Start by marking “The Alien Reindeer's Joy (A Winter Starr, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Alien Reindeer's Joy (A Winter Starr, #7)

The Alien Reindeer's Joy

(A Winter Starr #7)

Dashing through the snow is no fun when you're running for your life...
For reindeer shifter Kaelar, Christmas means a lot more than caroling and hot chocolate. Without him and his fellow reindeer working for Santa, excess joy would go to waste instead of into the hearts of children who need it.

Kaelar is committed to the season and the work that comes with it—even when i
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published November 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Alien Reindeer's Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alien Reindeer's Joy

Start your review of The Alien Reindeer's Joy (A Winter Starr, #7)
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.

Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful novella to get me in the mood for the holiday! It was well written and edited cleanly, with very few if any typos or wrong word choices. I really liked the fact that the model on the cover of this novel had dark brown skin just like the romantic hero of this novel did. I loved the fact that the reilendeer species is able to distribute joy to those in need, and the fact that the sci-fi elements of this story were seamlessly integrated into the holiday mythology. The idea of S ...more
Kelly
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm still getting a kick out of these reindeer shifters, but I'm having a hard time divorcing myself from the mythology laid out in previous stories (for the record, these books are all stand-alones with separate mythology and characters from book to book). I'm going to go on record as saying I was on A LOT of cold meds while I was reading this particular book, so I might have mixed up other releindeer abilities with the abilities of this particular gentleman.

Anywho. Kaelar! And Chloe! He's a r
Barbara Hanson
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reindeer shifter Kaelar is not from Earth but he has lived here many years. He works for Santa collecting excess joy and passing it onto the people who need it most.
Chloe is a doctor working on the children’s ward and so far, has not met her Mr Right.
When they bump into each other, literally, Kaelar apologises and eventually agrees to visit the children in hospital to make up for the accident.
But all this Christmas joy has got the attention of some nasty aliens and they must try to find and stop
Jessica Mitchell
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun story. With a different set of shifters I rarely here about. I really enjoyed this novel. Has a smidge of romance, good stock of adventure and action. Combined with shifters and magic of the season. Who wouldn't love this book.
Kaelar is a race called Reilendeer aka like a normal Earth reindeer. The siphon extra joy in the area during the Christmas, New Year's holiday. Then spread it to much needed area's or people. Only he's lately working over time because someone is doing so
Kristine L.
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chloe is a doctor working with the children at the local hospital . She's a very dedicated doctor and has no time for dating. She ends up meeting Kaelar who loves his work spreading joy around the holidays. Kaelar happens to meet his mate, Chloe, and he's trying to find the people who are stealing the joy in his town. Chloe knows that Kaelar is someone special and she finds that he is an Alien reindeer and one of Santa's helpers. This was a fun book to read especially as it's getting close to Ch ...more
Goddess of Chaos
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kaelar’s Joy is remarkable

The fantastic and amazing thing about escapist entertainment is it can offer us a glimpse of another world, in this case, a world where beings like Kaelar can collect excess Joy, floating in the ether, and distribute it to those most in need. What a wonderful, and remarkable, holiday gift.

Chloe, the Doctor Kaelar meets while on his rounds offers insight into how some spend their holidays — and why they might need a little of our excess joy.

This done in one quick read is
Tania
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great, the story was well written and the characters are interesting. Kaelar is a reindeer who wants people to have a Christmas Spirit, he went to the children's hospital and that is when he meets Chloe. Chloe is a doctor for the children's hospital, she meets Kaelar, she likes that he wants the same thing as her make the children happy. The emotions run high with the alien chasing, you have love, hot and steamy.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

I received a fre
Deb O
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such an awesome fun read that I really enjoyed reading. The characters and story grabbed me form the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. I loved Kaeler and Chole they were well developed and worked well together. It's a wonderful fun Christmas story to get you ready for the holidays and a must read for any fan! I can't wait to read more from the author!!!

Elizabeth McDaniel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaelar was an alien that looked human in one form but with antlers because he didn’t want to lose them and they looked like reindeer in their other form. They helped Santa distribute joy on earth. Chloe was a small town doctor. When the two of them met he realized she was his mate. She couldn’t stop thinking about him. This was a sweet and fun read.

Jane
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chloe is a doctor in a hospital who tries to keep the seriously ill children in her care calm and as happy as they can be. Kaelar is a reindeer shifter and one of Santa's helpers. His role is to spread joy wherever he can. Naturally he and Chloe are brought together over their dedication to the children, and when another alien race attacks stealing all the joy to sell for profit, this has to be stopped!

This is a sweet little story with a lot of love and joy and just enough lovin'!
Sydney M Neblett
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The perfect read for the holidays
What an adorable new take on Santa and his reindeer. The author really managed to bring the joy of the holiday season to this book, along with the discord that makes up a great romance story. I really enjoyed the way these characters found their own joy and their HEA. I especially liked the way they brought joy to everyone around them. I can’t wait to read the next book by this author.
Angela
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. This is a fabulous story! Pediatrician Chloe ‘s patients are having a rough night. Kaelar a reilander is assigned to spread joy so he changes into a reindeer spreading joy among the patients. Only to find something is stealing the joy from the town but who? These two try to solve the problem and find love also. It is a great light hearted sci fi.

Lisa Bing
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great Christmas story, full of small town romance, family, drama, danger, and, of course, joy. The main characters have a great attraction to each other and their chemistry sizzles, even as they race both into helping children and also danger as they struggle to save Christmas joy from becoming a black market item. Crazy thought and this thoroughly engaging story takes us on the 'ride' of a lifetime. Good fun! ...more
Caroline Doig
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story even though it’s only a short one but who doesn’t love Christmas and sexy reindeer, this book is a real treat it’s including aliens who want to steal the joy of Christmas boo to them. I won’t go into detail with this story because the blurb says it all but if you love stories about sexy hero’s finding their mates and saving Christmas then this is the book for you. I loved this story and I highly recommend this book it’s definitely well worth the read.
Chantal-Lise Mirman
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JOY to the World!

This is definitely the book for you if you want to get into the holiday spirit! A reilendeer shifter, a good-hearted Doctor, and children craving some Christmas love from their hospital beds crash against a nefarious plot by aliens trying to steal and resell Joy on the black market. A feel good story with a sexy twist is a great present to give yourself for the holidays!
Raina Collins
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With alien reindeers you know you should expect anything. The one sure thing is the joy they will bring with them. Kaelar is one of the reilendeer (alien reindeers) and loves his job of spreading joy. Chloe is a doctor that works mostly in the children’s ward. Together the two make a great team. But when someone starts stealing joy they may have more than they can handle. A little adventure and plenty of romance.
Leslie Zak
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute alien/human romance

This quick, well written book is perfect for all year round reading. The alien, looking like a reindeer is employed to distribute joy to those in need of it especially sick children. Problems arise when some other aliens invent a technology to steal joy. A love develops between the alien and the female doctor who work together to save the day. Light, heart warming read.
Melody Hillier
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a fun reindeer alien shifter christmas story, cute, sweet but also steamy as well Chloe doctor at local hospital and Kaeler Alien reindeer and Santa's helper have a great story to tell about christmas joy, bad aliens and finding your mate.

Barbara
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book seven in the A Winter Starr series and the first book I have read in this series.A well written Christmas story. This is Chloe is a doctor at a children's hospital and reindeer shifter Kaelar's story of suspense, drama, danger, evil Zalfa, and romance. I want to read more books from this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Sherry Westendorf
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He is a reindeer shifter and on a mission to stop some alien's who are trying to destroy something precious to the children. He meets her at the hospital where she is a doctor. Things progress from there. It is exciting, fun, suspenseful, intriguing and so much more. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it. ...more
Mim  Crenshaw
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This definitely put my in the holiday mood and made me smile. The storyline was interesting, well written, just truly original. These authors just totally knocked this out of the park. I want a reindeer shifter of my own lol.

A
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked this up for the premise alone - Christmas + alien reindeer who harvests joy + romance + children's hospital - and was expecting it to be terrible. However, it actually managed to sell this totally bonkers setup successfully enough that I now also kind of want to read about the alien Santa who employs the alien reindeer.

Ridiculous fun!
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Alien Reindeer's Joy by Sonia Nova is a wonderful story to read. This is book number seven in this wonderful story that I have loved reading and can not wait to read the next book. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about Sci-Fi , holiday and paranormal romances.

Juanita E. Arp
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, it has a good storyline. The chemistry and interaction between the characters Chloe and Kaelar is wonderful. I can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review. ...more
Marianne
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet sci-fi romance. I loved it... The characters and story are lovely! Reindeer shifters that make everyone happy and a Christmas romance... Perfection!

Leanne Bryson
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't love, didn't hate it. Just OK for me. Kaelar an alien shifter reindeer who spreads joy to those who need it, meets Dr Chloe who spreads joy to patients. OK, a Hallmark movie it's not, a little to cheesy for me.

Received an ARC from Booksprout and this is my honest review.
Linda Levine
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great paranormal romance to get you into the Christmas spirit.

I really enjoyed seeing these two who devote so much to others find love.

It is a well written story that delivers just what it promises.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Trixie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the concept of a reindeer that distributed joy to those who needs it. Wish it was true because we all need joy in our lives.

Pat
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun festive read. Characters were great and the storyline was wonderful. Totally heart warming for Xmas I recieved a free copy and this is my honest review

• Vykor (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #9; Intergalactic Dating Agency #69)
  • Brock's Pleasure (Kodiak Dating Agency, #3)
  • Hunter Enslaved (Tarron Hunters #2)
  • The Tree of Time (Called by a Viking, #5)
  • Yolcadian Warriors: The Complete Series Collection
  • Jet (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #8; Intergalactic Dating Agency #67)
  • Smoke, Vampires, and Mirrors (Sasha Urban, #7)
  • A Family for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #4)
  • Toxic (Alien Breed #2.5)
  • Cupid Claus
  • Ethan (Moonlight Wolves Book 5)
  • Karos (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #7; Intergalactic Dating Agency #61)
  • Alpha's Prey (Conquered Mates, #2)
  • Highlander Cursed (Highlander in Time #6)
  • Vengeful Prince (Territorial Mates, #1)
  • Silver Bells (Mountain Mermaids; Sapphire Lake #18)
  • Hunter Unchained (Tarron Hunters #3)
  • Christmas Night Bear (Silvertip Shifters #7)
Sonia Nova is an author of Science Fiction Romance. She loves to write about sexy, dominant alien men and the women who melt their hearts. When she is not writing, she can be found watching sci-fi movies, reading, and dreaming of her very own alien hunk!

Sign up for Sonia Nova’s Newsletter at:

A Winter Starr (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Alien's Winter Gift (A Winter Starr #1)
  • Miracle Of The Beast (A Winter Starr, #2)
  • Their Winter Miracle (A Winter Starr, #3)
  • Alien Warlord’s Miracle (A Winter Starr, #4)
  • The Alien Reindeer's Wild Ride (A Winter Starr, #5)
  • The Alien Reindeer’s Bounty (A Winter Starr, #6)
  • The Alien Reindeer's Redemption (A Winter Starr, #8)
  • The Alien Reindeer's Christmas Package (A Winter Starr, #9)
  • The Alien Reindeer's Escape (A Winter Starr, #10)
  • The Alien Reindeer's Winter Cabin (A Winter Starr, #11)

News & Interviews