Start by marking “A Deal Was Signed with the Devil, Now It's Time to Pay Up” as Want to Read:
A Deal Was Signed with the Devil, Now It's Time to Pay Up

A Deal Was Signed with the Devil, Now It's Time to Pay Up

(Wired by the FBI)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Christian Romano lives his life as a con-artist, burglar, drug dealer, and a ladies’ man, using his good looks to con wealthy women out of jewels and money.

When he is arrested and jailed in one of the most violent jails in the U.S. (Cook County in Chicago), a steamy affair begins with a nympho female jail guard. When he loses control of the romance, Christian must end th
Published August 22nd 2019 by Austin Macauley Publishers LLC

Be the first to ask a question about A Deal Was Signed with the Devil, Now It's Time to Pay Up

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Deal Was Signed with the Devil, Now It's Time to Pay Up
Ally Swanson
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is ripped from the headlines – a real-life true-crime story!!

This book is interesting, intriguing, compelling, provocative, and stimulating!!

I have always loved crime stories, and even though this is not a typical crime story – more of a noir fiction crime book, it still incites intrigue, suspense, appeal, and entertainment!!

This book truly captures the dirty, gritty, vulgar prison setting and all that entails from the jargon, offensive language, violence, brutality, and a slew of sexu
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
This book is not my normal read. I’m not an avid true crime aficionado (though I do enjoy reading Ann Rule on occasion). There was something about this book that pulled me in. And, I could hardly put it down. It is very well written and the author really made me feel for the predicaments Christian found himself in. Granted, a lot of them were his own fault, but there were still times where he was boxed in with only one way to go.

Christian is not a likable person. The way he treated his girlfrien
Sherrie Cronin
In Wired by the FBI the Author Glenn Painter has written a captivating tale taking the reader into the mind and heart of a notorious criminal. Christian Romano is just bad enough you can’t like him, but he has enough compassion and sense of moral code that you can’t hate him either. You end up watching the story of his life with an obsessed fascination, unsure of what constitutes justice or a happy ending.

What I enjoyed:

Glenn Painter does an excellent job of channeling the thoughts and feelings
Sharon
Jan 20, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to my stop for The Goddess Fish Promotions Virtual Book Tour for Wired by the F.B.I. by Glen Painter.

First of all, I want to thank Mr. Painter for his advocacy of prisoner’s rights because as we have seen firsthand in the media, justice isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Secondly, the author’s use of factual events is an eye-opener about a corrupt justice system that abused a man by using him for their own personal gain. Though I have to say that if he hadn’t been doing the illegal stuff
Andrea
Jan 07, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was somewhat attracted to this book because it is based on a true story. I grew up along the 80/90 corridor, so these mobster-type stories were famous while I was growing up. I was curious to get more of a first-person perspective than a textbook history lesson, even though I know this is fiction based on a true story.

It was interesting being inside of his head to get that point of view. It reminded me a bit of a dark noir kind of story and at the same time, a historical play-by-play of what t
Kathy
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was he a good or bad guy? Well, we know he was a good guy maybe...but we know he was a bad guy too. I thought this was interesting reading as a story even though it was basically a true account. I also thought there was a lot of food for thought and coffee hour type discussion created by the circumstances. It was interesting how many people had different opinions when I described the gist of the character.

I suppose as far as a character is concerned you can already tell that sometimes I liked h
Christine Woinich
A very interesting novel. It followed Christian Romano through his crimes, arrests, cooperation with the FBI, and the fall out of being an honest criminal. One had to admit that most of his behavior was reprehensible, but he would not lie on the stand. This story is full of criminal proceedings from the perspective of the criminal. I did find the story to be a bit too long, but it really was an interesting look into a world I hope never to see for myself.

I received a copy of this story through G
Amy
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wired by the F.B.I.: A Deal Was Signed with the Devil, Now It's Time to Pay Up is an interesting read. I love reading books based about true stories, especially those involving crime and the people behind them. I was fascinated with these real events. Christian Romano has definitely lived quite the life.

I am giving Wired by the FBI four stars. I would love to read more by this author, Glenn Painter, in the future.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
Wired by the F.B.I. is an interesting read. It's kind of hard to like the main character when you know his background, but it is a reminder that few things don't fall into some kind of gray area. Yes, he's a criminal, but he's helping to put worse people behind bars. I appreciate that Painter doesn't try to turn Christian into some kind of saint that has a come-to-Jesus moment and turns over a new leaf with no issues. An intriguing read, especially if you like crime dramas. ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Christian Romano will do just about anything to make a buck a few of the ways he makes his money is by dealing drugs, breaking and entering, stealing and swindling women out of their jewelry and money.

Christian has a woman, Debbie that he cares about very much and will do just about anything to keep her safe but he has no qualms about cheating on her. I guess he cares more about money than he does her.

Christian is arrested and sent to jail in Chicago where he meets a jail guard who takes a lik
Burt
Keisha
added it
Dec 23, 2020
Glenn Painter
Jan 10, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

• Silver Bells: A 3Square Christmas Romance
  • Sophie Washington: Class Retreat
  • Cooking for Ghosts (The Secret Spice Cafe Trilogy, #1)
  • Middle Ageish (Starting Over # 1)
  • Fated Desires
  • All Bags Go to Cleveland
  • In My Attic (A Magical Misfits Mystery, #1)
  • Christmas Cookies on a Cruise Ship (The Perfect Pairing Series Book 1)
  • The Murderous Macaron (Julie Cavallo Investigates Book 1)
  • A Song For Another Day
  • Just Shelby
  • Back to the Beginning (Mer Harbor Series Book 1)
  • Murder With Strings Attached
  • A Winter Knight (Knights of Destiny, #2)
  • All the World's Colors (The Queen of the Blue #1)
  • A Hundred Lies (A Hundred Kisses)
  • Against My Better Judgment
  • Ruin Her

Wired by the FBI (2 books)
  • The Heroic Journey of Tommy Dye, from FBI Informant to Witness Protection

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...