Start by marking “The Imperfections” as Want to Read:
The Imperfections

The Imperfections

Brantley Morrison is a drinker of whiskey, a solver of problems, and a collector of mutts; the kind of loyal, hardworking guy you want on your side—and you’d best not get on the wrong side of.

Alyssa Walton never meant to find herself on Brant’s bad side—never even met the man until he showed up in her bedroom with a loaded gun and a plan to destroy her.

When Alyssa and Bra
Published November 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Imperfections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Imperfections

Start your review of The Imperfections
mel ☽
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Better people than me have said this before, but I'm so angry I'm going to say it again: this is the STUPIDEST hero and heroine I have EVER read about. And I've read a LOT of stupid characters, so this is a big claim.

I first started feeling rage when we learnt that the idiotic teenage heroine has been having an affair with the older, married father of the kids she babysits. And then we learnt that SHE GETS PREGNANT and WANTS TO KEEP THE BABY!! And claims to like the wife, not that that mean
Carla Bulian
Jun 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Unbelievable!!!!
The Book Bee
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 3.5-4 STARS
"Some choices can't be undone and some roles can't be recast."

This book was soooo good. So good but with.....a caveat. In all fairness, this one didn't start out as my favorite, but it quickly became a book I couldn't put down. I say that because I did put this down TWICE and I walked away, intent on DNF'ing it. This storyline with all its crazy actions, literally and figuratively, made NO sense to me. Not one. "I’m conflicted. But I’m hooked." <-- That's what
Fre06 Begum
Not planning to read a book where so called “heroine” has no morals or integrity!
Ria
Dec 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
What the fuck is this?
DNF!!!!

I’m at 18% into this and it’s probably the stupidest book I’ve read. I swear Dreams of 18 and this book are probably tied for the most cringe worthy book of 2019!

Meet Brant- a bar owner slash whatever the fuck else he is. He’s the guy who bullies first graders and goes to kill an 18 yr old pregnant girl because his brother in law fucked up and got her pregnant.

Meet- Alyssa, said 18 yr old who is probably the dumbest character I ever read. Someone comes to kill you,
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
I’m not sure what it says about me when I’m more accepting of a Hero who kills people when asked than I am a heroine who feels bad for sleeping with a married man....repeatedly 🤷‍♀️

I’ll never buy a “Mary sue” act when the heroine was fully aware the man she had sex with was married AND she liked the wife. She didn’t get in over her head....she willingly choose to have sex.

DNF @ chapter 4
Vivian
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is what we've come to expect from Sam Mariano!

"You're my favorite abductor."

Sam never ceases to amaze me with how she can spin the unique and unbelievable story lines that she comes up with in that brilliant mind of hers. Story lines that should NEVER work out. Relationships that are unimaginable in the real world, but totally plausible and realistic within the book world that she's created. Ones that have me wishing for a happily ever after, no matter how unconventional their relation
Bee
Dec 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Don’t ask.
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
★☆sodalemongingerpop96☆★
Nov 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: d-n-f, sam-mariano
Jennifer Hinson
“You need a therapist,” he informs me. “That was meant to scare you, not turn you on.” I shrug, grinning at him. “Maybe I’m just the right kind of crazy for you.”

description

This book has been in my Kindle library for almost a month, yet for reasons I can’t even begin to understand I continued to move it down my TBR list. It wasn’t that I didn’t find it interesting or that it made me nervous.....the only thing I can chalk it up to is always forgetting what the blurb was about & other books coming in that I
nikki
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you e not read any books by Sam Mariano before then I feel like it’s my duty to warn you that she likes to go for the shock factor - UNTOUCHABLE is one of my faves, and although THE IMPERFECTIONS is something entirely different, it doesn’t hold back and from the very first chapter you’ll be thinking “WTF am I reading”

Brant and Alyssas story is forbidden. It’s sexy and twisted with a side of funny. But it’s also a little fucked up. If that’s the kind of thing you love, then this one if for you
Izzie d
Nov 22, 2019 added it
Shelves: dark-triggers
Butthisbook
DNF at 16%

Issa big Nope!
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads

This book starts out with a bang... of triggers. That said, if you were able to handle Untouchable then you'll probably be fine here.

Now that we have that unpleasantness out of the way, onward to the good stuff!

Oh, I so needed more Sam Mariano. And here she comes to save the day with another one of her otherwise unlikable anti-heroes. How does she do it?? How does she take a man, who by all accounts is completely unacceptable as a romantic interest, have them do despicable things, and yet
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Are you kidding me with the high reviews? Assholes everywhere in this book!
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
3.5

I'm torn, I really enjoyed some aspects of this crazy and twisty story but then some parts were.....super extra.

If you've read Sam then you know that you should see the trigger warnings from a mile away. She doesn't do conventional, she does controversial. She doesn't do soft and sweet, she does hard and dark. Her "anti heroes" are just that and they're flawed, questionable, unstable and menacing, so if you're into that then you'll love them!

The Imperfections plot is both enticing and shock
Donna
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All aboard the crazy train.
What a ride!! Don’t plan on ‘adulting’ while reading this book because you will not want to put it down. Breakfast in bed please.

Brant and Alyssa’s crazy matched each other. They were both twisted and perfect for each other. I love that her sweetness and purity balanced out his Alphaness. I loved their loyalty to each other.

As always, Sam Mariano delivers on all the feels and will leave you in a book funk, mind blown!! It’s amazing how she pulls you into the book and
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Melissa, Book Boyfriend and Husband Make Three
I didn’t even read the blurb on this book before I jumped on the opportunity to read it and it was even better than I imagined.
I was in love with Brant at 1% and shortly after I fell in love with Alyssa. He was as alpha as someone can be with his need to own Alyssa and keep her safe. The chemistry between them was on fire. My feels were everywhere throughout this book. My heart was full with the sweetness of a moment then my chest would be aching and a lump would form in my throat because this b
Stephanie
Nov 25, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 34%

I tried.. but the writing and the heroine was so juvenile I couldn’t take it - even beyond the ridiculous plot.
C.❀
5⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ imperfections!

Just finished reading this one! Absolutely a page turner. Ever since I'm a sucker for a dark romance, what can I say I'm a dark romance whore ❤️ and this one didn't dissapoint me, albeit of the title this is a perfection, a gem!

It is Forbidden, age gap, complicated as hell and crazy ride experience reading this. I'm so amaze how Ms. Sam Mariano created the fictional world that seems so real, and got suck in it. I love how the building of relationships between Brant and Al
Karen Myer
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Not my favorite

The book was ok not as much angst that Sam normally delivers and Brand doesn't come off nearly as dangerous as other characters, if we could have gotten to his backstory sooner it might have moved story along.
Lucy Tearling
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. Untouchable is still her best piece and even though this one is not to my liking, I still going to wait for her new book.
Brandi
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc, sexy-time
I'm not sure how she does it, but Sam Mariano can take a guy who is totally despicable in the beginning and then bring him on around to the point of love.
And no, it's not that he's brainwashed me.
It's that he was broken to begin with and just hadn't found someone to put him together.

Brant. Yep. Those early scenes had me in shock. Mouth hanging open, hand over mouth, gasping because OMG DID HE REALLY JUST DO THAT?
And right when you think that, the answer is yes. Yes, he did THAT.

And somehow you'l
Jenn Gable
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felt it was kind of all over in the beginning but it all fell into place a couple of chapters in. Brant comes across as complete alpha and stuck in his ways. He's also got a mysterious, dangerous side. He's very much a family man and protects them to a fault. ...more
Erika's Book Blog
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia
Not many Authors can trigger my maniacal laugh quite like this one can!!! A completely unconventional, addictive, mind twisting ride that I couldn't and didn't want to put down. Brant was equal parts maddening and hotness, and I didn't know what to make of him for pretty much the whole book. The banter between he and Alyssa was sharp, on point, and often had me giggling up a storm. I wasn't sold on her the entire time either, which is what made this story so fun to read, I had no idea what would ...more
Fran Contreras
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: november-2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hidden Creek Kiss (Hidden Creek High #6)
  • Hidden Creek Cry (Hidden Creek High #7)
  • Because He Owns Me: The Complete Series Box Set (1-10)
  • Carides's Forgotten Wife
  • The Unfaithful Wife
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • The Evolution of Man (The Trust Fund Duet, #2)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Echo (Bleeding Hearts, #1)
  • Hate Crush
  • The Last Don (Mario Puzo's Mafia)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Make You Beg
  • Tailspin
  • His Royal Highness
  • Truly
Follow Sam Mariano on Facebook, Instagram (@sammarianobooks), or check out her Blog! If you need to email her, she can be reached at sammarianoauthor@gmail.com (but she is sometimes tardy about checking email. Mateo is very demanding).

Sign up for Sam's mailing list (to stay up to date on current projects--she won't spam you! Only for notification of new releases or book sales.)

All of Sam's books a