Start by marking “A Taste of Her Own Medicine” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Her Own Medicine

A Taste of Her Own Medicine

“He looks like he could plow my north field without a horse.”

Sonja Watts needs to re-enter the workforce after divorcing her husband of thirteen years. Taking the advice of her sister Birdie and her best friend Estelle, she signs up for a six-week course for entrepreneurs; hoping that she will learn everything she needs to know to build a business to support herself and

Published December 10th 2019 by Dirtyscribbler Press

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Her Own Medicine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Her Own Medicine

Start your review of A Taste of Her Own Medicine
DarienMoya
WOW

So y’all know I don’t read a lot of m/f but I decided that 2020 will be the year I branch off and read some variety and also supporting marginalized authors. I was interested by the blurb of the book and the older woman/younger man was calling my name.

What a delight this book turned out to be and I enjoyed it immensely. It’s playful, sexy, and heartwarming at the same damn time and I just Did I mention it was SEXAY? I don’t think I’ve found an m/f book this sexy in quite a number of years
Storme
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, I finished this book a lot quicker than I expected to.

I also have some mixed feelings regarding this book, but I’m going to do my best to write a good review.

Sonja is finding life again at forty. She’s signed up for a class to help her entrepreneurship shine and get her business started fully. Atlas is her teacher, and they are instantly attracted to each other. She thinks he’s thick and wants him to lift her like potatoes in a sack. And he’s attracted to her even though she thinks she’s
Kirstin Jones
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was the sweetest read ever. I love younger man/older woman. I was waiting for the kids to meet him and they didn't disappoint first read from this author, definitely not my last ...more
The_Book_Queen
Filthy, hot, and delicious -- all the sex scenes are A+, Atlas has quite the dirty mouth, AND there's ass play for both.

First time reading Harrison but it definitely won't be my last! I highly recommend picking this one up, thank me later.

I will say this: I noted a lot of errors that interrupted my reading flow. Another good editorial/proofreading pass would have been appreciated.
Charish Reid
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read from Harrison and I'm now a instant-fan!

Sonja and Atlas were a wonderful couple, both with complex characterization and endearing stories. Sonja's journey from beginning to end was so uplifting (securing her own business, being an inspiration to her children, finding hey own love after heartbreak). Atlas is now one of my go to book boyfriends

I loved the way Harrison handled her secondary characters like Sonja's family to Atlas's friend Kairo (and her cute
Sharonda Isadora
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Taste of Her Own Medicine tells us the story of a woman newly divorced and finding her footing in a new relationship.

To give you guys this review without telling this whole story is hard for me…I mean not really but it’s just that I felt Sonja’s feelings all throughout this read. Like I’ve never been married but I know the feelings of coming out of a long term relationship and attempting to gain your new singledom. Especially when you have kids in tow.

You feel like you have this “baggage” and
Rebel Carter
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Y’all. OKAY.

Where to begin with this book? This book pulled me apart and then put me back together again, only to drop my ass and break me before making me beg for more. I mean that in all the best ways.

Tasha L. Harrison has written an achingly beautiful and utterly lush small-town romance that was sweet and familiar in the kind of way that had me smiling long after I was forced to stop my binge read. You better believe I powered through this book like it was my damn job. I haven’t been this
Introvertitude
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute idea, appealing characters. Leaned a bit too hard on insta-lust but I can forgive that.

What I can't get past is the lack of editing; this almost reads like a first draft in places, with discontinuity and incorrect homophones everywhere. It's enough to pull you right out of the story, which is too bad. This could be a letter grade higher if somebody took a good run at it with a red pencil.
b.andherbooks
Sonja, recently divorced, is looking to launch her own natural apothecary business. She's been raising her children and running her household for years, not to mention running her now ex-husband's real estate office with no paycheck, but wants to make sure she's doing the best she can before hitting the green light. So, she enrolls into a new entreprenuer class that comes highly recommended by her community of friends and fellow small business owners. What Sonja isn't expecting to come with the ...more
Courtney Dean
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So So Good!!!!!!!

I was finally able to mark this off my to be read list, and I hate I waited so long! Love Soni and Atlas’s chemistry. Love that she embraced who she was and became the “Boss” everyone else knew she was, even her ex-husband. If I could rate it more than five stars I would. Excellent!
Michaelene
Something I'm actively seeking in romance novels this year are positive relationships with family members and between friends, and Tasha L. Harrison's A Taste of Her Own Medicine delivered it alongside a romance that made me swoon. I left this book grinning ear-to-ear and dancing in my happy feels.

This man was tall and built like he could plow my north field without a horse, with shoulders that he could probably throw a woman-sized stack of potatoes over. And by woman-sized, I meant me. I would
Eve Alacran
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need a minute.

Ok minute done! Where to start? Where to staaaart? There are so much I wanna say, but so little words coming from my head. I loved this story, like I can't even! It was so good, amazing. All the good adjectives present in the dictionary, no I'm not exaggerating. Not the slightest.

Tasha crafted perfectly flawed characters, they were funny, relatable and good. But with bagages, stuffs to work on with this burning need to do & be better. I love those kinds of stories, where
MidnightAce Book Bar
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
My thoughts on Taste of her own Medicine:

The Cover drew me to the book, and I was intrigued about the story that inspired it. Tasha I. Harrison was a new author and I found taste of her own medicine to be a refreshing read.

We meet Sonja Watts at kind of a crossroad; she is a recently divorced, 40-year-old mother of two. Her situation is a common one, marrying the love of her life, having children and investing herself in taking care of the family and the family business until the sparks not
Cheryl
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A soft and sexy love story. 4.5 stars

Where do I begin? I love that this a story about a recently divorced woman finding her path and having the support to do so. Sonia married her high school sweetheart and has two teenage kids. As she enters her 40s, she’s now a divorced single mother. She starts attending a class for entrepreneurs and her attention is piqued by the instructor named Atlas.

Now, as a romance, we get a trope here and there. And I love it. I enjoy an age appropriate age gap and
Andrea Martucci
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
40-year-old "grown ass woman" Sonja is reimagining her life in the wake of a divorce. She's the quintessential caretaker who's prioritized her children, her husband, and her husband's business above her own ambitions. Signing up for 6-week entrepreneur course will help her launch a modest business selling "soaps and lotions...to stay at home moms" to help support her family.

Sonja is definitely not in the right headspace to be flirting with Atlas, the handsome, 9-years-younger entrepreneur and
Caroline
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great characters and situation- I loved the divorced mom Sonia coming into her own as she started her own business with the help of HOT instructor, and much younger man Atlas James. The characters were fully alive and well-formed and the chemistry was amazing between the hero and heroine. So many hot scenes in fantastic locations, from a greenhouse to a Subaru. The small-town setting was perfect for the concerns Sonia had about dating a younger man and people talking about that.

Glad to hear
Jacqueline
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp, age-gap
So good!!!

I’ve followed Tasha on Twitter for quite a while, & somehow only just read on of their books for the first time! It was so delightful Soni is such a relatable heroine, and watching Atlas confidently pursue her is absolutely swoony. It was really fascinating to read about Soni’s family, and the matrilineal practices of Gullah that were represented.

I also found it really interesting, bc while I know I have room for growth, I perceive myself to read diversely (Naima Simone is one of
Chencia Higgins
Sonja and Atlas wrecked me in the beginning. So much of Sonja’s inner dialogue resonated with me in such a way that I had to put the book down and sit with my feelings before picking it back up and continuing on. Tasha did such a good job of capturing the thoughts and mannerisms of a woman post-divorce. This gave me Practical Magic vibes and I loved that so much! More witchiness, please!

Important to note: (view spoiler)
Brandan WH
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Older woman younger man in a yummy romance

The stunning cover of this book won me over. The fact that this was a book about people of color, an older woman who wants to open an apothecary and a young, successful man was icing on the cake.
I enjoyed the story of Sonja and Atlas getting to know each other, support each other’s dreams and navigate Sonja’s post divorce life. I did not enjoy the spelling and grammatical errors. Some sentences were hard to read because I wasn’t sure what the
Ms . T Gilliam
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this medicine

This is my first time reading this author's work I am hooked. I love this story I thought it was interesting , funny and a little sad. I also love the characters and felt that the story was relatable to me anyway. Atlas is a hell of a man and he was exactly what Sonja needed in her life. Mrs. Harrison job well done I look forward to reading more about the (A Small Town Romance) .
Gwen
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a rec from Talia Hibbert and I’m glad I downloaded it. The story was very well thought out and super cute. I liked the age difference with an older woman and younger guy, but still mature adults. There were a few grammatical errors and I think the author changed the ex-husband’s name but missed it in one spot. Overall I really enjoyed this and I’m going to check out this author’s other works.
K. Vincent
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written complicated love story

I give this story 5 for the well developed characters and plot. Atlas (love the name) and Sonja's chemistry is hot and I could feel the lust between them with each word. I would definitely recommend you read this story if you enjoy great characters, love scenes and plot.
Cat C
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Super steamy

Sonja and Atlas have fiery chemistry that turns this into an erotic romance, way hotter than you would expect from the subtitle Small Town Romance. I'd instead describe this book as one half Sonja starting her own herbal medicine business after a divorce and one half Sonja and Atlas the course instructor burning up the sheets (or greenhouse, or car, or park...)
Sara
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Glad I read it :)

When I was about 20-30% I almost DNF’d. I can’t really pinpoint why except the story just wasn’t clicking for me. But I put it down for a couple days, picked it up again, and finished it. Once things started progressing more with Atlas and Sonja I got into the story a bit more. Atlas and Sonja are great characters.
Geri
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

A Taste of Her Own Medicine was EVERYTHING! I really enjoyed reading Sonja and Atlas’s story and boy was it a good one. These two lit up like sparks around each other (sigh), so good in fact, that I wasn’t ready for this story to end. Now I don’t know where to turn for my next fix! The sex, OMG, the sex scenes Great job
Cam Likes Books
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 more like it.

I really loved the sister trio and the family witchy things. I liked the children and post-divorce family dynamic/tension. Looking forward to getting the other sisters’ stories.

Issues I had: The romance felt a bit rushed on the onset. Then the break up conflict was weak toward the end. Also, butt stuff without prior consent? Yikes.
Mel
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I adored this charming book about a divorced single mom named Sonja who is trying to start her own business and younger man Atlas in a teacher/student romance. It was fun and flirty and watching Sonja come into her own was powerful and inspiring. Really great! A fabulous way to end the reading year!
Becca Tanner
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I really liked the premise, with an older woman and younger man, and I enjoyed what I read, story wise, but DNF’d 70% in because I couldn’t handle the spelling and grammatical issues anymore. The heroine’s name wasn’t even spelled consistently.
Reveye .
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

I like this author. I am interested in this story, turning the pages to see what happens next. The book is well written, the dialogue isn't corny and the characters are relatable. Well done.
Keya Ramirez
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A blessing

I loved this book about black love with just the drama of every day - recent divorce, duplication your own business, building your self esteem and being loved by a younger man. No soap opera drama. Just the stress of daily life and great sex

• Bittersweet (Equilibrium Novella)
  • All I Want: A Christmas Short
  • The Point of It All (Sugar Valley #2)
  • Love Unsolicited
  • Plus One: An Equilibrium Short
  • A Merry Little Filthmas
  • Jah (Them Boys #2)
  • New Year, New Boo?: a holiday short
  • Press Rewind: An Equilibrium Short
  • The Changeup (New Beginnings Book 1)
  • Set (Them Boys #1)
  • Shu: A Novella (Them Boys Book 3)
  • Neighborly (Erotic Accommodations, #2)
  • Courtship: A 'Snowflake' Novel
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • The Kwanzaa Brunch: A Holiday Novella
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Teach Me
Often accused of navigating life without a filter, Tasha L. Harrison has managed to brand herself as the author who crafts characters and stories that make you feel all of the feels. She writes erotica and erotic romance with heroines just as brazen as herself and heroes that know that they are messy and dramatic but love them anyway.

She lives in Upstate South Carolina with her husband, two sons,