Start by marking “Tikka Chance on Me” as Want to Read:
Tikka Chance on Me

Tikka Chance on Me

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,080 ratings  ·  270 reviews
He's the bad-boy biker. She's the good girl working in her family's Indian restaurant. On the surface, nothing about Trucker Carrigan and Pinky Grover's instant, incendiary, attraction makes sense. But when they peel away the layers and the assumptions--and their clothes--everything falls into place. The need. The want. The light. The laughter. They have more in common ...more
Published November 13th 2018 by Suleikha Snyder (first published November 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Tikka Chance on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tikka Chance on Me

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Tikka Chance on Me
Talia Hibbert
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was literally amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who likes putting words in their eyeballs-slash-ears.

Pinky and..... her Mr. T have a love story that manages to be dramatic, light-hearted, sexy, achingly romantic and extremely funny. It is like a comic book or a film in its boldness and the effortless way it weaves multiple tones together, which is funny because it also references comic books and films a lot. Everything is great and perfect, is what I’m saying here.

Now have
Hollis
Probably one of the shorter romance novellas I've read and oh boy could I have read so much more about these two.

Sharp, witty, with a dash of intensity, chockfull of pop-culture banter, emotion, and swoons. This was a bite of pure deliciousness. It was also my first read by Snyder but won't be my last.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳

SO. A bearded Captain America doppelgänger—the Chris Evans kind ( this guy ), motorcycle enforcer, falls for this witty good girl working at her parent's Indian restaurant. (spoiler alert, behind the good daughter's facade, she's a sex driven kitten daydreaming about the hero's bedroom superpowers—in great details ^—^ )

This short story was packed with banter, NERDY REFERENCES, steam and so much spice.
Endearingly sexy and sweet at the same time, I truly enjoyed the fantasy for a little while!

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2.5 Stars***

I really loved Suleikha Snyder's Bollywood and the Beast so I was excited to read this...especially when the blurb mentioned a bad boy biker. Add in the fact that most of my friends loved this book and I was doubley, tripley (is that a word?) excited to jump in....but alas, I find myself in the minority. The book completely fell flat for me.

My two biggest issues were:

(1) there was absolutely no tension between Pinky and Trucker or development of any chemistry between them. They
Hilda
His full lips spread in a wolfish smile, and he mouthed one word: “Soon.” Soon. It was a promise. Possibly a threat. Of what, I still hadn’t quite figured out.

In this story we meet Pinky, a Desi protagonist, who goes away to college. Who returns home to help her sick mother. Who loves her family and traditions but also embraces her American roots. I absolutely loved her. Then we meet Ty, and spoilers, so I’ll just repeat Pinky’s words.

Oh, but he was adorable. A sweetheart in wolf’s clothing.

K.J. Charles
An exuberant novella featuring a desi woman dragged back to her miserable small town by family obligation, and the bad-boy-made-worse in a motorcycle gang. Only he's (view spoiler) not a racist thug, because screw motorcycle gangs. This is breezily done, with the concentration very much on the thoroughly enjoyable romance which manages to be low angst despite the set up thanks to the hero's cinnamon-rolldom and the heroine's tremendous self possession and ...more
Skye Kilaen
"He's the bad-boy biker. She’s the good girl working in her family's Indian restaurant." Trucker Carrigan and Pinky Grover should NOT even be attracted to each other, let alone get involved. But who can resist Marvel Cinematic Universe related banter? Or a blond, bearded dude in a Captain America t-shirt? Not these two. Now if only they could sort out the whole "life of crime" thing Trucker's got going on.

Lovely little novella with SO much packed into it - sparks, real affection, serious and
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Holy novella in a complete package alert. This was a delicious read and hit some unusual buttons for me. This is a read that feminists will enjoy and it had a subtle political side to it that I devoured. For example, phrases like 'home-grown and domestic terrorists', we don't see this reality represented enough. It wasn't jarring in your face mentions but appropriate.

Anyway, the main reason for my enjoyment were the two main characters Pink and Ty. Don't let those names deceive you, these were
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
It started out really cool and then just swan dived for me somewhere around the first encounter between the two MCs. There was little to no tension between them the entire story, but ESPECIALLY in that first encounter. They met up and fell into bed together, well excuse me, in the back of his pickup in the walmart parking lot, and it had this air of "eh, why not?" which is all well and good for the characters but it did nothing to get the readers emotionally invested.

Then came Ty's job which
Kayla Brunson
The premise for the novella sounded really good. However, it just didn’t really work for me. While the sex scenes here were done well, that’s all I can really say about it. Was I supposed to think that these two could really have a HEA or fell in love? There wasn’t really a buildup to anything. No sexual tension or actual feelings. They fell into a sexual relationship and stayed there.

I think that the main reason it didn't work for me was because of the synopsis. Now I love to read short erotic
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
The author delivered a good short read that I absolutely adored. The h and H are not what you expect and that endeared me more to the story.

"It's too soon to love you, isn't it?"
nick

A quick steamy read! The characters were so good I wish I got to spend more time with them!
Jess Michaels
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
This book is amazing! It was the perfect way to end 2018. Fun, funny, super sexy and just...PERFECT.
Teresa
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I saw this novella described as a "master class", and that's exact what it was for me. Novellas can be so tricky, but this one managed to pack a punch of emotion and realness to it. I was thoroughly engrossed and read it in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.
natalie
quick, steamy read! Suleikha packed so much in this novella. really enjoyed it. A+ banter and nerdiness and did i mention steamy??? Cuz this book was on fiiiiire. i was wondering how everything would be resolved and it was done perfectly. The very last word was just so perfect, and well, if you read it you'll get the meaning :)
Richelle Robinson
Pinky came back to her family’s restaurant/bar to help out when her mom gets sick. The local motorcycle club comes there a lot for the food. They are pretty much jerks expect for one member, Trucker.

I have to say this was an unexpected surprise. I’ve been in a book hangover and nothing was holding my attention until I started this book. I loved the banter with Trucker and Pinky. Their back and forth and the sexy times were off the charts. Plus, some parts of the story pulled at my heart strings
Emma
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5/5 Stars

I know it’s a novella so I won’t even tell you that it all happens quickly, this was not an issue for me because I knew what to expect when I started this book.

I just think the author put a lot on her plate and some things were just messy. I didn’t really see the point in giving Trucker a subplot like that, it just put the focus elsewhere in what was already a short story that I personally think should only have been focused on their relationship which started pretty abruptly and
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review posted on Got Fiction?

Pinky Grover came home from grad school to help her family out while her mom was sick. But it’s been a couple of years and the cancer is in remission, and Pinky is in a rut.

Trucker Carrigan, notorious bad boy, is back, and he’s now the enforcer for the Eagles motorcycle club. They terrorize the town, but they leave her parents alone, and other than coming in to the restaurant and eating, Pinky and Trucker have no reason to see each other. But whenever they do see
Ellie
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been a pure awesomeness in a bite size. My first by this author and it won't be my last for sure.
It's a very sexy and intense story with a cinnamon roll hero in disguise and an active, adventurous Asian heroine

This novella is all about the choices we make, obligation, loyalty and following your dreams, taking chances at being happy, loved. Both MCs felt like real - messy, making mistakes but ultimately good people.

Lots of sexy times where consent is central, never implied but alwasy
Jazmen
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
(Excuse any grammatical errors)
I first tried Tikka Chance on Me, months ago, but found that I couldn’t get into the story. At the time I thought it was a mood thing; maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for it. But now that I’ve completed the story, I know why I couldn't finish the book. I don’t like it.

Let’s cover the backstory. Pinky works for her parent’s restaurant/bar. She busts tables for her parents and it’s there she meets, Trucker. Trucker’s name is splayed across the stalls of the
Adele Buck
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun, unexpected (and hot!) novella. Highly recommended as a low-angst, high-heat escape.
Malin
This novella was exactly what I needed in the stressful weeks starting the new year, when I'm massively behind on my work (thanks, ill-timed Christmas illness), still fighting a horrible cough and cold (at this stage, I'm not entirely sure I'm not suffering from a new cold that I caught on the heels of the first one). I have so many mediocre English essays left to grade, with the deadline of the 12th of January (when all the grades for term 1 have to be in) fast approaching. So, of course I'm ...more
Rachel Kramer Bussel
I loved this contemporary romance by Suleikha Snyder and highly recommend it. Pinky is back home, working at her family's Indian restaurant after her mother's illness, having put aside her graduate school studies. Trucker is part of the motorcycle club the Eagles, the bad boys in town, who do bad things...except he's undercover, but Pinky doesn't know that. She knows that the sparks fly whenever he comes to the restaurant, and when they bump into each other, and then do much more. The chemistry ...more
Bree Hill
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The words were echoing through my brain, sizzling beneath my skin, pulsing in my veins. Making me feel alive. I’d known him for years, but only known him for weeks. How could it be so serious so fast? How could I be so desperate to hold onto something-someone- I’d never really had?”

This is Pinky and Trucker’s romance. Trucker is “in a biker gang” in Eastern Indiana and he and his gang frequent the Indian diner owned by Pinky’s parents.

In a matter of 70ish pages, the author made me laugh with
Leigh Kramer
This contemporary romance novella was absolute perfection! Suleikha Snyder has become my go-to when it comes to the short form. No one else comes close to what she can do with a novella or short story. The characters crackle on the page and the tight plot keeps me turning pages, marveling over how she can do so much with so little. I adored Trucker and Pinky together. Such an unexpected combination on the surface but their respective nerdery makes them an amazing couple. The odds were very much ...more
b.andherbooks
Pinky Grover is confused by her attraction to the obviously no good, bad boy motorcycle club enforcer who visits her family's Indian restaurant once a week. Why does she feel so many sparks with someone so obviously wrong for her and why does she think there is more hiding underneath that delicious motorcycle jacket?

After running in to Trucker Carrigan in the parking lot at Walmart, Pinky learns there is something more to Trucker, including that they definitely can both fit into his truck's
Candice
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steamy and geeky

What a novella! Not only were the characters complex and still likable, but this book is piping hot. Tons of geeky references definitely filled my nerd heart with joy. I’ll definitely be checking out more of her books.
Gillian
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Despite featuring yet another pint sized heroine (seriously, do none of these women grow over 5’2) hooking up with a super tall dude (seriously, do all of these men have to be 6’3?), I thought this was a cute novella with an interesting premise. A quick, easy and sexy read.
Liz
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A highly entertaining short and sweet coffee break read. The storyline was a little obvious but it was god fun.
Tina
Cute and short. A little too short for my taste which led to the insta-sexy-times. But still cute. Also made me hungry.

• One Bed for Christmas (Baldwin Village, #0.5)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)
  • Stocking Stuffers (So Over The Holidays, #1)
  • Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure (The Worth Saga, #2.75)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • The Ultimate Pi Day Party (Baldwin Village, #1)
  • He's Not My Boyfriend (Chin-Williams, #2)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
Editor, writer, American desi and lifelong geek Suleikha Snyder is an author of contemporary and erotic romance. A passionate advocate for diversity and inclusivity in publishing, Suleikha is frequently ranting when she should really be adding to her body of work.

Suleikha lives in Chicago, finding inspiration in genre fiction, daytime and primetime soaps, and anything that involves chocolate or