-drama in my
☆ Todd
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

A fun story about two very different guys who truly needed one another, even if they didn't realize it when they were first thrown together.

Uptight Seth had his shit together, with a nice house and a good job, but after being dumped by his longtime boyfriend a year ago and written off as dead by his conservative family, he was unhappy and floundering in his personal life.

On the other hand, ex-Marine Logan's life was pretty fucked up after being injured on the job, losing that job and his new
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Christmas Deal is a stand alone M/M holiday romance by Keira Andrews. This was my very first book by Keira and I loved it. This genre is fast becoming an obsession with me. I had been seeing this one in my news feeds and I couldn’t pass it up.

Logan Derwood is having a very bad year. After a serious accident, he lost his job. Now he’s being evicted from his apartment. He also has become a single step father to a very angry teen age boy. A boy who isn’t going to get any Christmas or even have
Martin
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an outstanding, amazingly beautiful Christmas romance. Absolutely spot on and perfect from beginning to end.

description

Logan and Seth are such a beautiful couple and even though the fake boyfriend trope has become so popular that it feels like every other book features it, it never gets old.

Seth has a very peculiar issue at work. His CEO puts great emphasis on families and expects an employee to be settled down and married in order to get a promotion to a higher management position. Seth is good
Richard Derus
What a fun read this was! I needed light, relatively undemanding reading...beats expected and delivered, an ending without angst, sentences that don't slap your nose off and command your undivided attention...I got all that, a sweet bisexual tough guy realizing he can fall in love with a man, and build himself a happy family to boot.

Not entirely happy, to be fair...there are people in the world who love their hate more than they love anyone or anything else. But those jackasses aren't in the
Fabi

Daaaaym, that was a good love story. I'm all kinds of warm and fuzzy.

This is an adult romance between two men who haven't had it easy in the past. Logan has suffered a severe accident in his previous job that has left him practically unemployable. To make it even worse, his hasty marriage afterwards has left him a widower in charge of a teenage stepson. Not far from being homeless, he accepts a crazy deal to get him through the holidays.

Seth's background is one of those horrific ones
Cadiva
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I've read some absolutely smashing Christmas books so far this year and now Keira's is currently sitting at the top of the tree.

This was so good, it had absolutely the right mix of festive cheer and sharp pain to stop it ever becoming overly cloying.

I absolutely love the fake boyfriend trope and here Keira gives it a fresh look with a sister accidentally setting up her friend and sort of boss at work with her down on his luck brother.

Throw a grieving stepson into the mix and you really have a
Sheri
Bingo! We have a winner, folks. Every December I stuff myself with holiday romances and sometimes, it’s hard to pick a favorite. I didn’t have that problem this year because The Christmas Deal swiftly soared to the top of my list. The circumstances that provoked this fake boyfriend scheme were rather irritating but I was grateful for whatever push brought these two together. First, we have Logan who is seriously down on his luck. Life has been kicking him in the pants and he just needs to catch ...more
Diana
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Christmas Deal by Keira Andrews is a sweet Christmas story about two men that are totally opposites, but find out that they are exactly what each other needs.

Seth needs a “fake boyfriend” to help impress his new boss to prove to her that he is a family man. Logan needs a place to live and regroup and begin to put his life in order for both himself and his stepson, Connor. Somehow, Logan’s sister, who is also Seth’s BFF, comes up with a plan that will help everyone out. What could possibly go
CrabbyPatty
In wrapping my head around doing this review, I realize there is an awful lot of backstory and so much happening in this book, but it doesn't feel that way. Andrews takes all those details - small or large - neatly tucks them together and weaves everything into a really charming holiday love story full of family and new beginnings.

Logan has an entire basketful of descriptors - ex-marine, injured railroad worker, widower, unemployed, single dad - but the bottom line is he's a good guy, struggling
Bev
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not bad at all, though a bit too sweet at times. Logan saved it for me by not pulling any ridiculous pushing away moves that could so easily have happened.

Snjez
Nov 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sadly, this one didn't work for me at all.

I don't think I liked any of the characters. I disliked Logan right from the start and that never changed. Jenna and Angela are the typical nosy and know-it-all female characters that I can't stand. Seth and Connor were likable in the beginning, but as the story progressed they kind of started to annoy me, too.

I couldn't connect to Logan or Seth and I personally didn't find their romance believable. It just felt convenient in more than one way. I didn't
Christelle
*3.5 stars*

Keira Andrews offers us, readers of MM romances, a sweet Christmas story, with low-angst and a “fake boyfriend” trope, involving :
• Logan, gruff but dependable, widowed after a short and loveless marriage and trying hard to find a job,
• Seth, well-mannered, a bit timid, very kind and lonely as his family nastily shunned him and his long-term boyfriend left him,
• and on the side, Connor, Logan’s stepson, an angry teenager, but who could blame him as he has to deal with growing,
Ariana
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*

What more could you ask of a Christmas-themed book?

Keira Andrew pretty much nails it for me:

.) Two lovable MCs:
A very sad and defeated Logan (and no wonder considering what’s going on in his life!) and very lonely and heart-broken Seth (that man is a total sweetheart).

.) a very Christmassy plot:
I liked the scenario, even if it is somewhat unlikely. I was completely happy to buy into it all and enjoyed it thoroughly.

.) a GFY
Well it’s not quite like that, but I think Logan makes it
Lisazj1
What a perfect Christmas story to start the season with! Despite the very real grief and guilt being experienced here, this story was sweet and adorable and full of all the feels. I loved everything about it!

Once again, thank you for the awesome gift Treat yo' (Sh)Elf, I loved this so much!!! <3
Lost in a Book
4 Stars

There aren’t many holiday books on the market that I really enjoy. I rarely read them anymore but I’m glad I took a chance on The Christmas Deal. We’ve got lots of goodies to enjoy in this book with a fake relationship, sexual discovery, bi-sexual character, and a sloooooooooooow burn relationship.

Seth needs a family to get a promotion and he’s in luck because it just so happens that his work friend has a brother (Logan) that’s a widower, a new step-dad, and about to be homeless. When
Susan

This was very lovely in places, but do have to say that I had a hard time liking Logan. It also felt a bit more serious than I expected.

Logan is jobless and almost homeless since he will be evicted in a couple of days. He has no idea what to do, and he also needs to take care of his 13 year old stepson. He was married to Connor’s mother for a few months when she died and now he is a single dad all of a sudden.

And Connor is not happy with Logan as a stepdad. He is a sullen teenager who
BWT (Belen)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not going to lie, the beginning of this had me worried. Logan took some warming up to, but what got me to my happy place is there is no massive miscommunication, there wasn't drama or manufactured angst, and can I get a hallelujah that Logan's bisexuality wasn't treated as "gay for you", but a learning process of acceptance?

All in all I really liked it, from the way the kid side is handled, to the side characters, who are wonderful, and Seth in his entirety *sighs*...plus I loved the dual
Vanna
4.5 Stars!!! LVED IT!! This was the perfect holiday romance story with wonderful MCs, a fake-boyfriend trope, a little angsty past and present for both and finally a beautiful ending highlighting what Christmas is all about.... a happy and content family
Logan is going through a tough time when we meet him, he's war vet but currently out of a job and soon to be evicted from his home. On top of everything, he is the sole guardian of his step-son Connor, who is very bitter towards him. The only
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Let's make a deal

That was an adorable story.

Seth and Logan make a deal to pose as a family for the holidays. Seth is looking for a promotion with a family oriented boss while Logan is looking for a break after losing his job and being evicted.
Let's just say they take the whole "fake it to you make it" to a whole new level.
I really enjoyed it.
Adam
So. Much. Christmas. It was lovely!

description

‘The Christmas Deal’ brings together two men who are less than happy about the most wonderful time of the year.

Logan is jobless and homeless. And he recently became a single father for a stepson who hates him.

Seth has a rough family past that ruined Christmas for him. And he needs to magically conjure up a loving home if he wants his family-centric boss to give him a promotion.

They’re perfect for each other - in more ways than they could know!

My heart went
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I absolutely adored this. I always love a good Kiera Andrews romance, and this one was no different. Since we are nearing the holidays, a good holiday romance is always fun to read.

Logan and Seth are both in a bit of a pickle. Logan, who has always saw himself as straight, even when he had sex with other men - newsflash, you ain't straight, Logan - who had a severe accident at his work about a year and a half to two years earlier, met a nurse named Victoria and fell for her quickly -
Steven
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020, naughty, mm
Really great story. I'm a little bit (read: a lot) in lust with Logan. And I'm a little bit like Seth myself, so that works out well, right?

I can't say no to a growly, fuzzy, muscly, broody, dominant man who likes to dirty talk. Just can't.
Leta Blake
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, Keira Andrews delivers all the Christmas feels with this full-length novel about fake boyfriends becoming real lovers. Logan and Seth are adorable and hot together. I was rooting for them from the first meet-cute!

Logan's family situation is as believable as it is fraught, and the way Keira handled writing his surly step-son is fantastic. As for Seth's family, they are wonderfully handled in a completely different way. I adored the full cast of characters in this book almost as much
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This was the best gift I could give myself for Christmas. What a beautiful story with multiple heartwarming facets to lift my spirits.

First and foremost, Ryan, who was kicked out of his family when he told them he was gay. He was living with his college boyfriend and didn't want to hide. They kicked him out on Christmas Eve. Now, years later, Brandon has also left him and he's lonely and still uptight about certain things: like cursing and having casual sex. Second, and equally important is
Kaje Harper
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet fake-to-real relationship book. Logan's had a run of horrible luck, from a devastating job injury that he was blamed for, to marrying his favorite nurse, only to find what they had as patient-caregiver didn't translate to love, to losing his wife and becoming sole parent to her young teen son. Now he can't find a job, he's being evicted, and he's struggling to cope with disaster. Then his sister embroils him in a scheme at her work-place that takes the pressure off, at least for a few ...more
Keira Andrews
Release day is here! Fa-la-la-la-la! I'm delighted with the early response to Logan and Seth's story, and I hope you enjoy it! Buy now or borrow in KU:

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2XaN2Tv
Amazon Universal: https://relinks.me/B0818WHJPN

Single dad
Fake boyfriends
Bisexual awakening
Warm and fuzzy holiday feels

It'll be in wide release after the first three months in KU. Happy holidays! <3
Ky
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

As usual with the Chistmas stories that feature a new relationship, things moved fast here. But the good thing is it wasn't very noticeable so didn't bother me.

Logan is at a very low point in his life: he has no money, no job, he's about to be evicted, he lost his wife a few months ago and he's responsible for a teenager that doesn't want to have anything to do with him. No matter how much he tries he can't find a silver lining in the situation he's in.

Seth is lonely after breaking up
Denise H.
Good job here by Keira Andrews, for our Christmas delight !

* Logan, 38, ex-military, Marine and stepson are in need. He's been recovering from all of his broken parts, and now is jobless, his wife had died suddenly, and he's raising a bitter Conner, 13. Top it off with his eviction, and he finally admits it to his sister, Jenny, with kids, married to Jun, who cares for their aging grandfather, Pop.

Jenny's friend needs help to clinch a promotion, so she offers her brother Logan for his fake
Turning Pages At ...: The Christmas Deal ( M/M Buddy Read) by Keira Andrews 30 14 Dec 18, 2019 05:26AM

• A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • No Place Like Home
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • A (Fake) Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • A Villain for Christmas
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what ...more
“This is awesome. It’s, like, a caper. Who doesn’t love a caper?” 0 likes