Start by marking “Breathless” as Want to Read:
Breathless

Breathless

(Texas Nights #3)

Joey...
I wouldn’t say I ran away exactly—twenty-two is too old for that.
I’d call it self-preservation.
I have one objective: protect my heart from the boy next door who has no clue I’ve loved him my whole life, even with a front row seat to his revolving bedroom door.
My escape plan almost worked.
Except I left one thing behind.
Logan Carter hijacked my heart, and it’s
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 333 pages
Published February 18th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Start your review of Breathless
Cristina | CristiinaReads
When Logan and Joey are just meant to be, there is no way the world separates them for far too long because the chemistry is off the hook...

I sighed, I cried, I... oh look! THAT RHYMED! But seriously y'all, this book had me in so much angsty emotions. I was anticipating so many things, but ended up getting so much more. Because Lex Martin, that's how she does it. That's how she hooks you in with her writing and magical words that keep you flowing with those tingly feelings in your stomach, and
Leslie
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t wait for everyone to read Joey and Logan’s story! You will SWOON and fall in love!!!
Melanie (mells_view)
”I didn’t even know you were the part of me that was missing.”

Lex Martin absolutely KILLED the “girl next door”/“childhood best friends” trope with Breathless. Joey & Logan have been best friends since he saved her from a well as children, and that’s about the time she started crushing on him as well. If you’ve read the rest of the Texas Nights series then you may know a bit about Joey and Logan. If not here’s a small bit, Logan is known to have a bit of a wild manwhore persona, and Joey is
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly
AHHHH! You guys!

Logan and Joey were absolutely scrumptious!

I gobbled this book up! I couldn’t get enough. Their delicious chemistry sucked me in immediately and I was a complete goner. I forget, sometimes, how completely decadent a well-written friends-to-lovers book can feel, but Breathless served as a solid reminder and satisfied on every level.

There is so much to love here. It’s a little angsty – but in the best way. The sort of feeling when your heart aches for two people to be together
Monica Murphy
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhhhh this book. It's so good! It's sweet yet super sexy. There are some serious swoon-worthy moments. I freaking adored it! So much, I just wrote Lex a loooong email going on and on about it!

Peeps, go preorder this book! It's amazing!
Vanessa (nessreads)
4.5 Stars

Breathless is the third book in the Texas Nights series. I got all the feels while reading Joey and Logan’s story. It hooked me right from the start and I couldn’t put it down for one second. So good!

Joey is a sweet girl and she’s been in love with her best friend since childhood. But Logan has always kept her in the friend-zone. It hurts Joey to constantly watch Logan’s player ways. She’s had enough and decides to move and get away from Logan after having her heart broken for the last
Sarah Light
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
Friends to lovers...

I officially worship at the bookshelf of Lex Martin!

The third in the Texas Night series, Breathless is a heartwarming, uplifting romance of friendship, family and love.

We are welcomed back with characters from the first and second books, but even more so we get the story of Joey and Logan.

Logan Carter has always been known as the ladies man of the brothers, and while that is true, no one knows the real him. No one but Joey.

Joey AKA Josephine, his lifelong best friend. A
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 BREATHLESS STARS!! FREAKING AMAZING!! Lex Martin has touch my heart with Joey and Logan. These two going from best friends to lovers was perfection. Their story has it all, with every emotion button being pushed and even some suspense. I absolutely love this series and i know you will too. Make sure to download this book, it is a must read.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
I was so excited to read the next installment from Lex Martin, in Breathless we get the story of Logan and Joey. This is a sweet friends to lovers romance, one of my favorite genre’s. This was one of my most anticipated reads since we found out these two would get their HEA. This book will leave you Breathless and wanting more of the Carter brother’s stories. This is the kine of book once you start you won’t be able to put it down.
Vanessa When Vane Reads
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I loveeeee Joey and Logan!! My favorite trope is friends to lovers and this book was so freaking amazing ! Gave me all the feelings!!! So sweet and sexy with a little angst!! the perfect mix that hooked me from start to end. I couldn't put it down a single second!

Joey is a sweet girl in love with her best friend since childhood. Logan, his sexy AF and sweet best friend only sees her as his best friend until she runs away bc she feels too much for him. And some secrets that
Annie's reading corner
ARC copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Lex Martin is one of those authors with the whole package: great stories, awesome and believable characters, and stunning beautiful covers!
Logan and Joey's story is an incredible ride, filled with sexy and cute, serious and funny moments. You will fall deeply for Logan and want to be Joey's BFF. Also, it was nice to see a glimpse of the other couples.
Breathless is bound to be a read you'll enjoy if you love
Na
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lex Martin never disappoints! Such a beautiful best friends to lovers story!
Review to come soon
Kari Davis
Logan and Joey oh my swoon!!! This is by far my favorite in the series. I’ve been waiting for this story and it was everything I wanted and more. This was a binge worthy, beautiful best friends to lovers story with some major swoon worthy moments and ones that will have your heart clenching. Logan and Joey's book has been on my radar for awhile. I couldn't wait to devour this story. I knew that this was one I was going to not want to put down ever since I met both of them.

Joey has been in love
Manoela
3 Stars

Breathless is the third book in the Texas Night series by author Lex martin, and as I really liked the first two books in this series, I was excited by this story. However, I have to be honest and say that this story didn't completely win me over, not that the book is bad, I just found it too cliché and I couldn't connect with the story and the protagonists entirely. A positive point here was that I was able to see the characters from the previous books and take a look at their
Amanda Helmus
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohmygosh. I devoured this book. I feel like I blinked and was at 80% and feeling anxiety that I was so close to the end of Logan and Joeys story. I couldn’t put it down and wanted to lock myself in a cubby away from distractions because I was completely invested in the story.

Logan stole my heart completely and has me totally smitten. He’s everything you’d want in a guy—loyal to a fault, the biggest and kindest heart and insanely hard working; Joey is one lucky lady.

Joey is my favorite and I
Irma
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I’ve always loved you. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t love you. Do you think you could love me?”

I couldn't get enough of Joey and Logan! They are such an amazing pair with lots of hot chemistry and spice! There's just something about Lex Martin's writing style that makes the sweetness and lightness of her stories shine. And I can always count on her to make my heart melt. The whole gang was also a part of this story and I loved that.

This sweet friends to lovers story will leave you
Flo Grugel
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joey and Logan forever!
Perfect Boy Next Door romance
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
4 1/2 stars

Best friends from childhood was Joey and Logan despite the four year difference. All is good, the plan was not for Joey to fall in love with Logan to point where she flees to a different state. Logan is lost with out his anchor of Joey, sometimes it takes the absence to make the heart realize what it always wanted. Joey and Logan get thrown together for the wedding, which brings out the romance in both. Logan has to prove to his bestie that she is more then just his friend, but is
Tiffany Johnson
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5- 4 stars!

I'm always excited to read new words from this author and while I didn't exactly remember these characters well (it's been a bit since I read the other two connected standalones in this series) I was excited to get reacquainted!

If you like friends to lovers I think you will love this one because Joey has been in love with Logan almost her whole life. From childhood, she has been his shadow. There's a slight age difference (4 yrs I think) but nothing too major although to a 19 yr
SinfulSoulRead
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lex Martin took me to her magical world, filled my soul with sweet, heartwarming and emotional friends to lovers story and left totally and helplessly in love with Logan and Joey. Imagine being in your favorite spot, beloved place or with people you love.

Are you smiling, feeling content?

And this is how I felt while reading Breathless. Lex Martin made me happy, emotional and even stole my breath away with surprising twists and turns. Logan and Joey got my attention since I read Reckless and I
FunUndertheCovers
Joey and Logan have been best friends since they were kids. But what is a girl supposed to do when she has been secretly in love with her best friend for years? She runs off to Florida of course. Now six months later she has to come back to Texas and face him. Can she handle just being friends?
"friends to lovers" stories, I have ever read! The chemistry and bond these two have made for a perfect blend between hot and sweet. Seeing Logan's determination was so swoony to witness. This beautiful
Natalie Miernicki
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lex Martin does it again... pulls you into Joey & Logan's story with colourful characters, witty banter and an interesting plot that will keep you highly entertained and swooning for a love that spans decades yet takes decades to come to fruition. BFF's, they were each other's ride or die... but something or circumstances were always getting in the way of them confessing what was growing between them. Their chemistry was electric and the sparks that were ignited lit up the pages. A very ...more
Gladys
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I will say this, the title of this book isn't a lie. This read will have you swooning and breathless as this couple's story unfolds. I was quickly captivated by the compelling blend of intense emotions, tension, angst, drama, secrets, lies, steam and twists in this friends to lovers romance. I thought Logan and Joey were well developed and likable characters and I found it very easy to become invested in them as a couple. This is the third book in this wonderful series but this book can be ...more
Nidhi
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series by Lex Martin and it definitely keeps getting better and better.

I loved Joey and Logan from the previous books and was very excited to see them getting there own story. This story will resonate with so many people. Its truly written from the heart and carries true human emotions.

I love a good friends to lovers story and this one hit it out of the park. I loved how we really got to see Joey and Logan as individuals, friends and then slowly transfer into
Carrie
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
10+++ stars!! Logan & Joey's story is SO WONDERFUL!! The story starts out with them being a bit estranged, but soon their family is working together to get them, well, together. It's a very subtle working, as far as the story goes - there's no overt "matchmaking" going on, per se. It's just that everyone knows they belong together & try to gently nudge them along... : )

I love the friendship and the way it blossomed into love. Joey knows she's been in love w/ Logan forever; Logan's a
Aimee
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! I freaking loved this story Logan and JoJo are so adorable They have the relationship that everyone wants....the best friend who also happens to be the one you love....this story made all gushy and swoony while wanting to toss my Kindle across the room!!! Awesome story!!! ...more
Jamie Guellar
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg this story!! It makes me want to fall in love again, to find that one person that is meant for me.

I love Lex Martin and every single word she writes! Even when she makes me cry and breaks my heart, because she puts it back together with the swoony kinda love most girls dream about.

Love Joey and Logan’s story, best friends to lovers that will most definitely make you breathless.

Loved this book so hard! Even though it always seems forever in between books, Lex Martin totally makes it worth
Susann Husfloen
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathless and speechless

Every time I get a Lex Martin book, I get like a kid at christmas! She is one of few authors who makes my body quiver and jolt and make my heart soar.
Breathless gave me all the feels and I feel rather speechless! A big bonus for the twist plot I didn't see coming... This whole series is a must read for all romance lovers, trust me!
Charmane Hackworth
"Life's to short not to say what you mean and live the life you want"

I absolutely fell in love with Logan and Joey. Their story is filled with so much. I enjoyed how some parts of the story had me sucked in and could feel the emotions coming off the pages.
~lil maso~
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lex Martin does it again.
Pulls you into Joey & Logan's story with colorful characters, witty banter and an interesting plot that will keep you highly entertained and swooning for a love that spans decades yet takes decades to come to fruition.

BFF's, they were each other's ride or die, but something or circumstances were always getting in the way of them confessing what was growing between them. Their chemistry was electric and the sparks that were ignited lit up the pages.

A very
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bargain Basement: $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 11 Jan 06, 2020 04:33PM

• Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Cross your Heart
  • Dear Ava
  • Neat: A Small Town Romance (Becker Brothers Book 2)
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • King of Shadows
  • King of Kings
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Hometown Heartless
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life #1)
Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author of Reckless, Shameless, and The Dearest Series. She writes contemporary romance novels, the steamy kind she hopes her readers love but her parents avoid. A former high school English teacher and freelance journalist, she resides in Texas with her husband and twin daughters. Drop her a line. She loves hearing from readers.

UPCOMING NEW RELEASE: