Start by marking “Gracie's Garden” as Want to Read:
Gracie's Garden

Gracie's Garden

Little by little, good things grow!

Come play in the garden with Gracie! Join the garden tea party with her sister Sarah, taste tomatoes right off the vine with her crunchy munchy brother Joshua, and plant seeds! Some seeds, though, don't grow fast enough for Joshua. He wants to munch on tomatoes NOW. What will he do while he waits on those tiny tomato seeds to grow?
Published July 14th 2020 by B Kids

To ask other readers questions about Gracie's Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gracie's Garden

Start your review of Gracie's Garden
Vera Godley
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book teaches youngsters about how little things (seeds) grow to become bigger things (garden goodies). It is a charming story of an older sister teaching her younger siblings how to plant seeds and then to wait for them to grow into something they can enjoy.

The illustrations are bright, cheerful, energetic, and charming. They picture happiness and familiar sharing and joy. The illustrations really capture the joyful heart of the story and young Gracie who is an adorable older sister.

A lovel
hannah_teacherbynature
Gracie’s Garden, written by Lara Casey of Cultivate What Matters, opens with a sweet picture of siblings Gracie, Joshua, and Sarah enjoying a couple of the delightful things about growing a garden: carrots and dirt! Gracie, with the help of Nutty the squirrel, explains to Joshua and Sarah how tomato seeds grow little by little, from “teeny tiny specks” (pg. 10) to “tomatoes for you to eat” (pg.23). Gracie, Joshua, and Sarah learn how to wait patiently for their plants to grow and finally celebra ...more
Karen Ferguson
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recently signed up to be a book reviewer for B & H/Lifeway books and am pleased to post my first “official” book review for Gracie’s Garden by Lara Casey.

Lara Casey is the CEO of Cultivate What Matters and author of Make it Happen and Cultivate. She’s also mom to Gracie, Joshua, and Sarah, all 3 characters in this charming book about the life lessons to be learned through gardening.

I was thrilled to see a children’s book available for review, as I’m moving into my own journey as a children’s b
Joanne Viola
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while a children's book comes along that captures the hearts of children and parents alike. Gracie's Garden by Lara Casey is just the book which will do so.

Come along with Gracie, her sister Sarah, and brother Joshua and discover precious lessons on miracles, patience, and purpose in the most whimsical of ways.

As they wait for their seeds to grow, these children share their playtime and conversations in the sweetest of ways sure to catch the attention of any child.

The illustratio
Jessica
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have followed Lara Casey for years and her words have touched my life. I’m so excited to be able to share her words with my children as well. Gracie’s Garden is an absolutely gorgeous book. All of the little details - the gold foil, the bright colors, and beautiful illustrations bring this precious story to life. My children have discovered new treasures each time we have read it. While the book itself is sweet, the message is even sweeter. The heart of the book is a testament to the little mi ...more
Tamara Menges
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart! I knew Gracie's Garden was in the works and on Lara's heart. What a joyful book this is in God's perfect timing! Our first time to read together, my daughter and I, she immediately requested a second time to read it. Then she was ready to head outside and explore and create her own garden just like Gracie's Garden! I love that Lara guides little one's hearts to the "miracles in each tiny seed" and that she is pointing them to how God is in the details! We have since read this multip ...more
Amy Langmaack
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Gracie’s Garden is one of the sweetest, fun books I’ve read in a while. The giggles that erupt EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we read this story are just the best. It’s a great way to introduce gardens to kiddos. And waiting. And miracles too.

I loved how the kids brainstormed things they love to do to keep themselves busy while they’re waiting for their plants to grow. I’m not sure I’d ever considered a vegetable growing from a seed a miracle, but after reading Gracie’s Garden, I’ll never think of it any
Lisa Buchanan
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a beautiful children's book packed with wonderful artwork and important lessons for all. We enjoy reading it together and picking out all the details in the artwork as well as seeing what each of the threesome are up to in each part of the story. My kids always say, Read it again!" when we finish. They even look for the book to read it themselves when we aren't reading together! Also, the book cover has a special surprise inside that my kids love...especially my little comedians! ...more
Emily
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gracie's Garden is such an enjoyable book! My children enjoyed it also. The pictures are beautiful and we enjoyed looking through the illustrations. My children loved to pick various things out. The message is also great and I would recommend this book.

Gracie's Garden would be a great gift book also.
Kristi Veis
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This children’s book is a must read. The way it engages children with all the beautiful pictures and relatable scenarios; it even allows for the new little readers to pick out words that they know. The pictures are gorgeous. The utilization of the cover as a piece of artwork is fantastic and made this mama excited to share this book with her own kiddos.
Amy Campbell
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a precious book sure to captivate you and your little ones! The magic of growing a garden and the miracle of how a tomato plant grows from a tiny seed! God grows this little by little just as he does with us! The life lessons are woven in for kiddos but also for anyone of any age! We loved this family book and the illustrations are so adorable! This is a special one for your bookshelf!
Jody
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet book! I loved the lessons of patience and God’s miracles, and my kids loved following along. The illustrations are beautiful, too! The gold foil is stunning and really makes this a special, gift-worthy book. I’m already planning to gift this to a few children this summer for their birthdays.
Nicole
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even put into words how lovely this book is! It’s all about planting seeds and finding joy in the waiting season. Such beautiful lessons to teach your kiddos. There is the most adorable & clever wordplay, and the characters are just darling! My daughter already loves it!!
Amy McCullough
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such an adorable book! My 6 year old and 3 year old love helping me in our garden so I knew they would enjoy this book and they definitely did! Lara Casey wrote a beatiful children's book about how hard it is to wait but God is working behind the scenes and creating something wonderful! ...more
Chelsea Tademy
Shelves: read-with-kids
First, this book is gorgeous! I love the thoughtfulness that was put into the details. This precious book encourages kiddos to explore and appreciate the world around them. I can foresee this being a book my kids ask us to read to them many many times!
Danielle
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book with excellent, understandable lessons about patience and growth for little ones. The illustrations are beautiful as well!
Gayle
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a darling book with a great message for kids!! I wish I would have had this book when my older kids were younger. There are so many valuable discussions it would have opened!!
Nannette
Victoria
Jun 30, 2020
Melissa Mooney
Jul 02, 2020

• Point of Danger (Triple Threat, #1)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Burden of Proof
  • Unknown Threat (Defend and Protect, #1)
  • You're Not Enough (and That's Ok): Escaping the Toxic Culture of Self-Love
  • Fascinating Bible Studies on Every Parable: For Personal or Small Group Use
  • The Read-Aloud Family: Making Meaningful and Lasting Connections with Your Kids
  • Don't Keep Silent (Uncommon Justice, #3)
  • Active Defense (Danger Never Sleeps, #3)
  • Love Like You Mean It: The Heart of a Marriage that Honors God
  • Wherever You Go, I Want You to Know
  • Stand All the Way Up: Stories of Staying In It When You Want to Burn It All Down
  • Befriending Your Monsters: Facing the Darkness of Your Fears to Experience the Light
  • Backlash (Capital Intrigue, #2)
  • The Escape (US Marshals, #1)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • Hosanna in Excelsis: Hymns and Devotions for the Christmas Season
  • Happiness for Beginners
Hi! I’m Lara. A mom to three–one through the gift of adoption—a grateful wife, and a believer in the impossible! She is the Founder and CEO of Cultivate What Matters and created the PowerSheets® Goal Planner–an intentional goal-setting planner to help women break down their goals into manageable action steps and start living on purpose. She founded Southern Weddings magazine a decade ago and is th ...more