Start by marking “The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)

The Lies We Tell

(The Four #1)

Starting over after my father’s sudden death was bad enough, but the four boys who rule Alstone College, my new university, are determined to make my life even more difficult. One in particular. Caiden Cavendish.
My nightmare. My shadow. My stepbrother.

My dad’s death was an accident... Lie.
My life isn’t in danger... Lie.
The Four won’t bring mayhem to my life... Lie.
I
Published January 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Lies We Tell, please sign up.
Becca Steele There isn't a pre-order up for this one - it will have a live release on Amazon on January 28th, and it will be available both to buy and in Kindle…moreThere isn't a pre-order up for this one - it will have a live release on Amazon on January 28th, and it will be available both to buy and in Kindle Unlimited(less)

Start your review of The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Was there even a question of if you would see a review from me for The Lies We Tell? I had never read anything from this author before, but when this book was brought to my attention, there was no way I could pass it up! The blurb practically screams my name!

A group of hot, rich guys known as The Four that rule the school (college) attempt to make Winter's life hell for reasons unbeknownst to her. They warn her, insult her, key her car, and follow her around wherever she goes, but it's not
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Steamy Bully romance with a dangerous twist!

Absolutely Fantastic book! It has the rich bullies, the nice girl, the intrigue, suspense and danger and to top it off a steamy romance. I loved every minute and could not put it down. I also can’t wait for more. “The Four” are the four richest and sexiest men on campus. Their families pretty much own the nearby town and do business all over the world as well and The Four are the top men on campus at Alstone college.

Winter Huntington has switched
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
lies

'THE LIES WE TELL' is the first full length romance book by new to me author Becca Steele's 'The Four' series. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

Bloody Instagram!! This bloody book right here has been boomeranging all over my IG feed!!
So of course I had to bloody oneclick it!! I blame it all on that lickable cover too!!

I really enjoyed this one, holy hotness!! In this we get not one but FOUR hot boys (Caiden, Zayde, Cassius and Weston) who reign over Alstone College!! The untouchable Kings!! I
queen_of_the_books_18
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo, The Four are coming for you, Snow.”

The Lies We Tell is book one in The Four Series.
If you love College, Stepbrother, enemies to lovers romance then this is the book for you!!

Becca crafts a mysterious plot with lots of fire and sass from the heroine, scenes that will melt you kindle and parts that will have you holding your breath.

“Watch your back, Winter. You’re out of your depth, and you don’t know how to swim in these waters.”

Can we just talk about The Four for a
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
Holy Hell! What the fuck? Becca Steele left me speechless. Well that’s a lie she left me needing to yell at her for answers and shout from the roof tops how amazing this book is!

The Lies We Tell is absolutely phenomenal! Becca Steele delivers an amazing book that is sure to be a top read and absolutely sets a high standard for any other reads this year.

Caiden is a sexy as sin, hot as hell alpha who leaves me needing more of him. But all of the four are hot, sexy, and wicked. Winter is a badass h
Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lies We Tell is book one in Becca Steele's new series The Four and it is absolutely amazing!!!! Seriously, if I could give it more than 5 Stars I would.

Quick recap - Winter believes her father's death wasn't an accident and goes looking for answers by getting close to her estranged mother. This puts her in the firing line of Caiden, her step brother, who hates her on sight purely because he thinks she is just like her mother who he despises. And then there is The Four, holy hotness you do
Alley Ciz
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I NEED BOOK 2 RIGHT THIS DAMN MINUTE.

I need answers and I need them now. Ms. Steele sucks you into the intriguing, dangerous, and just plan hot as hell world of The Four and will have you flipping pages until you get to the end only to leave you saying WTF how can that be the end. She's lucky she lives "across the pond" from me because otherwise I'd be standing behind her making her write all the words until I she crafts the next installment of what I can already tell with be one hot AF saga.

Christina ( The MasqueReader )
Hi, my name is Christina and I'm addicted to The Four! What? Surely your not surprised! I have a weakness for HOT Fictional characters. We can all thank Becca Steele for supplying us with a few in this book!

We all love sexy guys in our books but my absolute favorite is to have a strong heroine. I want a h that can give as good as she gets, of course I expect there might be some moments of weakness. Winter is a great example of that. She's strong willed, sassy and caring. Determined to find out
Carmen Richter
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HO-LY CRAP!!!

Yeah, that's about where my head is right now. I'm struggling to brain enough to be able to write a coherent review. This book had my heart racing the whole way through. If it wasn't from suspense, it was from all of the hotness that is the Four. Can we just talk about the part where they were all in suits for a second? Drool!

Winter is such a sweetheart, and I love how fearless she is in her quest for answers, despite the fear she's obviously feeling. Caiden is such a complicated
Deborah  Kimberley
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love Becca Steele’s style of writing. The Lies We Tell is very different for her. I was open to trying it, and the fact that I read it in one sitting speaks volumes for me, but speaks higher of the author and the book that I’ve just read. My tell on a book is the length of time between starting to read and finishing.
I don’t like giving away spoilers which makes this so much harder with any book, but for this book there are so many tropes it covers, so many highs and lows, so many twists and
Ash Lovesbooks
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lies We Tell is Book one in the series The Four.

This book checks all the boxes for a brilliant and exciting slightly dark romance.
•Looking for a hot sexy alpha male ( this book has 4 that will blow your mind!
•Relatable main female character (Winter is a great combination of smart, sassy, bold and uncertain that anyone will want to get to know better).
•Hot sexy romance
•Elements of danger and suspense
• A mystery

The characters are interesting, entertaining, and full of personality. The
C. Lymari
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eeny, meeny, miny, mo.
The Four are coming for you, Snow.

And commeth they did.

I love Miss Becca's work, but this is a work of art. This story the characters, freaking wow.
Winter is sassy with a mouth on her and a thirst for answers it doesn't matter the cost.
Well, that cost has a name...Caiden. Her new step-brother- her new enemie.

He hates her with a passion. But passion is passion and sparks are flying but he's too stubborn to admit it even when his closest (sexy AF) friends can see the
ReadingInPyjamas
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
New to me author, Becca Steele managed to surprise me in the best way, with this thrilling and suspenseful story. The Lies We Tell is the first book in The Four series and it's a crazy ride that got me hooked from the beginning.

Winter Huntington transferred to Alstone College to be closer to her estranged mother but also to dig into her fathers' mysterious death. But things become complicated when she meets Caiden Cavendish, one of the most popular boys on campus and her stepbrother. Caiden and
Katslovesbooks
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are You Ready For The Four?

" Have you ever been so aware of someone that your whole being reacts to them? Like you can't control it? -Well this is me with the Kings of Alstone College also know as THE FOUR.
Cassius, Weston, Zayde and Caiden are The Four and let me tell you that they will rule your hearth(HOT, POSSESIVE, ALPHA MALES that will leave you all hot and bother all over).
The story begins with Winter coming to Alstone college in a quest for answers to her father's death, this is where
NativeHippiesBookObsession
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I see you.”

To say I loved this book would be a complete understanding. My love for this book is like a strong rising passion that could set fire with the intensity of it.

This book hits all my favorite checkpoints. It has an extremely great mystery. A forbidden stepbrother romances. It’s got that perfect bully element. And lastly it’s and enemies to lovers, which is all the rage right now.
The sexual tension between our main characters is so thick I doubt a hack saw could break through it.

Andi Isack
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I NEED ANSWERS!!!! And you will too!
This was my first book written by Becca Steele! And what a bombshell of first read!!! I know when it comes to new authors you take a huge chance on it. Because you don't know what to expect from the author and her book. Well Becca's writing is really addictive. It doesn't let you the time to breathe, it keeps you there locked inside her story! ALWAYS surprising you with her next twist! Those are unpredictable, really, you never see it coming. She's a twist's
Megan
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mind. Blown.

Becca, you have me in total awe! I was hooked from start to finish, I genuinely could not put this book down. The Four, what a total group of hot, dangerous boys...total book boyfriend material. Winter (love the name choice) you are one bad b*tch with a serious level of patience and such a kind heart. King Caiden, I loved the soft sides we saw to you, as well as the brooding sides. Zayde, my man of mystery, I can't wait to find out more about you and that tongue piercing Cassius, a
Kandace Denys
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Off to an amazing start!

Devoured in one sitting. Holy cow, y’all! My heart is pounding and the adrenaline rushing through me would probably be better served with someone that was gonna use it for good, but that’s not the point here.

The Four are HOT. And skeptical of our Winter, but definitely not without good reason.
Winter is on a mission. She’s lost the only parent she had any ties to, and her quest to solve the mystery surrounding his death has led her to her very estranged mother and her new
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
Ms. Becca Steele, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?? GAH!! Ok, now that I have that ‘shouty’ moment out of me, I should be good (no promises though)!

In a world of popular foursomes, whether that is reverse harem or college bullies, TLWT is a standout in its own right. I have never read a Becca book before, but I am COMPLETELY 100% ADDICTED to her and her writing style.

The Lies We Tell is a romance, mystery, intrigue, bully, separation, stepbrother, positive parental units (just kidding) story. Our heroine
nikki
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
THE LIES WE TELL is book one in a new series from Becca Steele. If you are a fan of college/bully/enemies-to-lovers romance, then you need to pick this one up. Steamy and sexy with a side of suspense, it had me intrigued from the get go, and I needed so much more. The story in itself is addictive and I defy you not to fall in love with The Four. I’m so looking forward to seeing where this series goes - my first book by this author, but it definitely won’t be the last.
Shaley- Pretty Little Book Blog
Yes. Yes. YES.

When I was first informed about this book, I was like, “SIGN ME UP, WTF.”

Drama. Check.
Secrets. Check.
Sassy af heroine. Check.
Hot, broody, possessive men. Check.

This book has it alllll!!

This is my first read by Becca and I am so dang impressed. Everything about this story is EXACTLY my kind of book. I loved the drama. The mystery. The back and forth between Caiden and Winter. The friendships Winter made with the other guys. THE OTHER GUYS.

Caiden and Winter are straight FIRE
Nikitasbookreviews
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To be honest this is my first Becca Steele book and i saw the blurb was it and was totally interested!

Starting off, it completely sucked me in. Winter transfers to a new school and there she meets her stepbrothers who she’s never met before. Instantly she noticed that Caiden hates her. These two are like fire and ice and they are constantly at each others throats. Even though they hate each other they can’t deny that they have chemistry! I absolutely love the back and forth between them because
Brenda Hawkins
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well Becca, you certainly broke out of your romantic author mould with me in reading TLWT. toatally different to London Suits (both of which I loved by the way) and I was a little hesitant going in to this due to the fact I am not really a big fan of Bully Romance and the more younger Adult, still in University .
But boy did I change my mind, nothing like what I thought, i was intrigued straight away. What a fab story and way for these 4 Young smouldering entitled young men to come into the life
SCBookAddict
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I need more!!!

The Lies We Tell by Becca Steele is an addictive read that had me sucked in from the very beginning.

Winter's life is turned upside down when her dad dies. Starting a new school is tough enough. Add in The Four who don't trust Winter from the start and life can be hell.

The Four will make your panties melt. Each one has their own personality - dangerous, fun, smart and a hothead - but they are ALL hot!

This story is full of twists and turns, angst galore, mysteries, secrets and
catherine lawrence(Nerd_who_reads)
I absolutely loved this book.
Caiden is a hot hot hot alpha.
The Four are not to be messed with and here comes Winter, she’s not what they expected.
This book ends with a bang and you won’t see it coming.
Emilia || Dark Side of the Book
The Lies We Tell

From the first pages I was really in this world. „The Lies We Tell” is a first instalment of „the series named „Four” written by Becca Steele.
This book is a perfect hate-to-love with stepbrother and with a little criminal in the plot.

„The Lies We Tell” is a great book! And the first time I had the problem, because I really don't know which of this heroes I loved the most. Caiden, Weston, Cassiuss and Zayde. All of them have something that I like. But... when I ended this book I choose Zayde.
Victoria Weston
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author and book are a first for me and I'm glad I read this book, I really liked this authors writing style. This story is an enemies to lovers romance story and it holds your attention completely.

Winter is a confident, strong sexy woman who doesn't take no crap.She lets the four know that she's not scared of them.
Winter hasn't seen or spoken to her mum since she was five years old and doesn't want anything from her. The only thing she used was her mums surname to transfer into the uni. Her
it.sgottabethebooks
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Becca Steel Book. The mystery and suspense had me hooked from the beginning. The Four (Zayde, Cassius, Weston and Caiden) are so intriguing. Winter is so refreshing. She holds her own against the guys even with their alpha attitudes. The hot and cold attitude Caiden showed towards Winter was entertaining. That cliffy at the end though. I need the next book now! I look forward to more from this author as I really enjoyed her writing style.
Chrystal M Delgado
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lies We Tell is book 1 in this new series by Becca Steele and I absolutely loved it. It is unlike her London Suite series because this series is darker. I think that's why I loved it so much. If you like strong heroines and alphahole heros, then story is for you. Winter is thrown into the world of The Four and they are not happy about it in the beginning. The Four do not trust Winter and think she's there to cause trouble and plot with her mother. Little do they know the real reason she is ...more
Yajna Ramnath
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
That. Did. Not. Just. End. That. Way.
Oh my dear lord, I need the next book like NOW!!! This was such an awesome read. Angst, mystery, steam and a touch of sweetness. This is my first book by this author and it won't be mu last. Her writing is captivating and I really really enjoyed this. I cannot wait to see what happens next!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Wicked Dreams (Fallen Royals, #1)
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Brutal Prince
  • For Three Seconds
  • Treacherous
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Code of Silence
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Dear Ava
  • Bully Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite Book 1)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Vicious Hate (Westbrook Blues, #2)
  • Bittersweet Legacy (The Patricians, #1)
Becca Steele is a contemporary romance author from the south of England, where she lives with her husband, two kids, and various animals.

When she's not writing, you can find her reading or watching Netflix, usually with a glass of wine in hand.

Stalker links