Start by marking “The Apocalypse Five (Archive of the Five Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Apocalypse Five (Archive of the Five Book 1)

The Apocalypse Five (Archive of the Five Book 1)

The end of the world is coming. How or when, scientists can’t agree upon. For decades, Earth’s best line of defense has been a team of young soldiers known as the Apocalypse Five, forced into virtual reality simulations to train for Doom’s Day. But, this is no game. Death on the grid is brutally final and calls up the next in a long line of cadets.

Stationed aboard the AT
Published November 29th 2019 by Anchor Group Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Apocalypse Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Apocalypse Five

Start your review of The Apocalypse Five (Archive of the Five Book 1)
InD'tale Magazine
The budding romance between Detroit and Houston manages to strengthen both characters while not inhibiting the effectiveness team. This is a sensational thriller of science fiction second to none!

Read full review in the 2020 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kaila
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing...fun...fast paced and sexy...it was wonderful to read and well written of course. I wasnt sure at first when i read the blurb but i loved it so much and am so glad i decided to read this one!
Bin Blogs Books
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With an explosive first chapter full of destruction, fear, and tragedy, we meet cadet 1215, Detroit. She and a team of four other brave teenagers are trained as Apocalypse Five; to be Earth’s last defense against a pending doomsday.

Rourke captured my imagination and held on tight with heart-pounding action and sizzling passonate embraces.

You can read my full review here:
Marissa
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meet the Apocalypse Five (A-5) - a team of the most promising space cadet superstars forced to participate in simulations in preparation for saving the Earth in the event of an impending apocalypse. If you fail to survive these simulations, you die in the real world. If you die, you are replaced with another candidate. The current team is lead by Detroit, a strong willed, independent, kick ass young lady. This team consists of ginger twins Juneau and Reno, the love interest Houston, and the part ...more
Crystal
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow!!! This is not my normal genre, I’m not usually a fan, but I love Ms. Rourke’s writing style and decided to broaden my horizons and I’m so glad I did.
This book starts right off with a bang and keeps you enthralled until the very end. We meet Detroit, Juneau, Reno, Houston, and Augusta, the latest incarnation of the Apocalypse Five, a team of the best of the best when it comes to their training missions. You see, the world’s about to end, but scientists just don’t know exactly when.
Movies, Shows,
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Well, hmmm.... The book started with a prologue-esque feel with an action-filled scenario with the Apocalypse 5, or as they were referred to as A5, team members of before and present. Yup! "Right off the bat" the author dives readers into an action drama that would get the heart racing. This is a genre that I haven't read from Stacey Rourke before, and I just so happened to have enjoyed this read. 😄 She has not disappointed in creating yet another intriguing
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Have a pleasant Apocalypse.

Wow….This is completely different compared to what I am used to by this author, but her spunk and sass is encrypted within the pages of this awesome read.

The characters are phenomenal. I loved the fierceness of each character and the feelers that I felt as I read this story. Of course, I must say that Dee (Detroit) was my favorite character. She was a kick butt character who didn’t take names, but made sure that her number one priority was keeping everyone safe and usi
Jennifer Treviño
Is it too soon to ask for book 2??
I fell hard for these characters! I love how they are all so unique yet each shines through their turmoil. And the loyalty they show to each other is the real deal!! Detroit, a true leader, had me rooting for her from the start. Auggie is one of my very faves even though Houston is absolutely swoon worthy. Benny & June though...their connection...oh my heart! (Btw...I love that they are named after characters in one of my favorite movies.) I felt like I’d traine
Stacy Spoonster
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me a few days to figure out how to write this review. I hate spoilers in reviews and this book has so much happening that I was afraid I would say the wrong thing. This book is a little bit sweet romance, a little bit sci-fi and a whole bunch of post apocalyptic goodness. The story follows 5 teenagers who have been raised to be an elite fighting force and the titular Apocalypse Five. Despite all of their training, they are still very much human. The mysteries behind this story slowly unf ...more
Dawn Yacovetta
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although it was a little difficult to get into at first because I was unsure of the premise, it continued to get more exciting the more I read. In a space station above an apocalyptic earth, young soldiers - teenagers really - are trained to defend the remaining human inhabitants against a humanoid creature that is out to destroy them. But when a "glitch" in the program shows Detroit a reality she never realized existed, the five young warriors find themselves battling against a system that coul ...more
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin? This book takes you on every ride you can hope for, action, adventure, love, betrayal, heartbreaking loss, hope... everything! You begin this adventure with a mind blowing reality that trains kids to "save the world," or fight and die. But these "kids" were trained their entire lives to fight, examine every detail, and end the threat. But nothing is ever cut and dry with the people pulling the strings, is it?
And that's just the first couple of chapters. As with all Stacey
Niamh Hunter
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've always wondered what would become of the human race if we are faced with an Apocalypse. Now I know. An extremely clever plot with believable characters is what I found. Stacey thank you for such an imaginative story.

Detroit, Houston, Auggie, Reno and Juneau are such noble characters.

Adalyn, Remi and Leif are such an endearing family.

A few little thoughts though:
- The fortress: WHAT
- Chancellor Washington: DIE MAN DIE.
- Houston and Detroit: MORE PLEASE
- Titanic Joke: I laughed and then later
Jo
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Favorite Quote:

“Auggie stabbed a finger in Leif’s direction. “I like where his head is at! Loads of enthusiasm! But, no. That scenario could get us all killed, and that’s pretty much the opposite of our agenda at all times. Still,” he gave two fist bumps over his heart in appreciation, “much love for thinking we could take out a whole clan.” Houston’s mouth fell into a downward C as he stared out of the porthole, contemplating that claim. “I mean … we could.” Rolling his eyes, Auggie’s shoulder’
Kelly Stepp
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intense, exciting adventure perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and YA sci-fi! I'm not a huge sci-fi reader but I couldn't get enough. The intensity of the missions, the team comraderie, and the slow burn romance kept me glued to the pages with small breaks to recover from all the adrenaline. The story felt like it was less polished in the second half and was distracting a couple of times but didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story. I loved the banter and comebacks of the A5 team and t ...more
Belinda Clemons
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stacey Rourke has created a unique book outside her usual realm of stories. In this book we meet 5 unique teens named Detroit Houston Augusta Juneau and Reno who are raised during the Apocalypse to be a Elite Force of Fighters in the AT-1-NS space station. Each one was fantastic and I loved Detroit she was just epic. it was suspenseful and had action and just was very quick to read I just couldnt put it down. I cant wait to read more of this group.
Kira Assad
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not big on sci-fi books, especially when romance isn’t at the forefront, but wow did I enjoy Stacey Rourke’s first installment of the Archive of the Five series. The storyline was intriguing and the characters all had interesting personalities that kept me wanting to learn more about them. There is some definite twists and turns that will have readers on the edge of their seats throughout. I can’t wait to continue the series!
Amber Shepherd
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Apocalypse never looked so good...

I was pleasantly (see what I did there?) surprised by this book! It's definitely got Scifi vibes but it's not SO scifi that a fan of PNR or fantasy wouldn't also enjoy it. The mix of characters are so fun. They're sassy, strong, broken, and determined. I absolutely loved the plot and definitely cant wait for the next book. Even if you're not a huge Scifi reader, I reccomend this one. It's a lot of fun.
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While in the vein of Hunger Games and Ender’s Game, Apocalypse 5, forges a new path into this trope. Rourke lends her classic snark and badassery to her foray into this genre. This young adult science fiction dystopian novel is unrelenting war and carnage from page one. Chapter One left me shocked and terrified to continue.

The reader plunges off the cliff and into the drama of a post-apocalyptic Earth with a young A5 team literally blasting into a mission. What the A5ers think is just a simulat
Sue M. Van
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy futuristic novels, this is the one for you. Stacey has gone far above all the movies out there portrayed in this genre. An easy to follow storyline and very well developed characters as well. I've read Hunger Games and Divergent Series and this is right up there with them. I would love to see it turned into a movie! ...more
Betsy
Phillip mckay
Dec 15, 2019
Belinda Boring
Dec 21, 2019

• When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • Halve Human
  • Dusker Dark (Bisecter #3)
  • The Monster Ball Year 2
  • With Shield and Ink and Bone
  • Chaos (Dark Days #2)
  • Genes
  • The Girl Who Cried Werewolf (Of Fates & Fables Book 1)
  • A King Rises Novella: The Royal Protector Academy Series
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island, #4)
  • Blood Trial (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #1)
  • The Monster Ball: A Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island, #3)
  • The Omen of Stones
  • Murder Is A Debate
  • A Weapon of Magical Destruction (Agents of A.S.S.E.T. #1)
  • Christmas Angels