Start by marking “A Proxy Wedding” as Want to Read:
A Proxy Wedding

A Proxy Wedding

Saying I Do was more than they bargained for.

Carly James values loyalty and friendship above all. So when her best friend calls asking her to be a proxy bride, she says, ‘yes.’ How hard can it be to say ‘I do’ so that her best friend can be with the one she loves? Only, Carly never counted on the feelings that began to swirl around with the proxy groom.

Damien Nichols likes
ebook
Published November 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Proxy Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Proxy Wedding

Start your review of A Proxy Wedding
Nicole
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a fun story to read. I have always enjoyed Toni Shiloh’s books, and this short story does not disappoint. I definitely recommend it to readers of contemporary romance.

I purchased a copy of this book and was under no obligation to write a review. All opinions expressed are mine.
Beth Erin
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review featured on DiversityBetweenThePages.wordpress.com

Are y'all seeing this absolutely adorable cover?! It's downright irresistible and so is the sweet story inside! I'm really glad this whole proxy wedding situation didn't launch into a mishandled paperwork meets accidental marriage of inconvenience debacle. Instead, Shiloh crafts an engaging opposites-attract romance with the wonderfully creative meet-cute of a double-proxy wedding (much more enjoyable and believable than my wild imaginings
Andrea
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short & Sweet!

*Borrowed from Kindle Unlimited*
Short and sweet! Perfect for the waiting room.
Brenda and Adam have s couple of very good friends in Carly and Damien. I liked that Damien was willing to drive Carly from San Francisco to Montana because she didn't fly. I liked the communication during the drive and after the "wedding." To say anything else might spoil the story so take a little time for yourself and read this short story.
Ruby Kat
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story

To be honest such things as an stand in bride and groom I never knew it exist aka Proxy. The story was short I wanted it to be a little bit more. The writing is impeccable, God always put the right people together at the right time.
Becky Smith
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in "A Spring of Weddings" collection. After reading a book by Toni Shiloh, I was excited to read this one, and I wasn’t disappointed. This is well-written with well-developed characters and not only easy to read, but it is hard to put down until the end. Both main characters had fears that were dictating and ruining their life. I loved the quote: “No one is unlovable in God’s eyes. Our parents’ choices do not determine our future.” This is such a fun read, and I look forward to more ...more
Marylin
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you want to get married but you’re not in the same place and you’re in the military? Well, you get married by proxy. Now, I never knew there was such a thing as a proxy wedding, but after reading this book I decided to look it up. What an interesting concept!
However, this book isn’t just about a proxy wedding, it’s about two people coming together to help their friends out and then finding they have a connection.
When Carly and Damien first met it wasn’t the best of times. Th
R.j.
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice escape

This story is a fun, lighthearted escape. The story moves quickly; I finished it in about 2 hours. It would be a great beach read. The plot was unique, and the characters were reasonably well-developed given the length of the book. Worth the time for sure.

I was given a copy of this book to help facilitate a review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to leave a review.
Danielle
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet, and super-cute! This was such a heart-warming short story....I really enjoy Toni Shiloh’s writing: sweet and romantic but always including God. Loved it! (And I had no idea that a “proxy wedding” was a real thing, so I learned something too!) No one is too far away for God to reach.
Marsha
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, this was by no means a short story. Nevertheless, it was an excellent book. I have come to expect nothing less from Toni Shiloh.
Shannan Harper
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute and delightful story. two strangers, are asked to stand in proxy of their respective best friend's (who are marrying each other) proxy wedding. It is a very cute and enjoyable read. ...more
Glynis
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A fun novella, this was the perfect first read of the year for me.
Portia
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute Read

It was a really cute, quick read. Good, clean Christian romance. The characters were well developed and the dialogue was believable.
Stacy
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet whirlwind romance!

What a great read. It has a dashing hero, beautiful heroine, romance, and an interesting twist of a plot.
Toni Shiloh captured the thrill of finding Mr. Right even when your brain tells you otherwise.
I really enjoyed it, it's the perfect rainy day read, or stealing a few moments to yourself treat.
Emily
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet story

A Proxy Wedding is a sweet story.! I didn't know there was such a thing as a proxy wedding and that military do this when they want to get married, it aren't able to have a ceremony because of being overseas. This being a short story, I'll just say the story was sweet and if you like romances, you'll like this one!
Julie G
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quick and fun

Sometimes short stories feel rushed and leave the reader wishing there was more. That is not the case for this one. This little story was well planned, well executed and fun. The proxy wedding trope was unusual and made everything work. I loved it.
Sharronne McNeil
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautiful book

I really enjoyed this book. The storyline blew me away and I love the opposites attract concept. It also shows how God designs situations to transform and enhance our lives. Great book
Lakisha Johnson
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet story

I enjoyed this, the characters and the story line was good. Although a shirt story, it was a satisfying read.
Sallie
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet novella

I enjoyed this sweet clean romance. The characters were interesting & the story line was smooth. Easy read for the evening. It was great to forget about the coronavirus & quarantine for awhile:)
Barbara James
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun short story.

Carly and Damien are each helping a best friend out by participating in a proxy marriage. Neither of the true partners were able to attend their own wedding ceremony, so Carly and Damien are the ones they persuade to go through with it.

Is it matchmaking? Perhaps.

Thrown together for a week as they travel to the wedding location and return, they discover an attraction notwithstanding their differences. She's a quirky art teacher. He's a stockbroker. Are they capable of surmountin
Charlotte
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonderful sweet and very human story

I read this story in my lunch break yes it was a slightly extended lunch, but only because it was such an entertaining and captivating story. Great characters, a wonderful story and although it was sweet it was real and totally relatable.
Rosanne Wills
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hmmmm

At first I thought it was unbelievable. It was simple, clean and an enjoyable treat. The faith aspect was not overwhelming but it was adequately handled.
Charlene Louis
Apr 09, 2020
Phyllis
Nov 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Because of You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2.5)
  • Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection
  • Windows of Love (Teachers of Trumanville Book 2)
  • Send Her To Me Lord
  • Jocelyn  (Sewing in SoCal, #2)
  • Small Town Love (Lovetown Book 1)
  • An Ivy Hill Christmas (Tales from Ivy Hill)
  • The Winter Baby (Restoration Series Book 3)
  • Crown of Shadows (Court of Midnight and Deception #1)
  • Bespoke: A Tiny Christmas Tale
  • The Loneliest Cottage (Alaskan Hearts #1)
  • Secrets of a Prince  (The Princes of New Sargasso #3)
  • Silent Night Suspect
  • Love Delivered: A Christian Romance: Faith in Love Book 4
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Hazardous Duty (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #1)
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.