Start by marking “When Wishes Bleed” as Want to Read:
When Wishes Bleed

When Wishes Bleed

One Prince. One Witch. One Fate.

The upheaval in my life began the moment a prince stumbled into my house and asked me to read his fortune. Any other night, I might have made an excuse to get him to leave, but this was no normal visit. My fingers prickled to touch him. So, I granted his request by handing him a single wishbone. When he snapped it, the wish … bled.

Heari
Published October 30th 2019

Start your review of When Wishes Bleed
Cristie Alleman
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved When Wishes Bleed 💕
Casey L Bond has written another amazing story filled with great characters.
Kira Simion
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-to-read
Not going to lie, but when it switched from a girl who could tell the future using wishbones (sweet!) to a girl who is helping a guy by vying for his hand in marriage (what?) in the span of a paragraph, I got skeptical. I want more of the visions and dark magic and doom that she tries to stop but sometimes (or all the time) it doesn't work. DUN DUN DUUUNNN.
Kalli Bunch
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is unique and fresh. I love it. I really hope there's going to be more from this world because it was such an awesome and interesting story. There are a lot of witch stories, many stories about Princes, and a lot of stories about fate...but this book puts a whole new spin on it. You won't want to miss it!!
Crystal Gray
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate.

I am left at a loss for words. Casey somehow takes things I normally don't like and makes them magical. Sectors, there are 13 different ones, eh. Royals, blah. Witches, cool! Somehow she takes them all and just wow! Her mind is a scary, wonderful place!
✿ lorraine
🌕🌕🌑🌑🌑
overall rating : 2 / 5
” he is here, fate whispered. find him. end him. make him pay. “
____________________________

the good
The premise of this book had me hooked! Sable, our heroine, divines the future through candle wax, tea leaves, or wishbones, the best medium to use. She does this all through Fate’s help, a not-quite-being residing within her, guiding her and leading her to those who he favors… or not.

This book is fairly easy to follow and sticks to common tropes. If yo/>/>”/>overall
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Casey L Bond’s When Wishes Bleed was an amazing and unique fairy tale. It’s not a retelling, but a completely new tale like nothing you’ve ever read before.

Sable, the Daughter of Fate, doesn’t have an easy life. She’s called by Fate to exercise it’s will. She’s also treated as an outcast in her homeland by most of the other witches, except for one.

On the night of the festival, when borders are open to others to visit, Sable hopes to earn some coin by reading fortunes. Whe
Amanda Evans
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’d been following the author’s pre-release posts and teasers for this book and couldn’t wait to read it. I’ve read a couple of books by this author already and have never been disappointed. She is now in my list of authors that I don’t hesitate to buy.

When Wishes Bleed tells the story of Sable daughter of Fate and Tauren the prince. When Sable reads his fortune, Fate shows her that his life is in danger and it is up to her to save him. The Prince is due to choose a bride and Sable b
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ever read a synopsis and instantly know a book is perfect for you? That was this book.

When Wishes Bleed is a story about a Witch named Sable who happens to be Fate's daughter. Fate tells her to do things, guides her, and etc. The rest of the witches she lives with basically shunned her because something her mother did and she doesn't know what that was. She reads the fate of the Prince of the kingdom, Tauren only to find out someone is trying to kill him. Tauren then invites her to b
Emily Goodman
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Casey Bond takes us on a magical journey where witchcraft meets dystopian fiction changing your life forever.

When Wishes Bleed is whirlwind journey filled with spells, princes, and secrets pasts. Fate's Daughter, Sable has the fate of her house and her communities life on her shoulders when the kingdom's prince, Tauren urges her to help him evade his own fate. Thrust into the world of society and secretly helping the prince, Sable's world turns on end. She overcomes so many obstacles
Brittany Hively
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY AMAZINGNESS!

I had the immense pleasure of reading an early copy of this book. It is hands-down one of the best paranormal books I have ever read, correction, that I devoured. A magically phenomenal tale with a bewitching modern spin.

One prince. One witch. One Fate.

This story is full of magical twists, family traditions, and a journey of self-discovery.

From the first page, I was sucked in and didn't want to escape. It was painful to sit this book down to return to the real wor
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
One King. One Witch. One Fate.

This was an incredible story!! Can you imagine having the power to know ones fate and go through with it? To me, that would be a scary 😑. I just don't think I could do it...

The characters in this story were phenomenal. I absolutely loved reading about Sable and Tauren. These were an amazing couple and together, they made an unforgettable team. Fate for sure was working on their side in this story.

The story-line magnificent. I real
Kandy
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I don't often read magic and rlems, this one was well worth it. I think the characters were masterfully written, the realms were so realistic, and the tempo of the story was on point. I enjoyed following the Witch through the trials and tribulations while reading through scenes that I have never thought I would be able to get through. The drama and dismissal that the other witches put Sable through was interesting to watch unfold and see how it would all turn out in the end.

Casey is now o
Wendy
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved it❤

Was really really good, had me hooked from the beginning!
Tauren asked for a reading and changed Sables life, she was going to figure out who wanted to kill the prince! Her good friend Brecan went with her and Mira, new friend! would love to have the spiders that weave beautiful clothes, that Mira made for Sable! Sable and other girls from the 13 sectors were at the palace to see who the prince would pick to be his wife. Very interesting, great storyline, love the main characters, and e
United Indie Book Blog
I honestly never know what I’m going to truly get when I read a Casey L. Bond novel. Casey builds us a wondrous world with witches and different sectors, think Hunger Games districts without the games. I enjoyed all the characters from Sable and Tauren to Mira’s magical weaving spiders. Sable is the Daughter of Fate, a cast out at a young age but overcomes whatever is thrown her way. Tauren will soon be king but one fate reading from Sable has him asking her to help keep him safe. If you love pa ...more
Amber
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HANDS DOWN BEST WITCH STORY I HAVE READ IN FOREVER!! Casey Bond has blown me away once again with her words. When Wishes Bleed is an amazing story with twists and turns you dont want to miss. When I started reading this, I had no idea what I was in for, but once meeting Tauren, I was hooked. He's the book boyfriend we all dream about having. The connection him and Sable share is one that can be felt through the pages of this story. I really enjoyed reading When Wishes Bleed and can't wait to see ...more
Jennifer Treviño
Wonderfully told, beautifully written, & anxiously read!!!

A mysterious tale full of magic, angst, & wonder. I could not easily put this book down. If not for the need to sleep, work, & enjoy family time these pages would have been gone too soon. Every chance I got was reading this.
Seriously addicting, wonderfully told, beautifully written, & anxiously read!!!
Fate, elementals, war, romance, witchcraft, choices, drama, action, true love, & despair are only a
CozyBakesNook
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! Sable, the daughter of fate, is a witch and an outcast among the witches of her sector. One night, during an equinox celebration, a man catches her eye and asks for his fortune to be read. Rather than tea leaves or a crystal orb, he is drawn to the wishbone. One snap, blood runs from the wishbone, and it’s clear that his future is in peril. Will Sable help prevent his death? Will she restore the house of fate? Will she save the kingdom? Will she sacrifice her heart?
This is over
Shannan
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That ending!!!! Oh my stars I think Ms Bond is trying to kill me. Each of the three parts could stand as a novella but are so much better that she putthem all into one gloriously long read. The sectors, the witches, Sable being the daughter of Fate, and everything in these pages were exquisite.

I am so at a loss on how to review this without giving things away but to say you NEED to read this and I hope we get a follow up novella on Mira, Brecan, Arron and everyone else from this story.
Linda
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Casey Bond writes the most amazing books. The protagonist is a strong Fate witch. Being shun didn’t discourage her. Love the personality. My issue is that why does a man have to make a character lose all sense of reality. Of course that is part of the plot and love turns you blind but in a way in which it made her strong it also made her weak. I powered through reading, cursing work for making me put the book down and not allowing me to binge read, even if the plot became predictable. It is stil ...more
Lisa P
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A magical ride

Can fate be changed? How do you choose which path to take? Casey Bond weaves an incredible story about trust, friendships, revenge, and magic. Sable is a dynamic character that finds herself in an unusual situation with her "unique skill set". You feel like you are right there with her in all the feels - bitterness, happiness, pain, envy, rage, sadness, love..
Patricia Finnegan
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait.

This book was well worth the wait. Casey has created a world of witches and royalty that is easy to love. Of course, I couldn't put it down so the adventure ended way to soon. It's an adventure and love story in one. Hopefully there will be a second book. If you've never read her books, this is a good place to start.
Cataline Champs
Wow this book was everything I never knew I needed. Casey’s writing is wonderful. This story is fast paced and kept me needing to know what happens next. Sable is everything you could want from an MC. Her friends are amazing and the love story is heartwarming. This is definitely one of my top reads of 2019!
Jennyfur
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully weaved story

I immediately fell in love with the characters. Casey Bond did a great job creating lovable characters and an interesting world where witches and non witches intermingle. I ended the story with a big smile and hope there will be another to carry on this world!
Tish
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favourite read of the year

Wow... This book had me losing sleep. I was fully absorbed, I didn't want it to ever end. I'm mourning :( the other half thinks I'm ridiculous.haha.
I'm hoping and praying that in the future we may get more? #begs.
This was so far from my normal read but it's now on my re read list.... I honestly believe it's my favourite read this year xx
Kacey Ables
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When wishes mindblo you!

Words: first this was unfreaking believable great! Omg the formatting and the tarot cards blew me away. I couldn't believe how beautifully written this was! Casey is always spot on which is why i have and will continue to consume every single word she writes!
Kathy Roberts
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story integrating witches and humans

I really liked this book. Love the attention to details of all the apparel and decor, really brings you into the story. Loved the ending and would like a sequel. Great job Casey, as usual!
Melinda Patton
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So amazing!!

I have fallen in love with this story. Everything was written with such detail and it felt like I was actually their. I loved reading Tauren and Sable's story and I cant wait to see what happens next. Definitely a must read!
Jen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was soooooo good! I couldn't put it down!
Tina
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely enjoyed reading this from beginning to end. The way the story unfolded and came to be is absolutely enjoyable. Can’t wait to read again.
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
Intriguing , world building and completely compelling. Once I started I couldn’t stop. I was drawn into this world of magic and it was refreshing. I could’ve lived in this story always!
Award-winning author Casey L. Bond resides in Milton, West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She loves letting the figments of her imagination spill onto the blank page.

You can find more information about Bond’s books via the following links:
Website: www.authorcaseybond.com