Start by marking “The Christmas Deal” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Deal

The Christmas Deal

Will fake boyfriends become the real deal this holiday?

It’s the most wonderful time of the year—except ex-Marine Logan is jobless and getting evicted. Worse, he’s a new single dad with a stepson who hates him. A kid needs stability—not to mention presents under the tree—and Logan’s desperate.

Then he meets lonely Seth and makes a deal.

Can Logan temporarily pretend to be
Published November 14th 2019 by KA Books (first published November 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Deal

Start your review of The Christmas Deal
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

This is how you write a "gay for you" story without denying that bisexuality is a thing. So many GFY stories never so much as utter the word "bi," as if it were some dirty secret.

Logan thinks of himself as straight, even though he has enjoyed getting off with men in the past. I would say Logan is initially more-than-a-little-bicurious but purely heteroromantic. He doesn't deny that getting his dick sucked by a dude is hot, but he can't imagine having a relationship with a man, kissing a
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Keira Andrews never fails me, and The Christmas Deal delivered with a delicious opposites-attract, fake boyfriend, sexuality discovery story that made me want to squee and beg for more!

I heart holiday stories that make me happy, and though this book features two guys going through some rough times, the overall vibe is support and love. Ex-Marine Logan has such a wonderful family that it was a joy to read about, even with the drama with his step-son. I usually don't like kids or kid-drama in my
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Christmas Deal is a stand alone M/M holiday romance by Keira Andrews. This was my very first book by Keira and I loved it. This genre is fast becoming an obsession with me. I had been seeing this one in my news feeds and I couldn’t pass it up.

Logan Derwood is having a very bad year. After a serious accident, he lost his job. Now he’s being evicted from his apartment. He also has become a single step father to a very angry teen age boy. A boy who isn’t going to get any Christmas or even have
Martin
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an outstanding, amazingly beautiful Christmas romance. Absolutely spot on and perfect from beginning to end.

description

Logan and Seth are such a beautiful couple and even though the fake boyfriend trope has become so popular that it feels like every other book features it, it never gets old.

Seth has a very peculiar issue at work. His CEO puts great emphasis on families and expects an employee to be settled down and married in order to get a promotion to a higher management position. Seth is good
☆ Todd
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

A fun story about two very different guys who truly needed one another, even if they didn't realize it when they were first thrown together.

Uptight Seth had his shit together, with a nice house and a good job, but after being dumped by his longtime boyfriend a year ago and written off as dead by his conservative family, he was unhappy and floundering in his personal life.

On the other hand, ex-Marine Logan's life was pretty fucked up after being injured on the job, losing that job and his new
Cadiva
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I've read some absolutely smashing Christmas books so far this year and now Keira's is currently sitting at the top of the tree.

This was so good, it had absolutely the right mix of festive cheer and sharp pain to stop it ever becoming overly cloying.

I absolutely love the fake boyfriend trope and here Keira gives it a fresh look with a sister accidentally setting up her friend and sort of boss at work with her down on his luck brother.

Throw a grieving stepson into the mix and you really have a
Ariana
*4,5 stars*

What more could you ask of a Christmas-themed book?

Keira Andrew pretty much nails it for me:

.) Two lovable MCs:
A very sad and defeated Logan (and no wonder considering what’s going on in his life!) and very lonely and heart-broken Seth (that man is a total sweetheart).

.) a very Christmassy plot:
I liked the scenario, even if it is somewhat unlikely. I was completely happy to buy into it all and enjoyed it thoroughly.

.) a GFY
Well it’s not quite like that, but I think Logan makes it
CrabbyPatty
In wrapping my head around doing this review, I realize there is an awful lot of backstory and so much happening in this book, but it doesn't feel that way. Andrews takes all those details - small or large - neatly tucks them together and weaves everything into a really charming holiday love story full of family and new beginnings.

Logan has an entire basketful of descriptors - ex-marine, injured railroad worker, widower, unemployed, single dad - but the bottom line is he's a good guy, struggling
Christelle
*3.5 stars*

Keira Andrews offers us, readers of MM romances, a sweet Christmas story, with low-angst and a “fake boyfriend” trope, involving :
• Logan, gruff but dependable, widowed after a short and loveless marriage and trying hard to find a job,
• Seth, well-mannered, a bit timid, very kind and lonely as his family nastily shunned him and his long-term boyfriend left him,
• and on the side, Connor, Logan’s stepson, an angry teenager, but who could blame him as he has to deal with growing,
Snjez
Nov 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sadly, this one didn't work for me at all.

I don't think I liked any of the characters. I disliked Logan right from the start and that never changed. Jenna and Angela are the typical nosy and know-it-all female characters that I can't stand. Seth and Connor were likable in the beginning, but as the story progressed they kind of started to annoy me, too.

I couldn't connect to Logan or Seth and I personally didn't find their romance believable. It just felt convenient in more than one way. I didn't
Vanna
4.5 Stars!!! LVED IT!! This was the perfect holiday romance story with wonderful MCs, a fake-boyfriend trope, a little angsty past and present for both and finally a beautiful ending highlighting what Christmas is all about.... a happy and content family
Logan is going through a tough time when we meet him, he's war vet but currently out of a job and soon to be evicted from his home. On top of everything, he is the sole guardian of his step-son Connor, who is very bitter towards him. The only
Lisazj1
What a perfect Christmas story to start the season with! Despite the very real grief and guilt being experienced here, this story was sweet and adorable and full of all the feels. I loved everything about it!

Once again, thank you for the awesome gift Treat yo' (Sh)Elf, I loved this so much!!! <3
BWT (Belen)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not going to lie, the beginning of this had me worried. Logan took some warming up to, but what got me to my happy place is there is no massive miscommunication, there wasn't drama or manufactured angst, and can I get a hallelujah that Logan's bisexuality wasn't treated as "gay for you", but a learning process of acceptance?

All in all I really liked it, from the way the kid side is handled, to the side characters, who are wonderful, and Seth in his entirety *sighs*...plus I loved the dual
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Let's make a deal

That was an adorable story.

Seth and Logan make a deal to pose as a family for the holidays. Seth is looking for a promotion with a family oriented boss while Logan is looking for a break after losing his job and being evicted.
Let's just say they take the whole "fake it to you make it" to a whole new level.
I really enjoyed it.
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I absolutely adored this. I always love a good Kiera Andrews romance, and this one was no different. Since we are nearing the holidays, a good holiday romance is always fun to read.

Logan and Seth are both in a bit of a pickle. Logan, who has always saw himself as straight, even when he had sex with other men - newsflash, you ain't straight, Logan - who had a severe accident at his work about a year and a half to two years earlier, met a nurse named Victoria and fell for her quickly -
Leta Blake
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, Keira Andrews delivers all the Christmas feels with this full-length novel about fake boyfriends becoming real lovers. Logan and Seth are adorable and hot together. I was rooting for them from the first meet-cute!

Logan's family situation is as believable as it is fraught, and the way Keira handled writing his surly step-son is fantastic. As for Seth's family, they are wonderfully handled in a completely different way. I adored the full cast of characters in this book almost as much
Adam
So. Much. Christmas. It was lovely!

description

‘The Christmas Deal’ brings together two men who are less than happy about the most wonderful time of the year.

Logan is jobless and homeless. And he recently became a single father for a stepson who hates him.

Seth has a rough family past that ruined Christmas for him. And he needs to magically conjure up a loving home if he wants his family-centric boss to give him a promotion.

They’re perfect for each other - in more ways than they could know!

My heart went
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This was the best gift I could give myself for Christmas. What a beautiful story with multiple heartwarming facets to lift my spirits.

First and foremost, Ryan, who was kicked out of his family when he told them he was gay. He was living with his college boyfriend and didn't want to hide. They kicked him out on Christmas Eve. Now, years later, Brandon has also left him and he's lonely and still uptight about certain things: like cursing and having casual sex. Second, and equally important is
Susan

This was very lovely in places, but do have to say that I had a hard time liking Logan. It also felt a bit more serious than I expected.

Logan is jobless and almost homeless since he will be evicted in a couple of days. He has no idea what to do, and he also needs to take care of his 13 year old stepson. He was married to Connor’s mother for a few months when she died and now he is a single dad all of a sudden.

And Connor is not happy with Logan as a stepdad. He is a sullen teenager who
Keira Andrews
Release day is here! Fa-la-la-la-la! I'm delighted with the early response to Logan and Seth's story, and I hope you enjoy it! Buy now or borrow in KU:

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2XaN2Tv
Amazon Universal: https://relinks.me/B0818WHJPN

Single dad
Fake boyfriends
Bisexual awakening
Warm and fuzzy holiday feels

It'll be in wide release after the first three months in KU. Happy holidays! <3
Catherine
A Christmas story with a fake boyfriend trope, a loveable but uptight nerd on the rebound, and a wounded, down on his luck Vet who is just trying to keep his head above water while navigating the whole "instant single dad" to a reluctant stepson thing?!

I. Am. Here. For. It!

Add in the fact that it's written by the incomparable Keira Andrews and I am one smitten kitten before I've even cracked open my Kindle.
Waleska 'Wally'
Sweet as Holidays Cookies

November 14, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
The Christmas Deal by Keira Andrews

The Christmas Deal by Keira Andrews is a sweet, touching and sexy, insta-love , MM Christmas Romance.

A light hearted yet emotional , angsty and poignant story. It's a perfect read to enjoy during the holidays.

My rating falls between a 3.5 to 4 stars .

Received an ARC through LesCourt and am leaving my unbiased opinion.
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, m-m
4.5 stars Logan is a single father, stepfather more accurately. Logan and his stepson Connor can’t seem to get along. Connor has a lot of anger towards Logan and blames him for his mothers' death.
Logan doesn’t know how to handle this angry boy and they bite each other constantly.
Logan feels a loser in life, been told more than once he is a loser. No job and now he's gonna lose their home.
Seth needs a fake boyfriend because... a boss who prefers family life, he needs promotion and he lied about
Melissa
LOVED THIS! I can be a bit Grinchy this time of year but this is what I needed to get me in the HOLIDAY SPIRIT!

Life can be unpredictable and shitty sometimes. That’s why Seth, Logan, and Logan’s stepson Conner find themselves dealing with loneliness and grief. But life can also dish up some happily ever afters and because of a caring sister and a batshit-crazy boss lady, Seth, Logan, and Conner unexpectedly find themselves thrown together pretending to be a happy family...except, of course, the
Didi
3.5 Stars rounded UP

What a nice surprise THE CHRISTMAS DEAL is. I didn’t expect to like the book this much, but loving it I did. I adore Seth and Logan! Heck, I liked most of the on-page characters; especially those who radiated toothy cheekiness that light-up the mood throughout the story.

THE CHRISTMAS DEAL is a standalone modern romance set on wintry New York state. A couple weeks before Christmas, widower Logan Derwood was jobless, about to be evicted, and his stepson acting out; while Seth
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Wow, I was not expecting The Christmas Deal to be so heart-warming and emotional, but author Keira Andrews took a somewhat overused troupe and penned quite a remarkable holiday love story. Down on his luck after losing his job, his wife, and soon his home, Logan agrees to be the fiancé of his sister’s co-worker Seth in order for Seth to obtain the promotion he really deserves. The thing is Logan, Seth, and Logan’s step-son, Connor, who he now has custody of following the death of his
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
I love when a book satisfies me so much I can’t read for 24 hours. I’m so pleased I need to joyfully wallow in what I’ve just read. Well, that’s what I expected and that’s what I got from Keira Andrew’s Christmas Deal.
Two likable protagonists.
A small well-used supporting cast.
The Christmas season as a backdrop but not overwhelming the story.
The book unfolded at a relaxed pace.
Backstories were not flashbacks but shared stories.
The romance slowly matured into a seriously hot situation.
This is
Bev
4.25 stars from me for this Christmas read from Keira.

Took me a long time to warm to Logan I have to admit, and the speed with which he and Seth said their I love you's was a little unnerving to be honest, especially as Logan had only just grudgingly accepted he was actually bisexual. Seth I loved as an MC, Connor had just lost his mum and was a teenager, so I cut him a lot of slack, and Jenna was a sister to be proud of. I thought they might have more problems with Mr Derwood [Logan and
Bitchie
Logan isn't just a guy down on his luck, his luck is absolute crap. Injured on the job, left holding the bag for an accident that wasn't his fault, with tons of injuries and medical bills, a quickie marriage to his nurse, followed by her sudden death, leaving him the sole person responsible for a 13 year old boy who hates him, he still can't find a job. Oh yeah, and he's just got evicted.

Yes, Logan's luck is in the sewer, it's so bad. Thank goodness for his sister Jenna, and her co-worker Seth.
Mwanamali
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute, m-m-romance
Could've used way more dirty talk. And way less 5 years later epilogue.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Turning Pages At ...: The Christmas Deal ( M/M Buddy Read) by Keira Andrews 21 13 1 hour, 27 min ago

• Mr. Right Now
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Twice Shy (New Milton #3)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • In This Bed of Snowflakes We Lie
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • No Place Like Home
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what ...more
“This is awesome. It’s, like, a caper. Who doesn’t love a caper?” 0 likes