Start by marking “Eight Kinky Nights: An f/f Chanukah romance” as Want to Read:
Eight Kinky Nights: An f/f Chanukah romance

Eight Kinky Nights: An f/f Chanukah romance

Sometimes the perfect Chanukah gift can change everything.

Newly divorced stone butch Jordan moves into her friend Leah’s spare room, ready, at 49, to take on a new job and finally explore kink and polyamory. But moving to NYC during the holidays sends grief crashing through her, and Jordan realizes that when she isn’t solely focused on caring for others, her own feelings
Published December 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Eight Kinky Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eight Kinky Nights

Start your review of Eight Kinky Nights: An f/f Chanukah romance
Xan West
Hi, I'm the author! I consulted with the cover artist yesterday & I'm really excited for this cover!

Here are the content warnings for the book:
Nicole Field
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-f
Ooooh this was so good.

I'd actually been looking for, and wanting, a book that would share information with me on how another autistic person might experience their submission in D/s. This was for two reasons: I'd been getting frustrated by seeing no other narratives quite like mine in that particular way, but also because I knew that reading someone else's words would help me to find the words to express my own experience.

For some reason, I felt as though I would find this want met in a
Isaiah
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To see a full review check it out here

Queer perfection. I devoured this book. It was exactly what I have always been looking for in a romance and in an erotica. There was consent everywhere. There were real, in-depth characters. There were relationships that were ones that rooted for. I can praise this book all day.
Janani
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CAN'T WAIT FOR Y'ALL TO READ THIS!
Felicia Grossman
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was fabulous and very emotional. It's a friends-to-lovers/kink/Hanukkah romance but so many more, like a million times over. Jordan and Leah have been friends for like 30 years, best friends really but they are temporarily living together after years of being apart, and each in many ways starting over.

For Jordan it's about a new city and recovering for a marriage that didn't work-out, while Leah seems more settled and sure, having a friends and a two great jobs (a sex shop owner and
Andrea
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I need more time to write a better review, but... This is the first time I read a romance novel with NO drama. Delightful! Such a joy! I loved it
I will update this review when all of it settles in.
Ana
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wooooow. What an experience.

This was hard to get through for personal reasons, but also held such loving space for autistic kinky queers with chronic pain, and it's already affecting how I manage my own life in positive ways.
I received an advance copy from the author for review purposes. I’m also mutuals with author on twitter. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

Eight Kinky Nights is unapologetically Kinky, queer, autistic, and Jewish, and I love it for that!

Jordan and Leah have been friends for 30 years and after Jordan’s divorce, she’s moved back to New York and is staying with Leah. In many ways, Jordan is using this as a chance for her to establish her own wants and
Cat C
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoughtful and lovely holiday romance

This story is bookended by very thoughtful details from the author on things like pronouns, content notes, and a cast of characters for easy reference. Knowing the author put so much thought into the reader's experience made me feel so at ease. And that same thoughtfulness is reflected throughout the story as well. There is so much honoring of identity, and emphasis on comfort and restoration - I loved, for example, the party where the hosts had set aside a
Emi 🐝
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
would give more stars if i could

I always love everything by this writer, but...this is probably the best kinky romance I've ever read, in my life. in fact one of the best romances, period. I'm glad I bought this because I'm sure I'll be coming back to it as a comfort read, but also it really resonated with me emotionally. I'm always astonished by this author's ability to accurately and beautifully portray how kink feels from the inside, from all perspectives, and I'm so glad they're publishing
Gail
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, lgbtq
Really enjoyed this book partly because it’s dual POV, which I prefer because it lets me see what each MC is feeling and why. Extremely well written autistic POV as well. I learned so much but it didn’t feel like the author was ‘teaching’ the reader, just telling it as it is. (At times the conversations sound a bit like a therapy session but not overly much.) Also enjoyed the sex and the food - yum!
Jules
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-favorites
Another 5 star, read this over the holidays and made me considerably less stressed. I loved the gray ace rep. Wish I'd had the term for this when I was younger, and I love that Leah is 51 and still discovering and opening her heart to this facet of herself. There are some great 20-something stories out there that cover these themes but it's hard to find characters my age going through the same processes, and it was just really touching and helpful.
Ela The Queer Bookish
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: do-read
Read the full review on The Queer Bookish

A special treat in so many ways.

I don’t even know where to start to be honest. Do I start with the characters? The mental health? Chronic Illnesses? Orientations?
Andi
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ownebook
I enjoyed this book a lot, and would highly recommend it. I'm the spirit of the title...
Eight things I love about this book...
1) tremendous diversity of queer characters & relationships
Dec 29, 2019 added it
Reviewed for LJ
Teamama
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
All the representation! This is the most adorable, compassionate & complicated romance I have yet encountered. So much respect for Xan West.
Ash
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing. I loved the representation - queerness and fatness and disability and kink and all these things and therapy and relationships and negotiating and self care and service and just yes this book was very good.
Kate Setzer Kamphausen
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not only have I read this twice, I have bought it for 3 friends already. It's RIVETING & gorgeous & hilarious & moving & OMG HOT. Absolutely the perfect/complete example of A GREAT READ. I am already better for having got to know Jordan & Leah, & I hope very much to see them again!!
T.J. Dallas
Jan 09, 2020
Feb 13, 2020

• Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • Faux Ho Ho
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • The Turn of the Screw
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Hard Angle (Criminal Intentions: Season Two #4)
  • House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • Beast
  • Tony and His Tiger (Oh My! #3)
  • alone and palely loitering
  • Cold Calculation (Criminal Intentions: Season Two #3)
  • Just Jorie
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • I Hate Everyone But You (I Hate Everyone But You, #1)
Xan West is the nom de plume of Corey Alexander, an autistic queer fat Jewish genderqueer writer and community activist with multiple disabilities who spends a lot of time on Twitter.

Xan's erotica has been published widely, including in the Best S/M Erotica series, the Best Gay Erotica series, and the Best Lesbian Erotica series. Their work has been described by reviewers as “offering the erotica