Start by marking “Storm Rising” as Want to Read:
Storm Rising

Storm Rising

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Storm is 17, and knows that when you fall in love, you get trapped--like his mother. But when Storm gets a job helping a mysterious young woman named Jocelyn, their unorthox friendship becomes love. Can Storm weather Jocelyn's strange secret--the power she can't always control--or will he be trapped after all?
Published October 1st 1992 by Scholastic Point (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Storm Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Rising

Bentoboxcreature22
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILERS**

I really, really wish there were more teen books like this. Storm Rising is a perfectly paced, beautifully written coming-of-age romance with a paranormal twist, enough to spice up the plot but not overdone. The story is beautiful, and it's very different than a lot of YA fiction you'd see at today's bookstores. I was actually expecting the book to be sort of prim and proper, with no sex in it, but that wasn't what I found. There is sex in it, and what's awesome is, the book doesn't
Bridget
Oct 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: total-kid-stuff
I picked this up because it looked like a not scary Christopher Pike book (I found those intriguing but too scary as a pre-teen...ironically.) I remember it being an unusual book because you don't normally get an emotional teen boy protagonist in this style of teen fiction.
I remember enjoying the narrative regardless of what would be considered statutory rape.
It was the first time I'd ever seen or heard the name Jocelyn which I pronounced as Joyce-uh-lynn until I heard someone pronounce it corr
jaycie
Jul 27, 2013
Jenn
added it
Mar 03, 2014
Marilyn Singer was born in the Bronx (New York City) on October 3, 1948 and lived most of her early life in N. Massapequa (Long Island), NY. She attended Queens College, City University of New York, and for her junior year, Reading University, England. She holds a B.A. in English from Queens and an M.A. in Communications from New York University.

In 1974, after teaching English in New York City hig