Start by marking “A Prince of Song and Shade (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Prince of Song and Shade (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #2)

A Prince of Song and Shade

(A Tale of Stars and Shadow #2)

The darker the night…

Emboldened by the effect Talyn Dynan had on the humans of Mithranar, the Shadowhawk is working harder than ever to make a difference for those struggling to survive on the streets of Dock City. But when violence spreads to the citadel in a horrific murder, he finds himself torn between protecting the humans and keeping his identity secret from the
Kindle Edition
Published December 1st 2019 by Tate House

To ask other readers questions about A Prince of Song and Shade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prince of Song and Shade

Start your review of A Prince of Song and Shade (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #2)
Elizabeth Muller
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The plot thinkens... in a wonderful sequel to A Tale of Stars and Shadow we see Talyn and her beloved wolves drawn deeper than ever into the treacherous social and political landcape of Mithranar. Secrets and lies, manipulation and deception; who can be trusted, and how can they know? Even the mysterious Shadowhawk seems unable to successfully navigate the dangerous underworld of Dock City. This novel expands upon the world beautifully, navigating the different countries and cultures with ease, ...more
Theresa Sandifer
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Cassidy does not disappoint. The first book of the series ended with a bombshell and the second book carries the story forward at a breakneck pace. I cannot say enough about how well developed and thought out Cassidy's worlds are (her other series The Mage Chronicles is just as amazing) and how well she develops the characters. They grow and move forward through the stories, in both expected and unexpected ways.
Toward the end of the read I was torn between reading full speed to find out how
Evy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

This book was even better than the first in the series, with heart-felt moments and twists and turns I did not expect carrying me through to the very end of it. All of our favorite characters return and we are introduced to some new ones that are unexpectedly awesome too. I can’t wait for the next one! Thank goodness Lisa Cassidy writes at the speed of light!

SPOILER-FREE SUMMARY
Emboldened by the effect Talyn had on himself and her
Cyndi
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I signed up to be an advance reader and received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I have to say, this book didn't disappoint. I now have a new favourite character - Jasper - who I can only hope will feature more heavily in the future books in this series. This was a good sequel to AToSaS which manages to advance the plot and develop the characters further. The plot moves at a steady pace with enough happening in each chapter to make you want to turn the page to the next ...more
Elisabeth
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This awesome sequel to A Tale of Stars and Shadow blew me away!
It’s rare when I like a sequel more than the first book. This was one of those rare cases. I could not get enough of this almost non-stop adventure laced with a murder mystery, royalty, and politics. I loved the camaraderie, team spirit, reveled secrets, and heartwarming reunions. I adored the incredibly rich world building, the variety of landscapes and climates. I enjoyed using the book map for a reference and I used it way more
E
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the second in the series and I absolutely loved it. As you can see it only took me 4 day’s to read it - which is very very fast for me! So obviously it was good and I couldn’t put it down.
I found the characters were much more defined and developed a lot more depth in this book, I felt like I only had a brief intro to them in the first book.
I also was really pleased to get more explanation on the background, culture and understanding of concepts like Aimsir and Calinan.
I also found
Dane
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to again be on the advance reader list for book 2 of Lisa Cassidy’s “a tale of stars and shadow”. Despite my promises to myself, I devoured the book, reading into the wee hours of the morning on the basis that I just wanted to read one more chapter to find out what was happening with Talyn and the Shadowhawk.

This is a fantastic follow up to book 1 and sees the characters grow and delve further into the history and politics of the world Lisa has created. Strongly recommend this
Amy D
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!
I was lucky enough to have an advanced copy of this book I’m exchange for an honest review. And boy, I barely drew breath for the whole thing!
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, but this was a real step up. The characters were further developed and even more lovable, and the story rumbled along at break-neck speed with lots of twists and turns, and a satisfying conclusion.
I CANNOT wait for the next installment.
MG
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure - I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
I've always been happy to receive a Lisa Cassidy book and A Prince of Song and Shade was no different. Lisa Cassidy keeps up her usual tempo of storyline and has a gift in being able to build the new places/developments without sacrificing the pace of the story. And way more happened for Talyn and the Shadowhawk than I expected. A entirely enjoyable read leaving me looking forward to Book 3.
MGab
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the first book , so when I was given an opportunity to read the second one a month earlier I took it. The plot thickens, we see more of Mithranar and would like to know more about the past...maybe another story?There is action,politics and emotion.Did I say I loved it?!
Arc copy received
Kathryn Tate
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the series and I absolutely loved it! You are taken even further into this magical world of intrigue. The character development and all the twists and turns had me not wanting to put the book down. I laughed, I cried, and I found myself holding my breath at times. I can't wait for book 3!!
Kym-The Open Books
4.5
Cassidy has true talent in storytelling. I’m constantly amazed at her ability to weave details into her stories and to make the characters feel real.
This is book 2 and I loved it just as much as #1. I liked being able to see the side of Talyn at home and with her parents.
Cassidy gave us more info to questions from the last book but gave us just enough more to want answers without being angry about waiting for book 3.
I’m truly in love with this series and characters and can’t wait for more!
Jessica
Dec 06, 2019
Simone
Dec 04, 2019
Lukasz
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-published
4.5/5

Longer review to come, but you really should pick up this series.
Greg Thomas
Rosie
Trainor Family
Bookfly
Dec 10, 2019

• Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
  • Odd and the Frost Giants
  • Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Breadwinner Trilogy (The Breadwinner, #1-3)
  • My Name Is Parvana (The Breadwinner, #4)
  • Henderbell: The Shadow of Saint Nicholas
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • The Unteachables
  • Celta Cats (Celta's Heartmates)
  • The Family Shame (The Zero Enigma #4)
  • Christmas Sweets (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18.5)
  • The Wolf and the Sparrow
  • Christmas with the Chrystals  Other Stories
  • Class Mom
  • Circus Shoes (Shoes, #3)
  • Tennis Shoes (Shoes, #2)
  • Sorcery of Thorns

A Tale of Stars and Shadow (2 books)
  • A Tale of Stars and Shadow (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #1)