Start by marking “A Gift to Cherish (Road to Refuge #2)” as Want to Read:
A Gift to Cherish (Road to Refuge #2)

A Gift to Cherish

(Road to Refuge #2)

When Daisy Riley arrives in Refuge, Wyoming to live with her brother and his family, she intends to stay forever. A victim of violence in Los Angeles, Daisy craves stability, peace of mind, and safety. Her hope comes true when she lands a job as a personal assistant to Miss Joan Prescott, the owner of Cottonwood Acres, a historic ranch that once served as the set for a fam ...more
Published March 3rd 2020 by Amazon Digitial

To ask other readers questions about A Gift to Cherish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gift to Cherish

Start your review of A Gift to Cherish (Road to Refuge #2)
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
3.5 Stars

A GIFT TO CHERISH is one of those stories that blends a past romance with a present one as one woman befriends another who is just figuring out how to live and trust in the God she believes in. It full of imperfect characters who have learned or are learning from their pasts while trying to find the right future, and one led by God. The characters are very genuine and the romance is sweet, making for an overall enjoyable story.

I have to just state that this book was good and I liked the
Victoria Bylin
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2019
This is my newest book -- release date is 3/3/2020. I'm including it here because I've read it at least three times :) I figure it counts towards my 2019 Reading Challenge :) ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
'You tell other people to be brave all the time. I think it's your turn.'

Daisy Riley comes to Refuge, Wyoming to get away from the place of a violent attack. She knows that she must overcome her fears and this is a place to find safety, near her brother and his fiancé. She finds a great job and settles in. Then life throws another curve ball. Rafe Donovan is staying with his brother after having issues as a cop in Cincinnati. Rafe and Daisy come to care for each other, but Daisy has found a fore
Ibjoy1953
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Daisy Riley and Rafe Donovan are the main characters in A GIFT TO CHERISH. I didn't read the first book in this series but I understand Daisy was in that book. I did nor have a problem with reading this second book as a stand alone, though I would have known Daisy a little better had I read book one.

The romance between Daisy and Rafe is a sweet one, though they had their share of difficult issues. Both had a lot of baggage to work through, which made life difficult for them at times. Author Vic
Becky
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
A Gift to Cherish continues Daisy Riley's story, which began in When He Found Me. (The book does work as a stand-alone novel, but I think it holds more impact if you understand what Daisy went through in When He Found Me.) With her abuser behind bars, Daisy is starting over in Refuge, Wyoming. She quickly meets an amazing man (Rafe) and lands an amazing job working for Miss Joan, owner of an historic ranch. Then her troubled friend moves to town, and Daisy's path—job wise and relationship wise—b ...more
Chanel
A Gift to Cherish is an emotional story about healing, redemption, and trusting God’s direction and plan for our lives.

I liked this book. The author did a wonderful job layering the multiple POVs to illustrate how fallible humans are yet doesn’t neglect to shine a light on how much we are in need of a Savior - the realism of the key characters’ brokenness and mistakes made them easy to relate to while reflecting on the beauty of grace.

I actually enjoyed Joan’s story, most of all – the anticipat
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Bylin has given readers a story that will absolutely touch their heart. She has managed to deal with some very real and difficult issues in a way that doesn't make a reader feel uncomfortable, shows great character growth, and reminds readers of the greatest gift we have - the gift of prayer. Bylin weaves the true importance of prayer throughout the entire story in such a subtle yet powerful way - and that is just how I like the faith thread to be. Not preachy, just a natural part of the storyli ...more
MJSH
"Where she lived didn't matter nearly as much as why she lived. And that was to love and to serve others. Geography didn't matter to God - not one bit. He met people where they lived - on mountaintops and in gutters."

Victoria Bylin spins yet another wonderfully heart-breaking and redemptive contemporary romance in this second installment of Road to Refuge series. I'm relatively new to her writing and the first book in the series, When He Found Me, was my introduction to her books. This book brin
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It will be impossible to finish reading this book without tears in your eyes and sweet joy in your heart.

Victoria Bylin brings to us a story weaved around trusting God and the journeys of the wonderful characters from darkness to light.

It was hard not to love the characters and identify with them in their joys, struggles and triumph. I admired Daisy's strength and resilience. Life had not been fair to her but she thrived even in uncertainties and her conversion story was beautiful.
I loved Raf
Brittany
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Gift to Cherish tackled many challenging issues in a straightforward, yet sensitive manner. There was a cautionary tale of a romance that occurred back in the 1970’s, where decisions made led to heartache. It was hard for me to read this portion of the story, which was presented in a flashback format. I felt sorry for Joan as I knew that she would not be getting a happy ending in that tale.

The modern day romance between Rafe and Daisy was really nice. I appreciated their candor with each other
Kav
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Not a day passes that I'm not scared about something and mad about something else. The calm you see? That's me hanging on to what Jesus did on the cross -- and I'm usually white-knuckling it with both hands." (p 214)

Real lives, broken people and the quest to find God in the midst of it all. I love that Victoria Bylin tackles current issues that affect women -- physically, mentally and emotionally -- with such grace and heart. She gets that Christians come in all shapes and sizes with diverse pa
Caitlyn Santi
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Victoria Bylin's contemporary novels (I've read all but one of them!) and after absolutely loving When He Found Me last year I jumped at the chance to request a review copy of the second book in the series! I loved Daisy in When He Found Me, and I was dying for her to get her own story, so when I first read the description of A Gift to Cherish and saw who it was about I was ecstatic and knew I had to read it! This book exceeded all my expectations, and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!
Than
100 Pages per Hour
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed getting to know Rafe and Daisy in this book. I appreciate that each character in this book was dealing with their own struggles ranging from PTSD to alcoholism. Their realistic character flaws made it easier to relate to them.

I also appreciated that the author has also included the real life issues of abuse and trafficking in this series. They are hard subjects to read about but it increases awareness.

This book really focused more on boundaries in relationships than some other books do
Lori
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bylin once again brings us some new and exciting characters.
Bylin will have you eagerly turning the pages to find out what happens to Daisy and Rafe. I stayed up to finish the book because I couldn't just stop at one chapter.
I love that this story is realistic and can draw you into it's pages like it's supposed to. She does a really good job and I can tell that this story is from her heart. Bylin wrote this with love.
Her supporting characters were amazing and I enjoyed getting to know them as
Marie
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you in advance to the author, Victoria Bylin, and JustRead Publicity Tours for providing an advanced review copy. A positive review was not required, all words are my own.

I was not familiar with the author’s work prior to this, so she is a “new-to-me” author.

While this is the second book in the “Road to Refuge” series, it easily acts as a standalone, though readers might enjoy reading the other book, “When He Found Me” prior to this one.

When I read the description for this book, I was r
Judy Gerlach
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The hits just keep on coming with this author! Loved the first book in the series, When He Found Me, and looked forward to reading the second. A Gift to Cherish did not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed the author’s masterful transition of the main characters from MJ and Shane to Daisy and Rafe. Although A Gift to Cherish can be read as a standalone book, I strongly suggest you start with the first book since Daisy has such an intriguing background as a supporting character laid out in that story ...more
Yannick Tricia
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rafe and Daisy are both broken and have come to Refuge to deal with their wounds in order to take a new start and they cross path. After a night shift while she was working in a restaurant she needs help with her flat tire and she reluctantly accept Rafe offer. Daisy has gone through an abusive relationship and was leaving with her brother, his fiancee and their child. Rafe is a Police Officer fron Cincinnati dealing with PTSD and has come to Refuge for afew month and lives with his brother and ...more
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Gift to Cherish by Victoria Bylin is the second in her Road to Refuge series. I especially enjoyed the first in the series, When He Found Me, and was quite eager to read this one. I’ve not been disappointed. While there are minor and brief allusions to the first novel in A Gift to Cherish, they only serve to enhance the new novel and does not make reading the books in order necessary; they could each be read as standalone if one wished.

Refuge, Wyoming; small town full of the kinds of people w
Beckie Burnham
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Gift to Cherish continues the story of Daisy Riley that was introduced in the first book in Victoria Bylin’s Road to Refuge series. Daisy is on the other side of an abusive relationship and safe in Refuge, Wyoming. This novel is a contemporary romance of the best kind. Its focus is on relationships — the good, the bad, and the ugly! With endearing characters and true-to-life issues, A Gift to Cherish is a recommended read.

The book centers on the relationship between Daisy and Rafe Donovan. Raf
Erin
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: justread-tours
My Thoughts on A Gift to Cherish:
I love a good book! This one is set back in time a bit but not enough for me to want to call it historical fiction. I’m sure some people would though. For me, it’s not that long before I was born so I don’t want to do that! I feel old enough as is!

This author has a propensity to write wonderful books. The characters draw you in and make you their best friends. You become invested in them and have to know what happens next and where they end up. She also happens
CarolynB
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
The second book in the Road to Refuge series continues with Daisy Riley who has found her brother and has settled in Refuge, Wyoming, far away from the trauma she sufferd in the previous book. She meets a visiting police officer from Cincinnati and has to make many decisions about what comes next for her. I loved most of the characters in the book and am hoping there will be a book three to follow up with these friends of Daisy.
Ochegba
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful read. Both Rafe and Daisy have a lot to deal with in life and from their past experiences
Daisy still struggles with letting go of her past and trusting God for her future. She's broken and not sure she's worth anything or ready to love anyone. I loved seeing her grow, learning to love herself and cast aside the thoughts that she wasn't good enough.
And there's Rafe, also dealing with his own issues and suffering from PTSD especially with his job and his faith
I loved he and Da
Kendra Neal
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
A Gift to Cherish by Victoria Bylin was a book that was difficult to read. I was able to get through the book, but it was a difficult read. The real life topics that were touched upon in the book make it a very difficult read for me.

The 2 main characters in the book are Daisy Riley and Rafe Donavan. They both meet in Refuge, Wyoming, where they have both relocated to recently. They both have troubled pasts that they are hoping to leave behind by coming to Refuge, Wyoming. They begin to fall for
Sonnetta
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Love requires sacrifice is woven throughout this book. It requires stepping out on faith as Rafe, Daisy and Miss Joan learned in this moving novel. How we response to the choices in our past can determine our future. Readers get to see what happens when you surrender to God. It does not always go the way you want but God will be your guide through the good and the bad. These characters have had tragedies that could have made them bitter but through the redeeming power of God's love be brought th ...more
Tamara
Apr 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Suzie Waltner
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Victoria Bylin returns to Refuge, Wyoming with familiar characters and some new ones. While A Gift to Cherish works fine as a stand alone book, I highly recommend reading When He Found Me first. Not only is it an excellent story, it tells more of Daisy’s story.

Daisy and Rafe are both in Refuge trying to heal. While Daisy has found her place with family, Rafe is visiting his brother for a visit while he’s on leave from the Cincinnati PD. From the first time these two characters meet, we see Rafe’
Pam
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Gift to Cherish is another honestly realistic book that encourages readers to boldly face the giants in their lives with the help of the Lord. Although the story is obviously a contemporary romance, it is so much more. Both the hero and heroine of this tale carry secrets and heavy burdens that prevent them from living their life to the fullest. Fear has led to a strong lack of trust, especially of the opposite sex. The third primary character is an older woman, their employer who has also deci ...more
Tracey
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Victoria Bylin tackles the modern day cultural problems facing society today with her trademark honesty and bravery, all while telling a riveting story sure to captivate readers to the very last page.

In A Gift to Cherish, the second book in the Road to Refuge series, Bylin's characters are once again in need of refuge and healing for all manner of issues ranging from the dangers of online dating, domestic abuse, human trafficking to PTSD.

Daisey Riley and Rafe Donovan have their issue to overco
Randi Sampson
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Gift To Cherish is book number two in Victoria Bylin's Road To Refuge series. I must admit though, I did not even realize it was part of a series until I sat down to write this review. Needless to say, it can be read as a standalone with no problem. That said, I so enjoyed not only this story, but the author's unique voice in the Christian fiction genre that I will certainly be interested in going back and reading book one, and more from her in the future as well.

In A Gift To Cherish, we meet
Kimmie
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the colors used in this cover! They really caught my eye. I do want to let you know that this book is the second book in a series. It can be read as a stand-alone though, as the characters from the previous book are just mentioned in passing.
I read Victoria Bylin’s first book back when it released and loved her edgy writing style. Victoria Bylin tells real-life stories and she does not shy away from the facts. The main characters in this book were easy to follow and get invested in. I love

• Start With Me
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Just Like Home (Harbor Pointe, #4)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • Some Bright Someday (Maple Valley #2)
  • Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)
  • Before I Called You Mine
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets, #1)
  • The House at the End of the Moor
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • The Gentleman Spy (Serendipity & Secrets, #2)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue, #2)
  • To Love a Prince (True Blue Royal, #1)
  • The Escape (US Marshals, #1)
  • Until I Met You (Restoring Heritage, #2)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
If someone had told me twenty years ago that I'd be the author of 20 books, I'd have fallen off my chair. I’m still amazed to see my novels on Goodreads, Amazon, and occasionally the shelves at Walmart.

More than anything, I delight in telling stories that tackle tough issues with faith and compassion. One my most challenging books, Together With You, won the RWA FHL Readers Choice Award for Best

Road to Refuge (2 books)
  • When He Found Me (Road to Refuge #1)