Start by marking “Let It Sew” as Want to Read:
Let It Sew

Let It Sew

It’s the day before the last day of term and Year One teacher Harry Britton has a problem: all of the costumes for his nativity play have been destroyed by accident. The only person who can possibly help him is Edward Saunders, who runs a small tailor and alterations shop in the village.

Edward is more than a little shocked to be asked to make seventeen costumes for five
ebook
Published November 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Let It Sew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let It Sew

Start your review of Let It Sew
Len Evans Jr
This adorable and sweet very short story is polished and complete... if your looking for a HEA this is not it as they are just about to go on their first date as the story ends. I loved both of the MCs and considering the length of the story very well developed. Definitely a fun and easy read and I would love to see the author to take these two further in additional stories!
~Volha~
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather enjoyed this Christmas short. It was no steam no angst dual POV novelette featuring a banker turned elementary school teacher and a tailor in a small village in Dartmoor. I was charmed by the British colloquialisms and two men who were both a bit shy but wanted the same in life. The author managed to give just enough history about both men, Harry and Edward (the names alone are swoon worthy when put together), that I really cared and wanted them to be happy by the end of this little ...more
Denise H.
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warm hearts have found hope !

A fantastic short story set in England at Christmas time. Edward is an established tailor working at his shop. A man rushes in with an important mission; to get Nativity costumes for his class. A tragedy befell the intended outfits, so time was of the essence. We like each man right away from their actions and demeanors. A night spent assembling the desired characters small sized apparel was intensely hard work. The two men get to talk and get to know each other,
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Adorable!

Sweet little story of a grade 1 teacher, Harry, in need of help with costumes for the end of year school play. In comes Edward for the rescue. The two work together to get it done and well doing so get to know one another a little more.
Rachel
4 Stars

This slice-of-life nibblet gave me the sweetest feeling of comfort and warmth. I love reading about small English villages, their inhabitants, and their local color. The two MCs face a big challenge, but they tackle it with optimism and admirable good cheer; even though the events happen quickly I was completely convinced that these two will make it work. They are perfect together!

This story was just plain cute, and I greatly enjoyed it!

What a tasty little holiday delicacy!
Sunne
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute and charming little short story. It captured the christmas spirit. I admit, I'm not a great fan of short stories because I often feel like I'm missing out. But despite the fact that I would have loooooved to see the starting relationship to progress, this was the magical moment in time and I loved it. 4-5 stars
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I loved all of this except for how short it was. From the very first page I was caught up in the tale and knew I would want more.

Christmas magic!
Tam
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, christmas-story
This is a super sweet story about a teacher who turns to a local tailor to help him create 20 some nativity play costumes for the next day as the originals were ruined. He is called into help and after success, he makes the move to approach the tailor who is very shy. This takes place over about 24-36 hours so it's only the start of the story and if you like sweet stories with no explicit content this is for you. The panic of trying to find costumes and the calm cool Harry who just got onto the ...more
Lelyana
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, holiday, mm, 2019, dsp

This was an adorable one! I liked how Edward and Harry got connected easily. Maybe because in a little town, people usually less worry about talking to stranger.
Helping Harry made costumes for his students, they became close easily.
It was fast, but hey! Christmas is about magical things.
A definite comfort read in a holiday seasons! Happy holiday everyone!
Courtney Bassett
Charming

This short brought to life a quaint English village and the bustle of last-minute preparations for a Christmas play, and the characters were endearing. I’m always a bit sad when just as the characters acknowledge interest in each other, the story is over, but I suppose there’s only so much you can fit in a short. Still, I enjoyed the read and the atmosphere it created.
Erica
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Low-key, charming sweetness.
Jules Lovestoread
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe closer to 3.5 stars - but, I so enjoyed the charming little story. <3 <3 <3
Julie
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and just right

Exactly what one would expect for a sweet Christmas story with a beginning to a relationship I wish I could read more about. There’s enough subtext that you can guess that the costume shrinkage prompting the teacher to ask the tailor for help was accidentally-on-purpose, LOL. I like stories like this. Sweet as cranberry orange bread.
Ros
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Low-key sweet and delightful without being sappy and tooth-gritting. Hit exactly the right note for a short-and-sweet holiday romance.
Lena Grey
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
“My soul is fed with needle and thread.” ~ sewber.com

Edward, of ‘Let It Sew’ by Ana Martin, is surprised when a handsome young man. Harry, rushes into his shop with an urgent request. Harry is a first-year teacher at the local school. The costumes for their Advent presentation have been ruined and he needs Edward’s help to replace them. Edward is hesitant to take on the task, but Harry seems so desperate that he can’t turn him down.

The Advent play is an important event in town: Harry is worried
Heather
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: xmas-time
4-1/2 Stars
In my reading experience tailors of higher end quality items, whether they are in a large or small shop, tend to be a bit on the snooty side, thinking they are a little above everyday/off the rack items. Edward Saunders is not and I think that was what made me love him from the very beginning. When Harry Britton comes into his shop and is in need of children's costumes for a school Christmas play Edward sounds hesitant for a few minutes then sees the desperation on Harry's face and
Benjamin Wong
Charming little story to start me off on my Christmas reading. I've always found English Christmases to be quaint, charming and eclectic, and this little short story captured the mood of it with its setting. I liked that it was not a meet-cute-jump-into-bed kind of story, but rather a shy, slow dance with plenty of stealing glances and "is he or is he not into me". The ending might seem abrupt, but the sweet kiss at the end was a perfect punctuation to the story, though I would have loved it if ...more
Amanda
Novellas are hard, and I just feel like this one slightly missed. Don’t get me wrong, it’s cute, but it just left me thinking “that’s it?!” And not because of the length. The MCs don’t really interact all that much in my opinion, and I don’t see how they’ve even started to fall for each other. I fully acknowledge this is probably a me issue though, so I still suggest everyone checks it out for themselves.
Ellen
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet little novelette that was fun to read. It was a quick read, but just long enough to get enough background story on the 2 main characters for the reader to root for them.

A primary teacher and the tailor who helps him with a musical nativity emergency. There's no heat (if that's what you're looking for) but a satisfactory HEA (or potential for HEA) that takes place in what sounds like a cute little village somewhere in England.
Laks
Lovely romance

This is a really short Christmas romance where a tailor rescues a primary school teacher, who needed Christmas play costumes made on an emergency basis. Even though short, the writing is good with cute guys connecting over Christmas.
Lala Albert
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an adorable short little story. Very short. It's really just the first meeting of the two MCs, but there is definitely a hopeful ending for more. Short and supremely sweet. Very well written. I definitely wanted more of these two.
May
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, 2019, xmas
3.5 really sweet.
Tinnean
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story! I would have loved to see what happened to them after that thorough snog, but it will be fun imagining it.
Christina
1.5 Stars
Zane Kage
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Pjm12
Oh most adorable. Well written. Atmospheric and Chrismassy.
Claire
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So cute...so sappy and sweet. Just what I needed in a holiday story.
Mary
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bite size of Christmas delight!
Em

• The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Hometown Christmas
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • To Touch the Light (Irons and Works)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • Noble
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Tallowwood
  • Love in 24 Frames
  • Stick to the Script (Ace's Wild, #13)
Anna Martin is from a picturesque seaside village in the south west of England. After spending most of her childhood making up stories, she studied English Literature at university before attempting to turn her hand as a professional writer.

Apart from being physically dependent on her laptop, she is enthusiastic about writing and producing local grassroots theatre (especially at the Edinburgh