Start by marking “Rutger (Beast Horde #2)” as Want to Read:
Rutger (Beast Horde #2)

Rutger

(Beast Horde #2)

A post-apocalyptic romance.

The Ghoul Lords threaten the extermination of all humankind and much of our world has been destroyed. There will be love, death, and dirty, messy sex among the ruins.

Sex is what keeps a girl like Cyn from going insane with the blossoming light of dawn, for daylight brings the Lure.

A brutal act by Cyn tore apart the lovers and now she must make
Kindle Edition
Published December 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rutger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rutger

Start your review of Rutger (Beast Horde #2)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
48670933._SY475_-1.jpg

loved this one just so much this series really is a great read that I recommend highly especially if you like some sizzle with your sci-fi.
So we start this just after the events of the previous book and that dramatic fallout.
Cyn is on trial for her actions and it isn't looking good for her at all.
On top of all that Vargr is not a happy beaster, he is feeling massively betrayed and hurt by Cyn actually shooting him and he's holding a big fat grudge.
Luckily Rutger is there to pick up the slack in
Cécile Smits
Only Cari Silverwood can create Beasts that are as wickedly delicious as Vargr and Rutger!
Only Cari Silverwood can create a mysterious girl like Cyn,that is the perfect fit for them both!
And only Cari Silverwood can give them a world like this,where they can play,fight and love in!
With AI’s only she can come up with,AI’s you can’t help,but love.

This second part of the series continues where Vargr ended.
With him being shot by Cyn,and that f**king HURTS!
Did she think só little of him? Of their
Sierra Clothier
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm out of breath after reading book two in Silverwood 's Beast Horde series. It has more excitement, more beasts, more sex, more reveal and more delightful references to cultural things that didn't make it to the apocalypse. This story starts up directly after the end of book one, so I would suggest reading book one first.

Rutger is the beast from the Worshipper tribe, and for me, he's one of the most interesting. We learn he was in many foster homes that taught him religion in many forms. He
Badh
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh, back to epic giant peen and post-apocalyptic sexcapades. Cari Silverwood is pretty depraved, dirty, and debauched, and so are her worlds. But the thing is, that even with all the debauchery that happens, there is a heckuva story going on in here.

Cyn, Vargr, and Rutger's story is compelling. This one picks up where the last one left off, so we aren't really missing any time in between the two books, which is always nice. Everyone is still trying to figure out what to do about Cyn,
Joyffree
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-tbr
"This world was full of uncertainties. Worry when things landed in your lap, not before. "
And Cyn has reason to worry!

This is book 2 in the trilogy. It is not standalone.

"No matter how big and strong one might be, feelings existed. Everyone hurt."

I am still a bit mad at Varg. I firmly stand with my belief that he overreacted! I get how he is viewing Cyn's actions but still - Pull your head out and take a moment to look at the whole picture -you big meanie!
Cyn did what came as instinct and
Ri
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

In traditional fashion, This author has continued this series in a way that only she can. It is filled with titillating sci-fi "romantic" scenes that only she can produce. I loosely call it a romance because technically it is a romance but it is something so much more. That is the beauty of this author, she manages to take a genre like romance and turn it on its head and make it uniquely her own. There really should be a subgenre called Cari's Sexcapades because no one can truly touch
Kristina
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Eeeexellent!

“What you’re doing is the new you, the you the nanomachines are helping to grow.”
Her frown was cute, as always. He grinned.
“Not an insult, girl. That applies to all of us.”
“I’m still me, though.”
“She feels like girl,” Rutger interjected, hand squeezing and re-adjusting on her legs. “Is good.”

Rutger continues the fantastical, post apocalyptic storyline of kicka$$ Cyn, as she discovers more about who she is and what she’s capable of. And with the supremely sexy Rutger and Vargr at
Gab
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And here it is!
Going Walkabout.
After the disaster at the end of Vargr the Beast Horde is on the move to find answers to their wildly diverse enhancements. On the way to their projected goal they meet up with new variations of Doctor Nietze's experiments.
But of course the Ghoul Lords are not standing by idle. There's blood and gore, small victories, vicious fights, growing love, and of course loads of "Anti-Lure-activity" ;-) !!!
If you've read Vargr you'll know what I mean! But this time Ms
Gaynor Jones
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mmm, Rutger is delicious!!

I must say that this series just gets hotter and better! Rutger is the glue in this relationship, he nicely balances a slight immaturity in Vargr and Cyn's impulsiveness.
He will need to do that and more as they all head of into more danger to find answers for Cyn
This quest will be bathed in blood, fear, uncertainty, distrust, conflict, lust, discoveries, forgiveness and lot and lots and lots of Lure blocking bodily fluids!
Their enemies determination to find revenge has
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
I love me a good horny horned beaster.....

Hot, dirty, wicked, filthy, depraved, witty and snarky, all tied up (or should that be bound) with whatever chains, rope or suitable material is to hand. Rutger continues the story of Cyn and her two beasters, with the same great world building, crazy pop culture references, perverted sex scenes and brilliant fast-paced plot that we found in Vargr.

The story telling is outstandingly amazing, I never expect anything less from Cari Silverwood truth be
Emily
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is so much action going on in Rutger, the second book of the Beast Horde series! It opens with Cyn being held as a prisoner awaiting a hearing for having wounded and killed some beasters accidentally in the process of shooting one of the enemy Ghoul Lords, Avidex, after he had invaded the beasters’ compound. Her bond-mate Vargr was one of those she unintentionally wounded. His anger wounds her in return. He finds he cannot be around her or trust her. She is cleared of murder charges at the ...more
Janine
This is book #2 in the Beast Horde series and it is just as thrilling, action-packed, and sexy as the first. The story continues where Vargr ended. Everyone is dealing with the aftermath of the Ghoul Lord attack, some better than others.
For me, this story was even more exciting than the first and considering the story is set in an alien ravaged world there is a fair amount of humour and tender moments.
Our group heads out on their quest to find Big Daddy, answers to who they really are and
Tina
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rutger

I just love Vargr, Cyn and Rutger. This world is fascinating and creepily unique lol. The supporting characters are very well thought out. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I would highly recommend this book and this series.
Nerine Dorman
Can't rate 'cos I edited, but this is a really fun, fast-paced post-apocalyptic SF with some pretty ... ahem.... Ah, fuggit. There's a lot of sex in this book. If you don't like sex then don't read this book.
Mom2three
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite thing about this author is the way she can take any genre and make it her own. When you read as much as I do, books can start sounding the same. You know the trope, can guess at future events, and the only thing that changes are the character names. That won't happen with any of Cari's books. Each one is fresh and exciting, and will take everything you expect to happen and toss it on its head. Her worlds are complex and detailed enough to "see". Her characters are complex and have ...more
Rose Howse
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this second part, we find Vargr upset with Cyn, she shot him! Rutger is taking up the slack with their bond-mating and keeping the Lure from getting to Cyn, with dirty, hot sex. Cyn has been tried and pronounced innocent of killing who they thought they saw her kill. There is a lot of confusion about what exactly Cyn is and what she's capable of and Cyn herself is just as clueless. The rag-tag bunch are on a mission now to find Big Daddy, Little Mo's home base. There is also a mystery about ...more
Sue
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second instalment in this great series….
After the terrible shooting and killing of several Beasters, her own mate Varger and then being put on trial for her life by the Beasters even though she ascertained that the think she had been shooting at had been not the Doctor but one of the Horde infected and she had attacked because she had known that he had been trying to take her away.
The mission is back on and as they Beasters and Cyn are accompanied by various other member of the group in search
Saskia
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in this trilogy. It is not a standalone. If you haven’t read Vargr then the story won’t make any sensen.

The story picks right after the dramatic events in the first book. Lives hang in the balance and choices have to be made and sides to be taken. I did want to shake Vargr by his wings, because he was being stubborn.

The story is one of action with a roadtrip to find big Daddy and find out more about the how and why.

The relationship between Cyn, Rugter and Vargr deepens and
Book-Lovin-Momma
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We're back with the Beast Horde versus the Ghoul Lords, with new revelations and discoveries. It's another fantastic journey with this ragtag family of sorts. This was Rutger's book, and that beast is fine!! But Vargr still played an equally big part in it. Rutger is playing the peacemaker with Vargr and Cyn, who are angry with each other. I thought Vargr was a little harsh, but he felt what he felt, going on his knee-jerk reaction. We find out more about Cyn and the pain she suffers as she ...more
Tricia
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I loved Vargr, and the way it ended had me desperate for Rutger to see what came next, and Cari did not disappoint. I have a soft spot for post apocalyptic style stories to begin with and the fact Cari has built one and given it eroticism as well as adventure and mystery just leaves me wanting more and more and more. As always, her writing is not for the faint of heart, as it's dark at times, dirty at others, but those who like some wild in their world, and enjoy science fiction ...more
KnottyGirl Reviews
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rutger is the second book in Ms. Silverwood's Beast Horde series, and if you haven't read Vargr, the first book, you should do so (Amazon) This book leaves off right after the events of the last book. Cyn finds herself in hot water after shooting Vargr - who's not so happy about the whole thing as it is.
Luckily, Cyn has two things on her side, she has Rutger her believes she's more innocent than cranky Vargr does and she has Little Mo on her side. So they set off to find Little Mo's AI boss Big
Erin Figueiredo
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such Sexy Beasties!!!

Another freaking amazing post-apocalyptic story from such a phenomenal author. Cari Silverwood loves to titillate and shock her readers. She drops us down a rabbit whole of depraved, dirty and debauched worlds, which are absolutely fantastic in their imagery and sinfulness.

Cyn, Vargr and Rutger's story is intense and thrilling. Cyn is still trying to learn what exactly she is and how much of a kickass woman she can be. Vargr and Rutger can't keep their hands of her! They
Tequila
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Ride!

I absolutely love seeing how the relationship between Vargr, Rutger, and Cyn is blooming. I can't wait to see where their relationship goes in the next book and how the story ends. I love the plot and the merry band of misfits that are on this journey with the three main characters. I can't wait to see how this story ends.
Kay Parker
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whooooo

This trilogy just keeps getting better. Beasters and aliens and the apocalypse, oh my! Lots of hot, dirty sex but with a captivating storyline that makes for a thrilling tale.
Highly recommended!
Teresa Juckett
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes this 2nd book by Cari in the Beast Horde series was so wickedly good. This picks up where in the first book left off with Cyn on trial and things aren't looking good and even Vargr is non to happy with her as well, but leave it to Cari to throw in a life saver after all it is her story to tell and all I can say is you need to read this series to find out what happens next. There's more monsters, sexcapades and even more twists if that's even possible.
LaToya Johnson
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!! I loved this Book!!! Rutger and Vargr together is so amazing!! I liked the spiritual things that Rutger would say also the funny things but the chemistry between those three was something else!!! I won't tell what happened because you just have to read this but it was amazingly HOT!!!!! Cari did her thing on this!!! I can not wait for Cyn!!!!!
Daria
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cari Silverwood has done it again she brought you Rutger the second book in the beast Horder series. Rutger slides on it and settles in so good it kept the story flowing.

You gotta love our bad girl Cyn, right? well, she may just be into a bit deeper than she wants to be. Cari has built a fast past post-apocalyptic world that keeps your attention from beginning to end.

The trio that was rough around the edges as smoothed out into a working bond-mate trifecta that is Cari syle hot! Feeling oh
Michelle
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Initial reaction...enjoyed every second of this book very much. You will not be disappointed at all. Will have to come back later when I have more time to leave a longer review.
Tammy
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and I do recommend reading them in order. Cyn story continues, she is on trial for what she did and her mate, Vargr is unhappy with her actions. Which I can understand, she did shoot him. Rutger is there to pick up the slack with Cyn while Vargr is unhappy. They continue on their search and try to discover what is happening to Cyn. Will they discover what Cyn truly is and can her two beastie mates keep her under control? Fast-paced read with loads of twists ...more
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Rutger is the second book in the Beast Horde series. Cyn’s story continues.

We are back in Cari Silverwood’s wondrous made up world. Cyn shot Vargr at the end of the first book. Vargr is feeling hurt by Cyn’s actions. Also, Cyn is now on trial, which she is cleared of the wrong doing. Now the search is on for “Big Daddy” a home station for Little Mo (Cyn’s robo critter). They are also still fighting ghoul lords.

We have a few twists - What is Cyn? Hopefully we find out in the next book Titled

• A Night by my Fire
  • Strangeways
  • Allure
  • Marked
  • Humans Must Kneel (Possessive Aliens, #3)
  • Cathedral (Cradle of Darkness #1)
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Pirates, Passion and Plunder
  • Alien Mate
  • The Pet Project
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • Her Vampire Prince (Midnight Doms #3)
  • Jasmine
  • Interstellar Human Petting Zoo (Possessive Aliens, #2)
  • Damaged (Omega’s Destruction, #2)
  • Capo (Russo Saga, #6)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Cyborg (Cyborgs on Mars #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
Cari Silverwood is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling writer of kinky darkness or sometimes of dark kinkiness, depending on her moods and the amount of time she's spent staring into the night.

When others are writing bad men doing bad things you may find her writing good men who accidentally on purpose fall into the abyss and come out with their morals twisted in knots.

email: