Start by marking “Eating Our Hearts Out: Personal Accounts of Women's Relationship to Food” as Want to Read:
Eating Our Hearts Out: Personal Accounts of Women's Relationship to Food

Eating Our Hearts Out: Personal Accounts of Women's Relationship to Food

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
The author of Fat Chance and SomeBody to Love: A Guide to Loving the Body You Have presents 92 personal accounts by women of all ages and walks of life, who tell stories of their past and present problems with food, their childhood traumas, how their lives have been affected, and their visions of the future.
Published March 1st 1993 by Crossing Press

To ask other readers questions about Eating Our Hearts Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eating Our Hearts Out

Hannah
Ugh, I'm so disappointed by this collection that I'm quitting on page 81. One, like way too many compilations of this type, the quality of writing is hit-or-miss (all of the poems=MISS). Two, although I guess I could have surmised as much from the cover photo, I felt that it was overly focused on women's *negative* relationship to food, specifically on eating disorders. That's a part of the issue, sure, but essay after essay on eating disorders ended up feeling a little redundant.
Billie
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
A thought provoking collection of essays and poems that deal with the relationship of women and food. Newman was gathered a great variety of authors who are brave enough and honest enough to share their stories and struggles.
Selkie
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book contains stories & poems written in a variety of styles (including poetry) about all eating disorders from anorexia to obesity, to just food obsession in general.

All women would find something to associate with by reading this. It might even inspire you to write your own
angie
Délice
Jan 03, 2018
Diane Spight
Mar 04, 2018
Lesléa Newman (born 1955, Brooklyn, NY) is the author of over 50 books including Heather Has Two Mommies, A Letter To Harvey Milk, Writing From The Heart, In Every Laugh a Tear, The Femme Mystique, Still Life with Buddy, Fat Chance and Out of the Closet and Nothing to Wear.
She has received many literary awards including Poetry Fellowships from the Massachusetts Artists Fellowship Foundation and th
More about Lesléa Newman