Start by marking “Bars and Butterflies” as Want to Read:
Bars and Butterflies

Bars and Butterflies

It's been ten years since my young niece died, and it's time to make my yearly pilgrimage to the basilica where her prayers were answered, and my nightmare began. I light a candle for her and her parents, a promise I made before they'd passed. An entire family—gone.
There's no peace after death. There is nothing.
I leave as unsettled as I came, shoving the church door with
Published November 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Bars and Butterflies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bars and Butterflies

Start your review of Bars and Butterflies
Diane Dannenfeldt
4.5 stars. I have to tell you, I really enjoyed this book. I loved Aaron & Gael. Aaron has lost so much, his sister, brother-in-law to and accident & then his niece to cancer. He has lost his faith and doesn't believe in the afterlife either. When he comes face to face with Gael, a mysterious man who he saw years ago when he was at the basilica with his mother & niece before she passed away. This man brings him peace. When Gael tells him that he can hear the dead, Aaron thinks he is ...more
Mim Crenshaw
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was and intriguing and emotional read. I think most of us that have lost someone can understand what Aaron is going through with his faith. Gael was a mystery to me, and I kinda liked that. I loved that Aaron found a peace in him that and led to something more. This book was more than I had originally thought, and I found it interesting.

I read a complimentary advancecopyof thebook; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Kaila
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
this story about broke me.. omg it was emotional.. it was sad.. and it was also happy... it was well written and enjoyable even through the sadness. i really enjoyed it
Torhild Borg
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD...this book took me on a jouney I'll never forget. I have never read anything from this two author, so this was a joy.
Aaron is a professor, and he has lost all of his family to either car accidents or cancer. When he visits this special church when his niese is still living, he meets this gorgeous man with a golden aura.
Years later this mystical man reappears again and Aaron learn his name is Gael. We see them interact with each other and Aaron is questioning a lot of things. He even
R
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aaron has lost to much of his family. His pain is soul deep and he feels like he will never get over his loss. When he meets Gael he is amazed at the depth of his feelings for the stranger.

Gael is seemingly otherworldly. A beautiful conundrum that has Aaron in knots. He can’t believe what Gael tells him or the things he is seeing. A simple butterfly turns his world upside down.

This book gave me chills in a couple of spots but then I’d find sections that didn’t hold my interest. Gael had a very
Dixiecowgirl
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful story-line spin ondevastatingloss, promisesand love. This was a interesting story of contrasting feelings of dealing withloss and the finding of love. The promise and hope of a lover is treated with an interesting view and will broaden your thinking and thoughtson the possibilities.

Aaron and Gaelare great characters that will win your heart. This is a story of understanding loss and learning to accept love with some interesting twists. I enjoyed reading this story. The imageryof the
Xochitl
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read written by this author and was a nice surprise. The topic is about unresolved grief and how devastated could be, but also is about faith and love. Aaron and Gael needed love in their lives, but learning to believe in something higher than themselves while trusting in their hearts not in their minds make finding their forever more difficult than it should be. An interesting love story with a paranormal twist. Wonderful reading!
I received this book as an ARC and
Kitt
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely beautiful story. Aaron has suffered so much loss...I don't know how one would go on. But there is light at the end of the tunnel in the form of a mystic with a message. The story is full of heart-break, hope, and healing. I recommend this one, but go in prepared to have your heart wrenched and then put back together. (It's worth it!)

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving this honest review.
Ali
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I liked the journey Aaron and Gael had to go through and though Gael was certain from the beginning Aaron took a lot more convincing. Aaron second guessed so much it was sometimes hard to watch him struggle through the realization of what Gael could actually mean to him hut in the end he was able to follow the instincts needed to save Gael.

Now Gael was so cool and calm it kinda bugged me a bit but he knew what was going on and knew that he couldn't push Aaron into believing the truth.

I received
Winks
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow

Ok this was a very good and interesting read. I could not put this book down. Aaron is a man in pain , he has a hard time with believing. Gael was a very interesting character. Definitely recommend this book!
Stephanie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful emotional read and I love it. I love Aaron and Garl. The whole storyline is beautiful. I like the way that Grace Kilian Delaney has told a story if loss and still having to live after that loss. I like that we also have a twist with the story and so many different types of love.
Patricia Nelson
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a hauntingly beautiful, moving, poignant, heartbreaking yet hopeful, grab-you-by-the-feels, raw, gritty, intense, slow burning, and fantastic story. It pulled me in from the very first page, and I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down.
Belinda Zamora
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
First read for me from this author.
I was not disappointed.
This was a deeply poingint story about loss and redemption.
Told with an emotional depth that made the characters so realistic.
Michelle Rascon

• Gay Romance Holiday Collection
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Wishing on a Dream
  • Behemoth: Omega Assassins Club Book Three
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales, #1)
  • Clark's Bully (Rebels and Nerds #3)
  • Six-Packs and Snowshoes (Hearts of Snow Lake, #5)
  • Autumn Feast
  • Wrapped Up in You
  • Boys & Toys (Ace's Wild #9)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • When Fake Changed Everything
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Tony and His Tiger (Oh My! #3)
  • Bodyguard's Bite (Howler Brothers #2)
  • Piñatas and Paintbrushes (Hearts of Snow Lake, #3)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
Author, musician, and human slave to the dog and cat that rule her house, Grace Kilian Delaney enjoys giving her characters a dark sense of humor and a happily ever after.