Start by marking “Callie's Catastrophe (Icehome, #9)” as Want to Read:
Callie's Catastrophe (Icehome, #9)

Callie's Catastrophe

(Icehome #9)

What’s a bigger disaster than being stranded on an ice planet with a bunch of aliens, never to return home? Resonating to the biggest jerk of all those aliens, of course. I hate M’tok, and it seems to be mutual. He thinks I’m ugly and unpleasant, and doesn’t understand why I don’t just fling myself at him. In his eyes, resonance has decided, and that’s that.

Problem is,
Published November 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Callie's Catastrophe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Callie's Catastrophe

Start your review of Callie's Catastrophe (Icehome, #9)
Ivy Deluca
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick(ish) Review

This renewed my interest in Planet Blue Balls. I’ve had a soft spot for this crackilicious series but I had a bit of fatigue once the spinoff books came into play. Even if you love cheese doodles, you can’t eat them every day. However, Callie and M’tok had all the familiar elements of Planet Blue Balls read (big blue protective heroes with a love of the downtown), along with a favorite trope (enemies to lovers). Add in some good Latinx representation and a dash of slow burn,
Kiki
Nov 05, 2019 marked it as dnf
I think it’s time she either hangs her writing hat or ends this series because clearly she ran out of material. This felt like a heavily edited and revised version of “Barbarian Alien” even if not a carbon copy.

This was just hard to read (ok, even harder to read) than the previous ones. I just gave up the moment author decided to call them her Lizzie and Mr Darcy. Like fuck off? You need to be reincarnated 1700 times before you earn the right to be born as Jane Austen’s left shoe!
Briana
3.5 Stars~~
I want to start by saying, Icehome and IPB books are on my insta-buy list. I started with the first story in IPB and was hooked. These stories are my chips, and I want em all.

description

For this couple, I kept wondering in previous stories what M’tok could have said or done to make Callie hate and avoid him. Each woman in this series and the IPB series deals with resonance and the shock of losing their former home and life in different ways.

Callie is depressed and angry. Although, it’s more
 B.E.Love
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
For while now I’ve wondered why these two hated each other so much and fought their resonance. I’m glad it was just a (view spoiler) but it went on for longer than I expected. We’ve seen what not giving in to resonance can do and it’s actually scary. Carrying on the tradition of the sakhui M’tok refuses to let his stubborn, fiery mate hide behind her walls any longer so he steal some her away. Unfortunately unlike s9me of the other girls Callie doesn’t find ...more
♛ Garima ♛
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, alien, not-finished
I stopped reading at 24%, it is a specific trigger situation for me for which I am NOT comfortable with.
(view spoiler)
Since we are in ridiculous land here and reading blue aliens and human romance, where we know nothing is real, the way for me to go offended by this situation is hilarious but there are certain things, where you have to draw the line.

The trigger situation has never happened to me but that doesn't mean I have to be okay with it.
Kai
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I was worried about this one, I think the stealing away has been done enough. The way this one played out was not good for me. I did not like the H. I could not warm up to him and that ruined the rest of the story. So I am already not sure about the next one and that makes me sad because I love Icehome.
Izzie d
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is M’tok and Callie's book.

First of all there is a forward note from the author.
'Foreword
In this book, I touch very lightly on depression. Out of respect for mental health issues, I wanted to say this in advance of you starting the book. If you feel this will be triggering for you, this is a heads-up that perhaps you might want to skip this book. <3'.

Also after publication the author issues this post on social media

"Hey guys! Just a quick note that I've seen some feedback on Callie and
phoebess
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
Callie's Catastrophe was full of great banter between main characters and I couldn't get enough of it, despite the fact the heroine was my least favorite Ruby Dixon has ever written.
She was haughty, mean and kept making something out of nothing, just to suit her cause.
Mei
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
I love this series for the silliness of the alien males!

And M’tok is the perfect example! He just doen't get it that Callie could reason differently from him! For M’tok the resonance is reason enough to mate and he deosn't understand why Callie is so againt him!

There're a lot of his reasoning that are so wrong when you look at them from the female's POV!!!

Still the sheer dedication and absolute love and pretectiveness they feel for their resonance mates is so endearing that I couldn't refuse to
Cc
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ku, ebook
Callie/Calida and M’tok

They nearly blew up with their island but their rafts made it across the sea. Disembarking M’tok’s feels the best of Resonance and looks up the beach trying to spot his future mate. Callie is horrified to feel herself resonate, she’s depressed and not ready to be forced into a mating. She hides when M’tok tries to find her. He describes her to his brother as squat and leather faced. Callie is angry to hear him describe her as such.

M’tok can’t understand why Callie wants
Kathleen Young
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Another winner from Ruby, I loved this story and have been waiting for Callie's story. I liked the way depression was handled although I felt it was a little to gently. Depression must be raging among the Earth women, waking up on a strange planet,aliens,resonance and all. Just thinking of 5 things to be grateful for is great but not a cure all. Nevertheless this book is well written and the plot great. Highly recommend.
Bee
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi
I remember starting the first series, Ice Planet Barbarians and thinking "this is really weird." I even avoided starting it because blue aliens falling in love with humans? That's SUPER weird. But for some reason I actually really like the series, and most especially this spin-off.

First, the writing is done really well. You can predict the plot if you've read enough. The female hates resonance, for some reason the couple ends up alone, and boom they fall in love after spending some time
Delta
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 More-Ice-Planet-Barbarians-Bliss Stars!
T00zday
I really didn’t like M’tok.

I LOOOOOOVED Callie!!
Her Mental dialogue when pissed off was fantastic!
She’s a book nerd too! I loved her divvying up all the people by Hogwarts sorting-hat rules.

M’tok is definitely Slytherin. Liar, manipulator, schemer.
He didn’t suffer enough.

Callie should have shaved his head and eyebrows.
Glued his dick to his leg.

Still a sweet story and good addition to the series.
Exciting tease at the end. What was brought?!?!
Nat Smithy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't much like Callie but the more I read, the more I understood her. Not bad overall. Can't wait for the next one.
FTLOReading
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fun read.

Have I mentioned how much I love these books? Cause mercy do I enjoy them. It always makes my day when get a notice that a new title is available. They're such fun quick reads and this title was no different. Loved it! I cant wait to devour the next one!
Megan Androski
Nov 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Nope. Nopenopenopenopenope *Trigger warning: sexual harassment, drugging, emotional abuse*

For most characters, believable dialogue, and the attempt to portray depression accurately, I'm giving giving this one 1 star instead of -99999999 (I know that's not a real thing, but I also don't care). Since this is a very common misunderstanding, I'm not gonna hold it against Ms. Dixon, but there is a massive difference between clinical depression and grief. What Callie is dealing with is grief, not
Stephanie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was okay.

Definitely not my favorite, but it was also not my lesst favorite.

I am honestly not big on having to be politically correct, but this author is forever stereotyping and being racist. Callie in this book says "white people foods". How is that okay? If someone were to say "black people foods" or "brown people foods", people would call that racist and probably protest. White people shouldn't be stereotyped if other people can't be. Let's try to be fair, shall we? I like Ms. Dixon's
Melanie S
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Not the best of the series

While I normally adore any/all of Ruby Dixon's books, this one isn't a fave. The drugging and kidnapping thing is iffy with me, but I can live with it. That Callie is depressed and angry I can also understand and live with. But Callie's behavior is so egregiously cruel to M'tok! This isn't Earth, M 'tok isn't Cuban and neither is anyone else on IceHome. Callie is acting like she won't accept any other reality - which is w-a-ay beyond depression - it's psychotic. I guess
Christy Dekay
Nov 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is not ok.

Ok, so maybe when you were writing up that trigger warning about mentioning the word "depression" you could have dropped a word or two about the fact that you were also going to write about the female protagonist being drugged, kidnapped, and imprisoned until she was willing to give him sexual favors, a situation I assure you is FAR more triggering for those who have survived it. And no, saying that he was just so kind and loving and respectful of her afterward does not cut it,
Charlotte
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
*WARNING* contains sexual content and a cliffhanger (sorta) ending
Callie (the lead female character) is not pleasant, nice, or any other good thing I can think of, until a little over half way through the book. This story is a bit more realistic in the sense that a human female probably wouldn't immediately adapt to an alien planet or an alien mate even with a vibrating cootie in their chest. I think that even though the Callie character was miserable and depressed, she didn't have to make
Debbie Kilburn
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hate\ Love

Callie hates everything and everyone. Especially M'tok! Everything he tries to say to her, she finds hateful. Then she resonates to guess who? Yup, M'ok! But Callie refuses to accept it. So, M'tok does the only thing he can come up with. He drugs her tea and kidnaps her. And the fight is on! But they start to know each other a little better. As time passes, she finds out that she isn't the only one who has lost everything and everyone they ever loved. It puts a different spin on her
Lula Pantoofle
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
So we have Callie’s who’s depressed and moping around camp who annoyed me. Then we have M’Tok who was brash and stiff who annoyed me. They annoyed each other. Then M’Tok steals Callie away and we get to know them and see them fit together perfectly.

I loved it. I love a transformation story. I love opposites who make each other better. I liked Callie’s sewing and M’Tok’s need to tidy. It made me feel they had character.

Another day, another blue alien success story.
FlewB'DoobeyDoo
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you.
Thank you.
And, oh yeah, THANK YOU Ruby Dixon for this fab as hell FULL LENGTH book cause I. Am. Living. For. It.

The hate. The love. The kidnapping. The throwback to a simpler time when we first crash landed on the planet, and were panicked and drawn into those big blue Babes. This Hit All Those Ice Planet Favorites and gahhh. Yas.

4.23 never-let-a-BIGBLUEBABE-mix-your-tea-boo
Christine Cox
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not the most agreeable heroine

But when you consider the circumstances and misunderstanding between H’s i think it’s pretty easy to get past Calli being a “bitch”. I personally love her fighter attitude and M’tok’s sly tactics to woo her. Well played M’tok. ^.^
Sherilyn Amy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cálida And M'Tok made my week!!!!

I absolutely love this series and I'm tickled to find out what happens with Penny and S'Bren!!!! Cannot wait!! If you haven't read this series you have to dive in you will NOT regret it!!
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Yay! Yay!! Yay!!!

This was so much better! Mind you it wasn't anything new, we've had blue aliens kidnapping their mates before in the series but it broke the trend between the last couple books and God! like I can finally breathe!

I have to say I really liked both our MCs.
Jenny
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay

This was probably my least favorite addition to the series. Reasons are:
- I just could not like the two leads; especially Callie.
- it’s very thin ice with the whole “drugging” situation. I know the author put a trigger warning for depression but I think she should have added one for vague themes of drugging and kidnapping.
- their relationship honestly seems super toxic. Like I’m glad for the HEA but man.... lying constantly, drugging, kidnapping... idk this couple just wasn’t for me. Still
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• CONTAGION
  • Alien Hope (Alien Invasion, #5)
  • Dragon's Redemption (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss #17)
  • Contaminated: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Sextus (Galaxy Pirates, #1)
  • Jackie and the Giant: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Axxios and Braxxus (Galaxy Gladiators #6)
  • Alien Alliance (Alien Invasion, #4)
  • Caveman Alien’s Enemy (Caveman Aliens, #10)
  • Hard Sands (Warlords of Atera #2)
  • The Lion and the Mouse: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • A Mate for Oigr: A Mate Index Alien Romance (The Mate Index Book 8)
  • Pythen Blessing (Galactic Order, #6)
  • The Frog Prince: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Enthralling the Orc (The Perished Woods Book 2)
  • The Vori's Secret: A Mate Index Alien Romance (The Mate Index Book 7)
  • Escaping Wonderland: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • The Ugly Dukeling: Cosmic Fairy Tales
Ruby Dixon is the secret penname of a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. As Ruby, she writes sexy barbarian aliens, grumpy shifters, and domineering bikers.

Icehome (10 books)
  • Lauren's Barbarian (Icehome, #1)
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
  • Willa's Beast (Icehome, #3)
  • Gail's Family (Icehome, #4)
  • Angie's Gladiator (Icehome, #5)
  • Hannah's Hero (Icehome, #6)
  • Devi's Distraction (Icehome, #7)
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome, #8)
  • Penny’s Protector (Icehome, #10)
“No. She is squat." The…fuck did he just say? Did that motherfucker call me squat?” 0 likes
“Sneaky-ass Slytherin M’tok played me.” 0 likes