Start by marking “A Thoughtful Woman (The Sally Mellors Adventures Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Thoughtful Woman (The Sally Mellors Adventures Book 1)

A Thoughtful Woman (The Sally Mellors Adventures Book 1)

They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but where's the fun in that?
Artist Sally Mellors has planned the perfect revenge, but with two secret agents on her tail, and her best friends running the police investigation, getting away with murder is going to be tricky...
Everybody loves Sally. She's a funny, generous, warm hearted friend, without a nasty bone in her body.
I
Published November 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Thoughtful Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thoughtful Woman

Start your review of A Thoughtful Woman (The Sally Mellors Adventures Book 1)
Carol Evans
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Sally is angry. So is Emma Johnson. They are both widows, their husbands killed by drunk drivers who were not found guilty. Both men, father and son, had the help of the same lawyer and the same cop “misplaced” their blood tests. Those men, all of them, are the ones Sally focuses her rage on and, with Emma’s help, she is going to take justice, or revenge, into her own hands. At the same time, two men from a shadowy agency are looking for another man who’s been missing for three years, but was al ...more
Elaine
Now this was a read absolutely packed with surprises and I even had another when I came to write my review of it when I discovered it is the first book in a new series – what a great start this proved to be! After the person who murdered her husband was found not guilty thanks to the actions of a lawyer and corrupt police officer, Sally Mellors has been planning her revenge. She’s an artist and not your normal idea of a determined killer, indeed most folks would say she wouldn’t hurt a fly. Now ...more
Em Jackson
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Quick disclaimer – I received this book in exchange for my honest opinion, and this is my second try at writing this review. Sometimes I find I don’t see the truth in a novel until after I’ve poured a lot of time into writing about it, and this was one of those. I’ve attached the unfinished, un-reread original review to the bottom of this post if you’re curious, and I hope through its length, you, like I, see the moment of clarity.

A Thoughtful Woman is set in the 1980s, and begins three years af
Lauren
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
When the courts fail and two women take justice into their own hands, the line between right and wrong starts to blur.
Sally Mellors befriends Emma Nixon when the drunk driver who killed Emma's husband walks away scot-free. A few years before, his father did the same thing after killing Sally's husband, and was acquitted with the help of the same lawyer and crooked cop. For the deaths of their husbands, Sally and Emma are going to make them pay.
While this story started quite slowly, once the reve
Satabdi
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Thoughtful Woman is an absorbing and detail-oriented book. I learnt how the human body drowns, how to use maths to determine the make of the car from its tread tracks, and how rigor mortis is used to determine the approximate time of death.

The book is set in a time when the most high-tech equipment available was a video camera and people could not be reached if they were out of their homes (no mobile phones, only walkie talkies used by police).

The characters conduct research in a proper librar
Lynne Piza
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I did struggle to get in to the book at the beginning as I found it hard to keep up, there are so many characters introduced very quickly and it jumps about between characters and events very quickly so I did find myself re-reading the first couple of chapters to make sure I fully understood and was able to keep up!

However after I had done that and got al the characters name imbedded in to my head I began to get in to it more! It’s very detailed throughout going to in to real detail about the es
Claire
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Thoughtful Woman follows Sally Mellors and Emma Nixon, who become friends when Emma’s husband is killed by a drunk driver. Sally’s husband was killed three years previously by the same man’s father. Both cases involved the same lawyer and the same policeman, who ‘lost’ vital evidence that let both men go free. Sally decides to take revenge and hunt down these men, and asks Emma to help. Meanwhile, unknown to her, Sally and Emma are being watched by two agents, hunting down a missing man and hi ...more
Caroline Venables
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
When someone commits an illegal act that ends in death, people expect justice. So what happens when the system works against you? When the guilty party is given a free pass? How do the family cope with this?

This is the situation Emma finds herself in when her husband is killed by a drunk driver, when all the evidence is ‘lost’, the killer is found not guilty. Emma doesn’t know how to cope with her grief.

She is then contacted by Sally Mellors, another widow. Her story is almost identical to Emma
Jane Hunt
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This type of revenge killing murder mystery depends on, the charisma and cleverness of the main protagonist. Sally Mellors is intelligent and after the death of her husband driven to seek revenge on his conspirators involved in his death. Emma has also similarly lost her husband, and Sally seeks her out and suggests they seek revenge together.

The plot is pacy, after the initial world-building and characterisation. There are plenty of adrenaline-fueled action scenes and a plot with the necessary
hw
Gary Macey
marked it as to-read
May 14, 2020

• Sunshine Over Bluebell Cliff
  • A Village Murder (The Ham-Hill Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
  • The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women
  • The Memories We Bury
  • Barefoot on the Beach
  • The Secret of Scripture (Aiden Leonardo Series, #2)
  • The Soul Killer (DI Barton, #2)
  • The Worst Lie (A Lexie Wyatt murder mystery, #2)
  • Marrow Jam
  • The Rescue (Ryan Decker #1)
  • The Missing Activist
  • A Shop Girl At Sea
  • Hunter's Secret (The Edinburgh Crime Mysteries #5)
  • A Good Demon Is Hard to Find (Supernatural Sweethearts, #1)
  • The Beauty of Broken Things
  • A Prison in the Sun (Canary Islands Mysteries Book 3)

News & Interviews