Start by marking “Christmas Carol Society” as Want to Read:
Christmas Carol Society

Christmas Carol Society

How Do You Impersonate a Christmas Ghost?
The Christmas season has arrived. The members of the newly-formed Christmas Carol Society are beginning their weekly meetings. Charlie Baker finds the first meeting odd enough, but when the assignments start, he has to wonder why he allowed himself to get roped into attending. Miss Dartmoor tells her members to impersonate the Ghost
Published October 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Carol Society, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Carol Society

Start your review of Christmas Carol Society
Full review coming soon
Chautona Havig
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, boy. What a ride! Christmas Carol Society offers a multi-layered story with all the delight and appeal of the story that inspired it as well as It’s a Wonderful Life and a touch of “The Gift of the Magi,” too. In fact, I feel like an idiot now that I’m done reading the book. Maybe halfway through it, I realized that It’s a Wonderful Life IS A Christmas Carol.

With a writing style reminiscent of Dickens himself (but not too heavy-handed with it), Rebekah Jones offers a solid Christian story wi
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: celebrate-lit, review
“It’s easy to label someone a Scrooge or a villain. It isn’t as easy to remember beyond the stereotype to the human behind the label, even when we know A Christmas Carol back to front.”

Charles Dickens is one of my favorite authors, and “A Christmas Carol” is subsequently among my favorite holiday stories. Having come across countless adaptations in both film and literature, it would seem to be one of those tales that has become too cliched to hold up to the scrutiny of another retelling. However
Yannick Tricia
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great book

Christmas Carol Society is a story centered on God's love and his power to transform someone life. By our own strength we can't change others but we can lead them to their Saviour. Knowing Christ is the best thing that can happen in one's life and despite their troubles the Bakers have a strong Faith in God. They are a good example of people who put God first.

When Charlie Baker accepted to attend the Christmas Carol Society he would have not imagined how it would change him and help
Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama
If you are in the search for a book to put you in the Christmas spirit or you are a fan of Charles Dickens, this is definitely the book for you! It was definitely a little bit more of a modern take on Charles Dickens story but it was definitely not what I was expecting when I read the summary it was so much more!

The main character of the story is Charlie. His cousin has him join a book club of sorts that share the love for A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. What he doesn't realize is how inv
Ibjoy1953
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Charlie is not sure why he is at the Christmas Carol class, well except for his sister, that is. The first class is just what he thought, boring and weird. But as he kept going, the assignments began to soften his heart.

This was an interesting book in that it goes back to a Classic Christmas book. I really don’t know what I would do if I had the assignment they had. But I did enjoy reading about Charlie and how his life changed as he worked on completing this project. Eve
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Books like this written with Christmas settings are nothing short of amazing.
Christmas Carol Society was beautiful and great in introducing the Christmas season. This is the first Christmas book I am reading this year and I can say I am off on a good start. Also the first of this writer and I'd love to read another book by her.
The story, the charcters, the beautifully woven elements of faith and salvation is a wonderful and very healthy full course meal. Unexpected but not disappointing. Did I
Amanda Tero
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve wanted to read this book ever since it’s release—partially because of the Christmas Carol lean and partially because of the adorable cover.

It was a very sweet read and perfect for Christmas. Rebekah wove in the salvation message as well as other theological truths dealing with ministering to others but trusting God with the results. I really enjoyed the spiritual content.

The storyline and connections between the characters were very interesting. There were a few times I had to remind mysel
Debbie
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am going to start this review with this statement and Yes, I am going to capitalized it because I mean it "I LOVE THIS BOOK, "Christmas Carol Society" by Rebekah Jones. I t is about a group that is joined because of their like for the book "A Christmas Carol".

The members in this society has assignments to be like like the ghosts in the book they all like and I was thinking when I started reading this book that I was not going to like it because to be honest , I have watched the Disney cartoon
Nyla
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Christmas Carol Society by author Rebekah Jones is a contemporary Christian holiday novel. I love all things Christmas no matter what time of year so this book was a welcomed addition to my reading list. This is a revised updated version of the Dickens’ classic.

This is the tale of a new group or society called the Christmas Carol Society. At the very first meeting Charlie Baker is ready to jump ship. The leader, Miss Dartmoor, gives out the assignment to impersonate The Ghost of Christmas Past.
Kendra Neal
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really LOVE the Christmas Season and Holiday Traditions. One of our Holiday
Traditions is reading the Classic Charles Dickens book "A Christmas Carol".
The way 2020 has been going, I truly haven't been looking forward to the Holiday
Season. Well, I think this book changed that for me.

The book focuses on the main character Charlie and his adventures in joining the
Christmas Carol Society. The Christmas Carol Society is a "Book Club" with a
Modern Day twist on the Classic book by Charles Dicken
Mary
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Christmas stories and I’ve always liked Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, so this holiday novel appealed to me. The story somewhat parallels the classic tale and intentionally has the main character attempt to help transform a “Scrooge” by following the pattern of the three ghosts in the original. By undertaking this journey, we learn much about both Charlie Baker, eldest child of a poor, motherless family, and Mr. Hamilton, his father’s curmudgeonly boss who is soon to be his also. Charlie’s ...more
Deana Dick
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a nice story that is reminiscent of a famous book. As I read the book it reminded me how we all know a Scrooge. Do we reach out to that person or turn around and walk away? In the story the group has a special assignment that I think would be wonderful for a youth group to take on. It could even be done by adult groups as they share God with someone.
The task seemed very difficult to Charlie and I admired his attitude of pushing forward. He finds just the right person and this is where
Connie Carpenter
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun book to read in the middle of HOT Alabama summer. This book is a Christian contemporary holiday novel. This was a new author to me - and I enjoyed this book very much. This book is a sort of retelling of the classic, A Christmas Carol, and it was fun to see how the author weaved it all together. The author wove together seamlessly her original story, the retelling and the salvation story.

In this book we meet Charlie Baker. He is the eldest child of his family. His mother has passed.
Erin
Shelves: celebrate-lit
What a fun read! I wasn’t quite ready for Christmas yet but this book made me feel all the Christmas feelings in the heat of August. I enjoyed the play on Dickens and definitely felt for Charles because well, I don’t like to be around people all that much either.

The salvation message is mixed in wonderfully with a captivating story. I love how A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens has been changed and moved and incorporated into this book. It’s a fun read that definitely made me want to just sit
Marguerite Gray
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The classic A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens comes to life as an eclectic group gathers to study and review the novel. But the assignments turn the study into a life application scenario. I enjoyed the parallel plot echoing through the pages. I’ve pulled down my copy of A Christmas Carol ready to brush up on the original Scrooge.

I found myself accepting the assignments—at least mentally. I won’t spoil the read by telling you what the assignments are. You’ll have to read for yourself.

I did c
Patti Whitson Stephenson She Lives to Read
I loved this charming story that’s a modern retelling of the Christmas classic “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens. This is not the typical Christmas romance that’s so popular at this time of year. It’s the absorbing story of Charlie Baker, a young man who attempts to help the “Scrooge” in his life find forgiveness and peace. As Charlie creatively finds secret ways to remind Ralph of the important things in his life, Charlie begins to realize that despite his best efforts, only Jesus can brin ...more
Amy
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading Christmas Carol Society, my first question was, why was this the first book I have read by Rebekah Jones. I thought it was a great read. I loved how she turned this story into a twist from Charles Dickins’ classic A Christmas Carol. I enjoyed getting to know Charlie and I had to keep reading to see where he would end up. I found his story to be inspiring and full of faith.

I am giving Christmas Carol Society a very well deserved five plus stars.
I am looking forward to reading more
Ashley Dawn
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Charlie wasn't really into joining the Christmas Carol Society and was ready to be done with it (really before the first meeting). I loved watching him grow as a character. The assignments were intriguing and the author did a great job with it.
I liked the author shows the spirit of Christmas and weaves in the message of salvation. That was a great thing to see and it made me happy. It was a Christmas story but it would warm your heart at any time of the year.
It was a 4/5 fo
Carol Keen
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I just can't resist a good Christmas story. Give me one based on Dickens, and I'm here. I think of this book as an in-depth journey with the classic characters, with the focus moved over towards God. Charlie is just heartwarming, and yes, Scrooge is included. How will God move in these people's lives, while working their way through a very classic Christmas play?

This book is fun and has a well-shown salvation plan. It captures many emotions and did a good job of making a time "past",
Amy
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I LOVE Christmas stories. This one was an especially fun one. A riff on the Dickens story, the author did a good job of taking the twist and creating an inspiring story full of faith. Charlie's story was compelling and kept me reading. This would be a great addition to anyone's Christmas reading list. Start the season early when this one comes out. ...more
Joni
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an interesting twist on a classic. Joining the Christmas Carol Society opens the members to new friendships and challenges. The firm faith exhibited throughout the story only adds to the tale. Fans of Charles Dickens Christmas Carol will really enjoy this book. This book was provided to me through Celebrate Lit for my review. The opinions expressed are my own.
Claire Hatton
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Merry Christmas

A book or story that warms your heart and makes you want to believe in the goodness of mankind. Thank you
Paige
Mari
Oct 02, 2020
Tamara Decker
Feb 07, 2020

• Scrumptious Independence (Merriweather Island #2)
  • An Ivy Hill Christmas (Tales from Ivy Hill)
  • A Christmas Tale for Little Women: A Miss Adelaide Christmas Novella
  • Secret Beach Boyfriend (Merriweather Island #3)
  • The Red Ribbon (True Colors)
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • The Black Midnight (True Colors)
  • To Love a Prince (True Blue Royal, #1)
  • What You Said to Me (Tree of Life #4)
  • Sand & Mistletoe
  • The Gold Digger (True Colors)
  • Phoebe's Secret: Phoebe's First Mystery (Phoebe's Mysteries #1)
  • Dual Power of Convenience (Merriweather Island #1)
  • Miss Fanshawe's Fortune (The Brides of Mayfair #2)
  • Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection
  • The Shopkeeper's Widow
  • Her Merriweather Hero (Merriweather Island #4)
  • Snuffed Out (Wilkester Mysteries Book 2)
My name is Rebekah. First and foremost, I am a Bible believing, born again Christian. Currently, I am in the midst of writing and editing several books and short stories. I also love to read and will, LORD willing, post reviews of many of the books that I read. Besides reading and writing, I also enjoy studying homemaking, music, herbal medicine and history.

News & Interviews