Start by marking “A Stranger's Tale” as Want to Read:
A Stranger's Tale

A Stranger's Tale

A time long ago, when the Moon and Sun were friends and shared the same sky, a strange man wandered down and even stranger path.

In this folkloric tale, a man known only as the Stranger finds his way to another world and embarks on a journey to take back what he has lost. Watched with growing interest by ancient celestial beings, he faces a different challenge at every turn
Published 2019 by Natasa Xerri

To ask other readers questions about A Stranger's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stranger's Tale

Start your review of A Stranger's Tale
Alessandro
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Simply one of the most beautiful stories I have heard. As an adult, you lose touch with the mystical folktales that once filled your childhood with wonder of the world and what could lie beyond. This story brings about a sense of childhood nostalgia by reintroducing this style of writing for the adult reader. Not only is it exceptionally written, and therefore making it difficult to put down, but in a relatively small read, so many emotions are encountered as you travel alongside the Stranger. ...more
Stephen Connor
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly emotional journey as the temptations of the world attempt to distract the stranger from what is most important. A rich language text accompanied by vivid images around every corner. Definitely a great read if you give yourself time to reflect on your own life journey and feel the torment of the stranger whilst admiring the courage, determination and heartache of the Stranger.. Multiple reads are a must.
Felicity
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some books you read, some books you love; but a Stranger's Tale will captivate you with every word from cover to cover. The story speaks to the heart and soul of the reader, coupled with images that breathe life to the vivid, well written tale. This is not just a book, this is a masterpiece of art and literature that deserves appreciation from all ages. A Stranger's Tale invites you into another world filled with fantasy and reality packaged in one, please except the invitation.
Amanda
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! I feel exhilarated. I bought this book primarily for the art by Adam Oehlers, but I was absolutely mesmerised by the words of Natasa Xerri.
The imagery and passion with which she writes is just incredible. I was totally in this world and on the journey with the Stranger.
The illustrations are of course second to none and make the book even more magical and beautiful.
I would highly recommend this book to everyone, not just for the fantastic fairy tale, but also for the art.
William Stanger
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful, well-written tale of sacrifice and love, almost in the style of an ancient folk tale. It is also beautifully illustrated and leaves you wanting more. The tale tells the journey of the Stranger, who turns down some very tempting offers on his journey, making many sacrifices on the way. This is the author's first book and hopefully not her last.
Aleksandra Arsenijevic
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written tale that you can't put down.
It brought back joyous memories of reading old folk stories as a child. A mix between folklore and The Alchemist.
Vera
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book
Kayla Brooke
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A stranger's Tale by Natasa Xerri and illustrations by Adam Oehlers, a story with powerful lessons.

The illustrations are breath taking. And the messages to take from it are beautiful. Loved it! I can't wait to sample more books from this amazing author.
Sarah Lang
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I opened the book and stepped straight into a lucid dream. 10/10
Ksenia
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Strangers Tale by Nataša Xerri is a fascinating story that left such a warm sensation in my heart and a broad smile on my face. I could not put that down! I entered a magical forest filled with temptations and admired the beauty of wisdom the author infused into the journey. There is a Stranger inside each and one of us. The time when he finds Iris is the beginning of a new journey. But its not a hike anymore. Its a flight. And what gorgeous illustrations are beautifying this tale! Nataša and ...more
L
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A modern-day allegory about courage, humility, and sacrifice.

A Stranger's Tale is a beautifully written fairytale reminiscent of the tales of the Old World. It is evocative and filled with emotion as you follow the journey of The Stranger in a world of fantasy and fear.

Oehlers' illustrations paint a vivid portrait of the world and characters, but it is Xerri's words that shine. The beauty of the illustrations is only outshone by the beauty of the prose.

An instant classic.
Michael
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovingly crafted tale that makes for a truly captivating book.
Oehlers illustrations really pull you into the world that Xerri has created.

Reading time is about as long as a short children's movie (60-90 minutes).
Buy this book, shut Netflix off for the night and read this with your (inner) child.
Juli
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It brought back memories of the old tales my grandmother would tell us when we were younger. And that ending! Beautifully written and with incredible illustrations.
Dana
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story! The writing is so romantic and lyrical, it draws you in with the first sentence! And the art is phenomenal!! A fantastic read!
Sarah Gunn
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a first book, loved the journey and the struggles the stranger went through. Hope there is many more from this author.
Mandi Greenwood
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book, a brilliant read, and illustrations to fire the mind. Such a delightful journey!
Stephanie Xerri
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Between the writing and the illustrations I found myself immersed in the world of the Stranger. The writing was amazingly descriptive and the illustrator did a great job of bringing Xerri's words to life. I couldn't put the book down!

I would definitely recommend reading this book and supporting this indie Author. I cannot wait to read it again and have shared it with many of my friends and family

On top of this, the purchase process was easy through
Rachael
Dec 14, 2019
K.D.
Dec 20, 2019
Nataša Xerri
Jan 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Jan 16, 2020

• No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • Shadow Frost (Shadow Frost, #1)
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles, #1)
  • Kingdom of Ruins
  • Beren and Lúthien
  • The Murder of Harriet Monckton
  • Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Burn (Michael Bennett, #7)
  • Gone (Michael Bennett, #6)
  • The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents (Discworld, #28)
  • The Tinder Box
  • Alert (Michael Bennett, #8)
  • Bullseye (Michael Bennett, #9)
  • Don't Blink

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....