Start by marking “The Screaming Hairy Armadillo and 76 Other Animals with Wild, Wacky Names” as Want to Read:
The Screaming Hairy Armadillo and 76 Other Animals with Wild, Wacky Names

The Screaming Hairy Armadillo and 76 Other Animals with Wild, Wacky Names

Kids love science, kids love animals, and kids love everything—everything—weird. Introducing The Screaming Hairy Armadillo and 76 Other Animals with Wild, Wacky Names , a science-based illustrated celebration of creatures notable for their bizarre, baffling, and just-plain-funny names.

Meet the Waxy Monkey Tree Frog, who lives high in the forests of South America—the “
Expected publication: June 9th 2020 by Workman Publishing Company

Be the first to ask a question about The Screaming Hairy Armadillo and 76 Other Animals with Wild, Wacky Names

Start your review of The Screaming Hairy Armadillo and 76 Other Animals with Wild, Wacky Names
Morris
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book and would make the perfect gift for animal lovers and trivia buffs of any age. It's a children's book but will not bore adults. I've already whipped a few facts I learned from it out in casual conversation!

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Becky Abbott
A very fun, informative and interesting guide to a variety of animals around the world. Kids should love this one.
Janet
When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

Kids love science, kids love animals, and kids love everything—everything—
Josephine
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

It’s science, it’s animals and these guys are just weird. Sound like a book kids will enjoy? I’m sure of it! This is a parade of creatures notable for their bizarre, baffling, and just-plain-funny names. The book has bright vivid illustrations and actual photographs. But not are photographed all because some of the animals reside 2,000 to 4,000 feet deep in the water off the coast of Australia.

A very colorful book, but I read the book on a kindle and had great difficulty reading white print on
Jill
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-read, netgalley
Thank you to NetGalley and Workman Publishing Company for The Screaming Hairy Armadillo and 76 Other Animals with Wild, Wacky Names by Matthew Murrie and Steve Murrie, illustrated by Julie Benbassat. This book is all about goofy named animals and is broken up into chapters including: Funny Names (Monkeyface Prickleback), Magical Names (Moonrat), Fierce Names (Twice-Stabbed Stink Bug), Delicious Names (Candy-Striped Hermit Crab), and Just Plain Weird Names (Dogface Butterfly). The introduction ...more
Ann

• Vote for Me!
  • The List of Things That Will Not Change
  • Greta and the Giants: inspired by Greta Thunberg's stand to save the world
  • Potato Pants!
  • 101 Healthiest Foods for Kids: Eat the Best, Feel the Greatest-Healthy Foods for Kids, and Recipes Too!
  • Instantly Sweet: 75 Desserts and Sweet Treats from Your Instant Pot or Other Electric Pressure Cooker
  • Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes
  • The Idea of You
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
  • The Better Liar
  • Jar of Hearts
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)